MAT Dec 2017 Result Date, Answer Key, Analysis
Management Aptitude Test (MAT) is a national level entrance test, held for admissions to MBA/PGDM programs. Nearly 600 B- schools in India accept MAT Score. All India Management Association (AIMA) conducts MAT four times a year (February, May, September, and December).
- MAT 2017 Answer Key and Analysis for December session has released. The exam was of moderate-tough level.
- MAT December 2017 was successfully conducted on December 10 (offline) and 16 (online). Check MAT 2017 Analysis
- AIMA will now declare MAT Dec 2017 Result in the fourth week of December at its official website.
- MAT Scorecard, containing sectional and overall scores, is also sent by post. MAT Score Validity is one year. Read MAT 2017 Score Calculation & Composite Score
- For Top MAT Colleges, the cutoff is expected totouch 95+ percentile. Qualifying candidates will be called for a Written Ability Test, followed by a Group Discussion/ Personal Interview round. Read How to Outstand the Interview after Clearing MAT 2017?
Highlights of MAT 2017
|MAT Exam 2017 Highlights|
|MAT Full Form||MAT (Management Aptitude Test)|
|Conducting Authority||AIMA (All India Management Association)|
|Periodicity||Four times a year|
|MAT Official Website||www.aima.in|
|Mode of Application||Online and Offline|
|Mode of Exam||Offline and Online|
|Type and Number of Questions||200 Objective Type Questions|
|Validity of MAT Score||1 year|
|MAT Helpdesk||011-47673020 or email@example.com|
MAT Exam Dates 2017
With the completion of MAT September 2017, the schedule for MAT December 2017 has been devised. The table below consists of all the events and dates which candidates need to keep in mind for the successful writing of MAT December 2017 Exam:
|Availability of MAT 2017 Application Form||October 5- December 1, 2017||MAT 2017 Registration closed now|
|Release of MAT 2017 Admit Card||December 2, 2017||MAT Dec 2017 Admit Card released at aima.in|
|MAT 2017 Exam Date|
Offline exam- December 10, 2017
Online exam- December 16, 2017
|Subject-wise MAT Exam Pattern|
|Declaration of MAT 2017 Result||Last week of December 2017||MAT 2017 Result Date to release soon|
MAT Eligibility Criteria 2017
- Graduation in any discipline or an equivalent recognized degree
- The minimum pass marks vary institute-wise.
- Final year students can apply on provisional basis.
- Prior work experience is not mandatory.
- No specific limit on age.
- No restriction on the number of attempts.
Read More MAT Eligibility Criteria 2017
MAT Registration 2017
- MAT December Registration concluded on December 1, 2017.
- MAT 2017 Application Form was available in both online (aima.in) and offline (purchasing MAT bulletin) modes.
- Completing MAT 2018 Registration primarily involves 3 steps – Filling Application Form, Uploading Photograph & Signature and Payment of MAT Exam Fee.
- Here is how you can register for MAT in online mode:
- Visit MAT official website i.e. aima.in.
- Click on “Apply for MAT December 2017” button to navigate to the registration page of MAT.
- Enter your name, mobile number, date of birth and email id to register. Click Here to Register
- Fill MAT Application Form using your personal and academic details.
- Upload scanned images i.e., coloured passport size recent photograph and signature adhering to the prescribed format. Check MAT 2017 Photo Size, Dimension, Format and Other Details
- Pay the stipulated MAT exam fee using either Debit Card/Credit Card/Net Banking or Demand Draft.
- Recheck all the information and submit the form.
MAT Exam Fee
- The fee for MAT Exam can be paid through Credit card/debit card, net banking, demand draft or cash payment.
- The application form fee for all the candidates is INR 1500/-.
- There is no fee concession for the reserved category.
- In case a candidate has chosen Demand Draft, he has to make a DD in favor of “All India Management Association” payable at Delhi.
- The DD should reach the following address on or before the last day of submission of MAT Application Form-
MAT Admit Card 2017
- The last date to download MAT Dec Admit Card was December 16.
- Separate admit cards are issued for online and offline exams.
- It contains details such as the language of paper, exam center, date & time slot of the exam, roll number and photo of the candidate.
