KMAT Application Form
KMAT 2017 Application Form filling window will conclude on July 16, 2017. The registration for KMAT is done via online mode. The form is available on the official website of Karnataka Management Aptitude Test (KMAT) i.e. kmatindia.com.
Listed below are some quick facts related to KMAT Application Form:
- Karnataka Private Post Graduate Colleges Association (KPPGCA) will release the application form for KMAT 2017
- Earlier, KMAT Registration was done via online and offline mode. But, from this year on, the registration can be done via online mode only.
- Application Fee for KMAT 2017 for all the categories and programs is INR 800 each
- Candidates willing to appear for 2 programs MBA/ PGDM and MCA have to fill separate forms. Also, they will have to pay a separate fee for each program.
- Minimum Qualification to apply for the All India exam is a Graduate Degree from a recognised university/ institute. Check KMAT Eligibility Criteria
- KPPGCA has no provision for making corrections in the application form at later stages. Hence, it is advised to fill the form carefully and re-view the same before submitting it.
- Candidates who have successfully registered can download KMAT Admit Card from July 28, 2017. Information related to hall ticket will be intimated on the registered email and mobile number. DownloadKMAT Admit Card 2017
Highlights of KMAT Application Form
|Exam Name||Karnataka Management Aptitude Test|
|Conducting Authority||Karnataka Private Post Graduate Colleges Association|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Availability of KMAT Application Form||May 20, 2017|
|Closing of KMAT Registration window||July 16, 2017|
|KMAT Application Fee||INR 800|
|KMAT Exam Date||July 30, 2017|
KMAT 2017 Eligibility
Candidates appearing for Karnataka MAT must clear the defined eligibility to be able to appear for exam. KPPGCA has laid out KMAT Eligibility for the management exam. The eligibility for candidates to appear in the exam is listed below:
KMAT Eligibility for MCA Program:
- Minimum Qualification: A candidate must possess a graduate degree i.e. he/ she must have a Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized University
- Minimum Marks: It is necessary to have a minimum of 50% marks. And for SC/ ST category candidates, they should have a minimum of 45% marks
- Mandatory subject in the qualifying exam: Candidates selecting this program should have Mathematics subject in their Bachelor’s.
KMAT Eligibility for MBA/ PGDM Program:
- Minimum Qualification: A candidate should have a Bachelor’s degree of 3 years or more
- Permissible Streams: Commerce, Management, Arts, Social Sciences, Engineering/ Technology or equivalent.
How to Apply for KMAT 2017?
From this year, candidates can register themselves via online mode only. The form will be available for filling for a limited time period only. It is important to fill the same carefully and in time. KPPGCA, conducting body of KMAT 2017 released KMAT Application Form on May 20, 2017. Notification of KMAT Registration
Steps to be followed while filling the form are as follows:
- Visit KMAT official website i.e. kmatindia.com
- Scroll down and click on “Apply Now for KMAT 2017”
- After clicking on Apply Now tab, a new window informing about ‘General Instructions for KMAT 2017’ will appear. Read the instructions carefully before starting the registration.
- Candidates registering for the first time will have to click on ‘Register’ tab. Whereas, for the ones who have already registered have to click on ‘Login’ tab.
- Next, the application form of KMAT 2017 will appear. It will ask the following details:
- Name: The candidate must write their name as mentioned on their School Leaving Certificate.
- Nativity by Birth/ Domicile: The candidate must tick to the blank of Non-Karnataka, if they do not belong to the Karnataka by birth or domicile.
- Gender: Candidates must tick the appropriate gender.
- Applying for: Candidates must tick the correct examination they are applying for. If they fail to choose the correct option, their processed score will be incorrect.
- Date of Birth: The candidate must enter their date of birth in DD/MM/YYYY format and also as per the 10th class certificate
- Age as on May 31, 2017: what is the exact age of the aspirant from the given date
- Email Address: One must provide a correct mail ID, as all the formal communications related to KMAT 2017 will be done on the email ID provided.
- Mobile Number: This is another source of communication. Any information or details related to the examination will also be communicated on the number provided but in a brief format.
After filling in all the details correctly, it is important to re-view it again. Next, one can then click on ‘Submit’ tab and the following message will appear as indicated below:
- Click on ‘Login’ tab. Enter KMAT Registration Number and Date Of Birth in order to fill the whole KMAT Application Form.
