Haryana LEET- Haryana Lateral Entry Entrance Test
Haryana LEET or popularly known as LEET is a state-level lateral entry entrance test for admission into 2nd year/3rd Semester of B.E./B.Tech programs in Engineering colleges in Haryana. LEET 2018 is scheduled tentatively in for May 30, 2018. LEET is also referred to as OLET (Online Lateral Entry Test) in official notifications.
- To apply for LEET 2018, candidates need to visit the official portal, onlinetesthry.gov.in
- The application window for LEET 2018 will close in the first week of May.
- LEET Admit Card is expected to be available in the third week of May, 2018.
- LEET 2018 will be conducted in online mode (computer-based test).
- The test will comprise of 4 sections namely - Basic Sciences, Electronics Stream Courses, Mechanical Stream Courses and Other Engineering Streams
- LEET 2018 Result is expected to be announced in the June on the official portal
LEET is organized annually by Haryana State Technical Education Society (HSTES) and admissions are offered to successful candidates on the basis of the inter-se-rank secured in the entrance test and availability of seats.
LEET 2018 Highlights
|Exam Name||Haryana Lateral Entry Entrance Test (Haryana LEET)|
|Type||State-Level Entrance Test|
|Courses||Lateral entry into 2nd year/3rd semester of Undergraduate Engineering Programs|
|Eligibility||Diploma in Engineering/Technology or B.Sc in a relevant discipline|
|Duration of Exam||90 Minutes|
|Conducting Body||Haryana State Technical Education Society (HSTES)|
|Official Website||http://www.hstes.org.in (for information & result) www.onlinetesthry.gov.in (for application, admit card and result) www.techadmissionhry.gov.in (for online counseling)|
|Application Fee||INR 500 (General Category) INR 200 (all Reserved Categories)|
|Number of Exam Centers||About 12 across Haryana|
LEET 2018 Exam Dates
LEET 2018 is scheduled tentatively for May 2018. The table indicates the tentative important dates for LEET 2018. The schedule will vary for reserved category candidates like Kashmiri migrants and those claiming Tuition Fee Waiver.
|Availability of LEET Application Form online||April 2018|
|LEET Application Form Submission Deadline||May 2018|
|Availability of LEET Admit Card||May 2018|
|LEET 2018 Scheduled Dates||End May – 1st week of June 2018|
|Declaration of LEET Result||June 2018|
|Submission of Online Counseling Fees and Registration for same starts||June 2018|
|LEET 2018 off-campus, online Counseling||July 2018|
LEET 2018 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must meet the eligibility guidelines issued by HSTES before applying online. The basic eligibility to apply for the LEET 2018 is mentioned below
Need More Help In LEET 2017 ? Write To Us
- 3-years Diploma in Engineering/Technology from Haryana State Board of Technical Education or any equivalent board, with a minimum aggregate score of 45% marks (42.75% marks for SC candidates), OR
- B.Sc. Degree from a recognized university with a minimum aggregate score of 45% marks (42.75 % marks for SC candidates) and studied Mathematics in the 10+2 level, provided that these candidates should clear specific papers of Engineering 1st year simultaneously with the 2nd year subjects.
- Kashmiri migrants are considered a special category in case of LEET and these candidates must present the migration certificate in original, at the time of document verification, duly signed by a competent authority.
- Candidates whose annual family income is less than 6 lacs, can claim reservation under the Tuition Fee Waiver scheme, and must present the relevant income certificate, at the time of document verification, duly signed by a competent authority.
LEET 2018 Application Form
Haryana LEET 2018 Application Form is expected to be available from the final week of April 2018 until mid-May 2018 at www.onlinetesthry.gov.in. The steps involved in filling the LEET 2018 Application Form are:
- Select the desired program and enter personal details like Name, DOB, Father/Mother’s name, Academic Details, Address Details, Contact Details etc to complete registration.
- Pick 2 test centers and 2 test slots in order of preference.
- Upload a recent passport-size photo and specimen signature in JPEG format (not exceeding 30 KB and 20 KB file sizes respectively).
- Submit application fee of INR 500 for general category or INR 200 for reserved categories and female candidates, using either offline or online modes.
- Carefully recheck the details on the application form before submitting the same finally.
- A copy of duly-filled LEET 2018 Application Form along with a unique application number, is generated.
- Candidates should obtain a printout of this filled-in Application Form for future reference.
The steps are elaborated below:
Note: Applicants claiming reservation under KM or TFW categories need to send a copy of the filled in application form, proof of application fee payment, supporting document towards reservation status, and academic certificates to HSTES, Bays No. 7-12, Sector-4, Panchkula, before the submission deadline.
There will no provision for making corrections in LEET Application Form at later stages. All the details should be therefore carefully furnished and verified before submitting the form.
LEET 2018 Application Fee
|Reserved Category (SC/BC/PH/FF/TFW/KM/Female Candidate)||INR 200|
The Application Fees for LEET 2018 can be paid using either online or offline modes.
