MU OET 2018 Registration, Exam Dates, Admit Card
Manipal University Online Entrance Test (MU OET) is a university-level online entrance exam conducted by Manipal University once in a year for admitting candidates to various degree programs such as B.Tech, M.Tech, B.Pharm, Pharm.D, M.Sc.
- Manipal University offers courses in different fields of education such as Applied Sciences, Architecture, Allied Health Sciences, Engineering, European Studies, Geopolitics, Hotel Management, Humanities, Information Sciences, Jewellery Design & Management, Media and Communication, Medicine, Public Health, Social Work, and Statistics.
- MU OET 2018 Application Form will be available from the first week of November 2017
- Basic eligibility to apply is that a candidate must have passed 10+2 with 50% marks in aggregate
- The application fee is INR 600 while fee for the entrance test is INR 1400
- Candidates must carry MU OET Admit Card along with them at the Exam Centre.
- The exam is scheduled to be held in the second week of April 2018
- MU OET 2018 is to be held only through online mode. Question paper of will contain 200 questions from Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English and General Aptitude.
- MU OET Result will be announced on the official website. 4
MU OET 2018 Highlights Table
The exam highlights table for MU OET 2018 is given below:
|Date of MU OET 2018||Second week of April 2018|
|Conducting Body||Manipal University|
|Duration||Depends on the course applied for|
|Type and Number of Questions||Depends on the course applied for|
|Sections||2 to 4|
|Courses Offered||B.Tech, B.Pharm, PharmD, M.Tech, M.Sc|
MU OET 2018 Dates
Below table shows the tentative dates for MU OET 2018:
|Online Application availability||First week of November 2017|
|Last date for submission of application form||Second week of March 2018|
|MU OET 2018 exam date||Second week of April 2018|
|Result declaration||Third week of May 2018|
|Counselling start date||First week of June 2018|
MU OET 2018 Eligibility
The eligibility criteria for MU OET 2018 differs for each of the course or degree program. A common eligibility criterion in this online entrance exam is that there is no age limit for all the courses and so candidates of any age can apply for the exam.
Below are the eligibility criteria for the exam:
- Candidates should have passed in 10+2 standard exam or equivalent examination from a recognized board.
- Candidates should have passed the 10+2 standard exam with Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and English as compulsory subjects.
- Candidates must have secured minimum 50% marks in Mathematics, Physics & anyone optional subject.
- Candidates have to obtain a minimum of 50% marks in MU OET 2018 entrance exam.
- No minimum age limit is there for MU OET 2018.
- For P.G degree courses, candidates must have scored at least a minimum percentage of 45% as their overall cumulative percentage in their qualifying Undergraduate degree.
MU OET 2018 Application Form
For enrolling for MU OET candidates have to visit the following website intended for the application process- www.manipalotbs.com. The given password must be kept confidential for the further usage of logging into the secure booking platform online. MU OET 2018 Application Form will be available for filling from the first week of November 2017.
The details about the application form given as follows:
- Candidates must fill online application form through online mode only.
- Aspirants can fill online application form till second week of March 2018.
- Candidates are advised to fill all relevant details like personal and educational details in online application form.
- Candidates must upload their scanned photograph and signature online in the application form.
Candidates can take a print of filled application form for future reference.
Application Fee Payment
Details on payment of application fee are listed below.
- Application fee is INR 600 and for entrance test, the fee is INR 1400.
- Application fee can be paid through credit card or debit card or net banking.
- Payment can also be made through DD in favor of “Manipal University”, payable at Manipal or Udupi.
- Candidates paying the application fee through DD have to send the print copy of the filled application form along with DD to the following address:
Director, Indian Admissions,
Room No. 102, Manipal University,
Manipal – 576 104 Karnataka, India.
MU OET 2018 Admit Card
Admit card or e-hall ticket will be available online for download for the students applying for various degree courses through MU OET 2018 entrance exam. The Admit card will not be sent to candidates through postal mode or fax or any other modes. Students can get the e-hall ticket only through the online mode.
Below are the steps to be followed to download MU OET 2018 Admit Card.
- Candidates must visit the site - www.manipalotbs.com
- Enter your MU OET 2018 Application Number and password given.
- Click on the login button.
- Download MU OET 2018 hall ticket and save it to your computer.
While reporting to the exam center on the day of MU OET 2018 exam, candidates are requested to bring the following mandatory particulars along with them:
- 2 copies of e-Hall ticket.
- 1 photocopy of application form.
- Any 1 of the valid Id proofs: Passport / Driving License / EC Voter ID card / IT PAN card or School / College ID card.
Candidates are requested to read all the instructions for attending the online exam before attempting MU OET 2018.
MU OET 2018 Exam Centers
MU OET 2018 online entrance examination is conducted at centers all over India at 50 centers including the top cities like:
MU OET Exam center 2018 selected by candidate at the time of form filling will be final and will not be allowed to change by candidates under any circumstances. However, the conducting authority, Manipal University reserves all the rights to allow or change any exam center in case of emergency or if a request for change of exam center is made by an applying candidate under unexpected situations.
