MAH MCA CET 2018 is a computer based test which is tentatively scheduled for March 27, 2018. Candidates who want to appear for the exam should go through MAH MCA CET 2018 Exam Pattern and Syllabus carefully.
- The paper will be of 90 minutes in English medium only.
- It comprises 2 online papers of 100 marks each. Each paper will have 25 questions.
- The paper will consist of Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) containing 4 choices.
- Computer Concepts (CC) and General Aptitude (GA) are the two papers in MAH MCA 2018.
- 4 marks will be awarded for every correct response and 1 mark will be deducted for incorrect ones.
- GA paper tests the general aptitude of candidates to pursue computer applications and software profession.
- CC paper tests the computer based basic knowledge and basics of operating systems.
MAH MCA CET 2018 is conducted for admission to MCA courses in the state of Maharashtra. Aspirants should know about the important chapters and instructions to be followed while taking an online test which has been given in this article.
MAH MCA CET 2018 Exam Pattern Highlights
|Highlight of Exam Pattern|
|Exam Name||MAH MCA CET|
|Mode of Exam||Online only|
|Question Type||Multiple Choice Questions|
|Number of Questions||50 (25 in each paper)|
|Duration of Exam||90 minutes|
|Number of Papers||2 (General Aptitude, Computer Concepts)|
|Marks awarded for each correct answer||4 Marks|
|Negative Marking||1 Mark for every incorrect response|
MAH MCA CET 2018 Exam Pattern in Detail
MAH MCA CET 2018 Exam Pattern is vividly explained below:
- Mode: MAH MCA CET 2018 will only be held in the online mode which will be a Computer Based Test. Aspirants are required to mark answers on the computer screen. Candidates should note that option to give an offline test is not available.
- Medium: The paper will be conducted in English only.
- Exam Duration: Time allotted for the test is 90 minutes.
- Types of Questions: Questions in the test will be Objective Type Multiple Choice questions. For every question, four options will be given out of which only one option will be correct.
- Sections: MAH MCA CET 2018 will be conducted in two sections of 100 marks each with 25 questions in each section. The two sections in the test are General Aptitude and Computer Concepts. The following table provides information section wise distribution of marks:
|Number of Sections||2|
|Name of Sections||General Aptitude and Computer Concepts|
|Questions in each section||25|
|Marks allotted for each section||100|
MAH MCA CET 2018 comprises two sections with each of 100 marks. Thus, total marks are calculated out of 200. Candidates will be awarded 4 marks for every correct answer. Negative marking system is applicable in the examination. One mark will be deducted for every incorrect answer whereas candidates will not be marked for a non-attempted question.
|Marks awarded for each correct answer||4 Marks|
|Negative Marking||One Mark for every incorrect answer|
|Non-attempted Questions||Not assessed|
MAH MCA CET 2018 Syllabus
General Aptitude paper of MAH MCA CET 2018 assesses the general aptitude of a candidate who is to pursue computer applications and software profession. The detailed syllabus for Aptitude Section is mentioned below:
- Logical reasoning
- Quantitative reasoning
- High School Mathematics
- English comprehension
- Verbal Ability
Topics such as computer architecture and operating system basics are to be given special importance other than the topics given below:
- Computer Basics
- Data Representation
- Binary Arithmetic
- Computer Architecture
- Computer Language
- Operating System basics
MAH MCA CET 2018 Recommended Books
The following books can be followed by candidates to prepare for MAH MCA 2018:
|Name of Book||Author||ISBN No.|
|MCA CET Maharashtra||Team of Experts||-|
|MCA Entrance Examination||J V Subrahmanyam||8172541589|
|A Comprehensive guide for MCA||R S Aggarwal||8121914817|
|A Complete study package for MCA Entrances||Amit M Aggarwal||9385980386|
|11 Years Solved Papers MCA Entrances||Amit M Aggarwal||9352037346|
|The perfect study resource for MCA||Experts Compilation||9352039785|
It is important to keep certain instructions in mind while appearing for an online test. Candidates can follow the following instructions in the online MAH MCA CET 2018:
- On the computer allotted to the candidate, candidate’s details (Name, photograph etc.) will be displayed on the screen.
- At the scheduled time (generally 10 minutes before the exam), candidates are required to enter Username and Password as instructed in Admit Card.
- After entering Username and Password click on “Sign In” button.
- Read instructions carefully as they provide the entire exam related information including number of questions and marking scheme.
- Click on “I am ready to begin” button. The test will start at scheduled time only.
- Timer count starts when candidates click the button “I am ready to begin”.
Test Taking Process
- Question number in the Question Palette at the right of the screen can be clicked to go to that numbered question directly.
- You have to select any answer out of the given four options, by clicking on the circle button in front of the option.
- To change the already chosen answer, click the circle button of another option. In order to cancel the answer, click on Clear response button.
- To save your answer, it is mandatory to click on the Save & Next button, otherwise answer will not be saved.
- To mark the question for review, click on the Mark for Review & Next button. In case, a question is answered and marked for Review that answer will be considered in the evaluation.
- Submit button will not be available until the completion of the exam time. Candidates are not required to click the submit button as system will automatically submit the test after Exam Closure time.
- Thereafter, exam summary will be displayed on the screen with Subject Name, Number of questions answered, not Answered, marked for review, and not visited.
- Please confirm by clicking ‘Yes’ button.
- The countdown timer will start ticking after you click the button “I am ready to begin”.
- Candidates can refer to the timer to get an idea of the time left in completion of the test.