KU-CAT 2017 (Kerala University Common Entrance Test) is an entrance examination for the aspirants of Kerala state for taking admission into 2 year MBA at Institute of Management in Kerala (IMK), Kariavattom in Kerala for the academic session 2017-2018. Institute of Management in Kerala (IMK) is marked one of the top most B-Schools in India.
KU-CAT 2017 application forms are available from May 2017. KU-CAT 2017 is scheduled to be held in July, 2017. The candidates must satisfy the KU CAT 2017 Eligibility to apply for the examination. The KU CAT 2017 Application Fee is INR 500 for all categories.
The candidates can claim KU CAT 2017 Reservation during the KU CAT 2017 Selection Process. The other important details related to KU CAT 2017 have been mentioned in the article below.
KU-CAT 2017 Important Dates
The dates for all the stages of KU-CAT 2017 have been released. Candidates can apply for KU-CAT 2017 before June 30, 2017. Candidates who are willing to appear for KU-CAT 2017 have to register themselves and fill the application form online on the official website. Later candidates have to send the filled in KU-CAT 2017 application form to the IMK before the scheduled date.
Candidates can check the date sheet to stay updated about the processes of KU-CAT 2017.
|Event||KU-CAT 2017 Dates|
|Last date of receipt of completed online application form||June 30, 2017|
|Conduct of Group Discussion and Personal inetrview||July 10, 2017|
|Release of provisional rank list||July 20, 2017|
|Counselling at Senate Hall, Palayam, University of Kerala, Trivanduram 695034||July 24, 2017|
|Commencement of classes||Last week of July, 2017|
KU-CAT 2017 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates appearing for KU-CAT 2017 Exam must fulfill minimum requisite qualifications to be eligible for KU-CAT 2017. To be eligible for KU-CAT 2017, candidates must have completed their graduation degree with percentage of 50% or more.The selection of the candidates is on the basis of qualifying in the entrance test followed by Group Discussion and Interview.
Given below is a set of KU-CAT 2017 eligibility criteria for the candidates seeking admission in Kerala University for MBA Degree:
- Candidates should have studied and passed from any of the Indian University affiliated to University of Kerala. The study should be done in the pattern either of 10+2+3 or 10+2+4.
- Candidates appearing in final year/ final semester exam are also eligible to apply for KU-CAT 2017.
- The candidates who have passed M.A./M.Sc./M.Com. Or any other PG Level Courses from University of Kerala with 50% marks are also eligible to apply for admission into MBA Programmes.
- To be considered in merit, candidates should have a valid score card from any 1 of the entrance exam conducted by KMAT, CMAT, CAT or MAT. Scores of year 2017 and 2017 are considered as valid.
- Candidates who have completed studies in BA, B.Sc., B.Com, BE, B.Sc. (Agri.), B.Tech and other 4/5 years degree with at least 50% marks (no round off allowed), are eligible to apply for KU-CAT 2017.
KU-CAT 2017 Application Form
Candidates who are willing to take admission into MBA degree programmes have to register themselves on the University Website. The Application Forms along with the KU-CAT 2017 brochure can be downloaded from the official website www.keralauniversity.ac.in.
Instruction to fill KU-CAT 2017 Application Form
Given below is the set of instructions to fill the KU-CAT 2017 Application Form:
- The very first step for KU-CAT 2017 MBA online registration process is to click on “Click here for Registration” button available at the home page.
- After that, click on “Apply Online” link given above.
- Then candidates have to provide the mandatory personal details like Date of birth, Name, category, Gender and Email ID. After entering the required credentials, candidate will be allotted a Unique Application Number.
- After generating the KU-CAT 2017 Application Number, candidates should login with the Application Number and Password.
- Date of Birth will be the password by default (DD/MM/YYYY)
- There is no need to send the hard copies of online applications to the University.
KU-CAT 2017 Application Fees
The completed KU-CAT 2017 Application Form should be sent with the Demand Draft for INR 510/- in favour of“The Finance Officer, University of Kerala” drawn from SBT payable at KUOC Campus orfrom Cooperative Banks payable at Trivandrum/ Challan of INR 500/- payable at University Cash Counter for KU-CAT 2017 Application Fee.
The payment made by generating the challan (available after registering phase 1) or DD at any branch of SBT will only be considered.
The copies of Income Certificate/ BPL Certificate and Caste Certificate issued by the Competent Authority have to be enclosed with the KU-CAT 2017 Application Form. The KU-CAT 2017 application form should reach the following address in due date:
Professor and Head,
Institute of Management in Kerala, University of Kerala,
University Campus, Kariavattom, Thiruvananthapuram-695581
The application form received after March, 2017 (5:00 PM) will not be accepted.
KU-CAT 2017 Exam Centers
Kerala University conducts the KU-CAT 2017 at its only 3 exam centers. Candidates applying for KU-CAT 2017 will be allotted test center among the given below 3 mentioned KU-CAT 2017 exam centers-
The authority has right to cancel any of the exam centers or add more as per the requirement.
