Lal Bahadur Shastri Institute of Management, New Delhi offers Post Graduate Diploma in Management programs (PGDM) in 4 specializations and the total seat intake in management programs is 360. Candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of their CAT scores. Shortlisted examinees will have to qualify group discussion round and personal interview conducted by the institute.
- CAT Exam is scheduled to be conducted on November 26, 2017.
- The result will be announced in the month of January 2018 at www.iimcat.ac.in.
- Expected CAT cutoff for admission to PGDM courses ranges between 87-90 percentile.
- Selection process of LBSIM will include Group Discussion round (GD) and Personal Interview (PI).
- The weightage of CAT scores will be 60% during the selection process.
- 40% weightage will be given to GD, extempore & PI, past academic performance, written analysis test and work experience.
LBSIM offers admission to the following courses through CAT 2017.
LBSIM has been ranked 37 by “The Week” in the 2016 ranking and 27 by the “Outlook”. Following are the various PGDM courses offered by the institute.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management (General) - Full Time
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management (Finance) - Full Time
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management - Part Time
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management (Executives) - Full Time
LBSIM PGDM Admission 2017 Important Dates
Candidates are advised to stay updated about CAT Exam Date and the table mentioned below highlights the important dates.
|LBSIM Application Form will be available from||August 9, 2017|
|Common Admission Test (CAT) will be conducted on||November 26, 2017|
|Program Commences||June 2018|
|Orientation Program||June 2018|
LBSIM Selection Process 2017
The institute accepts valid CAT scores as an entry eligibility for admission for the upcoming academic session.LBISM admission process takes place in the 3 steps mentioned in the image below:
- Candidates with CAT scores above the LBSIM cutoff will undergo through levels of CAT Selection process.
- Post the Successful LBSIM application submission, candidates will be called for group discussion followed by the personal interview.
- Based on the candidates’ performance in CAT 2017, a final merit list will be prepared and the candidates will be shortlisted as per their position in the LBSIM merit list and vacancy available.
LBSIM Group Discussion & Personal Interview
Candidates short-listed on the basis of CAT Score will be called for Group Discussion (GD), written analysis test and Personal Interview (PI) for the final selection.
- The selection rounds will be conducted at one of the following places, as selected by the candidates at the time of applying for LBSIM registration: Delhi, Chandigarh, Mumbai, Hyderabad, Bengaluru, Chennai, Thiruvananthapuram, Bhubaneswar, Kolkata, Guwahati, Patna and Indore
- The weightage for final selection will be 60% for CAT score and 40% for group discussion, personal interview, past academic performance, written analysis test and work experience.
- The average duration of the group discussion round will be 12 minutes.
- GD questions will comprise questions related to religion, marketing, social issues and GK.
- There will be 4 panellists in GD round and 12 aspirants will participate.
- Post qualifying the GD, candidates will be further shortlisted for PI round.
- Result of the selected candidates shall also be displayed on the institute's notice board and official website i.e. www.lbsim.ac.in
LBSIM Application Process 2017
LBISM Application forms are available in online as well as offline mode. For offline process, candidates are required to register at LBSIM, Delhi through a separate application form which will be available along with the information brochure from Admission Coordinator, LBSIM, Delhi
- The information brochure and application form for the program, giving detailed information, is available on all working days.
- The form will be available between 09.30 am to 05.30 pm at LBSIM Dwarka Campus, on payment of INR 1250 in cash or by DD (Add INR 75 for sending information brochure by post in India and INR 200 for abroad)
- The form should be drawn in favour of 'Lal Bahadur Shastri Institute of Management' Delhi, payable at New Delhi.
- Application form can also be filled online with the provision of online payment.
- Candidates must register themselves first for online form submission.
- Applicants will be asked to fill all the personal details, academic qualifications, CAT score and work experience in the application form.
- The downloaded application form must be submitted along with a DD of INR 1325 (INR 1450 for candidates residing abroad) in favour of "Lal Bahadur Shastri Institute of Management" Delhi, payable at New Delhi.
LBSIM Seat Matrix
The total seat intake in LBSIM for different management courses through CAT exam: