LPUNEST 2018 is the entrance exam conducted by Lovely Professional University for admission into the various programs offered. This entrance exam conducted by is called Lovely Professional University National Entrance and Scholarship Test (LPU-NEST). It is a national level exam conducted all across India in approximately 110 centres.
- LPUNEST 2018 is conducted for admissions to undergraduate programs in Engineering and BTech. It will be conducted from April 10 – 30, 2018.
- Every year more than three lakh aspirants take the test.
- Registration will commence from November 1st week 2017.
- Candidates can apply for the LPUNEST 2018 in both online and offline mode.
LPUNEST 2018 Highlights
|Conducting Body||Lovely Professional University|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Medium of Exam||English|
|Duration of Exam||120 minutes|
|Type and Number of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions; 90|
|Courses Offered||Undergraduate Engineering/B.Tech courses|
The exam consists of multiple choice questions and is held online. The candidates have to answer 90 questions in 120 minutes. Candidates will be provided with a pen and paper for rough work and calculations.
Dates for LPUNEST 2018
The online application begins in the month of November and concludes in April. The exam is usually held in the month of May.
|Entrance examination dates||April 10 – 30 2018|
|Online Registration opens||1st week November 2017|
|Last date to apply||February 28, 2018|
|Slot booking for online examination||March 1, 2018 onwards|
|Result||May 7, 2018|
|Online Counselling and Seat Allocation||May 7 – 25, 2018 onwards|
|Last Date of Admission on the basis of LPUNEST 2018||May 31, 2018|
LPUNEST 2018 Eligibility
Candidates are advised to check the eligibility criteria before they apply for LPU-NEST 2018. The university sets a minimum criteria for aspirants; if they fulfill the below mentioned exam eligibility criteria, they can write the exam.
- Only Indian Nationals are eligible to apply for LPUNEST-2018
- Applicants appearing for LPUNEST 2018 must have completed or shall be appearing in 2018, in final examination of 10 + 2 from Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) or The Council for Indian School Certificate Examination (ICSE). State Board or any other Council, Institution, college etc. declared recognised by Council of Boards of School Education (COBSE) is also applicable.
- For admission in B.Tech, B.Tech, Integrated B.Tech - M.Tech and Integrated B.Tech - MBA, applicants should atleast have 60% aggregate marks in 10+2 or equivalent (with Physics, Mathematics and English)
- For B.Tech. Biotechnology (BT), B.Tech. (BT - Food Technology), B.Tech. Biotechnology (Hons.), Integrated B.Tech. Biotechnology (BT) - M.Tech., Integrated B.Tech. Biotechnology (BT) - MBA and Integrated B.Tech. (BT - Food Technology) - MBA, the subjects considered are Physics, Chemistry, English & Maths or Biology or Biotechnology, with 60% aggregate in 10+2 or equivalent.
- For B.Tech. Chemical Engineering (CHE), B.Tech. (CHE - Petroleum), Integrated B.Tech. Chemical Engineering (CHE) - MBA and Integrated B.Tech. (CHE - Petroleum) - MBA, the subjects considered are Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English,with 60% aggregate in 10+2 or equivalent.
LPUNEST 2018 Application Form
Candidates can apply for LPUNEST 2018 online on the official website of Lovely Professional University. However, the payment can be done through both online and offline mode.
How to Apply?
- Candidates should visit the official website
- Click on LPUNEST 2018 registration link
- Once the applicants submit their valid email id and number, they will be given an application ticket.
- Aspirants are required to check whether he/she has obtained the application ticket or not
- Aspirants should fill the required personal information in the window that appears after filling in the application ticket number/code
- It is mandatory for aspirants to provide a valid email id. Please note that the Applicant Name, Date of Birth and email id cannot be changed. Thus, it is essential to provide correct information
- On submitting the information required above, aspirants will receive a confirmatory message containing application id and password on their mail and phone.
- Applicants are requested to note down the application number because all the future correspondence will be made on the application number only
- Login by using Application Number and Password
- The application form will require details of academic record-aggregate and subjects studied along with the name of institution and board.
- Candidates are required to fill the form carefully.
Once the applicant clicks on the submit button, he will be directed to a payment portal. Aspirants can use any of the following methods for making payment online:
- Internet Banking
- Debit Card
- Credit Card
If the candidate wishes to make payment through the Offline Mode (Demand Draft), they should follow the steps below
- Take a printout of the completed application form
- Enclose a demand draft for 500/- drawn in favour of Lovely Professional University Payable at Jalandhar.
- Don’t forget to write “Application for LPUNEST-2018”, his / her Name and Mobile Number on the back side of the Demand Draft.
- Paste a recent passport size colour photograph, affix signature and send by post to the Admissions Division at LPU
Division of Admissions(LPUNEST-2018)
Lovely Professional University
Jalandhar- Delhi G.T. Road(NH-1),
Candidates are advised keep a photocopy of the filled-in application and Demand Draft for future reference.
Any application that is found incomplete will be outright rejected. An application form will be deemed incomplete if the declaration is not signed, DD is not enclosed, DD is wrongly drawn, photographs are not affixed on the application form etc.