Candidates who qualify the KU-CAT 2017 and secures valid score will be invited to participate in Group Discussion (GD) and Interview. GD and interview will be held on July 10, 2017. Given below table provides the details of the KU-CAT 2017 test centers for GD and Interview
|Trivandrum||Institute of Cooperative Management, Poojappura, Trivandrum 695012||0471-2341326|
|Kollam||Technopark Building, Near Thumpara Market, Mundakkal, Kollam 691 001||0474-2765100|
|Adoor||Emson Buildings, Parakkode P.O, Adoor 691554||0473-4203200|
|Alappuzha||Kerala University Building, Vadakkal.P.O., Sanathanapuram, Alappuzha 688003||0477-2269289|
KU-CAT 2017 Reservation
As per the regulations of University Institutes of Management of University of Kerala, KU-CAT 2017 holds some reservation criteria of seats. Given below is the reservation policy for admission into MBA Programmes
|Category||Sub-Categories||Reservation of Seats|
|State Merit (SM)||--||50%|
Socially and Educationally Backward Classes (SEBC)
|Other Backward Hindu (BH)||3%|
|Latin Catholic /SIUC (LC)||1%|
|Other Backward Christian (BX)||1%|
Scheduled Castes & Scheduled Tribes
|Scheduled Castes (SC)||15%|
|Scheduled Tribes (ST)||05%|
|Economically backward among forward communities (BPL)||--||10%|
- Candidates who fall under communal reservation such as in SEBS, SC/ST and have BPL endorsement in Ration Card, aren’t eligible for BPL reservations.
- Those candidates who belongs to Forward Communities and are Economically Backward, are eligible for BPL reservations.
- Candidates who fall under BPL category have to produce BPL certificate from the Village Officer/ Revenue Authority.
- Billava and Thiyya will be considered as Ezhava Community for KU-CAT 2017 reservation.
- For SEBC candidates, the Annual Family Income should be below Rs. 6 lacs for getting the benefit of KU-CAT 2017 reservation.
- For SEBC reservation, 20% seats of the total seats for PG Programmes under this category in an institution will be taken as single unit. If necessary, for allotment of such reserved seats, rotation system will be followed.
KU-CAT 2017 Result
KU-CAT 2017 Result will be declared in July 2017 on the official website of University of Kerala. To check the KU-CAT 2017 result, candidates have to visit the official website. There they have to enter their unique application number and password and check for the result. KU-CAT 2017 score card can be downloaded from the official website.
KU-CAT 2017 Selection Process
There are various aspects that are involved in the admission process of KU-CAT 2017 and they are given below.
- There are only 5 options available for choosing centers per candidate for KU-CAT 2017 registration. In case, if a candidate wants to opt for more centers, an additional INR 100/- is need to be paid for each center opted over.
- Candidates who have a valid score card will be eligible and invited to participate in the GD & Interview. These levels of KU-CAT 2017 selection process will be held at the selected centers at Kollam, Adoor, Trivandrum and Alappuzha from June 13, 2017 onwards.
- The provisional rank list for KU-CAT 2017 admission for the MBA programme will be prepared on the basis of the scores obtained by the candidate in the KU-CAT 2017 entrance (70% weightage), Group Discussion (15% weightage) and Interview (15 % weightage), will be published in the 4th week of June 2017.
- The KU-CET 2017 counseling for admission into MBA programmes is likely to commence on July 24, 2017. Once a candidate chooses a center and pays the required fee, then under any circumstances the paid fees cannot be transferred to any other center even if any vacancies are available. Thus, it should be taken care while selecting a center.
- After the KU-CET 2017 registration process is over, there is no requirement of sending the hard copies to the University/ IMK/ UIM. Once the print out page appears, this means that the candidate has been registered successfully.
- Candidates who have passed their Under Graduation or Master’s Degree from other Universities will have to produce the Eligibility Certificate issued by the University of Kerala (Course Equivalency Certificate) at the time of KU-CAT 2017 admission. Only those candidates who produce their eligibility certificate and mark sheets of Degree or Master’s Degree, at the time of KU-CAT counselling, will be considered for admission.
- The KU-CAT 2017 counselling for admission into MBA Programmes will be held on July 24, 2017 at Senate Hall, Palayam, University of Kerala, Trivanduram 695034.
- IMK, MBA (General 40 seats) and MBA (Tourism – 40 seats) will be filled first. (20 in the merit and 20 in the reservation category of each programme) on the day of counseling.
- In the absence of eligible SC/ST candidates, the same will be filled by candidates belonging to OEC category and subsequently by SEBC candidates and finally by General candidates.
- The KU-CAT 2017 counselling for admission to MBA (Full time) programmes at Senate Hall, Palayam, University of Kerala, Trivanduram 695034. will be held on July 24, 2017.
- In the absence of eligible SC/ST candidates, the same will be filled by those candidates who belongs to OEC category and subsequently by SEBC category candidates and later by General candidates.