Indian Navy is inviting application from unmarried male candidates for a 4-years degree course under the 10+2 (B. Tech) Cadet Entry Scheme at Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala, Kerala through JEE Main.
B.Tech Admission 2017 at Indian Naval Academy : Eligibility Criteria
Candidates who wish to apply for B.Tech admission at Indian Naval Academy must fulfil the following eligibility criteria.
- Candidate must be born between 02 Jul 1998 & 01 Jan 2001 (both inclusive).
- Candidate should have passed Senior Secondary Examination (10+2 Pattern) or its equivalent examinations from any Board with minimum 70% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics (PCM) and at least 50% marks in English (either in Class X or Class XII).
- Candidates should have appeared for JEE (Main) 2017 exam. On the basis of JEE (Main) 2017 All India Rank, call up for Service Selection Board (SSB) will be issued.
- Following physical standards must be met for possible eligibility
- Minimum height should be 157 cms and weight will be correlated as per age.
- Candidate should not be colour/night blind.
- The minimum acceptable vision standards for distant vision is 6/6, 6/9 correctable to 6/6, 6/6 with glasses.
Permanent body tattoos are only permitted on inner face of forearms and not on any other part of the body. However, candidates belonging to tribal communities/from tribal areas as declared by the Government of India can be permitted certain concessions.
B.Tech admission 2017 at Indian Naval Academy: Selection Procedure
- Applicants will be shortlisted for Service Selection Board (SSB) interview on the basis of JEE (Main) 2017 All India Rank. SSB interviews for shortlisted candidates will be scheduled at Bangalore/ Bhopal/ Coimbatore/ Visakhapatnam from Jul - Oct 17.
- Shortlisted candidates will be informed about their SSB interview via E-mail or SMS as details provided by them in their application form.
- There will be two stages in SSB interview.
- Stage I test will include group discussion, intelligence test, and picture perception test. Candidates who do not qualify in Stage I will be sent back on the same day.
- Stage II test will last for four days and consists of psychological testing, group testing and interview. If candidates qualify stage II, they will undergo Medical Examination that lasts approx 03-05 days.
B.Tech Admission 2017 at Indian Naval Academy: How to apply
- Visit the following link www.joinindiannavy.gov.in to apply.
- New candidates have to create a new account by filling-in the appropriate information.
- Candidates need to fill-in the application form between June 5, 2017 and June 25, 2017.
- Following documents (preferably in original) should be scanned and uploaded in PDF form while filling up the application form.
- Date of birth proof (as per 10th/12th certificates),
- Class 10th mark sheet,
- Class 12th mark sheet,
- JEE Main 2017 scorecard (indicating All India Rank)
- recent colour photograph
- The training is scheduled to start in January 2018.
- Candidates who have cleared the SSBs and declared medically fit, will be selected for training based on All India Merit and on the number of vacancies.
- All India Merit will be prepared as per SSB marks.
- The Indian Navy will bear the entire cost of training.
- Free clothing and mess service will also be provided to the cadets.
B.Tech Admission 2017 at Indian Naval Academy: Important Guidelines
- Any change in SSB venue for interview is not permitted.
- Any change regarding SSB date has to be addressed to the Call up Officer of the concerned SSB. Fresh dates for SSB, if any would be in accordance to availability of off batches/slots.
- No compensation will be paid for any injury sustained during tests.
- Application will be subjected to subsequent scrutiny and can be rejected at any point of time, if found ineligible/invalid.
- No request will be entertained for changes in uploaded documents after closing of online application.
- One printed copy of online application form and original certificates/documents must be carried along while appearing for SSB interview.
Benefits of Joining Indian Navy
Pay Scale and Promotion
Following table gives details of pay scale which a candidate will get after completing B.Tech from Indian Navy and join Indian Navy under various rank.
|Rank||Pay Bands/Scale||Grade Pay||MSP|
|Allowances||To whom granted||Rate Per Month (in Rs)|
|Instructional||All officers posted as instructor||2700/pm|
|Flying||Qualified Pilot/Observer||13500 - 21000/pm|
|MARCOs||Qualified as MARCOs||13500 - 21000/pm|
|Submarine||Qualified Submariner||13500 - 21000/pm|
|Diving Qualified||Ships Diver||600/pm|
|Sea Going||All Naval Officers serving Onboard Ships (Sailing Only)||6300-7800/pm|
|Uniform||All Officers||24000 (Initial grant) & 7500 (Every 3 Yrs)|
|Hard Area||All Officers posted in Hard Area as declared by Govt.||25% of BP+GP+MSP|
|House Ren||To Officers not provided Govt. Accommodation||10-30% of Basic (Pay Band+Grade Pay+MSP)|
|Transport||All Officers||1600-3200 (+DA thereon)|
Privileges and other benefits
Indian Navy provides mess/club/sports facilities (surfing, rafting etc.), free medical facilities for self & dependents, furnished Govt. accommodation, canteen facilities, car/housing loan at subsidised rates, entitled ration. There is also 40% rail concession and free travel for self and dependents.
Officer will be granted an insurance cover of Rs. 75 lakhs (on contribution). There are 20 casual leave and 60 annual leave every year. Leave during training period will be as per the Training Policy in force.
About JEE Main
JEE (Joint Entrance Examination) Main is one of the largest undergraduate engineering entrance tests conducted to offer admissions in IITs (Indian Institutes of Information Technology), NITs (National Institutes of Technology) and other centrally funded technical institutions (CFTIs) across the country.
JEE Main 2017 was conducted on April 2, 2017(offline mode) and from April 8-9, 2017 (online mode).
The result of JEE Main was declared on April 27, 2017.