The official notification for XAT 2018 is out now. The test is conducted by XLRI –Xavier’s School of Business (also known as Xavier’s Labour Relations Institute) and the notification for the test has been released by the same. XAT 2018 is amongst the most prominent management entrance exam in the country and is accepted by more than 150 business colleges in the country.
XAT 2018 will be conducted on January 07, 2018 in around 50 cities in the country and also at 2 international locations. Listed below are some quick facts about XAT 2018:
- XAT 2018 online registration will start from August 21, 2017. Check XAT Registration
- Admit Cards for the test will be made available on the official website from December 23, 2018.
- The results of XAT 2018 are expected to arrive in January 28, 2018.
- Candidates who are able to clear XAT Cut Off will called for admission by the colleges for which they have applied.
XAT 2018 - Some Quick Facts
|Name of Test||Xaviers Aptitude Test|
|Popularly known as||XAT 2018|
|Type of Exam||Management Entrance Test (Post Graduate Level)|
|Conducted by||XLRI – Xavier’s School of Business|
|Frequency of Exam||Once in a year|
|XAT 2018 Exam Date||January 07, 2018|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Mode of Test||Offline|
XAT 2018 – Eligibility
XAT 2018 is taken by around 1 lakh aspirants every year for taking admission in Post Graduate Programs in Management. XLRI has set some minimum eligibility criteria for XAT 2018. Here are the details of it:-
- Candidates need to have a Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized institute.
- Candidates in the final year of their Graduation can also apply for the test. However, they need to make sure that they will complete their graduation by June 2018.
- There is no Nationality Boundary for XAT 2018. Indian candidates and candidates from Dubai and Kathmandu can apply directly for XAT 2018.
- NRI and Foreign candidates can apply for XAT 2018 through their GMAT registration.
- There is no age limit for XAT 2018.
XAT 2018 Exam Dates
As per the official notification by XLRI, XAT 2018 is scheduled for January 07, 2018. The schedule for events like start of registration or release of admit cards will be released shortly. However, according to past trends, the complete schedule for XAT 2018 may look like this :-
|XAT 2018 Application forms will be available from||August 21, 2017|
|Last date to apply for the test (without late fee)||November 21, 2017|
|Last date to apply for the test (with late fee)||December 01, 2017|
|Release of XAT Admit Card||December 23, 2017 onwards|
|Date of Test||January 07, 2018|
|Declaration of Results||January 28, 2018|
XAT 2018 Registration
The registration window for XAT 2018 will become functional from August 21. Candidates can apply for the test by visiting the official website of XAT 2018. Candidates may follow the steps listed below to register themselves for the test:-
- Reach the official website for XAT 2018 – www.xatonline.net.in.
- Click on – ‘Register’.
- Here you have to create an account first, with your email ID. After the registration, a XAT ID and a link will be sent to your email ID.
- Through the link received, candidates need to create a password for their XAT account. Candidates must remember this password and next time they can login through this password only.
- Now, start filling XAT application form. This will involve filling personal details, uploading required documents and mentioning qualification and work experience.
- After this, candidates need to make the payment. Payment can be made through online mode, through pay-in slip at IDBI Bank or through a Demand Draft.
- Application fee for XAT 2018 is INR 1600. If candidate wants to apply for XLRI along with the test, the fee is INR 300 for per course applied by candidate.
- Candidates making the payment through Demand Draft will have to update the information in the form as soon as the payment is made, and will need to send the confirmation page and Demand Draft to Chairperson of Admissions at XLRI.
- After making the payment, the application form is complete. Candidates are advised to have a printout of the form, for future references.
XAT 2018 Exam Pattern
XAT 2018 is a test that is 3.5 hours long and consists of 5 sections, which are Quantitative Aptitude, Verbal Ability, Decision Making, General Knowledge and Essay Writing. Let us take a look the complete examination pattern for XAT 2018:-
- XAT 2018 will be conducted in Offline Mode.
- Candidates will be given 210 minutes to complete the total exam.
- XAT 2018 is divided into two parts, paper 1 and paper 2.
- Paper 1 consists of 70 questions on Decision Making, Quantitative Ability and Verbal Ability.
- Candidates are given 170 minutes to complete Paper 1.
- Paper 2 has 25 questions of General Knowledge and 1 topic of essay writing.
- Candidates are given 40 minutes to complete paper 2.
- For each correct answer (except essay writing), candidates are given 1 mark, and for every incorrect answer, 0.25 marks are deducted.
- There is negative marking in test for not attempting a question. If a candidate leaves more than 12 questions, 0.05 marks per question will be deducted.
XAT 2018 Results
The result will be released by XLRI Jamshedpur on January 31, 2018 However, we can expect the results of XAT 2018 in 1st week of February 2018, at the latest. XAT Result will be made available on the official website.
Here are the steps that candidates can follow to check the result of XAT 2018 :-
- Candidates first need to reach the official website of XAT 2018 – www.xatonline.net.in.
- On the Home Page, Candidates will be able to find a link named – ‘XAT 2018 Score Card’. Candidates need to click on that link.
- After this, the login page will appear. Candidates need to enter their XAT Registration Number and Date of Birth in respective columns, and click on ‘Login’.
- The scorecard will appear on the screen. Score Card will show the score of Candidate along with his/her percentile.
- Candidates are advised to have a printout of this score card as it will be needed in the admission process.
XAT 2018 Selection Procedure
Since there are a lot of B-schools under XAT 2018, the selection procedure may not be same for all colleges. However, we can have a look at the selection process for XLRI’s different courses, which is the topmost college under XAT 2018. So here it is:-
- Candidates first need secure the cut off percentile required for getting shortlisted.
- The candidates who are able to secure the required percentile are called for the further process.
- Candidates who have been shortlisted have to attend the two stage selection process. This involved a group discussion in first stage, which is followed by a personal interview.
- Candidates who perform well in these rounds are given admission by considering their XAT 2018 score as well as GDPI scores.
Candidates must understand that applying for XAT 2018 does not mean that candidate has applied for participating colleges also. Even for XLRI, there is separate section in the application form. Candidates need to apply for other college separately, if they want to take admission in that particular college.
XAT 2018 – Cut Offs
As mentioned above, XAT 2018 is taken by around 1 lakh aspirants every year to take admission in Post Graduate Management Programs in different colleges. Since the pioneer college under XAT 2018 is XLRI itself, knowing the cut off will give a better idea of the test. Here are the 2017 cut offs of XAT for various programs at XLRI:-
|XAT 2017 CUT OFF PERCENTILE|
|Section||For Business Management Course||For Human Resources Course|