NDA Application Form 2017 for Stage 2 has been released . The last date to fill NDA Application Form (Stage 2) is June 30, 2017.
Registration for National Defence Academy (NDA) is to be done in online mode only. Candidates can visit the official website of UPSC to apply for NDA. Click here to fill NDA 2017 Application Form
Here are some key points about NDA Application Form:
- Candidates who are between 16.5 and 19.5 years of age and passed or will be passing their 10+2/HSC will be eligible to fill NDA application form. Check NDA Eligibility
- Applicants can obtain NDA Application Form from upsc.gov.in. They must fill in all the asked details.
- The next step will be to upload photograph, signature and other important documents.
- Candidates from General and OBC Category will then be required to pay ₹ 100 as application fee, while candidates from SC/ST category and wards of JCOs/NCOs/ORs are exempted from paying NDA application fee.
- After successful registration, your application number will appear on the screen. Note it down for further use.
The filled application form need not be sent to the authority via post. Candidates who successfully register for stage 2, will sit for NDA 2017 on September 10, 2017. Qualifying candidates will then be recruited in Indian Defence Forces, which include Indian Army, Air Force, and Navy.
Highlights of NDA Application Form
|NDA Application Form 2017 (Stage 2) will be available from||June 7- June 30, 2017|
|NDA Application Form (Stage 1) was available from||January 18- February 10, 2017|
|Mode of application||Online|
|Minimum qualification to apply for NDA||Class XII|
|Documents required at the time of form-filling||Scanned copy of all academic certificates, recent photograph, and signature|
|Application fee for General and OBC category||₹ 100|
|Application fee for SC/ST and others||Expempted from paying fee|
|Mode of fee payment||Online and Offline|
|UPSC Helpline Number||011-23381125, 011-23385271|
CheckNDA 2017 Exam Dates
NDA 2017 Eligibility Criteria
It is essential to go through the eligibility criteria before filling NDA Application Form. UPSC has carved out these criteria that a candidate must fulfill. Failure to meet NDA Eligibility Criteria will lead to inability to apply for the exam. Here are some of the basic conditions that a candidate must meet:
- Candidate must be citizen of India, also Bhutan, Nepal, tibetan refugee those who came in India before January 1, 1962 with the intentions to settle permanently in India.
- Only unmarried male candidates can apply.
- Candidate must be physically fit as per the norms of authority.
- For NDA 1, Candidate must be born in between July 2, 1998 and July 1, 2001
- For NDA 2, Candidate must be born in between January 2, 1999 to July 1, 2002
- Students should have passed or appearing in 12th or equivalent with physics and mathematics subjects (For Air Force/ Naval Wings of National Defence Academy & for the 10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme at the Indian Naval Academy)
- Students appearing in 12th or equivalent exam (for Army Wing of National Defence Academy) are also eligible to apply.
Read More about NDA Eligibility
How to Apply for NDA?
NDA 2017 Application Form is divided into two parts. Candidates need to duly on or before the last date of application form-filling.
- In NDA Registration Part 1, candidates will be required to fill their basic information such as name, parents name, nationality, category, email id, contact details, corresponding address, etc. Fields marked with red star (*) are mandatory and essential to be filled in by the applicant.
- In NDA Registration Part 2, candidates will be paying the requisite application fee, as per their category, and exam center. This fee can be remitted by online/ offline gateway.
Steps to complete NDA 2017 Registration is mentioned below:
- Visit the official website of UPSC NDA i.e. upsc.gov.in
- Click on the link “Registration Part 1”
- Fill all the Important Details
- After submitting the form, a registration number will be generated
- Note down that Number for further use
- Click on the Link “Registration Part 2”
- Make the payment for the Application Form
- Payment of Fee: Candidates have to click on “Part 2 Registration”. You will be asked to enter your registration number and date of birth. Click on ‘Submit’ Button. Click on Payment option. Make payment through Credit Card/Debit Card/Net Banking/Cash Payment in SBI Bank.
