The window for CAT 2017 Registration was made open on August 9, 2017. Candidates can last fill CAT Application Form till September 20, 2017 (5:00 pm). Before proceeding to finalize the registration and application process, the candidates will be required to keep ready the necessary documents and other information items as required by CAT Exam Centers.
- CAT is organized by 19 IIMs and necessary documents are required for the admission in the IIMs.
- Candidates are required to collect all the necessary documents immediately after the declaration of CAT Result. Below is the list of the necessary documents which is very important for the CAT exam.
During the application process, you need to upload certain documents. Without uploading these documents you will not be able to submit the application form. The list of the documents and their specifications are given below:
|Required Documents||Dimension and Type of File|
- Dimension – 35mm X 45mm
- File Format - .jpg or .jpeg
- File Size - <= 80Kb
- Dimension – 80mm X 35mm
- File Format - .jpg or .jpeg
- File Size - <= 80Kb
- Scanned as pdf document
- Scanned as pdf document
- Candidates must have a valid and unique email address for CAT 2017. All correspondence until CAT 2017 is over and during the selection, the stage will be communicated using this email address.
- Class 12 certificate will be required to fill up your Name. It should be exactly same as in 12th Diploma/Degree else you need proof of name change. Applicants need to enter your changed name and will also have to produce supporting documents for change of name at the time of examination, interview and admission.
- Keep your Date of Birth document ready as the DOB should be exactly same as mentioned in the applicant’s documents like Birth certificate, Class 10 certificate, PAN Card, or any other valid document which they need to keep ready for verification.
- For filling up the education details, the applicant must keep ready with them the mark-sheets for class 10, 12, bachelor’s degree final year, professional exam, master’s degree. If you are in the final year of bachelor’s degree, you have to give aggregate percentage up to the last marks statement received from the University.
- If you belong to SC/ST category and have a certificate also, please check that it has the following information in it before uploading it during the CAT 2017 registration process. Please also ensure that the certificate should have been issued by competent authority.
- The name of the caste and caste number should appear in the certificate
- The Ministry's resolution/order number should be available
- The certificate should be in Hindi or English only
- If you belong to NC-OBC; PWD/DA category you must have relevant certificate as per Government of India norms.
- In case you have no certificate or different certificate, you can download it from CAT 2017 website, fill up the relevant information and get it signed by the appropriate authority.
- Work experience certificate is needed to complete the details in Work experience column of CAT 2017 registration form. You will be required to enter your experience in completed months until 31st July 2017.
- Work experience refers to any paid and fulltime work done post completing your Bachelor’s degree. Accordingly, you need to check in the CAT 2017 registration form, all the Working Areas applicable to you, with Work Experience in months for each area.
NOTE: The format of the caste and disability certificate is available on the official CAT website. You can download the certificate, fill the details and get it attested by the concerned authority. In case you already have the said certificates, make sure that they are in the same format as mentioned on the CAT 2017 official website.
Documents Required at Various Steps of Admission
The documents required at various steps of Admission and CAT Application Process are indicated below. It is mandatory for candidates to produce these documents as and when required or else their candidature is liable to be disqualified.
CAT 2017: Photo and Signature Specifications
CAT Photo Specifications
Candidates applying for CAT 2017 must take care of CAT Photo details, photo size, etc. while attaching their photograph with CAT Application Form. Here is the list of important pointers:
1. Photograph of the applicant must be a recent passport size color picture.
2. The picture should be in color, against a light-colored, preferably white, background Look straight at the camera with a relaxed face.
3. If the picture is taken on a sunny day, have the sun behind you, or place yourself in the shade, so that you are not squinting and there are no harsh shadows.
4. If you have to use flash, ensure there's no "red-eye".
5. If you wear glasses make sure that there are no reflections and your eyes can be clearly seen.
6. Caps, hats and dark glasses are not acceptable. Religious headwear is allowed but it must not cover your face. Dimensions 200 x 230 pixels (preferred).
