MAT 2017 Exam Date, Paper Analysis, Result, Cutoff
Management Aptitude Test (MAT) is a national level entrance test, held for admissions to MBA/PGDM programs. Nearly 600 B- schools in India accept MAT Score. It is conducted under the guidance of All India Management Association (AIMA).
Here are all the key details about MAT 2017 (September):
- AIMA will release MAT Result in the last week of September 2017.
- MAT Cut off 2017 for top B-schools is expected to be higher. For the top B-Schools, it may touch 95+ percentile.
- This year, MAT Counselling will begin from October 2017 onwards, for admission to more than 700 MBA programs.
- MAT September 2017 was successfully conducted on September 3 (offline) and September 9 (online) in 51 cities.
- There was no change in MAT Exam Pattern for September session. There were 40 objective questions from each section (Data Analysis & Sufficiency, Language Comprehension, Intelligence & Critical Reasoning, Mathematical Skills and Indian & Global Environment).
- MAT Registration for September session closed on September 4, 2017 (online mode) and August 29, 2017 (offline mode).
MAT Exam is conducted four times a year (February, May, September, and December). The next session is scheduled in December 2017. More than 3 lakh candidates appear for it annually.
Highlights of MAT 2017
|MAT Exam 2017 Highlights|
|Name of the Exam||MAT (Management Aptitude Test)|
|Conducting Authority||AIMA (All India Management Association)|
|Periodicity||Four times a year|
|Mode of Application||Online and Offline|
|Mode of Exam||Offline and Online|
|Type and Number of Questions||200 Objective Type Questions|
|Validity of MAT Score||1 year|
|MAT Helpdesk||011-47673020 or firstname.lastname@example.org|
Here is a quick glace at MAT 2017. Watch our PPT below:
MAT Exam Dates 2017 (Announced)
With the completion of MAT May 2017, the schedule for MAT September 2017 has been devised. The table below consists of all the events and dates which candidates need to keep in mind for the successful writing of MAT September 2017 Exam:
|Availability of MAT 2017 Application Form||July 03, 2017|
|Last date to complete MAT Registration (offline)||August 29, 2017|
|Last date for MAT Online Registration||September 4, 2017|
|Release of MAT 2017 Admit Card||August 29, 2017|
|MAT September 2017 (offline test)||September 03, 2017|
|MAT 2017 September (computer based test)||September 09, 2017|
|Declaration of MAT 2017 Result||Last week of September 2017|
Check MAT Exam Dates
MAT Eligibility Criteria 2017
All candidates looking to apply for MAT 2017 (September) must check their eligibility to appear for the exam. Only the ones who fulfill these will be eligible to fill MAT Application Form.
- The basic eligibility criteria for appearing in MAT is you should be a graduate in any discipline from any recognized university or possess an equivalent recognized degree.
- Candidates are eligible to apply irrespective of the subjects studied in their under-graduation. These under-graduation streams could be Medicine, Engineering, Commerce or even Political Science.
- The minimum pass marks vary institute-wise.
- Candidates in final year of graduation are eligible to apply for MAT on conditional basis. Admission will be granted on conditional basis i.e. candidates will be required to clear the final year exam before starting their studies in a management school.
- It is not required for a candidate to have prior work experience. However, information about work experience may be asked during the application.
- There is no limit on age.
- There is no restriction on the number of attempts in MAT Exam.
Read More MAT Eligibility Criteria
MAT Registration 2017
- MAT Registration 2017 for September session can be done via both online (aima.in) and offline (purchasing MAT bulletin) modes.
- The last date to fill MAT September Application Form is September 4, 2017 (online mode) and August 29, 2017 (offline mode).
- All candidates purchasing MAT Bulletin will be required to affix their photograph and sign the printout and them send it to AIMA.
- Completing MAT Registration in online mode primarily involves 3 steps – Filling Application Form, Uploading Photograph & Signature and Payment of Application Fee.
- Here is how you can register for MAT in online mode:
- Visit the official website of AIMA i.e. aima.in.
- Click on “Apply for MAT 2017” button to navigate to the registration page of MAT.
- Keep ready a valid e-mail ID & a mobile number to complete the registration process as well as for future correspondences.
- Choose a password of 8 to 13 characters with a capital letter, a small letter, a special character and a number.
- Upload scanned images i.e., coloured passport size recent photograph and signature adhering to the prescribed format. Check MAT 2017 Photo Size, Dimension, Format and Other Details
- Pay the stipulated application fee using either Debit Card/Credit Card/Net Banking or Demand Draft.
- Recheck all the information and submit the form.
MAT Application Fee
- The fee for MAT Exam can be paid through Credit card/debit card, net banking, demand draft or cash payment.
