MAH MCA CET 2018
MAH MCA CET 2018 Application Form has been released now. MAH MCA CET (Maharashtra Common Entrance Test for MCA) is a state level exam conducted every year for admitting aspirants into the first year or second year lateral entry of PG degree course of MCA in various institutes across the state of Maharashtra. It is conducted by DTE (Directorate of Technical Education), Maharashtra. It will be conducted on March 24, 2018.
- MAH MCA CET 2018 Application Form is available online till March 5, 2018.
- Minimum eligibility required is that a candidate must have 3-years Bachelor’s degree with 50% marks in aggregate. Check MAH MCA CET Eligibility Criteria
- MAH MCA CET 2018 Admit Card will be available on the website from March 15 – 24, 2018.
- The common entrance test will comprise of 2 papers namely – Computer Concepts and General Aptitude. Check MAH MCA CET Exam Pattern
- MAH MCA CET Syllabus will have topics like Algebra, Co-ordinate Geometry, Trigonometry, Arithmetic, etc.
- MAH MCA CET 2018 Result will be announced April 3, 2018.
- Candidates who successfully clear the MAH MCA CET 2018 examination, they can study in Top MCA colleges in Maharashtra affiliated to Directorate of Technical Education, Maharashtra offering MCA courses.
MAH MCA CET 2018 Exam Highlights
|Date of MAH MCA CET 2018||March 24, 2018|
|Conducting Body||Directorate of Technical Education|
|Mode of MAH MCA CET 2018||Online (computer based test)|
|Medium of MAH MCA CET 2018||English|
|Duration of MAH MCA CET 2018||90 Minutes|
|Type of questions||MCQs|
|Number of questions||25+25|
|Sections||Computer Concepts and General Aptitude|
|Courses offered||1st year and 2nd year Lateral Entry of MCA|
MAH MCA CET 2018 Exam Dates
Students can check here the official exam schedule for the MAH MCA CET 2018:
|Online Registration begins from||February 7, 2018||MAH MCA CET Application ends on March 5, 2018|
|Availability of MAH MCA CET Admit Card||March 15 – 24, 2018||Download Admit Card from dtemaharashtra.gov.in|
|MAH MCA CET 2018 Exam Date||March 24, 2018||Exam duration will be 90 Minutes|
|Result Declaration||April 3, 2018||Check MAH MCA CET Result online at dtemaharashtra.gov.in|
|MAH MCA CET Counselling||April – May 2018||Expected to be commenced in the month of April or May 2018|
MAH MCA CET 2018 Eligibility Criteria
Students must ensure that they meet MAH MCA CET 2018 Eligibility requirements before applying for the online exam. The various criteria are as stated below:
Nationality: Aspirants who are interested to appear for the test must be citizens of India.
Age Limit: There is no age limit for the exam.
- For admission to first year of MCA
- Applicants must have passed minimum three-year duration Bachelor’s Degree from a University recognized by University Grants Commission or Association of Indian Universities in any discipline.
- At least 50% marks in aggregate for General category students (atleast 45% in case of candidates of reserved categories and Person with Disability belonging to the state of Maharashtra only).
- They must also have studied Mathematics as one of the subjects at 10+2 level or at Graduate level examination.
- Candidates appearing for final year of qualifying examination are also eligible to appear for MAH MCA CET 2018.
- For admission to second year Lateral Entry of MCA
- Students must have passed Bachelor degree in computer applications or science (Information Technology or Computer Science).
MAH MCA CET 2018 Application Form
MAH MCA CET 2018 Application Form will be available on the official website i.e. www.dtemaharashtra.gov.in. MAH MCA CET 2018 Application Form can be submitted through the online mode only. Only those individuals who apply for the test by successfully submitting the application forms and paying the fee can appear for the test.
Pre-Requisites for filling MAH MCA CET 2018 Application Form
The application process consists of 3 steps- Registration, Uploading documents and Fee Payment. Aspirants can fill up the application form by following these steps:
Step 1: Registration
- Log on to the official website of DTE i.e. dtemaharashtra.gov.in
- Click on the option ‘Apply Online’ and ‘Click here for New Registration’
- Enter Name, Contact details and Email-id.
- Carefully fill and verify the personal details and academic details.
- Choose the city preferred by you as exam center.
- Check your details and save the application by clicking the 'Validate your details' and 'Save & Next' button.
Step 2: Uploading Documents
- Students must then proceed to upload photograph and signature as per the specifications given in the guidelines.
- Select the preview tab to preview and verify the entire application form before ‘Final Submit’.
Step 3: Payment of Application Fee
- The next step is to pay the requisite fees by Credit/ Debit Card or Net banking or other specified modes of online payment.
- Application fees can be paid only via online mode.
MAH MCA CET 2018 Application Fee
Candidates must pay the application fees according to their category. Application fee can be paid through online mode only by Credit Card/ Debit Card (RuPay/ Visa/ MasterCard/Maestro), Internet Banking, IMPS, Cash Cards or Mobile Wallets. Any other mode of payment shall not be permitted. Students must note that this fee is non-refundable under any circumstances.
|General Category Candidates from Maharashtra State, Outside Maharashtra State (OMS), J & K Migrant candidates||INR 1000|
|Reserved Category Candidates of Backward Class Categories and PwD Candidates belonging to Maharashtra State only.||INR 800|
MAH MCA CET 2018 Admit Card
MAH MCA CET 2018 Admit Card will be issued to candidates who have successfully registered for the exam from March 15 – 24, 2018.
- Admit cards can be downloaded from the official website of DTE.
- Students will also be notified via mail and SMS about the availability of the hall tickets.
- Aspirants will be required to affix recent, recognizable photograph on admit card preferably the same as provided during registration and carry an original identity proof to the exam center.
MAH MCA CET 2018 admit card can be downloaded by following these steps:
- Click on relevant link provided via SMS and mail to access admit card.
- Enter your registration number and password or date of birth for downloading MAH MCA CET 2018 Admit Card.
- Download the admit card and print 2 copies of it.
MAH MCA CET 2018 will be held at various centers across the state of Maharashtra. The exam centers will be declared later. Students will have to choose the city preferred by them as their exam center and fill the city code in the application form.
- Organizing body will allot a center to the aspirants accordingly.
- Venue of the center will be mentioned in the admit card.
- Exam center once allotted will not be changed under any circumstance.
- Choice of Exam Center once exercised by the candidate will be considered final by all means.
- MAH MCA CET 2018 is conducted in many cities like Pune, Nagpur, Nashik, Mumbai, etc. across the state of Maharashtra.
MAH MCA CET 2018 Exam Pattern
MAH MCA CET 2018 will be held in its examination centers in Maharashtra. The test will include multiple choice questions (MCQs) that will make most of the standardised equivalent percentage method.
The language medium of MAH MCA CET 2018 will be only English. Translation facility will not be allowed.
MAH MCA CET 2018 Exam Pattern has been divided into two parts of MAH MCA CET online examination. Both the test will be of 45 minutes each.
- The questions from General Aptitude, Mathematics and Computer Concepts will be asked.
- There is negative marking.
- Candidate will be given 4 marks for every correct answer and for every wrong answer 1 mark will be deducted.
- Unanswered questions will get no marks.
- Candidates can receive the syllabus and sample papers from the official website.
- Each paper has 25 questions.
|Topics||No. of Questions||Marks||Negative Marking||Maximum Marks||Total|
MAH MCA CET 2018 Syllabus
To prepare well for MAH MCA CET, an applicant of MAH MCA CET 2018 must know the syllabus properly. Knowing the syllabus in advance helps an individual arrange important study materials to score well. The syllabus for MAH MCA CET 2018 is as discussed:
- Main objective of this paper is to assess the general aptitude of candidate.
- To pursue a computer applications and software profession.
The questions in this paper will cover:
- Logical reasoning
- Quantitative reasoning
- High school mathematics
- English comprehension
- Verbal ability.
MAH MCA CET 2018 Result
MAH MCA CET 2018 Result will be released on the official website by DTE. Result will be declared within 2 weeks of conducting the exam. Once they have logged into their account, they can easily see their MAH MCA CET 2018 Result subject wise.
- To check the results, candidates are required to enter their MCA application ID and password.
- Results will be declared on the official website of DTE.
- Aspirants will be notified via email and SMS about the announcement of results.
- Results will be available in the form of scorecards.
Candidates can access their result by following these easy steps:
- Visit the official website of DTE, Maharashtra i.e. www.dtemaharashtra.gov.in.
- Search for ‘MAH MCA CET 2018 Result’ option in admission information head and click on it.
- Enter your roll number or application number.
- Click on ‘Submit’ button.
- The result in the form of scorecard will appear on the screen.
- Download the result and save it for further admission rounds.
MAH MCA CET 2018 Cut Off
DTE will release a provisional merit list for MAH MCA CET 2018 soon after the results are announced. This list will be available on the official website. The merit list will contain names of candidates in order of ranks secured by them in the test. Aspirants can contact the organizing authority in case there is a discrepancy in their score. The updated final merit list will be released in April 2018. Students who are shortlisted via the merit list are eligible for the counselling session.
DTE will release cut off for various institutes after CAP rounds are over. The cut off will depend on various factors like rank of candidate, availability of seats, category and preference of college. MAH MCA CET 2018 Cut Off will be prepared on the basis of following factors:
- Number of candidates appearing for the exam
- Number of seats available in each institute
- Performance of the candidates in exam
MAH MCA CET 2018 Counselling
MAH MCA CET 2018 Counselling will be carried out through CAP (Centralized Admission Process) for various MCA programs. Candidates need to register for CAP rounds which will begin from April or May 2018. Students are advised to browse DTE website regularly to know about all the updates.
The steps involved in MAH MCA CET 2018 Centralized Admission Process are:
- Visit the official website and look for the notification regarding the Counselling procedure.
- On the official website, the available category wise seats in various institutes will be displayed for CAP Rounds I and II.
- Fill up the application form for CAP rounds.
- While filling the form, choose the institutions' preference in a decreasing order of preference.
- After the preferred form is filled, applicants will be allotted an institute by DTE authority.
- Aspirants will have a choice to either ‘Freeze’ or ‘Float’ the seat allotted.
- If the applicants choose the ‘Freeze’ option, their seat in the particular institute will be confirmed and they will not be considered for further rounds.
- If the aspirant chooses the ‘Float’ option, the seat offered to them will be confirmed but if he gets admission to another institution of higher preference then they will accept it or else continue in the institute previously offered to them.
Once students accept the seat, they must visit the allotted institute for verification of documents and scrutiny of certificates. The admission process will finally be complete after successful verification of documents.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College