IRMA 2017 Test is conducted for admission to PGDRM (Post Graduate Diploma in Rural Management) and FPRM (Fellow Programme in Rural Management). All the applicants must have qualified in CAT 2016 or XAT 2017. In case of Foreign Nationals / PIOs/ Children of Indian Workers in Gulf Countries and Sons & Daughters of Non Resident Indian(s), candidates must have qualified in GRE/GMAT (After Jan. 2012)/CAT 2016/XAT 2017. The test on “Issues of Social Concerns” is scheduled for February 12, 2017.
Candidates must also fulfil other eligibility criteria specified by the admission authorities before they apply for IRMA 2017. The failure to fulfil any eligibility could lead to debarment of candidates at any stage of the selection process.
TheIRMA (Institute of Rural Management Anand) was established by in 1979. It is one of the leading institution in rural management education and research in India. It is committed to pursuing excellence along with creativity and integrity. IRMA is focused on providing 3 academic programmes, which are:
- Post Graduate Programme in Rural Management
- Fellow Programme in Rural Management
- Certificate in Rural Management
Eligibility for Post Graduate Programme in Rural Management
The PGDRM (Post Graduate Programme in Rural Management) is a two-year fully residential programme. The eligibility for PGDRM course is mentioned below
- Candidate should be a graduate in any discipline with a minimum of (10+2+3) of education.
- Candidate should have an aggregate score of 45% in Graduation in any respective field.
- Candidates belonging to ST/SC/DAP should have an aggregate score of 45% in Graduation in any respective field.
- If the marks are given in pointers percentage of aggregate marks is to be calculated as per the practice followed by the university.
- In case the university does not have any scheme for converting CGPA into equivalent marks, the equivalence would be established by IRMA by dividing obtained CGPA with the maximum possible CGPA and multiplying the resultant with 100.
Eligibility for Fellow Programme in Rural Management
The FPRM is a doctoral programme meant for students and professionals seeking careers in Research and teaching in Rural Management Institutions. The duration of the course is minimum 3 years and maximum 7 years. Candidates can check the eligibility criteria for FPRM Programme mentioned below:
Candidate should satisfy one of the following conditions to enter the program:
- PGDRM from IRMA / PGDRDM from IRMA with one year post-diploma work experience / Post Graduation from any recognized University in any field with a minimum of 50% marks during Graduation and minimum of 55% marks in Post-Graduation / Any professional five year degree with 60% minimum marks and at least one year of work experience / Four year professional degree with 60% minimum marks and at least three years of work experience / Applicants having valid score of UGC JRF in relevant disciplines can directly apply for the course.
- For all the above mentioned criteria for percentage, SC/ST/OBC/ DAP get 5% relaxation on the minimum percentage.
- If a candidate does not hold a Post Graduate degree but is highly professional with proven competence whose experience can measure up to a PG degree might also be considered for admission in the program by the FPRM Executive Committee, keeping in consideration the quality of the published and unpublished work and professional contributions.
- Candidates with PGDRM qualification from IRMA and candidates with valid score of UGC JRF in relevant disciplines are exempted from online admissions test and will be directly called for interview.
Eligibility for Certificate in Rural Management
CRM is a Certificate course in Rural Management and the certificate holders have an option of rejoining within three years and completing the second year of the programme to obtain a PGDRM. The eligibility criteria for Certificate in Rural Management Programme is discussed below:
- Candidates should have a bachelor's degree from a recognized University in any discipline.
- If the candidate is sponsored by a company or organization then they should have worked with them for a minimum period of 2 years as a regular full time employee.
- The sponsoring organization should be willing to grant required leave for coursework to the candidate.
- The payment of fees and other dues should be taken care or willingly approved by the sponsoring organization.
- Candidate has to qualify the stipulated cut off marks decided by IRMA.
- Candidate have to appear and clear the written test, group activity and personal interview.
- If the candidate wishes to rejoin within 3 year to complete the course and obtain PGDRM, they must work with the same organization who sponsored them and need to submit a 'No objection Certificate' provided by them.