LSAT India - Law School Admission Test India
Law School Admission Test India or LSAT India is a national level law entrance examination. Pearson VUE conducts the exam on behalf of Law School Admission Council (LSAC) every year. It is a standardised test designed to test a candidate’s verbal reasoning and reading skills proficiency. Through LSAT India, candidates are granted admissions to BA LLB/ LLM programs offered in India. Nearly 76 law colleges accept LSAT India Score.
Listed below are quick facts related to LSAT India 2018:
- LSAT India 2018 is conducted once a year in the month of May 2018.
- LSAT Registration window will become functional from September 14, 2018.
- Application form will be available in online mode only at lsat.formistry.com.
- The law entrance examination will be administered over 20 cities in India.
- Successfully registered candidates can download their LSAT Admit Card from 2nd week of May 2018.
- After the exam, LSAT Results will be declared online on June 20, 2018 at www.pearsonvueindia.com
LSAT India will be a pen and pencil based test with 4 sections namely Analytical Reasoning, 1st Logical Reasoning, 2nd Logical Reasoning and Reading Comprehension. Duration of the exam is 2 hours 20 minutes without any break. Students are advised to attempt all the questions because there is no negative marking. CheckLSAT Exam Pattern
Highlights of LSAT India
|Exam Name||LSAT India (Law School Admission Test)|
|Conducting Body||Pearson VUE on behalf of Law School Admission Council (LSAC)|
|Periodicity||Once a year|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Type and Number of Questions||92-100 Multiple Choice Questions|
|Courses Offered||BA LLB/ LLM|
|LSAT Helpdesk||+91 7863027791 or email@example.com|
LSAT India 2018 Exam Dates
Pearson VUE, conducting body of Law School Admission Test India will release the official dates for LSAT India shortly. The important dates for the law entrance examination is tabulated below:
|Availability of LSAT Application Form 2018||September 14, 2018|
|Last date to complete LSAT Registration||May 07, 2018|
|Release of LSAT Admit Card||May 10 to May 20, 2018|
|Date of LSAT India Exam||May 21, 2018|
|Declaration of LSAT India Result 2018||June 20, 2018|
LSAT India Eligibility
LSAC has not prescribed any specific eligibility standards for the national level law entrance exam. The eligibility criteria vary from institution to institution. It is responsibility of the aspirant to check and understand the eligibility standards of the law colleges they wish to apply for.
Basic Eligibility Criteria for LSAT India is as follows:
- For BA LLB Course: Students must pass 10+2 or equivalent examination from recognized board with minimum 45% marks
- For LLB Course: Students must possess Bachelor’s degree in any subject with minimum 45% aggregate marks in the qualifying exam
- For LLM Course: Candidates should have passed 3 years of LLB or 5 years or BA LLB with 45% aggregate marks
Note:After registration if a candidate is found ineligible for admission to the intended law college, no test-fee refund will be available.
LSAT India Registration
- Pearson VUE (Pearson India Education Services Private Limited) will release the application form on September 14, 2018.
- LSAT Registration can be done via online mode only at lsat.formistry.com
- Candidates are required to pay INR 3800 as LSAT Application Fee. Payment can be done through credit card/debit card.
- Fee will be accepted only through Visa and Master Card credit cards, issued in India.
The following is the explanation of step by step process of filling LSAT application form:
Step 1: Visit the official website of LSAT i.e. www.pearsonvueindia.com.
Step 2: Click on ‘Registration’ link. After click on it, candidate will be redirected to a new screen as shown below:
Here, enter the E-mail ID and select the option ‘No, I am a new user’.
Step 3: Once the registration is done successfully a verification link will be sent by the Pearson VUE to the registered candidate's e-mail ID.
Step 4: Re-login and start filling the application form. Enter all the required details like:
- Personal Details – Candidate’s Name, DOB, Category, Nationality etc.
- Contact Details – Mobile No., Email ID, Communication and Permanent Address
- Academic Details – Choice of Program, Percentage in class 10th and 12th etc.
Step 5: Pay the stipulated application fee using either Debit Card/Credit Card.
Step 6: Recheck all the information and submit the form.
LSAT Application Fee (India)
- The application fee for LSAT can be paid through Debit Card or Credit Card.
- Application Fee for LSAT India for all the candidates is INR 3800.
- here is no fee concession for the reserved category
The following table shows LSAT India application fee amount and details:
|Category||Application fee amount||Options|
|General/ OBC/ SC/ ST/ PWD Female||INR 3800 (Without LSAT India Handbook)||Credit Card/ Debit Card/ Net Banking|
|General/ OBC/ SC/ ST/ PWD Female||INR 4250 (With LSAT India Handbook)||Credit Card/ Debit Card/ Net Banking|
LSAT India Admit Card
- Admit card of LSAT is issued by Pearson VUE.
- All candidates who successfully register themselves will be able to download the hall ticket from LSAT India official website only.
- LSAT Admit Card 2018 can be downloaded in between May 10 to May 20, 2018.
- It will not be sent to a candidate by post nor by Email.
- Do not forget to carry any one of your photo identity proofs to the exam hall.
