NEET (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test)2019 is a national level medical entrance examination curated for aspirants interested in studying any graduate medical course (M.B.B.S./B.D.S.) in government and private colleges in India. The exam for undergraduate courses is conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) once in a year.
Some key features of NEET 2019 are given below:
- NEET 2019 Application Form will be released in the last week of January 2019.
- The minimum eligibility norm to apply for NEET 2019 is to have passed class 10th and 12th examinations from science stream, with Biology/Biotechnology as a main subject.
- NEET 2019 will be held in the first week of May 2019 for UG courses.
- The application fee for General/OBC is INR 1400 and INR 750 for SC/ST/PH applicant, which can be paid via online mode.
- NEET 2019 Exam Pattern is declared by CBSE, the exam is conducted in online mode and consists of 180 MCQ type questions.
- NEET 2019 Result for UG courses will be declared in the month of June 2019 for UG courses.
NEET 2019 Highlights
|Conducting body||Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE)|
|Mode of NEET 2019||Pen and Paper Mode|
|Eligibility||Passing 10th &12th with science stream|
|Courses offered||Admission to M.B.B.S./B.D.S. and other equivalent medical courses|
|Official Notification||Last week of December, 2018|
|Date of examination||First week of May, 2019|
|Duration of NEET 2019||3 hours|
|Sections||4 (Physics, Chemistry, Zoology, Botany) |
NEET 2019 Exam Dates
The proposed schedule for NEET 2019 is given below. The important dates regarding admission procedure will be made available on the official website.
|Release of official notification for NEET 2019||Last week of January, 2019|
|NEET 2019 online registration opens||Last week of January, 2019|
|Last date for submitting NEET 2019 online application form||First week of March, 2019|
|Correction window for NEET 2019 application form opens||Second week of March, 2019|
|Issue of NEET 2019 Admit Card||Fourth week of April, 2019|
|NEET 2019 Exam date||First week of May, 2019|
|NEET 2019 Result||First week of June, 2019|
NEET 2019 Eligibility
All the candidates interested in taking NEET 2019 are first required to fulfill all the below mentioned criteria, as set up by the conducting body. The various criteria are stated as follows:
- A minimum aggregate score or equivalent percentage of 50% for general and 40% for SC/ST candidates is required in 10+2 examination.
- All the students must have passed class 12 examination with science stream having Physics, Chemistry, English, Biology /Biotechnology as main subjects, with a minimum aggregate of 55% in the mentioned subjects.
- The candidate appearing for NEET 2019 must be an Indian citizen.
- Candidates must have completed 17 years of age before last week of December, 2018.
- The maximum age to apply for the exam is 25 years.
- Only 3 attempts will be there to pass NEET 2019 exam. However, students can take a year gap in between to prepare.
- Further, all Scheduled Tribes (ST)/ Scheduled Caste (SC)/ Other Backward Classes (OBC) candidates are given a relaxation of 5 years under the age limit criteria.
NEET 2019 Application Form
NEET 2019 Application Form will be available from the last week of January 2019. Applicants will be required to fill up general details like personal information and academic qualifications.
Students can fill the application form for NEET 2019 via online mode only on the official website i.e. cbseneet.nic.in. The application procedure consists of 3 steps which are given below:
- Registration to get user ID and Password by providing basic details.
- Fill NEET 2019 Application Form and upload required scanned documents.
- The final step is payment of NEET Application Fee before final submission of the online application form.
How to Fill NEET 2019 Application Form?
Students can go through the guidelines mentioned below to apply for the exam:
- Visit the official website of NEET 2019 and click on ‘Apply Online’ tab.
- Enter general details like name, valid mobile number and email ID and date of birth.
- You will receive an email having User ID and Password and the same will also be sent on the registered mobile number.
- Login using the User ID and password to proceed with the application process.
Filling of Application form
- Once logged in, NEET 2019 Application Form will appear.
- Candidates will have to enter personal and contact details as well as details about their academic qualification (in class 10th & 12th), preference of program (M.B.B.S. /B.D.S.) and exam center.
- Then they have to upload scanned images of their recent photograph, signature and category certificate (SC, ST, NC-OBC and PwD category).
- After checking the entered details carefully, click on ‘Final Submit’ to pay the application fees.
Payment of Application Fee
- Application fee can be paid either through online method or by offline method.
- Candidates can pay the fee online using Credit/ Debit card, Net Banking and Cash Card & Wallet and through offline process by Bank Challan.
- After filling the necessary fields with payment details on the bank page, save the receipt of the online transaction as proof of payment.
- Take a print out of the application form after successful submission of the fee for further correspondence.
NEET 2019 Application Fee
NEET 2019 Application Form will be successfully completed only after the payment of application fee. Candidates will have to pay the application fee as per their category at the time of registration.
Fee can be rendered through online as well as offline mode. Aspirants can use Debit Card/ Credit Card, Net Banking or Cash Card & Wallet facility to pay the fee online and for offline process they can pay via Bank Challan.
The category wise fee for NEET 2019 is mentioned below.
|CATEGORY||APPLICATION FEE||APPLICATION FEE (WITH LATE FEE)|
|General||INR 1400||INR 2800|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||INR 1400||INR 2800|
|Scheduled Tribes (ST)/ Scheduled Caste (SC)||INR 750||INR 2150|
|PwD||INR 750||INR 2150|
NEET 2019 Admit Card
NEET 2019 Admit Card will be issued to applicants, after successful registration for the exam. It will be released in the first week of April 2019. Students can download their respective admit cards from the official website of NEET.
