KMAT Kerala 2018 Application Form, Eligibility, Dates
Kerala Management Aptitude Test (KMAT Kerala) is a state-level entrance test for admission to MBA programme in various Government/Private colleges of Kerala. MG University is organizing KMAT Kerala 2018. The exam is held twice a year.
- KMAT 2018 Application Form is available now. Apply before January 20 at KMAT Official Website i.e. kmatkerala.in.
- General category candidates must pay INR 1000/- (INR 750/- for SC/ ST) as the application fee.
- KMAT Kerala 2018 is scheduled for February 4 in offline mode. Read More About KMAT Kerala Exam Pattern
- The paper has 4 sections – English Language Usage & Reading Comprehension, Quantitative Aptitude, Data Sufficiency & Logical Reasoning and General Knowledge & Contemporary Business Scenario. Practice KMAT Kerala Sample Papers
- Successfully registered candidates can download KMAT 2018 Admit Card from the first week of January onwards.
- KMAT Kerala 2018 Result will be declared by ASC (Admission Supervisory Committee) at asckerala.org in March 2018.
KMAT Kerala 2018 Highlights
|Exam Name||Kerala Management Aptitude Test (KMAT)|
|Conducting Body||MG University (Mahatma Gandhi University, Kerala)|
|Exam Mode||Offline (Pen-Paper Based Test)|
|Periodicity||Twice a year|
|KMAT Kerala 2018 Exam Date||February 4, 2018|
|KMAT Official Website||www.kmatkerala.in|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|KMAT Kerala Contact Detailsemail@example.com | 0471-2335133|
KMAT 2018 Exam Dates (Announced)
The revised exam dates for KMAT Kerala 2018 have been announced by ASC (Admission Supervisory Committee). Check the entire schedule for KMAT Kerala in the table below.
|Availability of KMAT Kerala Application Form 2018||November 15, 2017|
|Last date to submit KMAT Kerala Application Fee||January 19, 2018|
|Last date to submit KMAT Kerala Application Form 2018||January 20, 2018|
|Availability of KMAT Kerala 2018 Admit Card||January 2018|
|KMAT Kerala 2018 Exam date||February 4, 2018|
|KMAT Kerala 2018 Result Date||March 2018|
KMAT Kerala 2018 Eligibility
KMAT Kerala eligibility criteria are issued by Mahatma Gandhi University, supervised by Admission Supervisory Committee. For the purpose of admissions to MBA courses in various colleges affiliated to different Universities of Kerala, only the score of CAT/CMAT or KMAT Kerala would be considered valid.
KMAT Kerala Eligibility Criteria are mentioned below:
- Aspirant must be an Indian citizen.
- Aspirant should be a native of Kerala.
- Candidates should have completed their Bachelors’ Degree of minimum 3 years duration. The degree should be from any recoganised education body in Commerce, Management, Arts, Social Sciences, Engineering / Technology or equivalent.
- Candidates who are appearing in the final year of the qualifying examination are also eligible to apply, provided their results are declared before the commencement of admission process.
- One should have secured at least 50% aggregate. For SC/ST category candidates, 40 percent aggregate is required.
KMAT Kerala 2018 Application Form
KMAT 2018 Registration can be done between November 15- February 20 in online mode. Applying for KMAT Kerala involves 2 main steps:
Step 1: Submitting the Application Fee
The first step is to pay the required KMAT application fee. It can be paid via Debit card/Credit Card/Net Banking. After successful payment, the applicants will receive an “SB Collect Reference Number” along with a receipt of payment of fee. One should make sure to preserve them for future use.
The category-wise fee is given below:
|General Candidates||INR 1000/-|
Step 2: Fill Online Application Form
- On the next working day of payment of the Application fee, complete online submission of application.
- Login by entering the ‘SB Collect Reference Number’ and Date of Birth.
- Enter Personal Details, Academic Details, and Contact details carefully in the online application form.
- Once filled, a unique Application Number will be generated and displayed on the top of this page.
- Candidate must keep this Application Number, which is later required to print the Hall Ticket and for future correspondence if required.
Note: The resolution of photograph and signature must be of 150 X 200pixel in jpg format individually and Image size must be equal to or less than 40 KB each. For any help Contact Admission Supervisory committee at 0471-2335133 or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: In the case of any query,contact theAdmission Supervisory Committee, 0471-2335133, 9847159241 (LBS Centre for Science and Technology).
KMAT Kerala 2018 Admit Card
Candidates who successfully register themselves can download KMAT Admit Card from the first week of January onwards. The steps to download the admit card of KMAT Kerala is mentioned below.
Step 1: Visit the official website of KMAT Kerala 2018.
Step 2: Enter the “SB Collect Reference Number” and “Date of Birth”.
Step 3: Click on the link “Download Admit card”
Step 4: View and check all the details carefully.
Step 5: Download and take a printout of admit card for future reference.
