MHT CET 2018 Exam Dates and Application Form
MHT CET (Maharashtra Health and Technical Common Entrance Test) is conducted by DTE Maharashtra for admission in engineering and technology courses, health science and pharmacy courses. DTE Maharashtra will conduct MHT CET 2018 on May 10. The entrance test of MHT CET will be held for 2 papers – Paper I for Mathematics and Paper II for Physics and Chemistry. Check MHT CET Exam Dates
Latest: Candidates can fill MHT CET Application Form 2018 till March 25, 2018
- Candidates can apply online on www.dtemaharashtra.gov.in.
- MHT CET Admit Card will be released from April 24 to May 10, 2018.
- Candidates must pass their HSC/12th or its equivalent examination from a recognized board. Check MHT CET Eligibility Criteria
- MHT CET Syllabus is comprised – Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics. 20% questions will be asked from the class 11th syllabus & 80% from class 12th syllabus.
- For B.Tech, need to attempt 150 questions while health sciences candidates have to attempt 200 questions. Check MHT CET Exam Pattern
- For Pharmacy courses, questions may vary from 150 to 250.
- MHT CET Result 2018 will be announced On or before June 3, 2018.
- It is important to note that the score of MHT CET 2018 will be valid for the same academic year only.
MHT CET 2018 Exam Highlights
|Exam Name||Maharashtra Health and Technical Common Entrance Test (MHT CET)|
|Conducting Body||Directorate of Technical Education, Maharashtra State|
|Exam Type||State Level|
|Exam Date||May 10, 2018|
|Eligibility Criteria||50% aggregate in 10+2 examination with Mathematics & Physics as compulsory subjects|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Exam Mode||OMR Sheet Marking|
|Duration||3 papers of 1 hour 30 minutes each|
MHT CET 2018 Exam Dates
The official schedule of MHT CET exam date is given here:
|MHT CET 2018 Application Dates||January 18, 2018||MHT CET Application ends on March 25, 2018|
|Online registration & Confirmation of Application Form (with additional Late Fee of INR 500)||March 26 – March 31, 2018||-|
|Availability of MHT CET Admit Card||April 24 – May 10, 2018||Download Admit Card from dtemaharashtra.gov.in|
|MHT CET 2018 Exam date||May 10, 2018||No age limit to Apply|
|Availability of Answer Key||4th week of May 2018||No marks will be deducted for incorrect answer|
|Declaration of MHT CET 2018 Result||On or before June 3, 2018||Check MHT CET Result online at dtemaharashtra.gov.in|
MHT CET 2018 Eligibility
The basic eligibility for MHT CET is that candidates must have passed class 12th from a recognized board or equivalent. The separate eligibility conditions for all the courses have been given below:
For Engineering Courses
- Candidates should be Indian National.
- Candidates must have passed class 12th exam or HSC examination with subjects namely, Physics, Chemistry, English and Mathematics/ Biotechnology/ Biology/Technical Vocational subject.
- Minimum 50% aggregate marks (45% aggregate marks for reserved category candidates) must be obtained.
For Pharmacy courses
Applicant must have completed class 12th with English, Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/ Biology /Biotechnology/ Technical Vocational subject. For candidates of general category, the minimum percentage criteria is 45% and for reserved category, it is 40%.There is no age limit applicable for this course.
For Allied Health Science Courses
To admit candidates to various allied health science courses, MHT CET 2018 Eligibility states that candidates must have completed class 12th exam with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English as main subjects. Candidate must be born on or after 2001.
MHT CET 2018 Application Form
MHT CET 2018 Application Form can be filled by visiting the online application portal. MHT CET 2018 Application Form can be filled from January 18, 2018 till March 25, 2018. The application process includes these steps:
Step 1: Registration
- Visit the official website of MHT CET and look for ‘registration link’.
- Click on ‘new user’ and enter details like email ID, phone number, password, etc.
- You will get a unique user id and password on the registered email id or contact number.
Step 2: Form Filling
Fill the MH CET 2018 Application Form and provide your personal and academic details carefully before submitting them. Also, reservation information needs to be filled along with other details.
Step 3: Uploading documents
Upload your passport size photograph clicked on a white background and a scanned copy of your signature. Photograph size should be in .jpg format ranging from 15kb-50 kb. The signature should be done with black ink and should be scanned at 200 dpi. The size of the signature should range from 5kb-20kb.