Fields to be filled in KMAT Application Form
- Personal & Educational Details as shown in the following screenshot:
- Uploading Images – Uploading of candidate’s Photo and scanned signature as per the standards mentioned.
- Preview Details – After filling all the details in KMAT Application Form, one must re-view the form. It is important to go through all the details again as there is no provision of correcting any details after KMAT Registration concludes.
- Payment Details – This is the final step or field in the whole application process. After completion of this step, the form will be received by the authorities. For KMAT 2017, the application fee for all the programs is INR 800. It needs to be paid through Demand Draft form. The DD should be in favour of “KMAT 2017” and should be payable at Bangalore.
Details in KMAT Application Form
KPPGCA has defined guidelines and instructions to fill the application form for KMAT. It is advised to follow the same in order to successfully register them for the exam. Listed below are the instructions as per the conducting authority:
- Name : Candidate’s name as mentioned on the School Leaving Certificate.
- Nativity: Select an appropriate option to confirm the nativity. Candidates who do not belong to Karnataka state by either Birth or Domicile, click on the option - Non-Karnataka candidate.
- Choice of Test Centre: Select preferred test center city from the list of cities provided. One must take note, that once the city is selected changes will not be allowed.
- Gender: One needs to tick the appropriate gender.
- Applying for: Select the test for which one is appearing. Wrong option will result in incorrect processing of KMAT score.
- Date of Birth: Enter the Date of Birth in DD/MM/YYYY format in the space provided.
- Stream : Select the stream in which the graduation degree is obtained
- Address : Write complete postal mailing address including the first name in CAPITAL LETTERS. Failure to write complete address might result in non-receipt of postal communication if any.
- Photo and Signature: Candidates have to make a scan copy of Passport Size Photograph (Max. 500 Kb) and Signature (500 kb) before they start the registration for KMAT.
- Candidates who are applying for either MBA or MCA have to make an online payment of INR 1000
- Candidates who want to take up both MBA and the MCA test will have to register for each test separately. Two separate Hall Tickets will be issued.
- It is advised to make a photocopy of the application form as a proof of acknowledgment.
Benefits of taking KMAT 2017
Bangalore is the IT capital of India and is an established market for potential candidates. KMAT headquarters at Karnataka for management aspirants all over India and abroad. With an affordable take on the exam, candidates have the opportunity of the admission in the top management colleges in Karnataka. Below are a few of the many benefits one gets by taking KMAT:
- KMAT Exam conducted by Karnataka Private Post Graduate Colleges Association (KPPGCA) offers admission in top 169+ AICTE approved university of Karnataka. These universities are affiliated by MBA institutes in Bangalore and the rest of Karnataka.
- KMAT 2017 can be taken by any student from any part of India. However, the candidate must meet the eligibility criteria of the examination.
- KMAT provides it’s candidates an opportunity for the bright and vibrant jobs for their accelerating careers. Karnataka and Bangalore, the silicon valley of India, is number one destination for the candidates desirous for taking admission in Management Process.
- The application process of KMAT is easy and convenient for the students which makes it affordable for the students.
- KMAT is an affordable exam because of its conventional nature. It is a paper-pencil based test which makes it easier for students to attempt.
- Karnataka has been attracting the global market which attracts global audience and employment which is an opportunistic market for the upcoming management candidates.
- KMAT is held in more than 10 cities across India. Candidates from all over India and abroad can apply for KMAT 2017.
List of Participating Colleges
KMAT is the gateway for more than 169 colleges + AICTE Institutes for MBA aspirants. It offers admission in the best MBA colleges in Bangalore and the rest of the Karnataka. These colleges are affiliated by various reputed universities of Karnataka. Apart from MBA, it provides the selected candidates in other management courses like PGDM and MCA. Following are the 10 best colleges in Karnataka which accept KMAT scores.
|PES Institute of Technology and Management||Bengaluru||MCA|
|St. Aloysius Institute of Management and Information Technology (AIMIT)||Mangaluru||MBA|
|Sambhram Academy of Management Studies (SAMS, Bangalore)||Bengaluru||MBA|
|Bharatesh Education Trust’s Global Business School (BETGBS)||Belagavi||MBA|
|KLS Gogte Institute of Technology (KLSGIT)||Belagavi||MBA|
|Acharya Institute of Management and Sciences||Bengaluru||MBA|
|ISBR Business School||Bengaluru||MBA/PGDM|
|IFIM Business School||Bengaluru||PGDM|