KU CAT 2018 Registration, Eligibility, Exam Date, Result
For admission to MBA Programme at IMK Kariyavattom Campus and at University Institutes of Management (UIM), under the University of Kerala, scores of KMAT, CMAT or CAT (2017 onwards) will be considered. KU has abolished its university-level exam, KU CAT.
To register at Kerala University, the last date to apply is June 14 till 5 pm. Candidates with a Bachelor’s degree can apply at admissions.keralauniversity.ac.in. The application fee for all categories is INR 500.
- All registered candidates who provided valid score card are invited through SMS/email to participate in the Group Discussion and Interview rounds to be held based on their choice of course/centre at Trivandrum, Adoor and Alappuzha.
- A provisional rank list will then be published by Kerala University on July 13.
- The merit list is prepared with Entrance Test (80% weightage), Group Discussion (10% weightage) and Interview (10% weightage).
- Selected candidates will then be called for counselling, beginning from July 25.
Kerala University 2018 Exam Dates
The official notification for Kerala University is out. Candidates applying to its MBA programme must know all the important exam dates given below:
|Last date of submitting application form||June 14, 2018|
|Group Discussion and Personal Interview||July 5-6, 2018|
|Release date of provisional rank list||July 13, 2018|
|July 25-27, 2018|
|Commencement of classes||August 1, 2018|
Kerala University 2018 Eligibility
Candidates who wish to appear for KU CAT 2018 must know the eligibility criteria of the entrance examination. Candidates must ensure that they satisfy the below eligibility conditions before applying for it.
- Candidates should have a degree from an Indian university that is recognized by the Kerala University. The degree should be under regular stream and must be in 10+2+3 pattern or in10+2+4 pattern.
- Candidates must have passed the qualifying examination with a minimum of 50% marks in B.Com, BA, B.Sc., etc. that falls under 10+2+3 pattern.
- If candidates have a degree under 10+2+4 pattern such as B.Tech, B.Arch etc., they must have also passed the qualifying examination with a minimum of 50% marks.
- Those who have qualified post graduate degree examinations such as M.Com, MA. M.Sc etc. from an Indian university that is recognized by the Kerala University can apply for KU CAT. However, these candidates must have secured a minimum of 50% marks in the qualifying examination.
- Candidates who belong to SC/ST category will get preferences according to the rules specified by the Kerala University.
KU follows a strict reservation policy given below:
Socially and Educationally Backward Classes (SEBC)
(a) Ezhava (EZ) 8%
(b) Muslim (MU) 7%
(c) Latin Catholic /SIUC (LC) 1%
(d) Other Backward Christian (BX) 1%
(e) Other Backward Hindu (BH) 3%
|Economically Backward among Forward Communities (BPL)||10|
Kerala University 2018 Application Form
Candidates who fulfill the eligibility conditions of KU CAT 2018 can register themselves online at the official website of the Kerala University. The instructions for applying for KU CAT 2018 are as follows:
- Visit the official website of the Kerala University (www.admissions.keralauniversity.ac.in).
- Search the link for online admission that you can find on the home page.
- Register yourself with a username and password. You must retain the username and password carefully for future use.
- Download a copy of the Challan slip.
- Pay the application fee at any branch of SBT.
- Login to the official website of the Kerala University with your username and password after paying the application fee.
- Upload a scanned passport size photograph of yours that is recently taken. You also need to upload your scanned signature. The photograph and signature should be of the prescribed size and format.
- Click on “Save and Continue” button.
- Take a printout of the filled application form.
KU CAT Registration Fee
- The registration fee is INR 500.
- Candidates can also make the payment through demand draft in favor of “The Finance Officer, Kerala University” from SBT that should be payable at KUOC campus or from Cooperative banks that should be payable at Trivandrum.
Kerala University 2018 Admit Card
Since KU CAT does not exist anymore, there is no provision for download of the admit card. The scores of KMAT, CAT & CMAT are accepted for direct admission. Details of the admit cards of these exams is given below:
- KMAT-Kerala Admit Card Date 2018- Second week of June 2018
- CMAT Admit Card Date 2018- January 11, 2019
- CAT Admit Card Date 2018- October 18, 2018
Steps to download:
- Visit the official website
- Search for the link that says “Download hall ticket”.
- You will be redirected to a new page where you can download your admit card.
- Enter your registration number and date of birth.
- Click on the “submit” button.
- Download and take print for further use
The information that will be printed on your admit card will be as follows:
- Name of candidate
- Father’s name
- Date of birth
- Roll Number
- Venue of test
- Date and time of examination
- Important instructions for the exam
Kerala University 2018 Selection Procedure
- Candidates meeting the minimum eligibility criteria and who possess a valid score of CMAT/KMAT/CAT are called for Group Discussion and Interview rounds.
- The selection rounds for this year will be held from July 5-6, 2018.
- Names of shortlisted candidates will be published in a provisional merit list that will release on July 13.
Centers for Selection Rounds
|Trivandrum||Institute of Management in Kerala, University of Kerala, Karyavattom, Trivandrum||0471-2301145|
|Adoor||Emson Buildings, Parakkode.P.O, Adoor||0473-4244500|
|Alappuzha||Kerala University Building, Vadakkal.P.O.,Sanathanapuram, Alappuzha 688003||0477-2269289|
Factors Affecting Merit List
Kerala University 2018 Counselling
- Candidates who are finally selected are called for the counselling round.
- For 2018, Kerala University will conduct its counselling rounds from July 25-27, 2018.
- Admission is offered to candidates according to the rank secured.
- If candidates under SC/ST categories fail to be present on the day of counselling, those seats will be filled by OEC and OBC. If some seats are still available, they will be filled by open category candidates.
- Candidates need to submit their documents that will act as a proof that they are eligible for admission.
- Document verification of candidates is done on the day of counselling.
Details about MBA from Kerala University
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College