SRMJEEE 2018 is conducted by the SRM University for admission to their engineering program. Admission is granted to qualifying students at the four university campuses at Kattankulathur, Ramapuram, Ramapuram Part-Vadapalani and NCR Ghaziabad.
- Candidates need to fulfill SRMJEEE Eligibility 2018 to seek admission to SRM University through SRMJEEE 2018.
- The minimum qualification needed for students is to clear class XII with science.
- Candidates who are the top rank holders of their respective state or central board exams can seek direct admission to SRM University by applying directly.
- Candidates can fill SRMJEEE 2018 Application Form online from the official SRM University website.
- The tentative last date for applying online is 3rd week of March, 2018.
- The application will be valid only after the candidate fills in all details correctly and pays the application fee.
- SRM allows candidates to book their preferred exam slot.
- SRM University provides SMS facility to candidates for their SRMJEEE Result 2018.
- Candidates must fill in their mobile number correctly so that their result for SRMJEEE 2018 can be sent to the correct mobile number.
From the year 2017, SRM University provides candidates the opportunity to take SRMJEEE twice. The number of exam centers has been decreased from 150 to 118. Also, the exam is being held at 5 international exam centers from 2017.
SRMJEEE 2018 Highlights
|Exam||SRMJEEE (SRM Joint Engineering Entrance Exam)|
|SRMJEEE 2018 Conducting Body||Sri Ramaswami Memorial University, Chennai|
|Mode of SRMJEEE 2018 Application||Online|
|Mode of SRMJEEE 2018 Exam||Online|
|Medium of SRMJEEE 2018 Exam||English|
|Duration of SRMJEEE 2018 Exam||2 hours 30 minutes|
|Number of Seats||7000|
|Number of Applications in 2017||2 lakhs approximately|
SRMJEEE 2018 Exam Dates
SRM University, the conducting body for SRMJEEE decides on the dates for SRMJEEE 2018 (UG). SRMJEEE exam is scheduled in different slots at different test centers. Here is the list of important events for SRMJEEE 2018:
|SRMJEEE Online Applications will be available from||November 2017|
|Last date to submit the SRMJEEE Applications||March 2018|
|SRMJEEE Slot Booking begins from||3rd week of March, 2018|
|SRMJEEE Admit Card can be downloaded from||3rd Week of March, 2018|
|SRMJEEE Exam is scheduled from||Month of April, 2018|
|SRMJEEE Counseling on SRM University campus||2nd Week of May, 2018|
Candidates must note that these are tentative dates only. SRM University reserves the right to change and update these dates at any time. Follow the official SRM University website for more details and updates on SRMJEEE 2018.
SRMJEEE 2018 Eligibility
SRM University follows certain eligibility guidelines for SRMJEEE. Candidates must adhere to these guidelines to seek admission in to the various programs of SRM University. Here is an overview of the general information that holds true for SRMJEEE Eligibility 2018:
- A candidate will be eligible for Kattankulathur campus for B. Tech course if he/she has passed 10+2 examinations or its equivalent with 60% aggregate.
- For all programs, candidates must qualify with a minimum of 65% aggregate in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry in their 10+2 exam.
- For Biotechnology, Biomedical Engineering, Bioinformatics and Genetic Engineering, candidate must qualify with 65% aggregate in Mathematics/Biology, Physics and Chemistry in their 10+2 exam.
- A candidate will be eligible for the three other campuses of SRM University in Haryana for B. Tech if he/she has passed 10+2 examinations or its equivalent.
- For Biotechnology, Biomedical Engineering, Bioinformatics and Genetic Engineering, candidate must qualify with 60% aggregate in Mathematics/Biology, Physics and Chemistry.
- Candidates have to attempt Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics in the SRMJEEE 2018 to be eligible for all the B. Tech degree programs.
- Candidates will have to attempt Physics, Chemistry and Biology in SRMJEEE 2018 to be eligible for B. Tech, Biotechnology, Biomedical Engineering, Bioinformatics, Genetic Engineering and various other programs in Health Sciences.
Candidates must submit all the required documents to get his/her admission. Those who will not submit the correct required documents within the time frame announced SRM University will have their admission application cancelled by default.
SRMJEEE 2018 Application Form
The only way candidates can apply for SRMJEEE 2018 is via online mode. Candidates can follow these important facts and keep themselves updated with during the course of the application process:
- SRMJEEE 2018 Application Form filling procedure will include registration, filling of online application form, uploading images of the candidate, his/her signature and his/her documents of qualifying exams and the payment of application fee.