- In case of any discrepancy, they are advised to contact the higher authorities immediately.
How to Download LSAT Admit Card?
Candidates can follow these simple steps to download the admit card:
- Visit the official website of LSAT i.e. www.pearsonvueindia.com
- Search for ‘LSAT Admit Card’ link. Click on it.
- Enter the required details- Registration Number and Password
- Click on ‘Submit’ button
- The admit card will be displayed on the screen.
- Candidates are suggested to take printout of the admit card for further use.
LSAT India Exam Centers
- Pearson VUE has released the list of LSAT Exam Centers. The centers enlist the names of the cities where the exam will be conducted at multiple centers.
- LSAT India will be conducted in 20 cities. These locations are divided into four different zones according to their geographical locations.
- The exact address of exam center will be mentioned on the e-admit card
- While filling LSAT Application Form, candidates are advised to select an exam center according to their preference.
- Applicants are advised to reach the exam center 30 minutes before the reporting time.
- Examination center will not be changed once it is allotted.
- Examination authority has all the rights to cancel or change the exam center with prior notice if find necessary.
The following table shows the exam center locations along with the test Zone:
|East||Bhubaneswar, Kolkata, Ranch, Raipur|
|North||Chandigarh, Delhi (NCR), Jaipur, Lucknow|
|South||Bangalore, Chennai, Hyderabad, Kochi|
|West||Ahmedabad, Bhopal, Mumbai, Nagpur|
LSAT India Exam Pattern
- LSAT Exam Pattern for India is defined by LSAC.
- LSAT India is conducted in offline mode in English language.
- The paper pattern of LSAT Exam describes the section-wise distribution of questions, marks, duration, etc. This will give you a fair idea about the nature of questions.
Here are the key highlights of LSAT Exam Pattern:
|Mode of exam||Offline|
|Nature of questions||Objective (Multiple Choice Questions)|
|Total number of questions||92 – 100|
|Number of sections||4 sections namely Analytical Reasoning, 1st Logical Reasoning, 2nd Logical Reasoning and Reading Comprehension|
|Exam duration||2 hours 20 minutes (35 minutes for each section)|
|Negative Marking||No negative marking|
The following table indicates the section-wise pattern of LSAT India exam:
|Section Name||Number of Questions (Approx.)||Time Duration (mins.)|
|Analytical Reasoning||24||35 minutes|
|1st Logical Reasoning||24||35 minutes|
|2nd Logical Reasoning||24||35 minutes|
|Reading Comprehension||24||35 minutes|
|Total||92- 100 questions||2 hours 20 minutes|
LSAT India Syllabus
Before preparing for the exam, students need to check the syllabus and prepare accordingly. The question will be asked from the syllabus such as Analytical Reasoning, Logical Reasoning, and Reading Comprehension. Following is the explanation of LSAT India syllabus.
- Analytical Reasoning Section – These questions measure the ability to understand a structure of relationships and to draw logical conclusions about that structure. The test taker is asked to reason deductively from a set of statements and rules or principles that describe relationships among persons, things, or events. Analytical Reasoning questions reflect the kinds of complex analyses that a law student performs in the course of legal problem-solving.
- Logical Reasoning Questions — These questions assess the ability to analyze, critically evaluate, and complete arguments as they occur in ordinary language. Each Logical Reasoning question requires the test taker to read and comprehend a short passage, then answer a question about it. The questions are designed to assess a wide range of skills involved in thinking critically, with an emphasis on skills that are central to legal reasoning. These skills include drawing well-supported conclusions, reasoning by analogy, determining how additional evidence affects an argument, applying principles or rules, and identifying argument flaws.
- Reading Comprehension Questions — These questions measure the ability to read, with understanding and insight, examples of lengthy and complex materials similar to those commonly encountered in law school. The Reading Comprehension section contains four sets of reading questions, each consisting of a selection of reading material, followed by four to nine questions that test reading and reasoning abilities
LSAT India Result
- LSAT India Result will be declared on June 20, 2018.
- The results will not be available or sent directly.
- Candidates have to visit the official website of LSAT i.e. www.pearsonvueindia.com/lsatindia in order to check their results.
- The declaration of LSAT Results will be done in the form of Scorecard.
- The score card will contain the percentile scores of a candidate.
- LSAT score card is valid for 1 year.
LSAT India Cut off
- Cut off marks are the minimum marks required for candidate to clear the examination.
- There is no sectional cut offs for LSAT India.
- Pearson VUE sends a candidate’s percentile rankings to the associated colleges.
- These rankings are based on the overall performance of a candidate.
- LSAT cut off marks will be decided by the participating colleges of particular country and state.
LSAT India Counselling Procedure
- There are nearly 76 law colleges accepting LSAT Scores.
- The percentile scores will be the only basis to attend the counselling of LSAT.
- Every college will have their own counselling procedure and fee.
- Students who have successfully cleared the examination will be called for counselling process for final admissions.
- A list of colleges will be released wherein the names of all the law colleges will be mentioned.
- Seats will be allotted to the students through the counselling process.