NDA (1) 2018 Notification, Application Form, Exam Dates
NDA 2018 Exam Schedule for Paper 1 & Paper 2 has been released now. NDA 2018 examination is a gateway for those candidates seeking for entry in Defence Forces like Army, Navy and Air Force. It is a national level examination, which is organized two times in a year, i.e. NDA 1 and NDA 2. The UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) conducts the NDA exam in various cities across the country.
- NDA 2018 Application Form will be available via online mode from January 15, 2018 (for NDA-1) & June 06, 2018 (for NDA-2) on the official website www.upsc.gov.in
- The application fee will be INR 100 for general & OBC students.
- Candidates who will be appearing for class XII examination in March 2018 can also take this examination. Check NDA Eligibility Criteria
- The authority will release NDA 2018 Admit Card via online mode from March 2018 onwards.
- NDA 2018 Result will be declared via online mode through the website.
- The exam will be conducted through pen and paper based mode. Check NDA 2018 Exam Pattern
- NDA Syllabus has been divided into two sections, i.e. Mathematics & General Ability Test.
- Minimum Qualifying Standard approved at the written stage (out of 900 marks). Check NDA Cut off
NDA 2018 Highlights
|Exam Name||National Defence Academy|
|Conducting Body||Union Public Service Commission|
|Exam Type||National Level|
|Eligibility Criteria||Unmarried Male candidates can apply|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Duration||2 hours 30 minutes|
NDA 2018 Exam Dates
NDA Exam Dates for 2018 session have been released now. Here we are providing the official dates of NDA 2018:
|NDA 2018 events||NDA 1||NDA 2|
|Notification Issue Date||January 15, 2018||June 06, 2018|
|Application Form Release Date||January 15, 2018||June 06, 2018|
|Last Date to Submit the Application Form||February 05, 2018||July 02, 2018|
|Admit Card Issue Date||March 2018||August 2018|
|Exam Date||April 22, 2018||September 09, 2018|
|Result Declaration Date||July 2018||November 2018|
NDA 2018 Eligibility criteria
There are various parameters on the basis of which the candidates’ eligibility is checked so that they can appear for the exam and eligible for the further procedure.
- On the basis of nationality, the candidates must take care that they fulfill the following criteria:
- Indian Citizenship
- Subject of Bhutan
- Subject of Nepal
- Tibetan refugee who came to India prior to January 1, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India.
- A PIO (Person of Indian Origin) who has come back from Burma, Pakistan, Sri Lanka and East African Countries of Uganda, Kenya, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia or Vietnam with the intention to get settled down permanently in India.
Only unmarried male candidates, who are not born before 2nd January, 1999 and not after 1st January, 2002 are eligible to appear for NDA 2018 conducted by UPSC.
The candidates would only get approval of their Date of birth as recorded in the Matriculation or Secondary School Leaving Certificate or in a certificate recognized by an Indian University as equivalent to Matriculation or an extract from Register of Matriculates maintained by a University.
1. For Army wing
Candidates must have passed 12th class or cleared equivalent examination of the State board to be eligible for NDA 2018.
2. For Air Force or Naval wings and for 10+2 Cadet entry scheme at the Indian Naval Academy
Candidates must have passed 12th class with Physics and Mathematics as subjects or cleared equivalent examination of the State board to be eligible for NDA 2018.
Candidates who are appearing in 12th class or equivalent examination of the State board are also also eligible for NDA 2018.
NDA 2018 Application Form
Candidates will be provided with Application form of NDA 2018 on the website of UPSC. Candidates can apply only online in order to register for the exam. There are some points that the candidates need to keep in mind while registering for NDA 2018:
- Form for NDA 1 2018 will be made available on January 10, 2018 and for NDA 2 2018 will be made available on June 06, 2018.
- Candidates must fill in the information carefully as no changes will be allowed to be made thereafter.
- All the necessary scanned copies of the documents should be in access while registering for the test.
- Candidates are advised to note down the registration number once they have registered.
- Candidates don’t have to send any printed form to the UPSC.
The application form fee will be announced by the UPSC. The candidates of reserved categories are exempted from paying any fee for the registration. Payment of fee can be done offline by paying cash in any State bank branch and offline as well by Credit or Debit card or through Net banking.
NDA 2018 Admit card
- The authority will release NDA 2018 Admit Card via online mode.
