NEET 2018 RESERVATION
NATIONAL LEVEL OFFLINE TEST
NEET 2018 will be conducted by CBSE on May 10, 2018. This national level entrance exam is the key to getting into several medical and dental colleges spread across the country. NEET has its own reservation policy where some seats are reserved for certain categories. There is also an All India Quota where 15% of the seats will be filled through central counselling conducted by MCC while the remaining 85% of the seats will be filled through state counselling for which candidates will have to contact their respective state counselling authorities.
Once the result for NEET has been declared, a merit list for All India Quota (AIQ) will be released. All central, state and private colleges/universities will participate in All India Quota counselling through which 15% of the total seats will be filled via 2 rounds of centralized counselling conducted by MCC. The students will have to register themselves for NEET counselling on the official website of MCC for the same. J&K, Andhra Pradesh and Telangana shall not participate in All India Quota Counselling.
NEET Counselling for admission in 85% state seats will be conducted by the respective state counselling authorities. Candidates can check out the process and dates of NEET State-wise Counselling.
|Arunachal Pradesh State Counselling||Click Here|
|Mizoram State Counselling||Click Here|
|Assam State Counselling||Click Here|
|Chhattisgarh Counselling||Click Here|
|Himachal Pradesh||Click Here|
|Jammu & Kashmir||Click Here|
|Tamil Nadu||Click Here|
Under the All India Quota, there is reservation of seats in medical colleges as well as dental colleges for SC, ST, OBC and Physically Handicapped candidates.
|Category||Seats Reserved (Percentage)|
|OBC (Non creamy layer)||27%|
Note: No seats shall be reserved for candidates from OBC-Creamy layer.
Reservation for Physically Handicapped Candidates under AIQ
3% of the seats under AIQ are reserved for Physically Handicapped Candidates and will be available only to students with locomotor disabilities of lower limbs between 50%-70%. If these seats remain vacant, they will be made available to candidates with locomotor disabilities of lower limbs between 40%-50%.
For admission under the Physically Handicapped category, candidates are required to produce a disability certificate issued from any of the following institutions, at the time of admission:
Under the state quota, 85% of the seats are filled through state counselling conducted separately by each state/Union Territory. Candidates must contact their respective state counselling authority to know the dates and procedure for the same. A merit list will be released by the state based on candidates’ All India Rank.
Admission through state quota will be subject to the eligibility criteria and reservation policy applicable in the State or Union Territory where the student seeks admission. Students must carefully go through the rules and regulations stipulated by their state counselling authority.
Those who seek admission in AFMC Pune are required to register on their official website for further screening tests. They have a separate selection process and NEET is only the first step. Please note that just qualifying NEET does not ensure admission into AFMC Pune.
Ques. I belong to the unreserved category. What is the minimum qualification required for me to apply for the exam?
Ans. Higher secondary (12 th ) or equivalent with the Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology and English subjects, and 50% marks in the qualifying exam.
Ques. What is the upper age limit for candidates appearing in NEET?
Ans. The upper age of candidates applying for NEET should not exceed 25 years on the examination date (5 years’ relaxation for the SC/ST/OBC candidates).
Ques. What are the qualifying marks required in class 12 th to appear for NEET?
Ans. The eligibility of qualifying marks in class 12 th for candidates appearing in NEET is mentioned below:
Ques. I belong to the OBC category and have passed 12 th with Physics, Chemistry and Biology with 46% marks. Am I eligible for appearing in the exam?
Ques. I am 26 years old and belong to the unreserved category. Am I eligible to appear for NEET 2018?
Ques. Who all can avail 15% All India Quota seats?
Ans. The following residents can avail the 15% All India Quota seats in NEET Exam:
Ques. I am opting Oriya as the question paper medium. Am I then eligible for 15% All India Quota?
Ans. You are eligible for All India Quota and other quotas (per the required norms) irrespective of the medium in which examination is attempted.
NEET 2019 Application Form will be available from ...
NEET 2017 application form is available at cbsenee ...
Candidates can check the MBBS admission procedure ...
नीट 2017 के आवेदन पत्र cbseneet.nic.in 31 जनवरी 20 ...