- In case of any discrepancy observed in MAT 2017 Admit Card, candidates should immediately contact the official authority.
How to Download MAT December 2017 Admit Card?
Students can follow these simple steps to download the admit card:
- Visit the official website of AIMA
- A new page will be opened on the screen.
- Enter any two details- Application Number, Date of Birth and Name.
- Click on “Submit” button.
- The admit card will be displayed on the screen.
- Candidates are suggested to take printout of the admit card for further use.
MAT Exam Centers 2017
- AIMA has released the list of MAT Exam Centers. The centers enlist the names of the cities where the exam will be conducted at multiple centers.
- MAT in offline mode is held in 51 cities, as compared to the computer-based test which is conducted in 12 cities across the country.
- MAT Exam is also conducted in Dubai and Singapore.
- While filling MAT Application Form, candidates are advised to select an exam center according to their preference.
- AIMA will preferably try to allot the chosen MAT Exam Centers filled by the candidates in the application form. The venue of exam center and instructions will be mentioned on the Admit Card.
MAT Exam Pattern 2017
- AIMA has not reported any changes in the exam pattern of MAT 2017.
- MAT will be conducted in both online and offline modes. However, MAT Exam Pattern will remain the same.
- The paper pattern of MAT Exam describes the section-wise distribution of questions, marks, duration, etc. This will give you a fair idea about the nature of questions.
Here are the key highlights of MAT Exam Pattern:
|Highlights of MAT Exam Pattern|
|Mode of exam||Online and offline|
|Nature of questions||Objective|
|Total number of questions||200|
|Number of sections||5 (Data Analysis & Sufficiency, Language Comprehension, Intelligence & Critical Reasoning, Mathematical Skills and Indian & Global Environment.)|
|Exam duration||2 hours 30 minutes|
For each correct answer- +1 marks
For each incorrect answer- -¼ marks
Here is the section-wise exam pattern in MAT:
|Section||Number of Questions||Time Suggested (In Minutes)||Marks Allotted|
|Data Analysis & Sufficiency||40||35||40|
|Intelligence and Critical Reasoning||40||30||40|
|Indian and Global Environment||40||15||40|
MAT Paper Analysis 2017 (December)
- MAT (offline) was conducted on December 10, while the online exam was conducted on December 16, 2017.
- Overall, the paper was of moderate difficulty level and an attempt of 105 to 120 questions can be considered as a good attempt.
- A few questions in Indian & Global Environment section turned trickier and time-consuming.
- The Data Analysis & Sufficiency section was a bit tricky.
- Here is a section-wise analysis of MAT December 2017:
|Section||Total Questions||Level of Difficulty||Approximate time taken (in mins)|
|Intelligence and Critical reasoning||40||Moderate||22-26|
|Mathematical skills||40||Moderate to Difficult||25-28|
|Data analysis and sufficiency||40||Quite tough||20-25|
|Indian and Global environment||40||Easy to moderate||17-22|
|MAT 2017 Answer Key||MAT Paper Analysis|
MAT Syllabus 2017
- The syllabus for MAT contains questions of graduation level. It is designed to test a candidate’s general aptitude.
- MAT Syllabus is divided into 5 sections- Language Comprehension, Mathematical Skills, Intelligence and Critical Reasoning, Data Analysis & Sufficiency and Indian and Global Environment.
- Here are some of the most important topics in MAT Exam:
|Mathematical Skills||Data Analysis & Sufficiency||Intelligence & Critical Reasoning||Language Comprehension||Indian & Global Environment|
|Geometry||Graphs||Critical Reasoning||Verbal Reasoning||Geography|
|Arithmetic Progression||Column Graphs||Visual Reasoning||Syllogisms||Current Affairs|
|Installment Payments||Bar Graphs||Assumption-Premise-Conclusion||Contextual usage||Business|
|Ratios and Proportions||Line Charts||Assertion and reasons||Analogies||Major corporate events|
|Arithmetic Mean||Pie Charts||Statements and assumptions||Sentence completion||Science|
|Logarithm||Graphs representing Area||Matrix arrangements||Idioms||Social issues|
|Work and Time||Venn Diagram||Coding and Decoding||Sentence Correction||International organizations|
What are the best reference books to crack MAT?