MU OET 2018 Exam Pattern
MU OET 2018 is to be held only through online mode. Question paper of will contain 200 questions from Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English and General Aptitude. Appearing candidates will be allotted 2 hours and 30 minutes to complete the exam. The candidates must have a clear idea about the MU OET exam pattern before they start their preparations.
Brief details on exam pattern are given below:
- The number of questions and marks depends on the course selected for admission and differs for each course.
- This exam consists of 2 to 4 sections which differ based on the course applied for.
- For the undergraduate degree course exams, there is no provision for negative marking.
- For M.Tech, M.Sc tests, a correct answer will be awarded 4 marks and the wrong answer will in a deduction of 1 mark, while unanswered question will receive no mark.
For MU OET weightage for each subject for the degree courses B.Tech, B.Pharm, PharmD is given in the below table.
|Subjects||Total no. of questions|
|English & General Aptitude||30|
Exam Pattern Highlights Table for B.Tech, B.Pharm, PharmD Courses
|Mode of Examination||Online|
|Number of Questions||200|
|Type of questions||Multiple choice questions|
|Duration of Exam||2 hours 30 minutes|
|Sections in Paper||4|
MU OET 2018 Syllabus
Syllabus for MU OET 2018 differs according to the course applied. B.Tech and other courses syllabus will be comprised Physics, Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry & General English. The syllabus is based on the 10+2 level followed by major 10+2 Boards /Universities.
Brief information of undergraduate degree course exam syllabus is given below:
- For Physics: The syllabus portions are Measurement, Kinematics, Force and Motion, Work and Energy, Rotational Motion and Rigid Body, Gravitation, Properties of Matter, Heat and Thermodynamics, Oscillations and Waves, Electrostatics, Current Electricity and Magnetism, Electromagnetic Waves, Optics, Modern Physics, Electronic Devices, Communication Systems & Experimental Skills.
- For Chemistry: The syllabus portions are Physical Chemistry, Inorganic Chemistry & Organic Chemistry.
- For Mathematics: The syllabus portions are Partial Functions, Logarithms, Mathematical Induction, Binomial Theorem, Analytical Geometry, Limits & Continuity, Trigonometry, Vectors, Circles, Differentiation, Integration, Probability.
- For General English: The questions will be framed in the form of spotting of errors, vocabulary and sentence improvement.
The books which can be taken as a reference book by candidates appearing for MU OET 2018 are given below.
|S. No.||Name of the Book||Publisher or Author|
|1||Solved Papers & 5 Mock Tests for Manipal UGET(MAHE) Engineering Entrance Test||Arihant Experts|
|2||Solved Papers and 5 Mock Tests for Manipal UGET (MAHE) Engineering 2017||Arihant Experts|
MU OET 2018 Result
Controller of Examinations of Manipal University will publish the Results of MU OET 2018 through online mode on their website. The result can be viewed by entering the application number. Candidates should keep the printouts of the result for the Counselling & admission process. Candidates will be able to check their results in the third week of May 2018.
Below are the steps to be followed to download MU OET 2018 result:
- Visit the official website of Manipal University and click on MU OET 2018 results link.
- Enter your application number and password.
- Click on the submit button.
- MU OET 2018 result will be displayed on the screen.
- Download and take a printout of the result for future reference.
The minimum cut off marks decided by the Manipal University for OET 2018 will be the criteria required to qualify the examination. It will be announced as soon as the release of MU OET 2018 results. Manipal University OET previous year cutoff ranks for top courses or degree are given below:
|Course Department||Cut off Marks|
|Computer Science Engineering||19|
|Electronics & Communication Engineering||37|
|Information Technology Engineering||66|
MU OET 2018 Counselling
Counselling process starting date of Manipal University OET 2018 is tentatively given as first week of June 2018. Cut off marks will be minimum marks required to qualify for examination, admission and it will be announced soon after the release of OET 2018 entrance exam result. Candidates meeting the minimum cut off mark requirements and having met the eligibility criteria will be called for the counselling rounds.[
Below are the processes involved in MU OET 2018 counselling:
- Cut off marks given by Manipal University for OET 2018 will be minimum marks required to qualify in the examination.
- Candidates meeting the minimum cut off mark requirements and having met the eligibility criteria will be called for the counselling rounds.
- First round of counselling will be certificate verification.
- After that process is completed successfully, based on the availability of seat students will be allocated colleges based on their cut off rank obtained.
Mandatory Documents for Counselling
Below are the mandatory documents to be brought by candidates at the time of counselling.
- MU OET 2018 e-Hall Ticket.
- OET 2018 Scorecard.
- Counselling call letter.
- Original copy of 10th class mark sheet.
- Original copy of 12th class mark sheet.
- Under graduate degree certificate (if applicable).
- Marks sheets of all the qualifying exams and degree.
- Post graduate diploma certificate (if applicable).
- Conduct certificate or Character certificate from the last studied institution.