NEET PG 2017 Eligibility
NEET PG 2017 (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test Post Graduate 2017) eligibility criteria is defined by MCI (Medical Council of India) for all the candidates who are appearing for the NEET PG 2017 exam. All the candidates must have completed the MBBS degree from a government recognized college and have a minimum of 1 year of internship experience as per the NEET PG 2017 Eligibility Criteria.
All the candidates who have completed the internship process and MBBS degree on or before March 31, 2017 can only apply for the NEET PG 2017 exam. The NEET PG eligibility criteria are same for all the candidates but the NEET PG 2017 reservation is different for each state/ Union Territory.
NEET PG 2017 Eligibility Criteria
The candidates who fail to clear all the NEET PG 2017 Eligibility Criteria will not be getting the admission to post-graduate course. If at any stage, it is found that the candidate has provided wrong information the admission of such candidate will be canceled. The NEET PG 2017 eligibility criteria are as follows:
- The candidates who possess the MBBS degree or a certificate which declares the candidate has the provisional MBBS degree can apply for the NEET PG . The certificate or the MBBS degree must be recognized by the Medical Council of India.
- Along with the degree or certificate the candidate must possess 1 year of experience certificate. The candidate can apply for the NEET PG 2017 exam by March 31, 2017.
- NEET PG eligibility criteria define that the candidates who have cleared the MBBS degree from the state of Andhra Pradesh, Telangana and Jammu & Kashmir will not be getting seats under the All India Quota. The candidates who have been allotted government medical colleges in the state of Andhra Pradesh and Jammu and Kashmir are eligible for the All India 50% Quota.
- The candidates must provide the duly signed affidavit stating that the candidate got the college through the centralized counseling, along with the print out of the acknowledgment of submission of NEET PG Application Form. The submission has to be done by the candidates who have done the MBBS degree from the state of Andhra Pradesh, Telangana and Jammu & Kashmir.
- The declaration must reach the office by November 31, 2017. The submission of the declaration has to be done at the office of the Deputy Director (Examination):
Deputy Director (Examinations) National Board of Examinations,
Medical Enclave, Ansari Nagar,
Mahatma Gandhi Marg, (Ring Road), New Delhi – 110029
- The candidates must be sure themselves about the NEET PG 2017 Eligibility and if found at any stage later that the candidate is ineligible, such candidate’s candidature is cancelled. The candidates who have cleared the NEET PG exam and have been allocated seat through the NEET PG 2017 Counseling can also be asked to leave the seat under the rule.
- There are no exceptions to the NEET PG 2017 eligibility guidelines and thus the candidates are requested to apply for only if they have valid degrees and have completed the internship by March 31, 2017. All the NEET PG 2017 application form that have been submitted will be cancelled if the degree or internship certificate is invalid.
- Just merely completing the NEET PG 2017 registration process does not confer any applicant for the seat for the PG program. The candidates have to clear the exam, NEET PG 2017 counseling and then will be allocated a seat.
- The internship certificate submitted under the NEET PG 2017 eligibility rule must define clearly the starting date and the last date of the Compulsory Rotating Resident Internship program. The certificate of internship must be submitted in original.
- The colleges that received recognition after the MCI Cutoff date are considered invalid.
- The registration of the applicant is necessary with the M.C.I/ State Medical council. The documentary proof of the same must be furnished by the candidate on the day of NEET PG Counseling.
- As per the NEET PG 2017 eligibility rule defined by some Universities/ institutes, candidates who are pursuing the PG degree from their college or any other college or university cannot apply for the PG program again in their college. The candidate can thus be refused for NEET PG 2017 admission. The NBE/MCC/MoHFW shall not be responsible for admission cancellation for such students.
- The candidates can go through the NEET PG 2017 registration process only once.
NEET PG 2017 Reservation Criteria
The NEET PG 2017 reservation defines the limits on the allocation of seats to the reserved and non- reserved category candidates. The candidates of reserved category and non- reserved category must go through the NEET PG 2017 reservation criteria to get the clear understanding of the seat distribution among the two. The following is the NEET PG 2017 reservation criteria defined:
For States/Union Territories - 50% Quota Seats and Private Medical Colleges/ Institutes/Universities/Deemed Universities
- The NEET PG 2017 reservation criteria defined for each State/ Union Territory is different. The reservation quota is different in each state.
- The NEET PG 2017 merit list is different for each state. The private University/ Institution can prepare their own merit list based on the regulation applicable. The state quota will remain undisturbed.
- The NBE (National Board of Examination) will give the details of the candidate who have qualified the NEET PG 2017. The NEET PG 2017 reservation criteria give the private Universities/ Institutes of different States/ Union territories the freedom to create their own NEET PG 2017 merit list on the basis of the NEET PG 2017 Result. The Regulation and/or their qualifying criteria, applicable guidelines and reservation policies of the State/ Universities are different.
For Armed Forces, Medical Service Institutions
- The candidates who wish for a seat in MD/MS/PG Diploma seats (AFMS) shall tick the option (Institutions of Armed Medical Services) at the time of filling the NEET PG 2017 application form. The candidates have to go through the separate NEET PG Registration Process for AFMC. The AFMC online registration website is www.afmcdg1.gov.in.
- There is no reservation granted to SC/ST/OBC/PH category candidates in Armed Forces Institutions conducting Post Graduate Courses.