NATA 2018 Application form, admit card and syllabus
NATA Application form has been released on the official website. Candidates can apply online till March 2, 2018. The basic eligibility is that candidate should be class 12th pass or equivalent or should hold Diploma/International Baccalaureate Diploma.
NATA 2018 will be conducted by Council of Architecture (CoA) on April 29, 2018. The candidates will be assessed on their drawing, observation and sensitivity skills. Unliks previous years, NATA 2018 will be conducted in online mode i.e. Computer based test. Check Detailed Exam Pattern
- Candidates can fill NATA Application Form 2018 till March 2, 2018.
- NATA 2018 Mock Test is now available for practice
- The registration fee is INR 1800 for general and INR 1500 for SC/ST candidates.
- Candidates can download their NATA Admit Card from April 2, 2018 through online mode.
- NATA Syllabus comprises Mathematics, General Aptitude and Drawing Test.
- NATA 2018 Result will be declared tentatively on June 1, 2018.
The score of NATA stays valid for the period of two years from the year in which one appeared. Various government and private colleges enroll students on the basis of NATA score. For those preparing themselves for NATA 2018, we have compiled all the relevant information related to the exam. Check NATA 2018 Expected Cut off
NATA 2018 Exam Highlights
|Exam Name||National Aptitude Test in Architecture|
|Conducting Body||Council of Architecture|
|Exam Type||National Level|
|Duration of Exam||90 minutes each for Paper A & Paper B|
|Exam Date||April 29, 2018|
|Eligibility Criteria||50 % marks in Qualifying Exam|
|Must have Mathematics as a primary subject|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Score Validity||2 years from the year appeared|
NATA 2018 Exam Dates
Listed below are the tentative date regarding NATA 2018. Candidates must note that the data given below is to give idea about the schedule of the exam. Actual dates for all the events pertaining to the exam shall be available soon.
|Application form Start Date||January 18, 2018||NATA Application ends on March 2, 2018|
|Availability of Admit Card||April 2, 2018||Download Admit Card from www.nata.in|
|Date and Time of Examination|
April 29, 2018
(10:30 AM to 01:30 PM)
|Last year, 42, 098 registered for NATA|
|Declaration of Result||June 1, 2018||Check NATA Result online at www.nata.in|
NATA 2018 Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates should have cleared SSC or equivalent exam in order to be eligible for NATA 2018.
- Candidates who have cleared class 12th or equivalent exam with at least 50% marks in aggregate are eligible to take admission in B. Arch courses. All such candidates must have Mathematics as a primary subject.
- Candidates with 10+3 (diploma) with the aggregate of 50% marks scored, are also eligible to apply.
- Students, who have cleared SSC exam and hold an International Baccalaureate diploma passed or are appearing, are also eligible to apply.
- There is no minimum age limit for appearing in NATA 2018 if the candidate satisfies NATA Eligibility Criteria
- There is not any lateral admission criteria for admission in any stage/year of B.Arch course.
Note: that the eligibility criteria for special category students (SC / ST / OBC) remain unchanged and is same as mentioned above.
NATA 2018 Application Form
- Candidates can register for the NATA 2018 through online mode.
- The NATA 2018 Registration is starting from January 18, 2018.
- Candidates can register till March 2, 2018.
- Candidates have to fill their personal details & upload documents at the time of online form filling.
- Candidates have to upload their scanned images, i.e., passport size photograph, own signature and category certificate (if applicable) in a given format.
- Keep the printout of the confirmation page generated after the fee payment for further process.
- There is no need to send the NATA application form through offline mode or by post.
- In case, candidates make any mistake in the application form, the correction window will be opened in the 3rd week of February 2018.
- The registration fee is INR 1800 for general and INR 1500 for SC/ST candidates.
- Candidates can make payment through online mode using debit card/credit card and net banking.
Admit Card for NATA 2018
- Candidates can download their admit card from April 2, 2018 through online mode.
- Whenever the admit card will be issued by the authority we will update it in our website.
- The NATA 2018 Admit Card will consist of candidates & exam details such as name of the candidate, roll number, date & time of exam, venue of the test center, etc.
- Candidates have to carry one of the photo ID proof along with the admit card/appointment voucher.
NATA 2018 Exam Pattern
The CoA will administer NATA 2018 in 135 cities of India and 1 in Dubai Candidates must go through NATA exam pattern given below to have a clear understanding of the structure of the question paper.