- The application form fee for all the candidates is INR 1400/-.
- There is no fee concession for the reserved category.
- In case a candidate has chosen Demand Draft, he has to make a DD in favor of “All India Management Association” payable at Delhi.
- The DD should reach the following address on or before the last day of submission of MAT Application Form-
MAT Admit Card 2017
- The Admit Card for MAT is issued by All India Management Association.
- MAT Sept Admit Card 2017 will release on August 29, 2017.
- All candidates who successfully register themselves will be able to download MAT Hall Ticket from the official website of AIMA i.e. aima.in.
- Separate admit cards will be issued for online and offline exams.
- It will contain details such as the language of paper, exam center, date & time slot of the exam, roll number and photo of the candidate.
- Do not forget to carry any one of your photo identity proofs to the exam hall.
- In case of any discrepancy observed in MAT Admit Card, candidates should immediately contact the official authority.
How to Download MAT Admit Card?
Students can follow these simple steps to download the admit card:
- Visit the official website of AIMA
- A new page will be opened on the screen.
- Enter any two details- Application Number, Date of Birth and Name.
- Click on “Submit” button.
- The admit card will be displayed on the screen.
- Candidates are suggested to take printout of the admit card for further use.
MAT Exam Centers 2017
- AIMA has released the list of MAT Exam Centers. The centers enlist the names of the cities where the exam will be conducted at multiple centers.
- MAT in offline mode is held in 51 cities, as compared to the computer-based test which is conducted in 12 cities across the country.
- MAT Exam is also conducted in Dubai and Singapore.
- While filling MAT Application Form, candidates are advised to select an exam center according to their preference.
- AIMA will preferably try to allot the chosen MAT Exam Centers filled by the candidates in the application form. The venue of exam center and instructions will be mentioned on the Admit Card.
- MAT is held in both the modes- online and paper based mode. The offline mode is scheduled for September 03, 2017 and the online mode test will take place on September 09, 2017.
MAT Exam Pattern 2017
- AIMA has not made any changes in the exam pattern of MAT 2017.
- The exam will be conducted in both online and offline modes. However, MAT Exam Pattern will remain the same.
- The paper pattern of MAT Exam describes the section-wise distribution of questions, marks, duration, etc. This will give you a fair idea about the nature of questions.
Here are the key highlights of MAT Exam Pattern:
|Highlights of MAT Exam Pattern|
|Mode of exam||Online and offline|
|Nature of questions||Objective|
|Total number of questions||200|
|Number of sections||5 (Data Analysis & Sufficiency, Language Comprehension, Intelligence & Critical Reasoning, Mathematical Skills and Indian & Global Environment.)|
|Exam duration||2 hours 30 minutes|
For each correct answer- +1 marks
For each incorrect answer- -¼ marks
Here is the section-wise exam pattern in MAT:
|Section||Number of Questions||Time Suggested (In Minutes)||Marks Allotted|
|Data Analysis & Sufficiency||40||35||40|
|Intelligence and Critical Reasoning||40||30||40|
|Indian and Global Environment||40||15||40|
MAT Paper Analysis 2017 (May)
- MAT (offline) was conducted on May 7, 2017. The offline exam was held in a single shift.
- Overall, the paper was of moderate difficulty level and an attempt of 105 to 120 questions can be considered as a good attempt.
- A few questions in Indian & Global Environment section turned trickier and time-consuming.
- The Data Analysis & Sufficiency section was a bit tricky.
- Here is a section-wise analysis of MAT May 2017:
|Section||Total Questions||Level of Difficulty||Approximate time taken (in mins)|
|Intelligence and Critical reasoning||40||Moderate||22-26|
|Mathematical skills||40||Moderate to Difficult||25-28|
|Data analysis and sufficiency||40||Quite tough||20-25|
|Indian and Global environment||40||Easy to moderate||17-22|
Check complete MAT Paper Analysis
MAT Syllabus 2017
- The syllabus for MAT contains questions of graduation level.
- It is designed to test a candidate’s general aptitude.
- MAT Syllabus is divided into 5 sections- Language Comprehension, Mathematical Skills, Intelligence and Critical Reasoning, Data Analysis & Sufficiency and Indian and Global Environment.
- We suggest you start your preparations beforehand so that you are thorough with all important topics.
