NEET 2018 Application Form
Updated On - October 14th 2017 by KRITIKA GUPTA
NEET 2018 Application Form will be available from January 2018 onwards. The Central Board of Secondary Education will release the form online at www.cbseneet.nic.in. The minimum eligibility to apply for NEET is to qualify 10+2 exam conducted by CBSE or any recognized board with at least 50% marks.
NEET 2018 is scheduled in the month of May. This year, nearly 12 lakh candidates are expected to register for NEET for admissions to over 80,000 MBBS and BDS seats under Government, Private and Deemed Medical Colleges in India. CBSE will issue NEET Admit Card via online mode in April 2018.
Listed below are important points related to NEET Registration:
- All applicants must possess a valid ID proof like Aadhaar card, Aadhaar enrollment number, Passport, Ration Card or any other valid Government identification document. Check Aadhaar Card Requirements for NEET
- Only one application form can be filled with one Email ID and Mobile No. Also, multiple applications from one candidate are subject to rejection. Check NEET Document Specifications
- CBSE will open the facility for a candidate to make corrections in the application form of NEET in March 2018. Check NEET Application Form Correction
- Maximum of 3 attempts are allowed for every candidate to appear for National Eligibility cum Entrance Test. Know More
- Indian Nationals, Non-Resident Indians (NRIs), Overseas Citizen of India (OCIs), Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs) & Foreign Nationals are eligible to apply for NEET 2018.
Highlights of NEET 2018 Application Form
|Availability of NEET 2018 Application Form||January 2018|
|Conducting Body||CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education)|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|NEET Official Website||www.cbseneet.nic.in|
|Minimum qualification to fill NEET Application Form||Class 12th graduate|
|Documents required at the time of form-filling||Scanned copy of all academic certificates, recent photograph, and signature|
|NEET Application Fee |
For General Category- INR 1400
For Reserved Category – INR 750
|Candidates expected to register for NEET 2018||Over 12 lakh|
|NEET Contact Detailsfirstname.lastname@example.org|
NEET 2018 Application Form Dates
Here are all the important dates related to NEET 2018 Application Form. Candidates must not miss out on any of the events related to medical exam.
Check NEET 2018 Exam Dates
How to Fill NEET 2018 Application Form?
Application Form of NEET 2018 will be available at NEET Official Website starting from January 2018. Participants must note that the forms can be submitted via online mode only.
Here are some pre-requisites for NEET Registration:
Before you begin the registration make sure you are ready with the following details and documents:
|Details Required||Documents Required|
|Candidate’s Name, Gender, DOB, Nationality||10th Class Marksheet|
|Father & Mother Name, Qualification, Occupation, Annual Income||12th Class Marksheet|
|Address, Mobile No. and Email ID||Candidate’s scanned passport size photograph|
|Aadhar No./ Aadhaar Enrolment No.||Candidate’s scanned signature|
|Registration No. Issued by CBSE Facilitation Center||Valid Debit/ Credit Card Photograph|
|Passport No./ Ration Card No./ Bank A/C No.||Valid Identification Document|
Permissible IDs for each category are tabulated below:
|Category of Candidates||Types of Permissible IDs|
|Indian Nationals of all States||Aadhaar Card No., Aadhaar Enrolment No./ Registration No. issued by Facilitation Center|
|Indian Nationals belonging to Assam, Meghalaya or Jammu & Kashmir||Aadhaar Card No., Aadhaar Enrolment No., Registration No. issued by Facilitation Centre, Ration Card No., Bank Account No., Passport No. or No. of any Other Identity Card issued by Government.|
|NRIs/ Foreigners/ OCI/ PIO||Passport No.|
The registration for NEET comprises of 4 major steps. They are as follows:
Step 1- Registration
- Visit NEET 2018 official website i.e. cbseneet.nic.in
- Click on “New Registration” link.
- Read all the instructions carefully and then click on “Proceed to Apply online NEET (UG), 2018” link provided at the bottom of page.
- You will be redirected to New Registration Page as shown below
- Enter your personal details i.e. your name, parent’s name, category, identification type and number, valid email ID and mobile number.
- After filling all the details, click on “Submit" button.
- After submitting details, candidates will be redirected to create their own profile password and set a security question for their account. They also have to enter the OTP sent to their registered phone number.
Security Question: Security Question is important for candidates in case they forget their login password. Candidate can choose any of the questions provided on the official site and answer that question. One must note down the question and its answer for future purpose also.
For entering Password, Candidate must ensure that the password is of 8-13 characters long and there must be atleast one Uppercase letter, one lower case letter, numeric and one special character like @#$%^.
Candidates will receive a Registration number after successfully completing the online registration. They can either continue to fill the form or login later with the registration number and profile password.
Step 2: Fill NEET 2018 Application Form
Visit the official website (given above). Click on “Apply Online”. Read all the instructions carefully and click on “Proceed to apply online”. You will be required to enter the below details:
- Fill Registration Details: Enter details like your Name, Mother’s Name, Father’s Name, DOB, Aadhaar Number, Mobile No., Email Address and Security Pin. After entering all details click on “Submit” button.