- Online Fees payment can be completed through the integrated payment gateway via Debit/Credit Cards or Net Banking.
- In order to pay the application fee through offline mode, take a print of the e-challan from the website, and pay cash at any nearest branch of Axis Bank or Punjab National Bank.
LEET 2018 Admit Card
Applicants can download their Admit Cards from the official website expectantly mid-May 2018 onwards. On the day of exam, candidates’ are required to carry in person two printouts of the LEET 2018 Admit Card, attested copies of applicants’ passport-size photo and one valid Photo ID proof to the exam center.
Steps to download LEET 2018 Admit Card online are:
- Visit the official website and find the link “Haryana LEET 2018 Admit Card”
- Enter Application Number and DOB.
- The Admit Card is displayed on the screen.
- Check details printed on the Admit card and print multiple copies of the same.
LEET 2018 Exam Center
Haryana LEET Exam will be organized at 12 centers across the state, in three shifts in each center, for the convenience of applicants. The number of centers or shifts will be increased or decreased depending on the number of applicants. Candidates can specify their choice of test center and shifts while filling LEET application form.
|Center Name and Address||Center Name and Address|
|University Library, Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra||Deenbandhu Chhotu Ram Univ. of Sc. & Tech., Murthal, Sonepat|
|Deptt. Of Engg. & Tech., Maharishi Dayanand University, Rohtak||Govt. Polytechnic, Hisar|
|University Computer & Informatics Centre, GJU of Sc. & Tech., Hisar||Govt. Polytechnic, Ambala|
|YMCA University of Science & Technology, Faridabad.||Govt. Polytechnic, Manesar|
|Govt. Polytechnic, Nilokheri||Indira Gandhi University, Meerpur, Rewari|
|Govt. Polytechnic, Sonepat||Seth Jai Parkash Polytechnic, Damla, Yamunanagar|
LEET 2018 Exam Pattern
LEET 2018 is an online, objective-MCQ type examination. The paper is split into 4 sections, posing questions to test technical knowledge and basic sciences.
Exam will be of 90 minutes.
Each of 1
1 mark for each correct answer
No Negative Marking in the exam.
Exam will be in online mode.
There will be Objective questions.
There will be 90 questions
LEET Exam Pattern highlights are tabulated below:
|Type of Questions||MCQ|
|Total Marks||90 marks|
|Marking Scheme||+1 for each correct answer No Negative Marking|
|Sections||Section A- Basic Sciences (25 questions)|
|Section B- Electronic Stream Courses (25 questions)|
|Section C- Mechanical Stream Courses (20 questions)|
|Section D- Other Stream Courses (20 questions)|
Candidates can find below the subjects and topics included in each section:
- Section A: Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as well as Communication Skills and General Awareness.
- Section B: Elements of Electrical Engineering, Elements of Electronics Engineering, and Elements of Computer Engineering.
- Section C: Elements of Mechanical Engineering, Elements of Production Engineering/Manufacturing Processes, and Elements of Auto Engineering.
- Section D: Engineering disciplines of Civil, Textile, Chemical/ Printing, Ceramic, Food Technology, and Others including Agriculture, Architecture, Fashion Designing, and Technology.
Recommended Books for LEET 2018
There are plenty of reference material available for exam preparation of LEET 2018. Here is an indicative list of books that candidates can refer to.
|Book Name||Author’s Name/Publisher|
|LEET (Objective-Type) For Haryana||Vaneet Singh and Gurmeet Singh|
|Guide to LEET (Lateral Entry Entrance Test)||G.K. Publishers|
|Lateral Entry to Engineer Degree (B.E./B. Tech) Exam Guide: Entrance Exam||Ramesh Publishing House|
LEET 2018 Result
LEET 2018 will be announced online on both HSTES official website as well as the LEET official website www.onlinetesthry.gov.in, tentatively in June 2018. There is no provison for the re-evaluation of result and HSTES will entertain no requests for the same. To download LEET 2018 Score Card, follow the steps mentioned below
- Visit the official website and click on the link “Haryana LEET 2018 Results”
- Enter Application Number and DOB.
- The Result will be displayed on the screen.
- Download and print multiple copies of the result
In case of two candidates scoring equal marks, the following tie-break criteria will be adopted by the board:
- Candidates with the higher score in Mathematics will be ranked higher.
- Thereafter, score in Physics will be considered.
- In case the tie persists, an aggregate score of all Engineering subjects of the OLET will be considered.
- The final tie-breaking criteria is age - older candidate being given preference over the younger one.
LEET 2018 Counselling
Candidates need to register online on www.techadmissionshry.gov.in to take part in LEET online counseling and deposit the requisite counseling fee of INR 500 (for all candidates) through either online or offline mode.
Candidates must also submit their choice of programs and colleges in accordance with the eligibility criteria specified by HSTES. The fee structure of various self-financing technical institutions is available on the website www.techeduhry.gov.in. LEET Counseling Process is expected to be commence from July 2018. In total 124 engineering colleges are expected to take part in the seat allotment process.