The university will not be responsible for informing applicants of any such problems. Candidates who submit incomplete applications won’t be able to access the Online Slot Management System.
LPUNEST 2018 Slot Booking
After sending the application form, candidates are required to book a slot for their examination. The slot booking window is activated on the website in the month of March.
The link provided on the website will direct the candidates to a registration window. They are required to fill in their application number in order to book the slot. There are two options for booking LPUNEST 2018 exam slot -
- Applicant (In case you want to select date yourself)
- University (If you want to authorize University for slot booking)
- After selecting an option, fill your test city carefully as change of Test City will not be entertained in the future
- Applicants have to provide 5 choices of exam date if he/she opts for the university option for slot booking
Online Test booking system is a web based online scheduling system that will be available at www.lpu.in from March 2018.
Applicants can book centre, date and time as per their own convenience. They have to book the test at least 3 days before the desired date.
- Slot bookings done on first-come-first-served basis and is subject to availability.
- It is strongly advised that applicant should book their exam slot at the earliest to avoid any inconvenience later on.
In case candidates authorises university to book a slot, University will allot any one date (preferably from the given choices) for the exam as per the availability of exam slots.
- Applicants should visit www.lpu.in regularly and are required to fill username and password to check the allocated slot for the test.
- In case of non-availability of slots out of the choices filled by the applicant or any other delay, university will allocate a different date to the applicant.
LPUNEST 2018 Admit Card
Once candidates have booked or received their exam slot, they will get their admit card through mail. The admit card will not be uploaded on the website, it will be sent through mail only.
How to Download LPUNEST 2018 Admit Card?
- Candidates who book their LPUNEST test slot themselves will get their e-hall ticket as soon as they book the schedule through the online test booking system.
- For those who authorised the university to book their slots, their e-hall ticket will be released after a suitable slot is booked for them. For such candidates, LPUNEST test slot will be booked within 48 hours of receiving their duly filled application form. The candidates will be intimated through an email.
- All LPUNEST 2018 details which includes – exam centre booking as well e-hall ticket generation will be done through email only. Thus, aspirants are advised to mention their valid email ID and mobile number in their application form.
The exam is held nationwide across 110 centers and the candidates are generally allotted their preferred center. Candidates should check their exam centers beforehand and reach the centre beforetime on the exam day.
LPUNEST 2018 Exam Pattern and Syllabus
LPUNEST 2018 consists of multiple choice questions based on the subjects the candidate has studied in 10+2 and the courses he applied for. The entrance test will consist of 90 multiple choice questions which candidates have to complete in 120 minutes.
Candidates can either opt to appear for Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics or Physics, Chemistry and Biology entrance exam depending on the course they are applying for
- There is no negative marking. The candidates receive one mark for each correct answer.
- The language of instruction is English only.
|Subject||Total Number of Question|
Candidates must not carry any paper or pens to the exam centre. Rough sheets will be provided at the centre.
LPUNEST Result 2018
LPU will announce its result for B.Tech applicants on May 7, 2018. All of the applicants who appeared for the entrance examination can check their secured scores in the result of LPUNEST 2018 which will be uploaded online on the official website.
Based on the performance in the entrance test applicants will be called in for counseling and seat allotment session.
How to Check LPUNEST 2018 Result?
- The link to check the result of LPUNEST 2018 will be activated on the official website.
- Candidate will be required to enter their application number to access the result.
- Click on download and print out the result for further processes.
- Result will also be sent to the candidates through their registered email IDs.
LPUNEST 2018 Cut-off
LPUNEST 2018 Cutoff is the minimum score a candidate requires to be eligible for admission to Lovely Professional University National Entrance and Scholarship Test.
For the academic year 2018-19 the cut off marks for B.Tech courses can be judged based on the previous year cut offs. Scholarship will also be awarded to those students who score more than or equal to the the cutoff marks.
- The minimum marks are set by the University and are based on a number of factors.
- The cut off is based on number of applicants, number of vacant seats, average performance in the entrance test, and last year’s cut off.
- After the cut-off is declared, a Merit List will be prepared on the basis of the candidates’ score in the entrance test.
- Shortlisted candidates who will reach the cutoff marks will be called for counselling/ seat-allotment process.
- Generally, the merit list declares the top 30% performers as eligible for admission.
LPUNEST 2018 Counselling
LPUNEST 2018 Counselling and seat allotment will begin from May 7 – 25, 2018. Candidates who qualified the exam and clear the cut-off, after the result announcement, will be called for counselling.
Candidates will be allotted seats as per the choices filled in by them. They must also carry the following documents along with atleast three photocopies for verification while appearing in the counselling.
- 10th class mark sheet & passing certificate
- 12th class mark sheet & passing certificate
- Character certificate
- LPUNEST admit card & score card
- Category certificate (if applicable)
Candidates will be required to submit their fees at the time of counselling and seat allotment. NEST also entails scholarships so candidates should check if they are eligible for scholarships at the time of counselling.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College