- Center Selection: Candidates will be asked to select 2 choices based to their preference.
- Upload all the required documents
- Click on the “Photo & Signature Upload” section.
- Upload scanned images as per the specifications.
- Click on “Continue” button.
NDA Application Fee
- An application fee of ₹ 100/- is to be paid by candidates from General and OBC category.
- Candidates from SC/ST category and wards of JCOs/NCOs/ORs are exempted from paying NDA application fee.
- The sons of serving/ex-Junior Commissioned Officers/Non-Commissioned Officers/Other Ranks of Army and equivalent ranks in the Indian Navy/Indian Air Force are not required to pay the prescribed fee if they are studying in Military School (formerly known as King George's School)/Sainik School run by Sainik Schools Society.
- The candidates of Sainik schools have to provide the written recommendation letter from the Principal of Sainik school. The letter has to be produced at the time of SSB interview.
- The application fee can be paid through both modes- online and offline.
Instructions for NDA Application Fee
The applicants for NDA Exam are advised to go through the following guidelines of UPSC before submitting the application fee.
- NDA application form fee can be paid online through the net-banking facility or credit/debit card.
- The offline payment of NDA application fee requires the applicant to download e-challan receipt of State Bank of India. An amount of ₹ 100/- has to be deposited as the NDA application fee at the nearest State Bank Branch.
- The net banking facility for payment of the application fee is acceptable of only State Bank of India/State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur/State Bank of Hyderabad/State Bank of Mysore/State Bank of Patiala/State Bank of Travancore.
- Candidates who opt for “Pay by Cash” option must pay the application fee within 24 hours.
- The “Pay by Cash” link will be deactivated at 23.59 hours, on the last day of NDA application form filling.
- The payment slips generated on the last day will be valid and the candidate must pay the application fee at the nearest counter.
- In case a candidate is not able to pay fee on within the bank working hours on the last day, then he must pay the fee through debit/credit card. The application will be rejected otherwise.
- The payment of the application fee will be accepted only if it paid on time and through the modes defined.
- NDA application form fee will not be refunded under any circumstances.
- If the cash payment for a particular candidate has not been received from the bank, such cases are treated as fake and such applications are rejected.
Documents Required to fill NDA Application Form
Candidates need to keep ready a few documents and details while filling NDA Application Form. It is mandatory to upload them at the time of form-filling. Make sure all details in these documents are true and correct.
- All the qualification details of the candidates required at the time of Registration
- Scanned Clear Photograph on a white background.
- Scanned clear Signature on a white background.
- Valid Email Id for all official communications. The email Id which must be active for next 6 months
- Valid Mobile number for communication through SMS
- Valid debit/credit card (in case of online payment)
- 3 copies of bank challan (in case of offline payment)
NDA Application Form FAQs
Q. Is there any problem if I use my parent’s email id for NDA Registration?
Ans: Candidates are advised not to use any other email id while registering for NDA 2017, as all communication are made through it. Make sure the email id is unique and valid. Also, the ID should be active for next 7-8 months at least.
Q. Can I purchase NDA Application Form in offline mode?
Ans: No, the option to obtain NDA application form is online only. All desirous candidates can visit upsc.gov.in to fill the online form.
Q. Is there any provision to edit NDA application form?
Ans: Candidates will not be able to modify any information after submission of the application form. However, in case a form-correction window is opened by UPSC, we will update it here.
Q.I have registered for NDA 2017 and submitted the fee too but now I want to cancel it? Will my fee be refunded?
Ans: No, refund of fee and withdrawal of application is not allowed under any circumstances.
Q. In case I don’t appear in the test, will my fee be refunded?
Ans: No, this will not be possible.
Q. Can females apply for NDA?
Ans: No, only male candidates can apply for the exam.
Q. How many vacancies will be filled through NDA 2017?
Ans: About 360 vacancies are expected to be filled this year.
Q. Who can I contact in case of queries regarding NDA Application Form?
Ans: You may get in touch with UPSC Helpline Number at 011-23381125, 011-23385271.