Details on KMAT Kerala 2018 Admit Card
- Address of the KMAT Kerala test center
- Test date and time
- Admit card number
- Photograph of student
- Personal Details of the Candidate
- Course and Subject
KMAT Kerala 2018 Exam Centers
KMAT Kerala 2018 will be held in the below cities:
|KMAT Kerala Exam Centres|
KMAT Kerala 2018 Exam Pattern
- KMAT Kerala exam date- February 4, 2018
- Mode of exam- Offline
- Total questions- 180 objective questions
- Duration- 2 hours and 30 minutes
- Medium- English
- Total marks 720
- Marking Scheme- +4 marks for correct answer, no negative marking
KMAT Kerala Section-wise Pattern
|Section Name||No. of Questions|
|English Language and Reading Comprehension||50|
|Data Sufficiency & Logical Reasoning||40|
|General Knowledge & Contemporary Business Scenario||40|
Read More About KMAT Kerala Exam Pattern
KMAT Kerala 2018 Syllabus
KMAT Kerala 2018 like most of the MBA entrance tests conducted in the country is a graduate level exam. The syllabus for the test is also similar to other MBA entrance exams like CAT or CMAT. KMAT Kerala 2018 Syllabus for all 4 sections is given below:
- English Language and Reading Comprehension
There will be total 50 questions from this section. This section primarily contains questions from topics such as English grammar, Vocabulary and Language Usage, Comprehension Passage, etc.
- Quantitative Aptitude
The questions are based on topics such as Arithmetic, Algebra, Mensuration, Calculus, Geometry, etc.
- Data Sufficiency and Logical Reasoning
This section is an assessment of the candidate’s ability to analyze and interpret data. The questions are framed in the form of various graphs, pie charts, charts, etc. in the data sufficiency section. There are 40 questions in this section.
- General Knowledge and Contemporary Business Scenario
This section is worth 40 marks also. It covers various questions from the latest current affairs and trending topics of the year. The candidates should read newspapers, business journals, and magazines regularly to gain a stronghold on this subject.
Download previous years’ KMAT Kerala Question Papers
KMAT Kerala Preparation Books
Some of the important books for KMAT Kerala are mentioned below. It would be beneficial to go through them while preparing for the management entrance exam. Going through multiple important books aids in a comprehensive preparation. The candidates will know all the important topics and sections and can improve their speed and accuracy by solving vivid practical exercises. Check KMAT Kerala Preparation Tips
|Preparation Books for KMAT Kerala 2018|
|Pearson Guide to Quantitative Aptitude and Data Interpretation for CAT by Nishit Sinha, Publisher- Pearson||Class 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th and 12th Textbooks of NCERT/Kerala State Board|
|Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examination Tips, Techniques, and Short-cut Methods by Abhijit Guha||Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension by Ajay Singh, Publisher – Arihant|
Pearson Guide to Verbal Ability and Logical Reasoning for CAT by Nishit Sinha, Publisher- Pearson
|Business English and Communication by Clark Zimmer, Publisher- Mcgraw Hill Ryerson|
KMAT Kerala 2018 Result
The result of KMAT Kerala 2018 will be declared in March. Candidates can download their scorecards from the official website.The steps to check KMAT Kerala Result are given below:
Step 1: Visit theofficial site of KMAT Kerala
Step 2: Click on “Get Scorecard”
Step 3: Enter login credentials- Roll No, Date of Birth
Step 4: Scorecard of KMAT Kerala 2018 would be displayed on the screen.
Step 5: View the details and download it.
KMAT Kerala 2018 Cutoff
The minimum marks required for qualifying in KMAT Kerala, as stipulated by ASC, Kerala, is mentioned in the table below. There will be no rounding off marks to the nearest whole number. The qualifying cut off marks for CAT and CMAT will be same and at par with the qualifying cut off marks of KMAT.
KMAT Kerala 2018 Selection Procedure
Candidates have to apply for admission to individual colleges/institutions. For the purpose of admitting candidates on basis of CAT/CMAT/KMAT scores, ASC (Admission Supervisory Committee) will consider the following total score of each exam to prepare the KMAT Kerala 2018 cutoff. The weightage given to Entrance Examination, Group Discussion and interview is 80:10:10 respectively. Based on the KMAT Kerala Rank List, the qualified candidates can get admission in the participating institutes.
|Entrance Exam||Total Score|
|KMAT Kerala (MBA Exam)||720 marks|
NOTE: For the purpose of admission, ASC calculates the percentage out of above-mentioned total scores. The conducting body does not consider percentile for purpose of offering admission. Candidates have to apply for admission on the basis of merit list declared by each of the participating universities. They should carry the KMAT Kerala 2018 Admit Card and scorecard apart from the other counseling documents. The norms and regulations for claiming seats under various reserved quotas would differ from institute to institute.
KMAT Kerala 2018 Participating Colleges
The list of top colleges accepting KMAT Kerala is provided below.
- Kannur University
- Kerala Agricultural University
- KUFOS (Kerala University Of Fisheries and Ocean Studies)
- APJ Abdul Kalam Technological University