Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test (TANCET) is scheduled for the undergraduate students for admission in PG programmes such as MCA & ME/M.Tech/M.Arch/M.Plan offered by Anna University and colleges affiliated to Anna University.
TANCET is one of the most sought after entrance for admission to M.Tech Courses in universities/colleges across Tamil Nadu. There are numerous universities and colleges that accept students through TANCET for offered courses. TANCET 2017 for M.tech is scheduled on March 26, 2017.
Before just going for the preparation tips lets discuss of the exam pattern of TANCET Entrance Exam for M.Tech:
TANCET examination will be conducted in three parts as given below:
Part 1 – Engineering Mathematics
Part 2 – Basic Engineering & Science
Part 3 – Specialization subject and candidates can choose their specialization from a list of 14 subjects offered under this category.
- Plan admissions will have 30 objective type questions,
- Will have 45 objective type questions and
- Will have 40 multiple choice questions
For every wrong answer in this examination there will be a deduction of 1/4th mark.
TANCET 2017 Preparation Tips and Tricks
As there are just a few days to go for the exam, students become more panic about the exam. There are various thoughts that come in mind of what type of exam will be or from which all topics will it come from.
But if the preparation is well and with proper understanding there is nothing to worry about.
Here are few tips that you need to follow in this last week before the exam:
First and foremost, you should not go for anything new like any new topic in any subject. Just grab and be confident on what you have prepared so far and revise it as many times as possible.
Last Week tips for Engineering Mathematics
Solve sample question papers on mathematics, as in maths only practice matters a lot which make you confident.
- Sample question papers gives an idea about the topics, the standard expected, and the skills required.
- Practice and solve problems extensively.
- Apply conventional methods first, but as the material becomes familiar to you, start applying short-cuts to improve speed.
- Make note of important formulae and revise them whenever you get time.
- Memorize tables, common cube roots and square roots, conversions from percent to fraction, and vice-versa to enhance speed while maintaining accuracy.
- Practice as many previous year papers as you can. Set the time as well and check in what time you complete the exam this will increase your speed and help you to be confident.
- Build a setup in your mind of how to attempt the exam while practicing at home with proper timings.
- Take note of important questions that are repeated in previous years and focus on those more.
Focus on Important topics like:
- Matrices and Determinants
- Vector Calculus
- Z- Transform
- Inverse Transform
- Laplace Transform
- Practice more and more of the questions which will not only build confidence in you but will increase the speed as well.
- Z-transform, inverse transform includes formulae which are really important and must be on tips. Revise them well. This will help you solving the questions well on time.
- Solve as many question of matrices, integration and learn the basic formulae of integration as well which will help in increasing the speed.
- Eigen vector questions are important as well.
Last Week Tips for Engineering Sciences
- Candidates are required to keep revising the topics and practice enough numerical in physics like the Kirchhoff’s law, etc.
- Make each theorem clear and practice the based numerical on that particular formulae.
- Don’t grab the equations just understand the logic and apply in the numerical.
- Revise the important topics which seems important by checking the last year papers.
- Go for the important topics the last week like:
- Physics: Sound – Latices – Ultrasonic flaw detector – Xray radiography – Interference Fringes – Planck’s quantum theory – Laser and Fibre Optics.
- Material Science: Fracture – Magnetic and Dielectric materials – Conductor and Semi conductor materials – Ceramic and Super conductor materials.
- Electrical Engineering: Ohm’s law – Kirchhoff’s law – A.C. circuits – D.C. machines – Transformers – Synchronous machines – Instrumentation.
- Applied Mechanics: Law of Mechanics – Lame’s theorem – Forces, Moments and Couples – Displacement, velocity and Acceleration – Friction – Moment of Inertia.
- Chemistry: Adsorption – Chromatography – Chemical kinetics – Electrochemistry – Spectroscopy – Fuels and Combustion.
- Make sure to review the basics and make the concepts clear.
- Do as many numerical as possible.
- Make the concept of each theorem clear which will help in getting the formulae easily.
- Basic understanding is must of every topic.
Last Week Tips for Elective Subjects
This specialization subject includes 14 subjects out of which the Candidates can choose according to the branch they opted for in the graduation, namely;
- Static and Kinematic Indeterminacy – Energy Principles – Deflection of pin jointed plane frames – rigid frames.
- Properties of fluids. Fluid statics and relative equilibrium. Basic concepts of fluid flow – kinematics and dynamics.
- Theories of Failure – Unsymmetrical Bending – Curved Beams – Theories of Columns.
- Prestressed Concrete – Principles – Methods – Losses – Deflection – Design.
- Steel Structures : Steel Sections – Connections – Design of Tension and Compression Members – Beams, Column Bases – Plate Girders and Trusses.
- Understand the concepts and practice while writing the theorems.
- Mechanical Automobile & Aeronautical Engineering
- Automotive Engines
- Heat Transfer
- Mechanics : Equilibrium of Rigid Bodies, Properties of Surfaces and Solids, Dynamics of Particles, Friction and Elements of Rigid Body Dynamics - Basics of Mechanisms, Kinematics of Linkage Mechanisms, Kinematics of Cam Mechanisms, Gears and Gear Trains, Friction, Force Analysis, Balancing and Vibration.
- Electrical & Electronics Engineering and Instrumentation Engineering
- Electrical Circuits and Fields : KCL, KVL, Nodal & Mesh analysis, transient response of D.C and A.C networks.
Numericals based on these formulae comes in exam, do practice.
- Control systems : Principles of feedback; transfer function; block diagram; steadystate errors; stability Routh and Nyquist criteria; Bode plots; compensation; root loci.
- Digital Electronics
- Microcontrollers : 8 bit microcontroller – 8051 architecture, bus configuration, Instruction sets, programming & applications.
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Digital Electronics
- Electromagnetic fields
- Digital Communication,etc.
- Computer Sciences
- Information Technology,
- Chemical Engineering, Ceramic Technology and Biotechnology
- Thermodynamics and Kinetics
- Heat and Mass transfer
Though students have studied these subjects during their graduation, it’s easy for them to review the same. As there are just few more days to go for the exam it’s obvious that the syllabus must be completed and the revision is on the peak.
Again, the candidates just need to manage the time and practice well of the previous year papers and solve as much papers as they can to grab the seat out for them in TANCET 2017.
Few steps to be followed in this last week
Here are few tips Candidates can follow to beat the TANCET Entrance Exam successfully without any worries.
- Follow the “read and write” technique. It may consume time but it helps a lot in remembering the concept.
- Don’t learn from books now or mugging up theories. Try “NOT” to take up any new topic for the exam preparation at this last moment.
- Just revise the notes that you made during your study.
- Focus well on revising formulae, tricks and shortcuts.
- Take as much as mock tests possible.
- Practicing well is much important as it can give the candidate confidence in clarifying the concepts and make the confusion clear and they will be able to effectively manage to solve the paper easily within a timeline.
- Spend time on revising the topics you don’t feel much confident about.
- Keep in mind the “negative marking” while solving the papers during self study as this will help you during the exam time.
- Don’t just go for the answers during practice. Just practice as you are in the examination hall.
- Weak sections must be revised as many times as possible and make them strong on tips.
Be confident: Nervousness can spoil your preparation. Be confident and stay calm and composed so that you can solve the paper efficiently.
Do take the “Admit Card” along and try to reach the examination center 30 minutes before.