KPTCL Recruitment: Apply online for 1921 Posts
Karnataka Power Transmission Corporation which is commonly known as KPTCL provides a pool of opportunities in the form of recruitment for total of 1921 vacancies available for the post of Assistant Executive Engineer, Assistant Accounts Officer, Assistant Engineer, Junior Engineer, Assistant, and Junior Assistant. The organization is willing to invite online applications from brilliant and motivated job seekers. Indian nationals who are more than willing to get themselves associated with reputed organization can immediately apply for KPCTL jobs. The basic required eligibility to apply for KPTCL jobs is to have an engineering degree from any recognized board of education. For the purpose of applying for the vacancies, candidates need to visit the official page of KPTCL regularly for tracking new vacancies and announcements regarding it.
Job seekers who fulfill the eligibility criteria can apply for KPTCL by filling applications via online process as on or before the last date for each vacancy. KPTCL organization was established in 1999 under act of companies 1956. It has various zones and circle companies which are located at Bangalore, Mangalore, Hubli, Gulbarga and Chamundeshwari. These circles are famously known as ESCOMS.
The recruitment happens on a regular basis for posts like Junior Station Attendant, Assistant Engineer (Elec, Civil), Junior Engineer, Assistant accounts officer, Energy manager and many more. Candidates who want to apply for KPTCL 2016 must have completed their Engineering in the concerned discipline from any recognized board of education.
|Name of Corporation||Total Vacancies|
|Karnataka Power Transmission Corporation Limited(KPTCL)||728|
|Bangalore Electricity Supply Company (BESCOM)||192|
|Chamundeshwari Electricity Supply Corporation(CESC)||260|
|Hubli Electricity Supply Company (HESCOM)||341|
|Gulbarga Electricity Supply Company Limited (GESCOM)||400|
KPTCL Vacancy Details
KPTCL hires confident and dynamic candidates for various posts and to fill large number of vacancies. Below mentioned are the name of the posts with number of vacancies stated against each of them. Candidates can apply by meeting the specific eligibility criteria for each post, as for different posts there is different eligibility criteria.
|Name Of Posts||Number Of Vacancies|
|Assistant Executive Engineer (Elec.)||52|
|Assistant Engineer (Electrical)||416|
|Assistant Engineer (Civil)||24|
|Assistant Account Officer||296|
|Junior Engineer (Electrical)||409|
|Junior Engineer (Civil)||12|
KPTCL Jobs Educational Qualification
The aspirants who want to apply for KPTCL Recruitment must have completed their Engineering in the concerned discipline from any recognized board of education. However, they also need to meet a certain age limit criteria, for applying for the vacant posts. Below is the minimum educational qualification mentioned against each post, candidate can refer to the same for crosschecking eligibility.
|Name of the Posts||Qualifications|
|Assistant Executive Engineer(Elec.)||B.E/B.Tech in Electrical|
|Assistant Engineer (Elec.)||BE in Electrical|
|Assistant Engineer (Civil)||B.E in Civil Engineering|
|Assistant Accounts Officer||M.com or M.B.A (finance)|
|Junior Engineer (Elec.)||Diploma in Electrical|
|Junior Assistant||PUC/ Diploma in Accountancy|
Below mentioned is the category wise eligibility and their percentage required to apply for the posts of vacancies in KPTCL. Eligibility Criteria helps the candidates to know whether they can apply for the particular post or not. In accordance to different categories, KPTCL has allotted percentage criteria, which decides the cut-off slab considering which they can apply for any of the posts.
|Belongs to General Merit Category||60%|
|Belongs to category I, IIA, IIB, IIIA, IIIB||50%|
|Belongs to SC/ST||Pass Class|
KPTCL Age limit
The candidates who wants to apply for the vacant posts in KPTCL must need to satisfy the age limit as per the norms. Below mentioned is the detailed information about the age limit for application as prescribed by KPTCL.
The minimum age to apply for the posts offered by KPTCL is 18 years and should not exceed:
- 35 years in case of General merit candidates.
- 38 years in case of category IIA, IIB, IIIA and IIIB candidates.
- 40 years in case of SC/ST and Category candidates.
- Relaxation in age must be given according to the organization rules.
Guidelines to apply for KPTCL Application Form
Aspirants who wish to apply have to follow some easy guidelines as sited below for your reference:
- Firstly, access to web portal of Karnataka Power Transmission Corporation Limited through online mode that is www.kptcl.com
- Once you reach the homepage, candidate is required to press on “Recruitment” tab which is located at top of page in menu bar.
- Within few seconds, a new page will open up.
- Now, contenders have to hit on “Brief Employment Notification for Recruitment to the posts of AEE (Electrical), AE (Electrical/Civil), Asst Account Officer, JE (Electrical/Civil), Assistant, Junior Assistant in KPTCL and ESCOMS” link.
- By clicking on above stated link, notification will open up on your desktop. Read the notification carefully so that you do not miss out on important details.
- After reading notification, fill online application form with required details.
- Also, upload scanned images of signature and photograph, if needed.
- In last, for final submission of filled form press on “Submit” button.
- Candidate is suggested to take a print out of it for further use.
KPTCL Selection Methodology
Candidates will be selected on the basis of their scores in online aptitude test. Contenders who perform well in the test will be called for personal interview round and on the basis of which final selection will be made. For the reference of the candidates, we are providing with the information on syllabus of aptitude test for different posts.
|Name of the Posts||Marks and syllabus|
|Assistant Executive Engineer(Elec.)||75 marks-VTU Syllabus of Electrical/Electrical and Electronics of Discipline25 marks-General Awareness and Aptitude|
|Assistant Engineer (Elec.)|
|Assistant Engineer (Civil)||75 marks- VTU Syllabus of Civil Engineering discipline25 marks- General Awareness and Aptitude|
|Assistant Accounts Officer||75 Marks- M.Com, Banglore University syllabus, MBA(Finance), VTU Syllabus25 marks- General Awareness and Aptitude|
KPTCL Application Fees
Mentioned following is the prescribed application fee for filling up the form for applying to the vacancies under KPTCL
- The candidates need to pay application fees as Rs.500/- (General, category I, IIA, IIB, IIIA and IIIB) and 300/- (SC/ST) in any of the post office in the Jurisdiction of Karnataka.
- Additional amount of Rs. 15/- will have to be added as service charge of postal department.
KPTCL Remuneration for different posts
With high perquisites and job satisfaction, KPTCL provides high monthly emoluments to satisfy the needs of the employee. Below mentioned are the salary package per month for different posts.
|Name of the Posts||Salary|
|Assistant Executive Engineer(Elec.)||Rs.20,600/- Rs.43,850/-|
|Assistant Engineer (Elec.)||Rs.18380/- Rs.32,610/-|
|Assistant Engineer (Civil)|
|Assistant Accounts Officer|
|Junior Engineer (Elec.)||Rs.11,750/- Rs.29,070/-|
|Junior Assistant||Rs.9,050/- Rs.23080/-|