NEET 2018 Results will be declared online in the month of June 2018. It usually gets declared within 2 months of commencement of exam. Post result declaration CBSE will release NEET Cut off for admission to government, private and deemed medical universities/institutes all across the country.
Here are some key points about NEET Results 2018:
- CBSE will announce the results at its official website i.e. cbseneet.nic.in.
- NEET 2018 Result will display the percentile rank and All India Rank secured by the candidate.
- The percentile rank is determined on the basis of marks secured in all India common merit list. Know more about NEET Merit List
- NEET Score will be valid for one year only.
- Candidates who clear the exam and NEET Cut off will be eligible to participate in NEET Counselling.
- The qualification criteria for NEET UG depends on candidate’s category. It has been represented below:
|CATEGORY||QUALIFYING MARKS (OUT OF TOTAL 720 MARKS)|
|General||50% which is equal to 360 marks|
|SC/ST/OBC||40% which is equal to 288 marks|
|General PH||45% which is equal to 324 marks|
|Reserved PH||40% which is equal to 288 marks|
NEET is the only national & state level exam for MBBS & BDS Admission in India. It has replaced all state level entrance exams for medical courses. NEET 2018 will be conducted in May 2018. Over 8 lakh candidates have appeared in NEET over the past two years.
Highlights of NEET 2018 Result
|Highlights of NEET 2018 Results|
|Declaration of NEET Official Answer Key||May 2018|
|Declaration of NEET 2018 Result||June 2018|
|NEET 2018 Counselling will begin from||July 2018|
|Mode of Result Declaration||Online|
|Details Required to Check NEET Result 2018||NEET 2018 roll number and password|
|NEET Result will display||Marks and AIR obtained|
|Courses Offered||MBBS and BDS|
|Seats Offered||52305 seats in total|
How to Check NEET 2018 Result?
CBSE will declare NEET 2018 Result via online mode through the website. NEET 2018 Results will be announced in the first week of June 2018. Candidates can check their results by entering their roll number and other required details in the website.
Here is how you can check Results for NEET 2018:
- Visit the official website of CBSE.
- Click on the link “NEET 2018 Results”
- After clicking on the link, candidates have to provide their NEET 2018 roll number and password
- After furnishing all the details, candidates will be redirected to their NEET 2018 Scorecard
- Candidates are advised to check all particulars mentioned in NEET 2018 Result and take a print out of it
Details on NEET 2018 Score Card
NEET 2018 Scorecard is one of the most important documents for applicants who wish to take admissions in various medical colleges. NEET Scorecard and Admit card is one of the essential document which will be required during NEET 2018 Counselling Process.
NEET Scorecard will carry the following information:
|Details on NEET Score Card|
|Candidate’s Name||Mother's Name|
|Date of Birth||Nationality|
|NEET Roll number||Total marks secured|
|Section-wise score||Total percentile score|
NEET All India Rank
|NEET Category Rank|
|Qualifying status as “Qualified” or “Not Qualified ”||NEET All India Quota rank (for 15% all India quota seats) Cut off score for counselling under 15% All India Quota|
NEET 2018 Answer Key
- NEET 2018 official answer key will be released in the month of May 2018, tentatively by CBSE.
- Candidates who will appear in NEET 2018, can check the official website for the official answer key.
- It will be available for three days only.
- It must be noted that the OMR answer sheets of NEET 2018 will also be available to the candidates.
- Thus, candidates are advised to download their OMR answer sheet as soon as released so that they can match their responses with official answer key 2018 and analyze their performance in the entrance exam.
In order to download official NEET 2018 Answer Key, candidates will have to enter their registration number and password. With the help of answer keys by coaching experts, candidates can count their probable marks on the basis of correct and wrong responses. On the basis of marking scheme of NEET 2018 as released by CBSE, +4 marks will be for a correct response, while -1 mark will be deducted for each incorrect answer.
How to Challenge NEET 2018 Official Answer Key?
- Click on the link available on the official website.
- Login by entering their NEET 2018 registration number and password.
- Click on ‘key challenge’ tab and select an answer booklet code
- Select a question for challenge and then click on submit button
- Click on select answer and give comments to justify your reasons
- Click on ‘confirm’ tab and pay fees online for NEET official answer key challenge
- Take a print out of confirmation page consisting of all details
NEET 2018 Merit List
- NEET 2018 Merit List of the qualified and successful candidates under 15% All India Quota seats will be prepared by the CBSE on the basis of score obtained in NEET 2018.
- Merit list will have as many students as there are seats available for allotment of MBBS/BDS courses under All India Quota.
- CBSE will also prepare a waiting list which will equal to 4 times of merit list.
- In addition to this, a list of successful candidates will be also be redirected to the Directorate General of Health Services, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India for the purpose of allotment of seats by online counselling.
Tie-Breaker in NEET
If two or more candidates obtaining equal marks in NEET 2018, the merit of such candidates will be determined in order of preference as follows:
- Candidate obtaining higher marks in Biology in NEET 2018
- Candidate obtaining higher marks in Chemistry in NEET 2018
- Candidate with less number of attempted wrong answers in all subjects of NEET 2018
- Candidate older in age will be preferred
NEET 2018 Cut Off
- Based on NEET 2018 Cut off, the exam conducting authority will declare the result for candidates as qualified or not qualified.
