AIMA has announced MAT September Result online on September 21, 2017. Candidates can visit the official website of AIMA i.e. aima.in to download their MAT Score Card. They can log in using their roll number, application form number and month of the test to access the same.
- MAT Score Card represents the overall and sectional marks secured.
- MAT Scorecard provides the Composite score and percentile obtained by candidates.
- It is also sent to every candidate by post.
- AIMA has also made open a provision to check MAT Result on SMS.
- The result of MAT 2017 is valid for one year.
- This year, MAT Cut Off is expected to rise, considering the increase in number of test takers. All candidates must attain the minimum qualifying marks to apply to different institutes.
- All participating institutes will also release their separate category-wise cutoffs.
- The qualifying candidates are then called by MAT Participating Colleges for a Written Ability Test, followed by a Group Discussion/ Personal Interview round.
- Candidates who finally get selected participate in MAT Counselling. This year, the counselling rounds will begin from October 2017.
MAT will be conducted on September 3 (offline) and September 9 (online). It is a popular exam for candidates seeking admission to management courses in Finance, HR, Marketing, Operations and International Business.
Highlights of MAT Result
|MAT Result Date 2017 (September)||September 21, 2017|
|MAT Result is declared by ||All India Management Association (AIMA)|
|MAT Official Website||www.aima.in|
|Details required to check MAT Result||Roll Number, Application Form Number, and Month of Test|
|Validity of MAT Result 2017||1 year|
|MAT Result on SMS||MATS Form No. DOB (ddmmyy) to 54242|
|MAT Result is applicable to|
700+ MBA programs
MAT Result Date 2017 (Announced)
AIMA generally declares MAT Result after 15 days of the exam date. It will next declare the result for September session. MAT Sep Result 2017 is annonuced today i.e. September 21, 2017. Find all the important result dates of MAT 2017 below:
|MAT Feb Result 2017||February 23, 2017|
|MAT May Result 2017||May 24, 2017|
|MAT Sep Result 2017||September 21, 2017|
|MAT Dec Result 2017||Last week of December 2017|
How to Check MAT Result 2017?
- MAT Sep Result 2017 is announced online.
- Keep handy your roll number, application form number and month of test to check the same.
- Steps to check MAT result are as follows:
- Visit the official website of AIMA i.e. aima.in
- Click on the “MAT 2017 RESULT” tab
- A log-in screen will open. Enter your roll number, form number and month of test
- Click Submit to view your MAT Scorecard
- Download Result for future reference
MAT Result on SMS
- AIMA provides the Result of MAT Exam on SMS to all the candidates who appeared.
- This facility has been introduced to ease the whole result checking procedure.
- To get MAT Result on SMS, the candidate can send the following message-
“MATS Form No. DOB (ddmmyy) to 54242”.
For example- MATS 200492 031480 to 54242.
Note- The contact number is applicable to all phone operators.
MAT 2017 Score Card
- MAT Score Card 2017 is a document issued by All India Management Association (AIMA) once result is declared.
- Candidates may view/download MAT Score from aima.in or check it through SMS.
- It is also dispatched through normal post during the last week of the month of the test.
- The score card represents the marks scored in different subjects of MAT (Language Comprehension, Mathematical Skills, Data Analysis and Sufficiency, Intelligence and Critical Reasoning, and Indian and Global Environment).
- MAT score is valid for one year from the month of its declaration.
- Candidates may clarify queries regarding MAT Score, if any, at e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org and at helpline 011-47673020.
- MAT Score is accepted in nearly 600 B-Schools across India.
Details on MAT Score Card
The details mentioned in the score card are:
- Name of the candidate
- Form No.
- Test month and year
- Roll No.
- Date of birth
- Work experience in months
- Scaled scores in different subjects
Duplicate MAT Score Card
- Candidates who did not receive their score card can apply for a duplicate score card.
- The queries for a duplicate score card will be entertained by the authorities only after the 15th of the subsequent month.
- The procedure for obtaining the duplicate score card is as follows:
- Candidate has to submit an application on a plain paper requesting for a duplicate score card.
