MAH CET 2018 Exam Date, Application Form, Syllabus
MAH CET 2018 is scheduled for March 10 & 11 for admission to MBA/MMS/PGDM/ PGDBM program. Maharashtra Common Entrance Test is a state-level exam, conducted by Directorate of Technical Education (DTE) Maharashtra.
- MAH CET 2018 Application Form will be available from 3rd week of January- 2nd week of February.
- The registration process is online and the application fee is INR 1000 for GEN/ OBC category (INR 800 for SC/ ST/ PWD).
- MAH CET Eligibility Criteria requires a candidate to possess a Bachelor’s degree.
- Successfully registered candidates will appear in an online exam of 2.5 hours. Questions from Abstract Reasoning, Quantitative Reasoning, Verbal Ability/ Reading Comprehension and Logical Reasoning will be asked. Check MAHCET Syllabus
- MAH CET 2018 Result is expected to be declared in 3rd week of March 2018.
- DTE Maharashtra will begin the CAP (Centralized Admission Process) from March 10 onwards.
MAH CET 2018 Highlights
|Exam||Maharashtra Common Entrance Test|
|Conducting Body||DTE Maharashtra|
|Exam Type||State Level PG|
|MAH CET Official Website||www.mahacet.org|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
022 2264 1150
MAH CET 2018 Exam Dates
The online registration process for MAH CET 2018 will begin from 3rd week of January 2018. The result for MAH CET 2018 will be released in 2nd week of March 2018. Here, candidates can check the tentative schedule for MAH CET 2018:
|MAH CET 2018 Registration Date||Third week of January- Second week of February 2018|
|MAHCET 2018 Form Correction||Second week of February 2018|
|MAH CET 2018 Admit Card Date||Fourth week of February 2018|
|MAH CET 2018 Exam Date||March 10 & 11, 2018|
|MAH CET 2018 Result Date||Third week of March 2018|
|MAH CET Counselling||Third week of May, 2018|
MAH CET 2018 Notification
MAH CET 2018 Eligibility Criteria
- Nationality- Indian National
- Education- Bachelor’s degree with minimum 50% marks in any discipline (45% in case of SC/ ST/ PWD category candidates); final year candidates can also apply
- Other management exams- Scores of CAT/XAT/CMAT/MAT/GMAT/ATMA are accepted by various colleges
Read complete MAH CET 2018 eligibility criteria
MAH CET 2018 Application Form
Registration for MAHCET is to be completed online only. Candidates are allowed to fill only one MAH CET Application Form. The application fee for GEN/ OBC category is INR 1000 and for SC/ ST/ PWD category is INR 800.
Steps to register
- Visit the official website of MAH CET.
- Click on the link "MAH CET Application Form".
- Provide contact information, personal, educational and work experience and the ID that you will use at the test center.
- Upload the required scanned documents
- Pay the MAH CET application fees via Net Banking/Debit/Credit Card or by means of the E-Challan.
- Save and Print MAH CET 2018 Application Form for the future use.
MAH CET 2018 Admit Card
MAH CET Admit Card will release in the 4th week of February 2018 on the official website. It can be downloaded using registration number and date of birth. Candidates are advised to print multiple copies of the admit card to avoid any inconvenience later.
Discrepancy in MAH CET Admit Card
If you are unable to download MAH CET 2018 Admit Card, it might be due to a technical problem. You should try after 15-20 minutes or during off-peak hours during the night.
While verifying the admit card on DTE official website, ensure to check that all the details are available in the hall ticket and if any information is found to be incorrect or missing, candidates need to immediately contact DTE Maharashtra helpline at 022 2264 1150. The exam authorities will not entertain or be responsible for any discrepancy occurred due to the filling of wrong information by candidates in the application form.
MAH CET 2018 Exam Pattern
MAH CET 2018 will be conducted in 2 or 3 sessions depending upon the number of applications registered. Competent authority uses a standardized equi-percentile method, used to equate scores across sessions. Below are the highlights of MAH CET 2018 exam pattern:
- MAH CET is a Computer Based Test (CBT).
- Every candidate is provided with a randomly created test from a pool of questions.