- Students can get their admit card via online mode through the website.
- To download the admit card, candidates have to fill up details like RID, Date of Birth or Roll Number & other details.
- Candidates note down the NDA hall ticket will not be sent by post.
- The admit card bear exam related details like students name, roll number, exam centre, exam date & timing, etc.
- Without admit card, candidates will not be permitted to appear in the examination.
NDA 2018 Exam pattern
The mode for NDA 2018 exam will be offline mode. NDA 2018 has two exams, one of Mathematics (300 marks) and General Knowledge (600). The time duration for each paper is 2 hours and 30 minutes. The following table has further information regarding duration, no. of sections, and no. of questions for candidates:
|Exam Pattern Highlights|
|NDA 2018||Mathematics||General ability test|
|Exam Duration||2 hours and 30 minutes||2 hours and 30 minutes|
|No. of sections||1||2 (English and General Knowledge)|
|Total no. of questions||120||150|
|Total marks||300||600 (English (200) + GK (400))|
|Marking scheme||2.5 for correct and -0.83 for incorrect||4 for correct and -1.33 for incorrect|
|Medium||English and Hindi||English for English section. English and Hindi for GK section|
|Type of questions||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)|
The candidates can go through the above bifurcation for the clarity regarding Exam pattern of the NDA 2018.
The general knowledge section of the NDA 2018 consists of the following topics:
- Physics (100 marks)
- Chemistry (60 marks)
- General Science (40 marks)
- History and Freedom Movement (80 marks)
- Geography (80 marks)
- Current Events (40 marks)
NDA 2018 Result
- The result of NDA written examination will be released after one month from the exam.
- NDA 2018 Result will be declared via online mode through the website.
- The result of shortlisted candidates for SSB Interview will be displayed in PDF format.
- Shortlisted candidates are needed to appear for the SSB Interview round organized by the Services Selection Board (SSB) of the Ministry of Defence.
- After clearing the SSB interview & other rounds, the final result will be declared.
NDA 2018 Selection Process
The selection process in the National Defense Academy is a two-stage process. Stage-1 is the written examination i.e. NDA 2018 test and the stage-2 is the SSB interview stage where the deserving candidates who score the minimum qualifying marks given in the cutoff have the chance to appear for. The complete recruitment process in the NDA is judged on the basis of marks scored out 900 collectively in both the stages of recruitment.
After stage-2 is completed, a final merit list is generated by the UPSC which gives the final recruited candidates. The candidates who finally make it are asked to provide with the originals and the Photostats of 10th and 12th standard passing certificates.
SSB process has 3 parts. They are as follows:
The list of qualified candidates is declared by the UPSC based on the performance of shortlisted candidates in the written exam. There, aspects like confidence and personality of the candidates that will be assessed in the interview round. The desire to serve the country and to be served in the armed forces should be manifested by the candidates genuinely in order to get recruited. The candidates who qualify the interview round become eligible to appear in the verification round.
After personal interview round the eligible candidates are needed to appear for the verification round. There they are required to get their eligibility criteria and admission requirements verified. The qualified candidates are needed to present the required original documents along with 1 set of Photostat of the required documents at Services Selection Center (SSC).
Below is the set of required documents to be carried for the NDA 2018 selection process:
- Qualification Certificate
- Proof of Identity (Pan card, Voter ID, Aadhar Card, etc.)
- Birth Certificate
- Passport Size Photographs
- Category certificate for the Reserved category candidates
- Proof of Residence
Medical examination is the final round in the Selection process. The candidates will be referred to the Board of Service Medical officers by the SSB for medical examination. Candidates shall be deemed eligible for recruitment if and only if they are found to be medically fit by the medical officers.
NDA 2018 Cutoff
The cutoff for the two cycles of NDA 2018 shall be declared approximately one month after the conduction of exams in both the cycles. The cutoff is prepared by UPSC after the declaration of results. The candidates who score the minimum qualifying marks of the cutoff are approved for further process of SSB.
There are various factors that affect the cutoffs of the NDA 2018 examination. They are:
- No. of candidates appearing for the NDA 2018 examination in the two cycles.
- Past trend of the pattern of the examination and cutoff set by UPSC.
- Difficulty level of the present examination i.e. NDA 2018.
- No. of seats available for the deserving candidates.