- SRMJEEE 2018 Application Form will be available for International and NRI candidates along with candidates of Indian nationality living in India.
- Candidates must take a printout of the application form and retain the printout till the completion of all the procedures of the admission process.
The steps to fill the online SRMJEEE 2018 Application Form are as follows:
Step 1: Fill SRMJEEE 2018 Application Form Online
- Candidates have to fill a common application form for all the SRM Campuses.
- Candidates need to visit the official website of the SRM University and click on 'Apply for B.Tech' link on the official website www.srmuniv.ac.in.
- Candidates then have to enter their personal details and click on register. They will then receive a registration number and password.
- Candidates have to login again with this registration number and password and fill the application form.
- Candidates now have to enter their personal as well as academic details in the form to complete the registration process.
- Finally, the candidate has to click on submit button so submit their application.
Step 2: Upload Documents
- Candidates have to upload the following documents in the specified dimensions for their application to be deemed valid:
- Candidate's photograph
- Candidate's signature
- Candidate's marksheets from class 10 and 12
- Candidates must refer to the official SRM University website for the required dimensions of the documents.
Step 3: Make SRMJEEE 2018 Online Payment
- The Application fee for SRMJEEE 2018 is INR 1060.
- Candidates must note that this is a non-refundable fee irrespective of the status of their application.
- Candidates can only pay via online mode.
- They can use net banking, credit card or debit card via a one-stop payment gateway to pay this application fee.
SRMJEEE 2018 Admit Card
SRMJEEE 2018 Admit Card will only be issued to the candidates whose applications will be received by SRM University on or before the last date of the application form submission as specified by the exam conducting body. SRMJEEE 2018 admit cards will be available online at the official website www.srmuniv.ac.in only. Admit cards will not be dispatched by post or any other offline mode. Admit cards will be available online from 3rd Week of March, 2018 (tentative date).
Candidates must note these important points pertaining to the SRMJEEE 2018 admit card:
- SRMJEEE 2018 Admit Card will have essential information like the candidate's name, photograph, address of communication, exam center chosen by candidate and the date and slot of exam chosen by the candidate.
- Candidates must take a print out of the admit card and carry it to the examination hall.
- Candidates will need the admit card at every step of the admission process so he/she must take multiple copies of the admit card and keep them safely.
- Candidates will not be allowed to enter the exam center or sit for the exam if he/she fails to carry the admit card along with him/her.
- Candidate must not tamper with the information on the admit card. If any discrepancies are found, candidate must contact the concerned examination authority immediately after downloading the admit card.
- SRMJEEE 2018 admit card is non-transferable. If anybody is found impersonating candidate, both candidate and the impersonator will be liable for strict legal action.
- SRMJEEE 2018 admit cards will only be available for those candidates who send their applications within the designated time period and has paid the correct application fee via online mode.
SRMJEEE 2018 Exam Centers
SRMJEEE 2018 will be conducted in 116 centers across India. From 2017, six international exam centers have been included to make it easier for NRIs to appear for the SRMJEEE. These are:
Candidates will have the option to choose their preferred exam center location while filling up the online application form. Candidates must note that while SRM University will try their best to allocate a candidate their preferred exam center, the university cannot guarantee the same. Candidates must note the exam center mentioned in their admit card very carefully.
SRMJEEE 2018 Exam Pattern
- SRMJEEE 2018 will be conducted in online mode only in English language.
- Candidates can choose their exam center and exam slot according to their preference.
- The paper will have 105 Multiple Choice Questions.
- The total time for the exam is 2 hours and 30 minutes.
- Questions will be based on Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics or Biology depending on candidate's choice of subjects.
- Candidates must note that for subjects like Biotechnology, Biomedical Engineering, Bioinformatics and Genetic Engineering, they will be accountable for the questions pertaining to Biology.
- Approximately 35 questions will be asked from Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics sections each.
- More weightage is given to the Biology section with 50 questions from there.
- For every correct answer, candidate gets 1 mark.
- Negative marking will not be applicable in SRMJEEE 2018.
- Candidates must follow SRMJEEE 2018 Exam Pattern Highlights in the table given below for a clearer picture of the exam:
|Duration||2 hours 30 minutes|
|Type of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions|
|Total number of questions||105|
|Marking Scheme||1 mark for every correct answer|
|Negative marking||Not applicable in SRMJEEE 2018|
|Sections||Physics – 35 questions|
|Chemistry – 35 questions|
|Mathematics – 35 questions or Biology – 50 questions|
SRMJEEE 2018 Syllabus
- SRMJEEE 2018 will have questions from Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics.
