The Medical Counselling Committee or MCC will hold NEET PG Counselling 2018. The procedure is conducted via online mode in the month of February 2018. Students scoring more than NEET PG cut off are eligible to participate in the online medical counselling.
There are four major steps involved in NEET PG Counselling –
- Online Registration
- Exercising of Choices
- Viewing Indicative Seat Allotment
- Modifying and Locking of Choice
- Reporting at college
Note: Candidates failing to attend the counselling will not be eligible for admissions.
The procedure for 50% AIQ PG seats is a six-day long process, held in two rounds. NEET PG 2018 was held on January 7 and results were declared on January 28. The MCC will release the counselling schedule shortly at www.mcc.nic.in. CheckNEET PG Results
Highlights of NEET PG Counselling
|Round 1 Counselling Date||Second week of February 2018|
|Round 2 Counselling Date||Second week of March 2018|
|Mode of Counselling||Online|
|Conducting Authority||MCC on behalf of Directorate General of Health Services (DGHS)|
NEET PG 2018 Counselling Date
The conducting body will release the official schedule for counselling at its official website. Given below is the tentative schedule for NEET PG Counselling for PG courses:
|NEET PG 2018 Exam||January 7, 2018|
|Declaration of NEET PG 2018 Result||January 23, 2018|
|Release of NEET PG All India Merit List||Third week of February 2018|
|Main Counselling Registration, Choice filling & Indicative Seat Allotment result||March 14 – March 19, 2018|
|Choice Filling & Locking – Round 1||March 14 – March 20, 2018|
|Seat allotment – Round 1||March 21 – March 22, 2018|
|Release of Round 1 Result||March 23, 2018|
|Reporting at College against Round 1||March 24 – April 3, 2018|
|Chose exercising and Locking – Round 2||April 21 – April 23, 2018|
|Seat Allotment – Round 2||April 24 – April 25, 2018|
|Release of Round 2 Result||April 26, 2018|
|Reporting at College against Round 2||April 27 – May 9, 2018|
|Transfer of vacant seat to State Quota||May 9, 2018 onwards|
Documents Required for NEET PG Counselling
Medical students having their names on NEET PG Merit List should bring the following documents at the time of counselling:
- NEET PG 2018 Admit Card
- NEET PG Rank Card
- Photo ID Proof (Aadhar Card, PAN Card, Voter ID etc)
- 10th class mark sheet and passing certificate
- 12th class mark sheet and passing certificate
- Graduation certificate
- Category Certificate (if applicable)
- Original and two photocopies of Transfer Certificate
- Counselling call letter
- Recent passport size photographs
NEET PG 2018 Counselling Procedure
For final admissions, all the eligible candidates are required to follow the steps mentioned below:
Step 1: Registration for Counselling
- Visit MCC Official Website i.e. www.mcc.nic.in
- Click on ‘NEET PG Counselling Registration’ link
- Enter details – Application Number, Roll Number, DOB, and Name.
- Click on ‘Submit’ button
Step 2: Exercising of Choices, Seat Allotment Process
- Login by entering required details – testing ID/ Roll No./ Stream and Password.
- Fill in the choice of subjects and colleges in order of preference.
- Candidate can fill in as many options but should make sure to submit the same in the order of preference.
- The options can be modified before locking the choices. After clicking on ‘Choice Locking’ all the choices submitted will appear on the screen.
- If the students are confirmed about their choices then they can enter their password
Note: Applicants are advised to take the printout of locked choices which include locking date, IP address of computer and unique number
Step 3: Seat Allotment
After the completion of online registration, students will be allocated seats on the basis of their filled choices and merit in exam. The results of seat allotment will be published online at MCC Official Website.
Step 4: Reporting at Medical/ Dental college
After the seat allotment, students have to download the allotment letter which has to be shown at the allotted college. If students are unable to report to the allotted college or not carrying required document then they will be disqualified.
NEET PG Required Documents -
- NBE issued NEET PG Admit Card
- Result/Rank letter issued by NBE
- MBBS or BDS degree or Provisional Certificate
- Internship Completion Certificate or a Certificate from the Head of the college or Institution specifying that candidate will finish his/her internship by March 31, 2018 (year of admission)
- If the candidate is undergoing internship which will likely be finished before March 31then Internship Completion Certificate or Certificate from the Head of the Institution or College.
- Physically Handicapped (PH) which is issued by authorized Medical Boards (if applicable).
Note: Candidate must have all the documents previously mentioned for counselling. All the certificates must be in Hindi or English.
NEET PG 2018 Merit List
NEET PG Merit list will be prepared by National Board of Examination. Names of the applicants who have successfully cleared the medical entrance examination will appear on the merit list. Following is the tie-breaking criteria which help MCC in preparation of merit list:
Tie Breaking Criteria in NEET PG
In case two or more students have similar marks in the examination; the following is the tie-breaking criteria which help to determine the list:
- All India NEET PG 2018 rank: This is the overall merit position for all the candidates who have appeared in the NEET PG 2018 exam.
- All India 50% quota rank: This is the overall merit position for all the candidates who have appeared in the exam. All over India, 50% seats are reserved for MD/ MS/ Post-Graduate diploma courses 2018 admission session only
- All India 50% quota Category rank: All over India, 50% seats are reserved for MD/ MS/ Post-Graduate diploma courses for the students who fall in a category of SC/ ST/ OBC.
- State quota/ Private Medical Colleges/ Deemed University/ AFMS Rank: Seats are reserved for the students with state quota rank, state category rank, and rural posting etc shall be determined by designated agency/ authority of the concerned state/ university as per applicable regulations and reservation policies.
NEET PG 2018 Seat Allotment
Seats are allotted as per the availability of seats in the colleges and on the basis of merit list. Students having a better rank will be given preference over the candidates having a lower rank. Following is the explanation of basic counselling of seats:
- All India 50% Quota Seats: Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) of Directorate General of Health Services, Government of India conducts the counselling for All India 50% Quota seats using the result of NEET PG 2018.
- State Quota Seats: The concerned States / designated authority / University conducts the counselling for admission to state quota seats as per the students score in the examination.
- Admission into Private medical colleges/Deemed University: Counselling for admission to private Medical Colleges, Institutions, Universities & Deemed Universities are conducted by the designated counselling authority of these Private Colleges/ Institutions/ Institutes/ Universities/ Deemed Universities
- Admission into Armed Forces Medical Service Institutions: Counselling for admission to Armed Forces Medical Service Institutions is conducted by the Directorate General Armed Forces Medical Services (DGAFMS), Ministry of Defence, and Government of India.
- Admission into DNB Broad Specialty Courses: On the basis of students rank in NEET PG exam the National Board of Counselling conducts the centralized merit-based Counselling.
NEET PG 2018 Participating College
Following is the list of some of the NEET PG 2018 participating colleges:
- KIIT University PG Medical College
- SMU PG Medical College
- BHU PG Medical College
- CMC Ludhiana PG Medical College
- Adesh University PG Medical College
- AFMC PG Medical College
- SRM University PG Medical College
- RIMS PG Medical College
- Amritha PG Medical College
- BLDE University PG Medical College
- AMU PG Medical College
- CMC Vellore PG Medical College
- Manipal University PG Medical College
- COMEDK PG Medical College
- IPU PG Medical College
CheckNEET PG Participating Colleges
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College