- Top 15% scorers among the qualified candidates will be directly eligible to participate in NEET counseling process under All India Quota seats.
- On the basis NEET 2018 Cut off, NEET rank range for participation in All India Quota counseling will be declared separately.
The cut off score is the least marks required to qualify NEET 2018. NEET 2018 cut off score is based on many factors such as:
- Total number of candidates appearing in the entrance test
- Total number of candidates who passed the entrance test
- Difficulty level of question paper
- Total number of seats
NEET Qualifying Criteria
- Candidates belonging to unreserved category have to score a minimum of 50th percentile in NEET 2018.
- Others belonging to Schedule Caste/Schedule Tribes/Other Backward Classes, the minimum percentile to obtain is 40th.
- With respect to candidates with locomotive disability of lower limbs, the minimum mark is 45th percentile.
- The percentile will be determined on the basis of higher marks secured in All-India common merit list in NEET 2018.
|Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribes/ Other backward classes||40th percentile|
|Physically handicapped||45th percentile|
NEET Cut Off 2018 (Expected)
Candidates can check the below table for the expected NEET 2018 Cut off under All India Quota and overall seats:
NEET Cut off score under 15% All India Quota seats
|Category||Marks Range||No. of Candidates|
|Unreserved||685 - 468||14315|
|ST||466 - 303||1427|
|Unreserved & PH||466-214||430|
|OBC & PH||213-210||10|
|SC & PH||209-130||75|
|ST & PH||213 - 118||23|
NEET Overall Cut off (Category-wise)
|Category||Marks Range||Qualifying Criteria||No. of Candidates|
|Unreserved||685 - 145||50th Percentile||171329|
|OBC||678 - 118||40th Percentile||175226|
|SC||595 - 118||40th Percentile||47183|
|ST||599 - 118||40th Percentile||15710|
|Unreserved & PH||474 - 131||45th Percentile||437|
|OBC & PH||510 - 118||40th Percentile||597|
|SC & PH||415 - 118||40th Percentile||143|
|ST & PH||339 - 118||40th Percentile||36|
NEET Cut Off for Top 10 Medical Colleges
As per the trends of previous years, NEET Cut Off of top 10 medical colleges is depicted in the table given below. The cut offs mentioned in the following table represents the cut off for general category-
|Name of College||Closing Rank for NEET 2016||Closing Rank for NEET 2015|
|Government Medical College, Chandigarh||162 ||158|
|Grant Medical College and Sir JJ Group of Hospitals, Mumbai||408||565|
|King George's Medical University, Lucknow||506||386|
|Lady Hardinge Medical College, New Delhi||263||117|
|Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi||44||28|
|Pt. Bhagwat Dayal Sharma Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Rohtak||1035||674|
|Seth G.S. Medical College, Mumbai||408||216|
|Stanley Medical College, Chennai||2264||2039|
|University College of Medical Sciences, New Delhi||128||97|
|VMMC & Safdarjung Hospital, New Delhi||106||56|
NEET 2018 Counselling
- After the declaration of the NEET 2018 Result and Cut off, the qualified candidates will have to participate in NEET 2018 Counselling in order to get admissions in different medical and dental institutions.
- NEET 2018 Counselling will be divided into two phases: All India Quota and State Level Quota.
- All India Quota Counselling is carried out by MCC (Medical Counselling Committee) while State Counselling will be conducted by the respective state exam authority.
- Candidates who qualify NEET 2018 and also clear the cut off will have to register for NEET 2018 Counselling by following the steps given below:
Step 1: Online Registration
- Candidates will have to register themselves at the official website to move forward with NEET counseling process.
- Candidates will have to mention the roll number, name, date of birth, mobile number, etc.
- They will receive a Login ID & password on the registered mobile number & email ID.
- Candidates will have to log in with the received ID & password for the further process.
Step 2: Choice Filling & Locking
- Candidates will be required to make a choice of their desired courses & colleges.
- After the selection of courses & colleges, candidates will have to lock their choices.
Step 3: Seat Allotment
- Seat Allotment will be conducted in three rounds. Seats are allotted to a candidate on the basis of their ranks in NEET and choices filled during online registration for NEET 2018 counselling process.
- The centralized counseling process for All India quota seats will be done by MCC.
- Counselling for rest of the 85% seats will be conducted by Directorate of the respective states.
- Around 60,000 MBBS and BDS seats will be filled on the basis of NEET 2018 counseling.
NEET 2018 Seat Intake
- NEET 2018 seats will be divided according to 2 quotas-15% All India quota and state level quota.
- 15% All India quota seats will be filled through centralized counseling.
- For rest of the seats, all participating states will conduct their own counseling procedure
- All deemed medical colleges, private colleges, Armed Forces Medical College as well BHU, Aligarh Muslim University will also participate in NEET 2018 seat allotment.
- Approximately 52,305 MBBS and BDS seats will be filled on the basis of NEET 2018 score.