MAH CET 2018 Result, Cutoff
MAH CET 2018 (Maharashtra Common Entrance Test) will be held in March 2018. It is conducted by DTE (Directorate of Technical Education), Maharashtra for admission to management course MBA. Registration process for MAH CET would open in January, 2018 and will close in the 2nd week of February 2018.
Here are some key points about MAH CET 2018:
- MAH CET 2018 will be conducted in 1st week of March, 2018.
- It is an online exam of 2 hours and 30 minutes.
- Objective questions will be asked from Abstract Reasoning, Quantitative Reasoning, Verbal Ability/ Reading Comprehension and Logical Reasoning.
- Exam consists of 200 questions in MCQ format.
- As for MAH CET Marking Scheme, each question carries 1 mark and there is no provision for negative marking.
- MAH CET 2018 Result is expected to be declared in 2nd week of March, 2018 .
- Application fee is INR 1000 for GEN/ OBC category and INR 800 for candidates belong to SC/ ST category.
- Admission to the management course such as MBA is a centralised process and covered under CAP (Centralized Admission Process) carried out by the Competent Authority of the State of Maharashtra.
- There are around 400 B-schools including JBIMS Mumbai, SIMSREE, PUMBA, K J Somaiya who are participating in CAP round 2018.
MAH CET 2018 Highlights
|Exam||Maharashtra Common Entrance Test|
|Conducted by||DTE (Directorate of Technical Education), Maharashtra|
|Exam Type||State Level PG|
|Official Address to HQ|
The Directorate Of Technical Education
No. 3, Mahapalika Marg,
Opp. Metro Cinema,
Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus Area,
Mumbai - 400001
Phone: 022 2264 1150
MAH CET 2018 Exam Dates
The online registration process for MAH CET 2018 will begin from 3rd week of January, 2018. The result for MAH CET 2018 will be released in 2nd week of March, 2018. Here, candidates can check the tentative schedule for MAH CET 2018:
|Online Registration Starts from||Third week of January, 2018|
|Last date of online registration||Second week of February, 2018|
|Last date to edit the details||Second week of February 2018|
|Last date to print the application form||Last week of February 2018|
|Payment of application fee||Third week of January to 2nd week of February 2018|
|MAH CET 2018 Admit Card||Fourth week of February, 2018|
|MAH CET 2018 Exam||First week of March, 2018|
|MAH CET 2018 Result Declaration||Second week of March, 2018|
|MAH CET Counselling||Third week of May, 2018|
MAH CET 2018 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates are advised to check the eligibility criteria for MAH CET and apply only after ensuring that the same is met. If the candidates will fail to meet the eligibility norms of the test, then their candidature will be cancelled, irrespective of the admission process level. MAH CET 2018 eligibility criteria is as follow:
- Candidates should be Indian National.
- As far, certain eligibility norms being standard, there is difference between Maharashtra state and other state candidates.
- Candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree of minimum duration of 3 years in any discipline awarded by any of the Universities recognized by University Grants Commission or Association of Indian Universities, passed with minimum at least 50% marks in aggregate (45% in case of SC/ ST/ PWD category candidates) or its equivalent.
- Also, the scores of other management entrance exams, such as CAT/XAT/CMAT/MAT/GMAT/ATMA will be accepted by various colleges for granting admission.
- Candidates who will be appearing for their final year examinations of the qualifying degree are also eligible to apply for MAH CET 2018.
MAH CET 2018 Application Form
Candidates can fill the MAH CET 2018 application form from official website. Application form will be available from 3rd week of January 2018. Candidates are advised to fill all the details carefully. The application fee for GEN/ OBC category is INR 1000 and for SC/ ST/ PWD category is INR 800.
How to Fill MAH CET Application Form 2018?
Candidates are allowed to fill only one MAH CET application form. Multiple applications for exam will be rejected.They need to follow these simple steps:
- Visit the official website of MAH CET.
- Click on the link "MAH CET Application Form".
- Provide contact information, personal, educational and work experience and the ID that you will use at the test center.
- After choosing the course and filling up the correct and proper information, upload the required scanned documents
- The application form should be complete in all respect before submitting.
- Click on "Submit" button.
- Then, candidate should pay the MAH CET application fees via Net Banking/Debit/Credit Card or by means of the E-Challan.
- Save and Print MAH CET 2018 Application Form for the future use.
MAH CET 2018 Admit Card
MAH CET Admit Card will be released in the 4th week of February 2018 on the official website. It can be downloaded using registration number and date of birth. Candidates are advised to print multiple copies of the admit card to avoid any inconvenience later.
The steps to download the admit card are as follows:
- Open the official website.
- Click on the link to download the MAH CET 2018 Admit Card.
- Log in using the registration number and the date of birth mentioned during the application process.
- The Admit card will appear on the screen.
- Download the admit card and print two-three copies of the same.