- The paper will be divided into three sections – Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics or Biology.
- Candidates must note that while the Physics and Chemistry sections of the paper are compulsory, they can choose if they want to attempt the Mathematics or Biology section.
- For admission to courses like Biotechnology, Biomedical Engineering, Bioinformatics and Genetic Engineering, candidates must attempt the Biology section and their score in this section only will be considered.
- Questions will be based on the four subjects – Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics – from their knowledge of the same in their 10+2 level (qualifying exam).
SRMJEEE 2018 Result
SRMJEE 2018 Results will be declared online on the official website of the SRM University. Candidates will be updated with their ranks via SMS on the registered mobile numbers which they have entered in their application form. SRM University offers admissions for 7,000 B. Tech seats to their three campuses. Candidates must follow these steps to get their results from the official SRM University website:
- Candidate will have to first log in to the official website of the SRM University.
- Candidates will then have to enter their SRMJEEE 2018 application number or registration number or the admit card number.
- Candidates will be able to check their All India Rank after entering the particulars asked for on the official website of the SRM University and get their results.
Candidates must note their rank correctly and take a print out of the score card for future references. The rank given to the candidate in SRMJEEE 2018 Resultdeclaration will be considered final for candidate in the counselling and all future processes for admission to SRM University for their B. Tech courses.
SRMJEEE 2018 Merit List
After the declaration of the SRMJEEE 2018 results, a merit list will be prepared on the basis of the total marks secured in the exam by all candidates and the number of candidates who have appeared for the exam. The ranking will be given to the candidates for the counseling process only.
SRMJEEE 2018 Cut Off
- SRMJEEE 2018 Cut off will be released along with the results of SRMJEEE 2018.
- It is going to be declared in form of a score card.
- Candidates can download it from official website of the SRM University www.srmuniv.ac.in.
- The following table gives a marks range corresponding to the rank range from the previous years' score cards:
|Above 250||Below 2000|
|230 – 250||2000 – 5000|
|200 – 229||5001 – 9000|
|170 – 199||9001 – 13000|
|150 – 169||13001 – 15000|
|130 – 149||1500-1 – 17000|
|Less than 130||Above 17000|
SRMJEEE 2018 Scholarships Offered
SRM University offers scholarships to meritorious candidates on the basis of his/her marks in class 12 and state domicile. Candidates must note the following rules that are applicable to scholarships:
Haryana Domicile’s scholarships – As per Haryana Private Universities act 2006, 25% of total seats will be reserved for candidates belonging to Haryana. It will be given on the basis of candidate’s rank in National level entrance examination such as SRMHJEEEE, SRMHCMAT or SRMHCLAT 2018.
Chancellor’s scholarships – Academically meritorious candidates are eligible for the Chancellor’s scholarship provided by the SRM University. Candidates must secure a good rank in national level entrance exams of the SRM University such as SRMHJEEEE, SRMHCMAT or SRMHCLAT 2018. The scholarship is offered in the following marks brackets:
- 100% scholarships in tuition fees are offered to students scoring 95% - 100% in class 12.
- 50% scholarships in tuition fees are offered to students scoring 90%-94% in class 12.
- 25% scholarships in tuition fees are offered to students scoring 85%-89% in class 12.
SRMJEEE 2018 Counselling
After the declaration of results, SRM University will declare the schedule and venues for SRMJEEE Counselling. Candidates must make a note of the following information that holds true for the counseling process:
Reporting as per rank – Candidates will be called to report for the counseling process at the center allocated to them according to their rank in SRMJEEE 2018. There might be two rounds of counseling for the 7000 seats. After the completion of the first round, a second round will take place only if there are vacant seats.
Document verification – After candidate reports at the counselling center allocated to him/her, he/she will have to get his/her documents verified. Candidates will have to carry his/her documents along with him/her whenever called for and must produce correct and valid documents only. Candidates will require the following documents during the counselling process:
- SRMJEEE 2018 Rank Card
- SRMJEEE 2018 Admit Card
- Counseling Call Letter
- Marks sheet of class X
- Marks sheet of class XII
- Category certificate (if applicable)
- Demand draft for fee payment
Allotment of seat – Candidates will be allocated seats only after his/her documents are verified with the payment of INR 1,00,000.
Candidates must note that their allocated seat will be given to the next deserving candidate if he/she fails to product the documents or correct amount of admission fees. Candidates must also note that a call to the counselling process does not guarantee them a seat for the B. Tech course at the SRM University.