There are many books available in markets these days. But, to gain a safe percentile, you need to make a safe choice. Thus, for MAT Preparation, go through the enlisted books which use simple yet effective language, so that all your fundamentals are cleared.
- Mission MBA guide by B.S. Sijwali and Tarun Goyal by Arihant
- MAT entrance exam with practice CD by GKP
- The Pearson MAT super course with CD by Pearson
- Study package for MAT by Arun Sharma
- 10 challengers MAT: 10 mock tests for MAT by Dharmendra Mittal
- MAT score accelerator by Disha publications
- MAT solved papers by Disha experts
- Barron’s guide for MAT by Eugene D. Jaffe
- MAT Entrance guide by Deepak Aggarwal
MAT Dec Result 2017
- The result of MAT December session is expected to release in the last week of December.
- MAT Scorecards will be available at the official website. They will also be sent via post/ checked via SMS.
- MAT Score is valid for 1 year only.
- Nearly 600 B-Schools in India accept MAT Result.
How to Check MAT 2017 Result?
MAT Result for December session will be announced on the official website of AIMA. Keep handy your roll number, application form number and password to check the same. Steps to check MAT result are as follows:
- Visit the official website of AIMA at www.aima.in
- Under the Quick Links Tab, select MAT Result
- A log-in screen will open.
- Enter your roll number, form number and month of test
- Click Submit to view your MAT Scorecard
- Download Result for future reference
MAT Result on SMS
MAT Result can also be checked via SMS. Write MATS FORMNO DOB(ddmmyy) to 54242.
- For e.g.: MATS 200193 030992 to 54242
Read MAT Result on SMS
Applying to MAT Participating Colleges
Candidates have to apply to MAT Colleges before or after the exam for which they want to take the admission. They can apply for the 5 colleges. For applying to the colleges, follow the given below procedure:
- Visit MAT official website
- Click on the link for the applying in colleges
- Enter the Registration Number and DOB
- Click on submit button
- Apply for the colleges
- Save the form
MAT 2017 Cut Off
- MAT Cut Off will be announced by AIMA in January 2018.
- It is expected that MAT cut off will go high this year. The reason behind the high cut off is the number of candidates appearing for the exam, level of difficulty of the exam and reservation norms. These are some of the factors that affect MAT Cut Off.
- The participating institutes will release their separate category-wise cutoffs.
- All candidates securing the minimum required cutoff will proceed towards the pre-admission rounds (Group Discussion (GD), Personal Interview (PI) and Written Ability Test (WAT)) of the participating B-Schools.
- Candidates fulfilling the minimum cutoff criteria can apply using their MAT Score card. It can be downloaded from MAT official website.
Expected MAT Cut off 2017
Given below is the Expected MAT Cut Off for December 2017 session based on previous year cut off trends:
|B-Schools||Expected MAT 2017 Cutoff Scores|
|Xavier Institute of Management & Entrepreneurship||700|
|Institute of Public Enterprise, Hyderabad||650|
|Balaji Institute of Modern Management, Pune||600|
|PSG Institute of Management, Coimbatore||600|
|Amity Business School, Noida||500|
|Alliance School of Business, Bangalore||500|
|IFIM Business School||500|
|Acharya Institute of Management & Sciences||500|
|SRM school and SRM University||500|
|Jaipuria Institute of Management||400|
Read More MAT Cut Off
MAT Counselling 2017
- After the declaration of the result, the MAT Counselling rounds will be conducted for admission to MBA and PGDM programs in the participating colleges.
- Candidates can find the counseling notification on the official website of AIMA at aima.in.
- They will be allotted seats in the colleges based on their scores in the exam.
- Registration for online counselling is important in order to participate in it on the provided date.
- Submission of counselling fee should also be done online.
- Candidates can also apply for offline counselling, in this, the candidates need to report at the allocated reporting centre.
- At the time of MAT Counselling, it is essential to bring all your documents such as admit card, rank card, original certificates, caste certificates if any and at least6 passport size black and white and color photographs.