- The number of questions, difficulty level and the time limit for each section is always same regardless of the when or where the test is conducted.
- The total duration of MAH CET will be 2 hours and 30 minutes. Candidates have the flexibility to select the order/sequence of the test sections.
- There is no negative marking.
- MAH CET 2018 will be divided into 4 sections - Abstract Reasoning, Quantitative Reasoning, Verbal Ability/ Reading Comprehension and Logical Reasoning. The structure of these 4 sections is explained below.
|Sections||Questions||Total Marks for the section||Mark per Question|
|Abstract Reasoning||25 Questions||25||1|
|Quantitative Reasoning||50 Questions||50||1|
|Verbal Ability/ Reading Comprehension||50 Questions||50||1|
|Logical Reasoning||75 Questions||75||1|
|Total marks for the test||200|
Marking Scheme in MAH CET
- Candidates have to answer total 200 questions in 150 minutes.
- They will be awarded +1 mark for every correct response and there will be no negative marking in MAH CET by DTE.
- Every individual section has its own allotted time. Candidates can choose the sequence in which to attempt the each individual section.
MAH CET 2018 Syllabus
The section-wise syllabus for MAH ET is given below:
|Quantitative Aptitude||Logical Reasoning||Abstract Reasoning||Verbal Ability|
|Geometry||Critical Reasoning||Bar Graph||Verbal Reasoning|
|Arithmetic Progression||Visual Reasoning||Case Sets||Syllogisms|
|Installment Payments||Assumption-Premise-Conclusion||Dats Sufficiency||Contextual usage|
|Ratios and Proportions||Assertion and reasons||Line Graph||Analogies|
|Arithmetic Mean||Statements and assumptions||Pie Chart||Sentence completion|
|Work and Time||Coding and Decoding|
Combination of Graphs
Read more on MAH CET Syllabus
MAH CET 2018 Result
Candidates can access their MAH CET 2018 Result in online mode. Candidates will be able to download the score card by entering their application number and date of birth.
Based on the performance of candidates in this entrance exam, separate merit lists are prepared. The result will furnish the name of candidates shortlisted for the counselling rounds. On conclusion of the counselling, the final result will be announced, probably in 2nd week of June 2018. It will provide candidate’s All India, State level, University level and J&K ranks.
MAH CET 2018 Tie-Breaker
In case, of equal marks and equal percentile obtained by candidates, relative merit will be determined. This will be same for the Maharashtra State Seats, All India Seats and J&K Migrants Seats.
On the following order of preference, the merit will be prepared:
- A higher percentage of marks scored in the aggregate at the HSC (Std. XII) or its equivalent examination will be given a higher rank accordingly.
- If the tie still exists, then candidate with the higher percentage of the marks in the aggregate at the SSC (Std. X) or its equivalent examination will get preference.
- If the tie continues to exist, then the criteria of tie breaker will be date of birth. i.e. older candidates will be given higher preference.
MAH CET 2018 Counselling
DTE Maharastra conducts MAH CET Counselling on the basis of the merit list. The counselling for DTE MBA Entrance is conducted through CAP (Centralized Admission Process). Candidates desirous of seeking admission through CAP should fulfill MAH CET Eligibility Criteria.
Here are the complete details of all the rounds of CAP in MAH CET.
- Direct Allotment – Seat allotments for Home University seats and State level seats for other university candidates will come under CAP.
- Stage – 1 and Stage – 2 will be used for CAP Round – 1. There are seven stages in this round.
- MAH CET 2018 Counselling Round – 3: Candidates belonging from Maharashtra will only be eligible for admission whose name has appeared in Maharashtra State Merit list.
Candidates have to fill the admission form to register for admission in the state of Maharashtra. Every year, CAP will be conducted by the authority for allotting seats to candidates. The counselling process will take place on the basis of merit prepared as per candidate’s score in the entrance exam. The process of MAH CET counseling comprises:
- Document Verification
- Photo Verification
- Signature Verification
The counselling process begins around the middle of June. Depending on the merit rank obtained by a candidate as well as seat availability, the final allotment takes place. Candidate must mandatorily carry the score card and admit card for MAH CET to the counselling venue as specified by the authority.