- Fill Personal Details (Application Form): Choose State, Gender, Category, PwD status, Single child status, Place of residence and Aadhar card number (optional).
- Contact Details: House No., Locality, City, State, District, Pincode, Email address, Mobile No. and Land Line No.
- Domicile Details: State domicile, House No., Locality, City, State and District.
- Guardians Details: Choose the qualification, occupation and annual income details of Guardians.
- Qualification Details: Enter name, address, school board, type of institution, year of passing and % obtained of the 10th class.
- Qualifying Examination Details: Choose the qualifying exam code, school board, year of passed/appearing, type of institution, name and address of the school, study, state of 12th class appearing/passed, district of 12th class appearing/passed, % obtained and Roll number (if allotted).
- Choose language of the exam and three choices for the examination center.
- Choose security question and password, enter security pin and click on “Next” button. A review page will be open, check all the entered details and click on the “Final Submit” button. After submitting details the registration number will be displayed, note down the registration number for further use.
Step 3: Uploading of Documents
- Use the email ID and password to login.
- Upload Scanned Images by clicking “Choose File” option.
- Select the images of signature and photograph.
- Click on “Next” button. The preview of images will appear.
- Click on “Upload” button to upload images.
Step 4: Pay NEET Application Fee
If a candidate wishes to pay via offline mode, then perform the following steps:
- You can pay the NEET 2018 Application Fee in online mode only. There are 4 online payment gateways through which the fee can be remitted by the applicants.
- Candidates opting Option 1 must check the validity of the card.
- Candidates opting Option 2 and Option 3 must follow the instructions as communicated during the online processing.
- Save the Bank Statement/ Net Banking transaction receipt/ e-wallet receipt having Application Registration No. for future reference.
Note – Payment of Fee via Indian Postal Order / Demand Draft/ Pay Order/ Cheque/Cash, etc. will not be accepted under any circumstances. Such applications would stand rejected and no correspondence on this account will be entertained.
- You have to select one suitable method. Also go through the application fee charges carefully, before you proceed to make the payment.
Note: If fee has been paid twice via Debit/ Credit card then the concerned bank will automatically refund the fee after verification.
NEET 2018 Application Fee
|Candidate Category||Registration Fee (INR)|
Charges Applicable on Various Modes of Payments
Step 5: Confirmation page
- After finishing the fee payment process, candidates can take the printout of application form.
- Take at least four printouts of the confirmation page.
- Those who pay the application fee via offline mode must stay patient as application status update takes a little time.
- Generation of confirmation confirms that the application form of NEET is succesfully accepted by the authorities.
Specifications for Uploading Images
- Applicants should scan their recent photograph and signature as per the dimension specified by CBSE in their guidelines.
- Photograph should be recent with the name of candidate and date of the photograph taken.
- The signature should be written with a blue/black ballpoint pen on a preferably white background.
Steps to edit the photograph and signature for NEET Application Form:-
- Open the scanned file with the help of MS paint on your computer.
- On the ‘Home’ Tab, click on the option ‘Resize’.
- Select the area of the photograph you want to resize and then click on Resize.
- First change the resize options to “Pixels”. In the Horizontal Tab (Width) enter 135 and Vertical Tab (Height) enter 170 for Photograph. For signature, enter 135 in the Horizontal Tab and 55 in the Vertical Tab. For Thumb Impression, enter 135 in the Horizontal Tab and 55 in the Vertical Tab.
- The applicants must ensure that the photograph should be between 10 Kb to 40 Kb and signature should be between 3 KB to 20 KB.
- In case you need to compress the scanned images to the prescribed limit, you can use online option to compress the file size such as Tinypng.com, etc.
- You have to first upload the scanned images from the system to the website which will then automatically reduce the size of the file and create a new resized file
- Ensure that all the images to be uploaded must be in JPG/JPEG format.
- You can then easily download the new file on the system and upload it in the space provided in the application form.
NEET 2018 Application Form Status
- After submission of form and fees, you can check your form status online.
- Visit the official website and click on ‘Check NEET Application Form Status’ tab.
- Login to your account with the registration ID and password.
- You can verify whether your form is submitted successfully or not.
NEET 2018 Application Form Correction
Post successful completion of NEET 2018 Application forms, CBSE will provide form correction window for candidates who have some errors in their application forms. However, the changes in application form is for limited information and candidates are thus advised to fill application form with utmost attention. Details that can be changed in NEET 2018 Application Form Correction are:
|Particulars||What can be edited||What cannot be edited|
|Identification Identity||NEET Application Form with IDs other than Aadhaar Number and Application Number issued by facilitation center.||NEET Application Form with Aadhaar Card and candidates with nationality as Foreign, OCI, PIO and NRI.|
|Date of Birth||NEET Application Form with IDs other than Aadhaar and Application Number issued by facilitation center.||NEET Application Form with Aadhaar attached|
|Gender||NEET Application Form with IDs other than Aadhaar Card and Registration Number issued by facilitation center.||NEET Application Form with Aadhaar Number|
|State Code of Eligibility||Candidates of Andhra Pradesh, Telangana and Jammu & Kashmir. Candidates belonging to the states of Assam, Meghalaya and Jammu & Kashmir can change their state code of eligibility if they have obtained their Aadhaar||Not Applicable|
|Category||If change in category involves higher fee, the candidates will pay the difference of the fee.||Not Applicable|
|Disability Status||If change in disability status involves higher fee, the candidates will pay the difference of the fee.||Not Applicable|
|Medium||Those candidates who have given Tripura either in state code of eligibility or of qualifying examination will be able change the Medium as Bengali and will not be able to choose Agartala as their center.||Not Applicable|
|Examination Center||Candidates who have given Tripura either in state code of eligibility or of qualifying examination will be able change their center of Examination to Agartala provided they have chosen Bengali as Medium.||All the candidates except those who belong to Tripura|
NEET Eligibility 2018
Candidates applying for NEET 2018 are required to satisfy the minimum eligibility requirements as mentioned below. The eligibility mentioned is final and no request will be entertained by CBSE to be flexible about it.