7. Size of file should be between 20kb-50kb.
8. Ensure that the size of the scanned image is not more than 50KB. If the size of the file is more than 50KB, then adjust the settings of the scanner such as the DPI resolution, no. of color’s etc., during the process of scanning.
- CAT Photo Dimensions: 200 x 230 pixels
- CAT Photo Size: 20kb – 50kb
- CAT Photograph Background: White
CAT Signature Specifications
Along with the photo, candidates are also required to attach scanned images of signature and right-hand index finger impression. The essential specifications are listed below:
1. The applicant has to sign on white paper with Black Ink pen.
2. The signature must be signed only by the applicant and not by any other person.
3. The Signature will be used to put on the attendance sheet and wherever necessary.
4. The Applicant’s signature obtained on the call letter and attendance sheet at the time of the examination should match the uploaded signature. In case of mismatch, the candidate may be disqualified.
5. Dimensions 140 x 60 pixels (preferred).
6. Size of file should be between 10kb —20kb.
7. Ensure that the size of the scanned image is not more than 20KB.
- CAT Signature Dimensions: 200 x 230 pixels
- CAT Signature Size: 10Kb - 20Kb
- Image Format: JPG only
- Signature Background: White
- Signature Style: The Signature should be done with a running hand
Do’s and Don’ts for CAT Photograph & Signature
- Sign across the photograph in front of invigilator ONLY.
- Candidates must bring additional copies of passport size photographs, clearly depicting the image with proper color’s.
- The Photograph should not have cap or goggles. Spectacles are allowed if being used regularly.
- Applications without clear photographs are liable to be rejected.
- For Signature, candidates have to upload their signature in the appropriate box given in the online application form in running handwriting. Writing full name in the box in capital letters will NOT be accepted as the signature. Doing so can lead to cancellation of the application form.
Note: At CAT Exam Center, the Center Superintendent will collect candidate’s Post Card size (4”x6”)
photograph affixed on Performa.
Scanning the Photograph and Signature for CAT
- Set the scanner resolution to a minimum of 200 dpi (dots per inch). Set Color to True Color.
- File Size as specified above.
- Crop the image in the scanner to the edge of the photograph/signature, then use the upload editor to crop the image to the final size (as specified above).
- The image file should be JPG or JPEG format. An example file name is: image01.jpg or image01.jpeg.
- Image dimensions can be checked by listing the folder files or moving the mouse over the file image icon. Candidates using MS Windows/MS Office can easily obtain photo and signature in.jpeg format not exceeding 50KB & 20KB respectively by using MS Paint or MS Office Picture Manager. Scanned photograph and signature in any format can be saved in.jpg format by using 'Save As' option in the File menu and size can be reduced below 50KB (photograph) & 20KB (signature) by using crop and then resize option [Please see point “C‟ above for the pixel size] in the 'Image' menu. Similar options are available in other photo editors also.
- If the file size and format are not as prescribed, an error message will be displayed.
- While filling in the Online Application Form the candidate will be provided with a link to upload their photograph and signature.
Procedure for Uploading the Photograph and Signature
1. There will be two separate links for uploading Photograph and Signature.
2. Click on the respective link "Upload Photograph / Signature".
3. Browse & Select the location where the Scanned Photo/ Signature file has been saved.
4. Select the file by clicking on it.
5. Click the 'Upload' button
How to Compress Images
The images which are to be uploaded in the application form should be of a definite file size and dimension. By following the process given below, you can easily convert any image file into the desired dimension and file size.
- Select the image file and right click.
- Click on “Open With” and select Paint.
- The image will open in Paint window.
- Click on the “File” menu in the top left-hand corner of the window.
- Select “Properties”.
- A small box will open where you can specify/change the width and height of the image. For Photograph it will be 35mmX45mm and for Signature, it will be 80mmX35mm.
- Click “OK” and save the image.