MAH CET 2018 Exam Centers
MAH CET 2018 will be held at various centers across the state of Maharashtra. Some of the top cities where the exam is expected to be held are: Mumbai, Pune, Nashik, etc. The exam conducting body reserves the right to allocate MAH CET 2017 exam center and the test city to candidates. It will try to allot the test city as per the preference filled in by them in the application but in case, the preferred test city is not allotted then a nearby test center will be allotted.
- At the time of MBA CET form filling, a candidate can select any 3 locations or cities as per their preference for exam center.
- No request for change of center, venue, date or session for examination will be entertained.
- Candidate will have to appear for CET strictly as per the date and session allotted to them.
- No candidate will be allowed to appear for the test in other than the allotted session/ date.
MAH CET 2018 Exam Pattern
MAH CET 2018 will be conducted in 2 or 3 sessions depending upon the number of applications registered. Competent authority using standardized equi-percentile method, will be equating scores across sessions. The following analysis would give show a clear picture of MAH CET 2018 exam pattern and give a direction for preparation:
- MAH CET is a Computer Based Test (CBT).
- Every candidate is provided with a randomly created test from a pool of questions.
- The number of questions, difficulty level and the time limit for each section is always same regardless of the when or where the test is conducted.
- The total duration of MAH CET will be 2 hours and 30 minutes. Candidates have the flexibility to select the order/sequence of the test sections.
- There is no negative marking.
- MAH CET 2018 will be divided into 4 sections - Abstract Reasoning, Quantitative Reasoning, Verbal Ability/ Reading Comprehension and Logical Reasoning. The structure of these 4 sections is explained below.
|Sections||Questions||Total Marks for the section||Mark per Question|
|Abstract Reasoning||25 Questions||25||1|
|Quantitative Reasoning||50 Questions||50||1|
|Verbal Ability/ Reading Comprehension||50 Questions||50||1|
|Logical Reasoning||75 Questions||75||1|
|Total marks for the test||200|
Marking Scheme in MAH CET
- Candidates have to answer total 200 questions in 150 minutes.
- They will be awarded +1 mark for every correct response and there will be no negative marking in MAH CET by DTE.
- Every individual section has its own allotted time. Candidates can choose the sequence in which to attempt the each individual section.
MAH CET 2018 Result
Candidates can access their MAH CET 2018 Result using the online mode. Candidates will be able to check their result and download the score card by entering their application number and date of birth.
Based on performance of candidates in this entrance exam, separate merit lists will be prepared for each course. The result will furnish the name of candidates shortlisted for the counselling rounds. On conclusion of the counselling, the final result will be announced, probably in 2nd week of June 2018. It will provide candidate’s All India, State level, University level and J&K ranks.
How to check MAH CET result:
- Log on to the official website i.e. www.dtemaharashtra.gov.in
- Fill in the required details.
- Access the result.
The result will be declared only once and will not be changed. The result show's scores as well as the percentile obtained by the student. Each candidate will be assigned a merit number based on their results. Admission and seat allotment will be done on the basis of merit.
MAH CET 2018 Tie-Breaker
In case, of equal marks and equal percentile obtained by candidates, relative merit will be determined. This will be same for the Maharashtra State Seats, All India Seats and J&K Migrants Seats.
On the following order of preference, the merit will be prepared:
- A higher percentage of marks scored in the aggregate at the HSC (Std. XII) or its equivalent examination will be given a higher rank accordingly.
- If the tie still exists, then candidate with the higher percentage of the marks in the aggregate at the SSC (Std. X) or its equivalent examination will get preference.
- If the tie continues to exist, then the criteria of tie breaker will be date of birth. i.e. older candidates will be given higher preference.
MAH CET 2018 Counselling Process
DTE Maharastra conducts MAH CET Counselling Process on the basis of assignment of merit number. The counselling for DTE MBA Entrance is conducted through CAP (Centralized Admission Process). Candidates desirous of seeking admission through CAP, should fulfil MAH CET Eligibility Criteria. Candidate’s name must be figured in the concerned merit list obtained for the admission. The CAP Rounds is available for the Maharashtra State Candidates. It is completed in 3 Rounds.
Here are the complete details of all the rounds of CAP in MAH CET.
- Direct Allotment – Seat allotments for Home University seats and State level seats for other university candidates will come under CAP.
- Stage – 1 and Stage – 2 will be used for CAP Round – 1. There are seven stages in this round.
- MAH CET 2018 Counselling Round – 3: Candidates belonging from Maharashtra will only be eligible for admission whose name have appeared in Maharashtra State Merit list.
Candidates have to fill the admission form to register for admission in the state of Maharashtra. Every year, CAP will be conducted by the authority for allotting seats to candidates. The counselling process will take place on the basis of merit prepared as per candidate’s score in entrance exam. The process for counselling comprises:
- Document Verification
- Photo Verification
- Signature Verification
The counselling process begins around the middle of June. Depending on the merit rank obtained by a candidate as well as seat availability, the final allotment takes place. Candidate must mandatorily carry the score card and admit card for MAH CET to the counselling venue as specified by the authority.