- Here are some of the most important topics in MAT Exam:
|Mathematical Skills||Data Analysis & Sufficiency||Intelligence & Critical Reasoning||Language Comprehension||Indian & Global Environment|
|Geometry||Graphs||Critical Reasoning||Verbal Reasoning||Geography|
|Arithmetic Progression||Column Graphs||Visual Reasoning||Syllogisms||Current Affairs|
|Installment Payments||Bar Graphs||Assumption-Premise-Conclusion||Contextual usage||Business|
|Ratios and Proportions||Line Charts||Assertion and reasons||Analogies||Major corporate events|
|Arithmetic Mean||Pie Charts||Statements and assumptions||Sentence completion||Science|
|Logarithm||Graphs representing Area||Matrix arrangements||Idioms||Social issues|
|Work and Time||Venn Diagram||Coding and Decoding||Sentence Correction||International organizations|
Preparation Books for MAT 2017
There are many books available in markets these days. But, to gain a safe percentile, you need to make a safe choice. Thus, for MAT Preparation, go through the enlisted books which use simple yet effective language, so that all your fundamentals are cleared.
- Mission MBA guide by B.S. Sijwali and Tarun Goyal by Arihant
- MAT entrance exam with practice CD by GKP
- The Pearson MAT super course with CD by Pearson
- Study package for MAT by Arun Sharma
- 10 challengers MAT: 10 mock tests for MAT by Dharmendra Mittal
- MAT score accelerator by Disha publications
- MAT solved papers by Disha experts
- Barron’s guide for MAT by Eugene D. Jaffe
- MAT Entrance guide by Deepak Aggarwal
MAT Result 2017
- MAT Result (Sept.) is expected to release in the last week of September 2017.
- MAT Scorecards will be available at the official website only.
- An individual copy of the score card along with photograph is also sent by normal post to the address furnished by the candidate during MAT Registration.
- MAT Score is valid for 1 year only.
- Nearly 600 B-Schools in India accept MAT Result.
How to Check MAT Result?
MAT Result for September session will be announced on the official website of AIMA. Keep handy your roll number, application form number and password to check the same. Steps to check MAT result are as follows:
- Visit the official website of AIMA at www.aima.in
- Under the Quick Links Tab, select MAT Result
- A log-in screen will open.
- Enter your roll number, form number and month of test
- Click Submit to view your MAT Scorecard
- Download Result for future reference
MAT Result on SMS
MAT Result can also be checked via SMS. Write MATS FORMNO DOB(ddmmyy) to 54242.
- For e.g.: MATS 200193 030992 to 54242
Read MAT Result on SMS
Applying to MAT Participating Colleges
Candidates have to apply to MAT Participating Colleges before or after the exam for which they want to take the admission. They can apply for the 5 colleges. For applying to the colleges, follow the given below procedure:
- Visit the official website
- Click on the link for the applying in colleges
- Enter the Registration Number and DOB
- Click on submit button
- Apply for the colleges
- Save the form
MAT 2017 Cut Off
- MAT Cut Offwill be announced by AIMA after the declaration of the result in September 2017.
- It is expected that MAT cut off will go high this year. The reason behind the high cut off is the number of candidates appearing for the exam, level of difficulty of the exam and reservation norms. These are some of the factors that affect MAT Cut Off.
- The participating institutes will release their separate category-wise cutoffs.
- All candidates securing the minimum required cutoff will proceed towards the pre-admission rounds (Group Discussion (GD), Personal Interview (PI) and Written Ability Test (WAT)) of the participating B-Schools.
- Candidates fulfilling the minimum cutoff criteria can apply using their MAT Score card. It can be downloaded from the official website.
Expected MAT Cut off 2017
Given below is the Expected MAT Cut Off for September 2017 session based on previous year cut off trends:
|B-Schools||Expected MAT 2017 Cutoff Scores|
|Xavier Institute of Management & Entrepreneurship||700|
|Institute of Public Enterprise, Hyderabad||650|
|Balaji Institute of Modern Management, Pune||600|
|PSG Institute of Management, Coimbatore||600|
|Amity Business School, Noida||500|
|Alliance School of Business, Bangalore||500|
|IFIM Business School||500|
|Acharya Institute of Management & Sciences||500|
|SRM school and SRM University||500|
|Christ Institute of Management||400|
Read More MAT Cut Off
MAT Counselling 2017
- After the declaration of the result, the MAT Counselling rounds will be conducted for admission to MBA and PGDM programs in the participating colleges.
- Candidates can find the counseling notification on the official website of AIMA at aima.in.
- They will be allotted seats in the colleges based on their scores in the exam.
- Registration for online counselling is important in order to participate in it on the provided date.
- Submission of counselling fee should also be done online.
- Candidates can also apply for offline counselling, in this, the candidates need to report at the allocated reporting centre.
- At the time ofMAT Counselling, it is essential to bring all your documents such as admit card, rank card, original certificates, caste certificates if any and at least6 passport size black and white and color photographs.