Step 4: Payment of Application Fee
The application fee can be via online as well as offline mode. The application fee for MHT CET 2018 is INR 800 for General category, while candidates of reserved categories should pay INR 600. If a candidate opts for the online method of payment, he/she will have to use net banking facility or payment through credit card/debit card. The offline payment can be done through e-challan which will be generated automatically.
MHT CET 2018 Admit Card
The admit card will be released from April 24 to May 10, 2018.. Candidates must go through all the details written on the admit card and then download it by following the steps given below:
- Visit the official website of MHT CET and click on ‘admit card’ link.
- Enter the user id and password.
- Click on ‘submit’, your admit card will be displayed on the screen
- Take out multiple copies of MHT CET 2018 Admit Card.
MHT CET 2018 Admit Card will contain the exam center and address allocated to every candidate. It will also contain the date and time of the examination. Candidates will have to check the details mentioned in the admit card and report in case of any discrepancies.
MHT CET 2018 Exam Pattern
MHT CET 2018 exam consists of 3 sections- Paper I will comprise of Physics and Chemistry, Paper II will be based on Botany and Zoology while Paper III will include questions related to Mathematics. Candidates appearing for an engineering course can attempt 150 questions, for health sciences, 200 questions can be attempted. Those appearing for Pharmacy courses can attempt 150, 200 or 250 questions.
Other highlights of MHT CET 2018 Exam Pattern are:
- The exam will be pen-paper based.
- The questions will be multiple choice objective type.
- The applicants of engineering degree programs will have to appear for Paper I and Paper III.
- The applicants of health science degree and other courses will have to appear for Paper I and Paper III.
- No penalty will be levied for wrong answers.
|Paper||Subject||Number of questions||Marks||Total marks|
MHT CET 2018 Syllabus
Candidates appearing for MHT CET 2018 exam must prepare for it thoroughly from class 12th board syllabus of HSC Board of Maharashtra. The subjects covered in MHT CET 2018 exam are- Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics as stated by DTE (Directorate of Technical Education) Maharashtra. Understand the complete MHT CET Syllabus & clear each and every single concept from text books.
MHT CET 2018 Important Books
|Book Name||Author Name||ISBN|
|Complete Reference Manual MHT CET for Physics||Arihant Publishers||9352038622|
|Complete Reference Manual MHT CET for Chemistry||Arihant Publishers||9352038606|
|Complete Reference Manual MHT CET for Mathematics||Dr. Sushil Verma||9350941449|
|24 Practice Papers for MHT CET Engineering 2016||Arihant Publications||9385929836|
|Complete Reference Manual MHT CET Biology 2016||Arihant Publications||9352038592|
MHT CET 2018 Results
To access MHT CET 2018 Result, candidates will have to visit the official website of DTE Maharashtra. The results will be out On or before June 3, 2018. The results obtained in the MHT CET 2018 will be valid for one year only. The provisional answer key will be available for candidates before the announcement of results.
Candidates can access the results by following the steps given below:
- Go to the official website of MHT CET and search ‘result’ link.
- Enter your MHT CET roll number.
- Click on submit and the result will be displayed on your screen.
- Take the printed copy of MHT CET 2018 Results at the time of counselling along with other required documents.
MHT CET 2018 Counselling
A candidate must qualify to the cut off list which will be released by the conducting authorities. Candidates whose names are mentioned in the merit list will be eligible to apply for MHT CET 2018 Counselling.
- The process of MHT CET 2018 Counselling for Engineering and Medical Courses will begin in June 2018.
- Candidates interested in MHT CET 2018 Counselling for Engineering will have to register themselves at Central Admission Process (CAP) in the first week of June 2018 itself.
- The first two rounds will be through CAP (Centralized Counselling Process).
- The 3rd offline round will be only for Maharashtra state candidates. In the third level counselling, the reserved seats will be treated as General seats.
- MH CET 2018 Counselling for the Medical stream will be initiated from June second week of June 2018 at MHT CET Regional Centres allotted to candidates according to their test venue.
- Candidates can check their Counselling Dates at the regional centers for different categories.
- Candidates will be required to fill preference form for counselling rounds to indicate the choice of colleges and courses in decreasing order of preference.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College