Examination mode- According to NATA Exam Pattern, the entrance test will be conducted in the online mode.
Subjects- The entrance test will have questions from the following subjects:
- General aptitude
- Type of questions- The Mathematics and General aptitude sections will have multiple choice questions.
- Marking Scheme: For each correct answer, two marks will be awarded to the candidates in Mathematics & General Aptitude test.
- Negative Marking: No marks will be deducted for incorrect answer.
- Subjects: The question paper will comprise of three sections, i.e. Mathematics, Drawing & General Aptitude.
- Qualifying Marks: Secure minimum 25% marks in MCQ portion (30 out of 120) & 25% marks in Drawing portion (20 out of 80).
- Question distribution- Candidates can check the question distribution in part A and part B of the entrance test below on the table:
|NATA Exam||Paper A - General Aptitude & Mathematics||Paper B - NATA Drawings|
|Exam Mode||Offline i.e. pen- paper based||Offline i.e. pen- paper based|
|Time Duration||90 minutes||90 minutes|
|No. of Questions||General Aptitude- 30 Questions & Mathematics- 30 Questions||2 Questions|
|Marks||2 marks each||40 marks each|
|Total||120 marks||80 marks|
NATA 2018 Syllabus
Algebra, Logarithms, Matrices, Trigonometry, Coordinate Geometry, 3-Dimensional Co-ordinate geometry, Theory of Calculus, Application of Calculus, Permutation and combination, Statistics and Probability.
- General Aptitude –
Analytical Reasoning, Architectural awareness (General Knowledge question about architecture, famous, building etc.), Identifying commonly used material and objects based on their texture, visualizing three dimensional objects through two dimensional drawing, visualizing different sides of three dimensional objects, mental ability, Imaginative comprehension and expression, verbal reasoning, mental ability (visual, numerical and verbal), general awareness of national/international architects and famous architectural creations.
- Drawing Test –
Understanding scale and proportion of objects, geometric composition, shape, building forms and elements, aesthetics, colour texture, harmony and contrast, conceptualization and visualization through structuring objects in memory, drawing of patterns – both geometrical and abstract, form transformations in 2D and 3D like union, subtraction, rotation, surfaces and volumes. Creating 2D and 3D compositions using given shape and forms, generating plan, elevation, and 3D views of objects. Perspective drawing, sketching of urban scape and landscape common day-to-day life objects like furniture, equipment etc., from memory.
NATA 2018 Result
The result for NATA 2018 will be released tentatively on June 1, 2018. The result will be made available on the official website of NATA. Students can download Score Card for NATA 2018 when it is available online. The validity of score obtained in NATA is 2 years from the year of the exam taken by the candidate.
Candidates who wish to see their scorecard must follow the below mentioned steps:
- Visit the official website of NATA: www.nata.in
- Click on “Download score card for NATA 2018”
- Login with the credentials: Candidate ID and Password
- Enter the captcha provided
- Download the NATA 2018 scorecard.
NATA 2018 Counselling Process
Universities/colleges and states that offer B.Arch programs will be conducting NATA 2018 counselling separately.The admission authorities will conduct the NATA 2018 counselling after the declaration of result by COA, for the qualified candidates. Candidates who wish to participate in NATA counselling 2018 must check and meet the eligibility criteria of the university/college to which they are applying for.
There are more than 400 institutes that accept the NATA score and these colleges/institutes in different states will hold the counselling for NATA 2018. Candidates who will qualify the entrance exam will have to apply for NATA 2018 counselling on the basis of their NATA scores.
Key Points of Eligibility Criteria for NATA 2018 Counselling
- In addition to qualifying in NATA 2018, it is essential for candidates to meet the eligibility criteria of the institute they are seeking admissions in.
- The eligibility criteria will be different from state to state and university to university.
- It is important for the candidates to read and understand the requisite eligibility criteria before applying.
Documents Required During NATA Counselling 2018
During NATA 2018 Counselling, candidates will have to carry their original documents along with the two set of photocopies. Mentioned below is the list of documents required during the counselling process of NATA 2018. Candidates are suggested to check to check the list with the respective institutes or counselling authorities before attending the counselling process.
- NATA 2018 Admit Card
- NATA 2018 Score Card
- Class 10 and 12 marksheet and pass certificate
- Category Certificate (if applicable)
- Medical Certificate for PwD Certificate
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College