MAT Exam 2018
- The first session of MAT 2018 is scheduled on February 4 (offline) and February 10 (online).
- Registration for MAT February 2018 will begin in the first week of January 2018.
- MAT Registration Fee will remain same i.e. INR 1500 for all categories.
- A tentative schedule of MAT 2018 Exam Dates is given below for your reference:
|Month||MAT 2018 Registration Date||MAT 2018 Exam Date (offline)||MAT 2018 Exam Date (online)|
|February||First week of January 2018||February 4||February 10|
|May||First week of March 2018||May 6||May 12|
|September||First week of July 2018||September 2||September 8|
|December||First week of October 2018||December 9||December 15|
MAT 2017 FAQs
Ques. What is MAT Exam?
Ans. Management Aptitude Test, commonly known as MAT, is a national-level entrance exam. It is conducted 4 times a year (February, May, September, and December). All India Management Association (AIMA) is the body responsible for conducting MAT. The exam is conducted in both online and offline modes. The results of MAT are accepted by nearly 600 B-Schools in India.
Ques. How to get into management colleges using MAT exam?
Ans. MAT Score is accepted by nearly 600 B-Schools. Admission to MBA/PGDM programs in these colleges is made with the help of MAT Result. Candidates can apply in any 5 MAT Participating Colleges by following the below steps:
- Visit the official website
- Click on the link for the applying in colleges
- Enter the Registration Number and DOB
- Click on submit button
- Apply for the colleges
- Save the form
Ques. What are the differences between CAT and MAT exam?
Ans. Some of the major differences in CAT & MAT are given below:
- Basic Eligibility- While a candidate must secure 50% marks in Graduation to apply for CAT, there is no minimum percentage required to apply for MAT.
- Mode of Exam- CAT is conducted online, while MAT is held in both online and offline modes on different dates.
- Difficulty Level- Trends reveal that CAT is much tougher that MAT, though the syllabus remains same for both the exams, with an additional section of General knowledge in MAT.
- Conducting Body- CAT is conducted by an IIM on a rotational basis, while MAT is organized by AIMA.
- Periodicity of Exam- While CAT is conducted once a year, MAT is organised 4 times a year.
- Colleges- CAT Score is accepted by Tier I institutes and B-Schools including IIMs. On the other hand, MAT is accepted by Tier II institutes and B-Schools.
Ques. Is it possible to crack MAT without coaching?
Ans. Yes, definitely! MAT is relatively easier than other management entrance exams. Practicing a number of MAT Sample Papers at home should suffice. They will give you a fair idea about the paper pattern and syllabus.
Ques. How many Management Institutes participate in MAT? Do they keep on changing or remain the same? Is there a same admission criterion for each & every Institute? Are they recognized, by AICTE?
Ans. The number of participating MI’s may vary. The number of MI’s keeps on changing from test to test. Admission criteria for every institute are different. All MIs participating in MAT are either AICTE, DEC approved, University affiliated College, University Department. For further information, you may contact the MIs/Universities of your choice. The list of various MIs/Universities is available in MAT bulletin along with the admission notification. It may be worthwhile to go through the brochure of the MIs for detailed information.
Ques.Is there any difference between Computer Based Test and Paper Based Test?
Ans.Computer Based Test means the candidate sits in front of a computer and the questions are presented on the computer monitor and the candidate submits the answers through the use of keyboard or mouse. Each computer is connected to a server, which prepares the question set and delivers it to the candidate on the computer. This is unlike the Paper Based Test, which is generally offered on a single day to all candidates. MAT is offered over a period of time and the candidate can choose the center, the day and time of his/her convenience to take the test. Computer Based Test assumes that the candidate has basic familiarity with use of computers like use of keyboard and mouse operation. It is the responsibility of the candidate to acquire these skills before appearing in the test and AIMA cannot take responsibility for the same. In traditional Paper Based Test, Candidate is supposed to bring Pen, HB-Pencils, Erasers and Sharper with him/her whereas the Question Paper & OMR Answer Sheet is provided at the Test Centre. Read Appearing for MAT 2017? Choose wisely from PBT mode or CBT mode