Admission into medical and dental colleges for MBBS and BDS will be done on the basis of marks scored by the candidates in the national level entrance exam and the cutoff set by individual colleges. The expected release date of the result for NEET 2018 will be in June 2018. Check released notification for NEET. It will be declared by CBSE in the form of a score card after which a merit list of the qualified candidates will be released. Candidates can access it on the official website by logging into their NEET account. The result stands valid for admission into MBBS/BDS course in all central/state/deemed universities except AIIMS and JIPMER which conduct their own exams. Check counselling date of NEET.
NEET Result Highlights
|Result Declaration||June 2018|
|Counselling Begins||July 2018|
|Result Availability Mode||Online|
How to check the Result?
- Under the ‘Online Services’ section, click on NEET (UG) Result.
- A new tab will open where candidates shall have to enter their roll number and Date of Birth.
- Click on submit once you’ve verified your credentials.
- Your Result will be displayed on the screen. Download and take multiple printouts for future use.
Details on the score card
These are the details printed on the score card. Candidates are advised to verify them.
- NEET Roll Number
- NEET Application Number
- Candidate’s Name
- Date of Birth
- Mother’s Name
- Father’s Name
- Section wise marks obtained in Physics, Chemistry and Biology
- Total Marks
- Percentile Score
- All India Rank
- All India Quota Rank and State Quota Rank
- Qualifying Status
- NEET 2018 Cutoff
How to calculate Rank and Score?
NEET Answer Key will be released by CBSE so candidates can easily calculate their overall score.
Correct Answer: +4
Incorrect Answer: -1
NEET Score= (No. of correct answers X 4) – (No. of incorrect answers X 1)
The qualifying marks will vary according to the category
|Category||Qualifying Marks||Qualifying Percentile|
|General- Physically Handicapped||324||45%|
|SC/ST/OBC- Physically Handicapped||288||45%|
Rechecking/Re-evaluation of OMR sheets
The OMR sheets are checked with extreme care. No re-checking or re-evaluation will be done and queries/requests for the same will not be entertained.
A Merit List will be released by CBSE after the declaration of NEET 2018 Results. This list is only for candidates who have opted for 15% All India Quota Seats in their Application form. For the rest of the candidates, counselling will be conducted on the basis of their All India Ranks.
For two or more candidates securing the same marks in the entrance exam, the inter-se merit will be decided on the following basis, in order of preference.
- Candidates obtaining higher marks in Biology.
- Candidates obtaining higher marks in Chemistry.
- Candidates with lesser number of wrong answers in all the subjects.
- Candidates older in age.
NEET Result FAQs
Ques. How will the three (3) attempts of NEET be calculated? Should it be consecutive or not?
Ans. No. Information regarding the ways to calculate NEET attempts is not listed in the information brochure. The attempts will be calculated from 2018 onwards. For example, if a candidate has appeared in NEET 2018, they will be eligible for two more attempts provided they have not crossed the upper age limit.
Ques. How the merit list will be prepared for 15% All India Quota seats?
Ans. Based on All India Rank and the reservation roster provided by DGHS, merit list for All India quota will be prepared.
Ques. How to calculate NEET Score and Rank?
NEET Percentile Based on Highest Marks
Evaluation of percentile on the basis of marks can easily be done. We are providing you Percentile formula which based on marks scored by the contenders.
The formulae for calculating Percentile on the basis of Marks:
Individual Score X 100 / Marks obtained by top scorer
Percentile based on rank
Evaluation of percentile on the basis of rank is somewhat difficult in comparison to the first one. Have a look at the Percentile formula which is based on rank, gained by the aspirants.
The formulae for calculating Percentile on the basis of Rank:
Total appearing candidates – Rank secured/ Total appearing candidates’ X 100.
Ques. How will the Tie-breaking problem be dissolved?
Ans. In case candidates score equal marks in the NEET examination, tie-breaking method will be considered.
- The candidate who obtains a higher mark in Biology as per the result of NEET 2018 will be given a better rank.
- If Biology marks are equal, candidates securing higher marks in Chemistry as per the NEET result 2018 will be given a higher rank in NEET 2018.
- If both Biology and Chemistry marks as per NEET result are equal, then the candidate who has attempted less number of wrong questions in all subjects of NEET 2018 will be given better rank.
- If all of the above criteria are unable to prove effective in breaking tie in NEET 2018 result, then the candidate older in age will be given preference for NEET admissions.
Ques. Who will conduct Counselling after NEET 2018?
- For 15% All India Quota seats, counseling will be conducted by the DGHS.
- For seats under the control of States/Universities/Institutions, their respective authorities will conduct the counseling.
Ques. What is the reservation criteria for 15% all India quota seats?
Ans. In 15% all India quota seats, 15% seats are reserved for SC candidates, 7.5% for ST and 27% for OBC category candidates.
Ques. What is the procedure of online seat allotment?
Ans. The process steps are given here -
- Main Counselling Registration.
- Exercising of Choices, indicative seats and Locking of choices.
- Process of Seat Allotment – Round 1.
- Round 1 Result Publication.
- Reporting at the allotted Medical/Dental College against 1st Round.
- Publication of net vacant seats.
- Fresh Choice Submission by eligible candidates for Round 2.
- Process of Seat Allotment – Round 2.
- Round 2 Result Publication.
- Reporting at the Medical / Dental Colleges /Institutions against Round 2.
- END of 15 % All India Counselling and reverting of Non Joined, Not allotted seats to state quota.
Ques. Will there be negative marking in NEET 2018?
Ans. Yes. Each correct answer will get 04 marks and for each incorrect response, 01 marks will be deducted from the total score.
Ques. How long the result of NEET 2018 is valid?
Ans. The result of successful candidates of NEET 2018 is valid for the academic session 2018-19 only.
Ques. Can one see images of OMR sheets and Responses on website?
Ans. The images of OMR Sheet and Responses captured by the machine will be displayed on the website cbseneet.nic.in. For exact date of hosting, candidates may remain in touch with website.
Ques. Is there any provision to challenge the response(s) against the OMR grading?
- Candidates will be given an opportunity to submit representation against the OMR grading on payment of Rs.1000/- per response challenged.
- Rs.1000/- per response will be refunded to candidate if his/her challenge is accepted by the Board.
Ques. How much marks should we obtain to qualify in NEET exam?
Ans. Here we are giving the qualifying marks for NEET 2018 examination:
|Category||Qualifying Marks (Out of 720)|
|General (UR) – PH||324|
|OBC/SC/ST – PH||288|