NEET Eligibility- Nationality
- Candidate must be an Indian citizen. OCI (Overseas Citizen of India) candidates are also eligible to apply.
- Candidates from J&K/AP/Telangana are eligible for All India 15% quota only (also eligible for admission in AFMC, Pune) on the basis of self-declaration.
- Indian National candidates must have an Aadhaar Number to apply for NEET.
NEET Eligibility- Age Limit
- Minimum Age limit is 17 years as on or before 31st December of the year of admission.
- Maximum Age is 25 years (for General and OBC candidates) and 30 years (for other categories).
NEET Eligibility- Academic Qualification
- Applicants should have qualified Class 12 or an equivalent exam, with Chemistry, Physics, Biology/Biotechnology with English as a compulsory subject.
- Candidates appearing for 10+2 Examinations are also eligible to apply.
- In the qualifying exam (PCB group), students should have obtained at least 50% marks for general, 45% marks for General-PH and 40% marks for SC/ST & OBC.
FAQs - NEET Application Form
Ques: I have made the online payment but my confirmation page has not been generated. What can I do?
Ans: Such problem occurs because of drop in connectivity from Banks’ server to the NIC server on which NEET website has been hosted. In such circumstances, Banks’ servers are sending the message to NIC server 2-3 times a day to ensure that the dropped communication cycle is completed. Once your payment communication reached to NIC server, you will be able to generate the confirmation page. You are advised to wait for 24 hours.
Ques: In my State, my category is “XYZ” which is not coming in the NEET option. “XYZ” category candidates are given reservation in my State. How I will be eligible for the reserved seat against XYZ category as this is not coming in NEET application.
Ans: Such candidates will apply against the registration for counseling in their State. During registration, all desired information as per eligibility/reservation rules of the concerned State will be collected and accordingly merit list will be prepared by the State Admitting Authorities based on All India Rank issued by CBSE.
Ques: I am from Uttar Pradesh but residing in Delhi from past 10 years. What should I fill in the Column “State of Eligibility (For 15% All India Quota)”
Ans: Such decisions need to be taken by the candidates themselves. However, it is clarified that such candidates can apply for counseling in both Uttar Pradesh and Delhi and during the counseling, his/her eligibility for the 85% Quota seats will be checked by the State Admitting Authorities and if he is found eligible, he will be given admission otherwise not.
Ques: My daughter is residing in Kuwait and she does not have Aadhaar Card. What information is to be provided against Aadhaar Number.
Ans: In case of NRI, they are supposed to provide the passport number and not the Aadhaar card number.
Ques. Do we have to post NEET 2018 Application Form and attachments to the University?
Ans. No, it is not required. The application form is to be filled and submitted online.
Ques. If I misplace my copy of the Application Form of NEET, how can I get another copy?
Ans. A printout of NEET 2018 Application Form can be taken from cbseneet.nic.in by giving the relevant details.
Ques. How can I retrieve my NEET Password?
Ans. Candidates often tend to forget their login credentials and in particular password. Here are some easy steps to retrieve your password:
- Visiting the official website and click on ‘Candidate Login’ link.
- Click on the link- “Forgot Password?”
- Under registered User Sign In option, “Click on Forgot Password?” option
- This will direct you to password regeneration page.
- You can reset your password through two methods, either through OTP or using the answer provided for Security Question during the registration process.
Enter the details asked in fields and click on Submit. Then reset your password and login with new password.
Ques. I do not have a mobile number and an Email ID. Can I still fill NEET 2018 Application Form?
Ans. Having a valid mobile number and email id is compulsory. If a candidate does not have the same, he can enter the parent’s/ guardian’s mobile number/ email id in the Application form.
Ques. What are the reasons for NEET 2018 Application Form Rejection?
Ans. The reasons for rejection of NEET Application Form are listed below:
- Candidates are permitted to submit only one application. If multiple applications are submitted, it will result in cancellation of registration.
- Incomplete application and applications not in accordance with instructions will not be considered and will result in rejection. Also, the NEET Application Fee will not be refunded in such cases.
- Payment of application fee via Indian Postal Order / Demand Draft/ Pay Order/ Cheque/Cash, etc. will not be accepted under any circumstances. Such applications will stand rejected and no correspondence on this account will be entertained.