SRM Joint Engineering Entrance Examination (SRMJEEE) is one of the popular university level admission exams that is conducted by the SRM University. SRM University organises this exam in the month of April to select students for various courses.
- SRMJEEE 2018 will comprise of 3 papers.
- The examinee for the B.Tech course will have to attempt Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics section while the Biomedical Engineering candidates have to do Biology, Chemistry, Physics questions.
- For B.Tech course, the number of questions will be 105 whereas for biomedical engineering number of questions will be 120.
- The total number of marks for both the exams will be similar that is equal to 315 for both the courses.
- There will be a negative marking pattern for any wrong answer. For Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics questions, there will be a deduction of one mark whereas for Biology questions, there will be penalty of 0.7 marks for each wrong answer.
By clearing SRMJEEE 2018, candidates can get admission in the undergraduate engineering programme or biomedical course. Applicants should have knowledge of examination pattern before taking the entrance test. Have a look at this article to know more about SRMJEEE 2018 Exam Pattern.
SRMJEEE 2018 Highlights Table
|Exam Name||Sri Ramaswamy Memorial Joint Entrance Examination|
|Conducting Body||SRM University|
|Duration||2 hours 30 minutes|
|Sections||Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Mathematics|
|Marks Distribution||105 marks for each section (B.Tech) 120 marks (Biomedical)|
|Marking Scheme||3 marks for correct response 1 mark deducted for wrong response for Mathematics 0.7 deducted for Biology|
SRMJEEE 2018 Exam Pattern
SRMJEEE 2018 Exam will be an online test with Multiple Choice objective questions. The duration of the exam will be 2 hours 30 minutes and the question will be available in the English language. The exam will have questions from Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics/Biology subjects. Some of the important info related to the SRMJEEE 2018 Exam is mentioned below.
- Examination Name: SRM University Joint Engineering Entrance Examination 2018.
- Mode of the Application: Online.
- Conducting Authority: SRM University.
- Duration: 2:30 hours.
- Subjects: Physics, Chemistry, Biology/ Mathematics.
- Type of Question: Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs).
- Exam Category: Undergraduate.
- Number of Candidates (According to the previous year): Two lakhs approx.
- Level: All India Level
- Examination Mode: Online.
- Language: English.
SRMJEEE 2018 Marking Scheme
SRMJEEE 2018 Exam will have four sections in the question paper. First section will contain 35 questions from Physics with a weightage of 105 marks. The second part will have 35 questions from Chemistry creating a total of 105 marks.
Applicants who want to go for B.Tech course will have to attempt the mathematics section and there will be 35 questions in maths section with a total of 105 marks. For biomedical program, there will be 35 questions from biology with a total weightage of 105 marks.
The overall marks of the paper will be 315. Negative Marking scheme will also be there in SRMJEEE 2018 Exam. There will be deduction of one mark for each wrong answer in Mathematics, Chemistry, and Physics section while for Biology section there will be deduction of 0.7 marks for each incorrect answer.
The marking scheme and marks weightage for the SRMJEEE 2018 Exam is mentioned below.
|Subjects||Marks||No of Questions||Total Marks|
|Part3 - Mathematics||3||35||105|
SRMJEEE 2018 Syllabus
Students who are attempting the exams should have the cognizance of the syllabus of the exam. The topics those are imperative in all fours subjects from examination perspective are mentioned below.
Syllabus for Physics
- Gravitation, Mechanics of Solids and Fluids
- Units and Measurement
- Heat and Thermodynamics
- Oscillations and Wave Motion
- Electricity and Magnetism
- Atomic Physics and Relativity
- Dual Nature of Matter and Nuclear Physics
- Electronics and Communication
- Ray and Wave Optics and Magnetism
Syllabus for Chemistry
- Some Basic Concepts in Chemistry
- States of Matter
- Atomic Structure
- Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure
- Chemical Families :Periodic Properties
- Purification and Characterization of Organic Compounds
- Chemical Energetics
- Chemical Equilibrium
- Organic Compounds Containing Oxygen
- Surface Chemistry, Chemical Kinetics and Catalysis
- Some Basic Principles of Organic Chemistry
- Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen
- Chemical Thermodynamics
- Chemistry in Everyday Life
Syllabus for Mathematics
- Matrices and Determinants
- Sets, Relations and Functions
- Complex Numbers
- Quadratic Equations
- Applications of Matrices and Determinants
- Permutations and Combinations
- Sequences and Series
- Differential Calculus
- Mathematical Induction and its Applications
- Applications of Differential Calculus
- Differential Equations
- Integral Calculus
- Circles in Two Dimensions
- Vector Algebra
- Binomial Theorem and its Applications
- Measures of Central Tendency and Dispersion
- Straight Lines in Two Dimensions
- Conic Sections in Two Dimensions
Syllabus for Biology
- Botany and Human Welfare
- Transpiration and Respiration
- Internal Structure of Dicot and Monocot Leaves Photosynthesis
- Anatomy and Physiology of Plants
- Plant Growth and Development
- Internal and External Regulators of Growth and Development in Plants
- Internal Structure of Stem and Secondary Growth
- Xylem and Phloem
- Their Cell Elements and Functions
- History, Importance
- Factors and Mechanism
- Internal Structure of Dicot and Monocot Roots
- Absorption and Cell Water Relations
- Transport of Water and Minerals
- Tropic and Tugor Movements.
- Reproductive System
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Developmental Biology
- Genetics and Evolution
- Diversity of Animal Life.
Recommended Books for SRMJEE 2018
A good book can assist students to get a solid understanding of any subject. You must have a good base of the subject matter in order to pass the SRMJEE 2018 exam. Some of the good books for SRMJEE 2018 are mentioned below.
Maths Books for SRMJEE
|Trigonometry, Geometry Books||S.L. Loney.|
|Problems in Calculus||I.A. Maron.|
Physics Books for SRMJEE
|The concept of Physics Part 1. & The concept of Physics Part 2.||HC Verma.|
|Understanding Physics Series||D. C Pandey. |
Biology Books for SRMJEE
|S Chand Biology for Class 12||Sarita Aggarwal.|
|Pradeep :A text for Biology for Class 12||H.N. Srivastava, P.S. Dhami, G. Chopra.|
Chemistry Books for SRMJEE
|Organic Chemistry||Morrison Boyd.|
|A modern approach to chemical calculations||R.C. Mukherjee.|
Important Exam Day Instructions
- All applicants are recommended not to bring any type of electronic items such as mobile phones, laptops, iPad inside the examination hall.
- SRMJEEE exams will be conducted online so each candidate will allocated a computer system to give the entrance test.
- Candidates can bring only pen or pencil in the exam hall.
- All applicants must have to carry SRMJEEE 2018 admit card.
- Candidates will be given a sheet for rough work