- NEET 2019 Admit Card will contain details about the candidate like his/her Name, Date of Birth, Roll Number, time slot and exam center allotted along with the address, which must be retained till the time of admission and counseling.
- It is a compulsory document of the entrance exam without which, no individual will be permitted to sit for the exam.
Steps to download NEET 2019 Admit Card are given below:
- Log on to the official website of NEET.
- Login using the User ID and Password, generated at the time of registration.
- Click on ‘Download Admit Card’ to get the hall ticket.
- Admit card will appear. After cross-checking all the details take at least two printed copies of the hall ticket.
NEET 2019 Exam Center
NEET 2019 will be conducted in 150 exam centers across more than 84 cities of the country. Participants will have the choice to choose exam center according to their convenience.
The governing authority will try their best to allot the preferred exam center to each candidate but they cannot guarantee the same. The allotted center and the venue of the center will be mentioned in the admit card.
NEET 2019 Exam Pattern
NEET 2019 is a pen and paper mode test and will be conducted in several languages including Hindi, English, Tamil, Telugu, Oriya, Kannada, Marathi, Bengali, Assamese and Gujarati. Each student will receive the question paper as per their selected language.
- Duration of exam will be 3 hours (180 minutes), wherein each section will have a time limit of 45 minutes.
- The question paper will be divided into 4 sections – Physics, Chemistry, Zoology and Botany.
- 180 MCQ questions will be asked in total with 45 questions per section. Check NEET Exam Pattern
- Students will be rewarded 4 marks for each correct answer and 1 mark will be deducted for every incorrect answer. Marks will neither be given nor be deducted for every unanswered question.
|Mode of exam||Pen and Paper Mode|
|Number of questions||180|
|Sections in paper||4 (Physics, Chemistry, Botany, Zoology)|
|Maximum Marks||720 marks|
|Marking Scheme||+4 marks for every correct answer|
|Negative marking|| 1 mark will be deducted for each incorrect answer|
|Duration of exam||3 hours (45 minutes for each section)|
|Medium of language||English, Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, Oriya, Kannada, Marathi, Bengali, Assamese and Gujarati|
NEET 2019 Syllabus
NEET 2019 Syllabus is notified by the Medical Council of India (MCI) which is based on the Class 11 and 12 topics.
- To download NEET Syllabus, candidates must visit the official website of NEET and go to the downloads tab.
- The topics covered in NEET Syllabus usually comprise sections from NCERT or recommended books.
- Along with the syllabus NEET Practice Papers and Sample Papers are helpful sources for better preparation.
As per our observations of previous year trends, important topics to study in Physics are Mechanics, Modern Electronics and Electronics.
In Chemistry candidates should pay more attention to Physical Chemistry and Organic Chemistry.
Similarly, for Biology, more emphasis should be laid on Genetics, Ecology, Physiology and Plant diversity topics.
NEET 2019 Result
NEET 2019 Result will be declared by the first week of June 2019, on the official NEET website in the form of a scorecard. Students will have to check the results online; no scorecard will be sent via offline mode.
These scorecards will contain each individual’s sectional and overall marks and percentile obtained in the exam. The results can be checked online by following these few steps:
- Log on to the official NEET website.
- Select the ‘Download Scorecard’ option.
- Enter the User ID and Password to see the result.
- You can download the scorecard on your account’s page.
- After downloading the result, take print out copies for future reference.
NEET 2019 Cut Off
The cut off for NEET 2019 will be decided after conducting the exam taking into consideration the factors like number of applicants, difficulty level of exam, seats available and previous years’ cut off.
- The cut off list will contain the All India category wise ranks of the qualified candidates. According to which, all the participating states will prepare their separate merit list for shortlisting aspirants for the selection process separately.
- Candidates must clear sectional and overall cut off to be eligible for the counseling process.
- The expected CBSE NEET 2019 Cut Off is listed below, which may vary.
|CATEGORY OF CANDIDATES||MARKS|
|ST||586 – 081|
|UR||691 – 098|
|OBC & PH||491 – 081|
|UR & PIL||589 – 089|
|ST & PH||297 – 081|
|SC & PH||303 – 081|
|OBC||629 – 698|
|SC||610 – 081|
NEET 2019 Selection Procedure
All the participating states have their own selection procedure and criteria for providing admission. The basic norm is to clear the sectional and overall NEET 2019 Cut Off as set by CBSE.
CBSE will declare two merit lists, one for the All India rank and one for the State Level rank. Applicants fulfilling such criteria are eligible for the next stage of selection process.
- To appear in the merit list, general candidates must have scored at least a 50 percentile and for SC/ST/OBC candidates, this limit has been relaxed to 40 percentile.
- If due to any reason, the number of candidates scoring a 50 percentile is less, the Central government in consultation with the CBSE and MCI may lower the qualifying percentile.
- In the situation where two or more candidates scored equal marks, the All India Rank for a NEET student gets affected. In such situations, evaluation of NEET Score would be based on the following criteria:
- Student securing higher marks in Biology.
- Student securing higher marks in Chemistry.
- Student answering less wrong answers in all subjects.
- Student older in age will be given priority.
- Top 15% candidates will be eligible for seats under All India Quota, for which the cut off is expected to be 470 marks out of 720.