- Photocopy of the lower half of the admit card, which was signed by the invigilator or some Govt. ID proof.
- On a self-addressing envelope of 24cm by 12cm size, the address must be written in capital letters and a postal stamp must be affixed of INR 40 to send by Speed Post.
- The above-mentioned document must be then sent to:
Manager - CMS
All India Management Association
14, Institutional Area
New Delhi – 110003
- All applications for a duplicate score card, until 45 days of the declaration of MAT result, will be entertained free of cost.
- Any late applications will be charged with INR 100 in the form of a Demand Draft drawn in favor of All India Management Association, payable at Delhi.
How to Calculate MAT Score?
We all know that MAT Exam is held after every 3 months. All of these test papers may vary in difficulty each time. These slight differences are accounted for during the scaling process. As a result of these adjustments, equal scaled scores in MAT result represent about the same level of ability, as measured by the MAT test, regardless of the administration or when MAT exam was taken.
MAT Result will represent scores of 6 subjects viz. Language Comprehension, Mathematical Skills, Data Analysis & Sufficiency, Intelligence & Critical Reasoning and Indian & Global Environment.
Here are some important points about them:
- Scores for all sections except Indian & Global Environment are reported on scales ranging from 0-100. Here, the score below 20 or above 80 is rare.
- In MAT 2017 (September), composite scores will be reported on a scale ranging from 199 to 801. Here, scores below 200 and above 800 is rare.
- These uncommon scores in result i.e. all below 200 are reported as 199 and all above 800 are reported as 801.
- For the subject Indian & Global Environment, a separate score is calculated on a scale of 0-100. This section is not considered while calculating the percentile score and merit position. Here, scores below 20 or above 80 are rare.
- Composite score in MAT is calulated with these 4 subjects only since they relate to specific skills that one acquires over a long period of time. Hence, all these sectiona carry equal marks.
- Along with these scores, a percentile figure is also given below the score in the score card for Result. Each of these indicates the percentage of examinees who scored below the Candidate based on the entire MAT testing population for the test. The percentile figure in MAT result may change marginally with each MAT exam.
Read More About MAT Score Validity
MAT 2017 Cut off
- MAT Cutoff is the minimum qualifying percentage which is released by AIMA. This cutoff is used for the selection of candidates.
- Other than official cut off released by AIMA, the participating colleges of MAT also release their separate cutoff.
- Candidates fulfilling the minimum cutoff criteria can apply using their MAT Score card. It can be downloaded from the official website.
- It is expected that MAT cut off will go high this year. The reason behind the high cut off is the number of candidates appearing for the exam, level of difficulty of the exam and reservation norms.
- The expected MAT Cut off for the top B-Schools is given below.
|B-Schools||Expected MAT 2017 Cutoff Scores|
|Xavier Institute of Management & Entrepreneurship||700|
|Institute of Public Enterprise, Hyderabad||650|
|Balaji Institute of Modern Management, Pune||600|
|PSG Institute of Management, Coimbatore||600|
|Amity Business School, Noida||500|
|Alliance School of Business, Bangalore||500|
|IFIM Business School||500|
Check Top B-Schools accepting MAT Score above 600
MAT 2017 Selection Process
- The selection process varies from B-School to B-School. Usually, after the candidate has taken the entrance test, a merit list is issued by the colleges and accordingly, candidates are called for the next step of the admission process. This includes group discussion and personal interview.
- If a candidate clears the group discussion and personal interview as per the rules of the college, he is granted admission to his chosen course and college.
- Some colleges also have additional selection criteria of written ability test or essay writing rounds along, with the GD and PI rounds.
- The majority of the management colleges now give higher weightage to a candidate’s performance in the written test. This is so because it is easier to judge a candidate’s view-points while he is writing, unlike in GD/PI. Also, a soft-spoken candidate often loses his chance in a GD round. So, we advise you to score well in MAT 2017.
- This year, MAT Counselling will begin from October 2017 onwards, for admission to more than 700 MBA programs.
- Registration for online counselling is important in order to participate in it on the provided date.
- Submission of counselling fee should also be done online.