KLEE (Kerala Law Entrance Exam) 2017 entrance examination for 5 year LLB is a state level exam conducted by the Commissioner of Entrance Examination which offers a double degree integrated course combining bachelors’ degree in any discipline with a degree course in law.
It is held once every year in the month of July and offers admission to 4 government colleges and in private self-financing colleges.
Question paper consists of 200 Objective types multiple choice questions for which the candidates will be provided with 3 hours. Admissions to the courses will be based on the rank of the candidate in the entrance exam.
- An Indian national candidate with 45% aggregate in 10+2 is eligible to give the examination. However, the aggregate is 42% for SEBC (Socially and Economically Backward Classes) and 40% for SC/ST category candidates.
- Only online application forms are available for the registration on the official website of CEE Kerala i.e. www.cee-kerala.org. Sending the forms to the office address will not be entertained.
- Application fee can be paid online through net banking as well as through e-challan which can be paid at any head or sub post office in Kerala.
- Admit card for examination is issued online only. Candidate can download it through CEE Kerala website. No, admit cards will be sent via post to any candidate under any circumstances.
- There are various exam centers, in which LLB 5-year entrance exam is held in the region of Thiruvananthapuram, Ernakulum, Thrissur, and Kozhikode.
- Results for the exam is announced online and the allotment of course and college to a candidate is done according to the rank scored by candidate.
KLEE 2017 Highlights
|Date of the Examination||July 2nd, 2017|
|Conducting Body||Commissioner of Entrance Examination|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Medium of Exam||Pen and paper|
|Duration of Exam||3 Hours|
|Type and Number of Question||200 Objective type questions|
|Sections||3 sections; General English, General Knowledge, Aptitude for Legal Studies|
|Courses Offered||5 year LLB course|
|Number of Seats||320 seats|
KLEE 2017 EXAM DATES
Commissioner of Entrance Examination invites application for integrated LLB 5-year program on the official website of the office of CEE, Government of Kerala i.e. www.cee-kerala.org
Following are some of the important days related to Kerala LLB 5-year entrance examination.
|KLEE 2017||Important Dates|
|Application form submission starting date||June 5, 2017|
|Application form submission last date||June 16, 2017|
|Availability of Admit Card||June 26, 2017|
|Date of Entrance Examination||July 02, 2017|
|Result Declaration for Exam||July 2017 (Tentatively)|
KLEE 2017 Eligibility Criteria
A candidate desirous of joining the Integrated LLB 5-year course should have passed Kerala Higher Secondary Examination or any other examination recognized as equivalent by universities in Kerala. Candidate must fulfill the following eligibility criteria’s-
- Age Limit- Candidate should be 17 years of age. No upper age limit for admission to the course.
- Citizenship/Residential Criteria- Candidate should be a citizen of India.
- Academic Qualification- Should have passed 10+2 with minimum of 45%. SEBC candidates should have passed the qualifying examination with 42% and SC/ST students have to qualify the equivalent examination with 40% in aggregate
KLEE 2017 Application Form
All students seeking admission to the courses should apply online through the website of the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations. Candidates should keep a copy of application form for future reference-
- Log onto the official website of Commissioner of Entrance Examination. www.cee.kerala.gov.in
- Click on the link which says- 5 year LL.B Course 2017- Online Application
- Candidates will get system generated Application Number. The candidates have to give a necessary basic data and create a strong unique password which should include
- Minimum length of 8 characters
- Minimum of 1 alphabet character
- Minimum of 1 number
- Minimum of 1 symbol
- Application form appears. Fill in the most basic details including your Name, DOB, Address, Gender, Academic Qualifications, Category, etc. It is Obligatory that the candidates fill all the mandatory fields in the application.
- Payment of Application fee can be done either online through Net banking from your Debit/Credit card or through an e-Challan which can be downloaded from the website.
- Candidates have to upload their necessary documents in the form which includes photograph, signature, and documents in the prescribed format only.
- Photograph of Candidate- A studio generated colored passport size photograph between 10 to 30 KB, of 150x200 pixels
- Photograph should not be taken in a cap or goggles. Spectacles are allowed if being used generally. Polaroid or computer/mobile generated photos not allowed.
- Signature of the Candidate- Signatures should be in blue/black ink only. Scanned copy in JPG/JPEG format. 150x100 pixels of not more than 30 KB.
- Certificate/Documents- Should be uploaded in a PDF format below 300 KB. Following documents should be uploaded
- Nativity Proof
- Certificates obtained from TAHSILDAR for SC/ST community verification.
- Non-Creamy layer certificate in the case of SEBC/OEC.
- Inter-Caste Marriage Certificate for candidates who are children of inter-caste married couples with one parent as ST/ST.
- Age Proof
- Special reservation certificate if applicable
- Attested copy of certificate from the medical board for person with disabilities.
- Any other documents mentioned in notification of the Entrance Examination.
- After successfully filling in the details and uploading the necessary documents, it is advised that the candidates print the form and keep it for future use.
Note: Do not send the Application for to the office of the Commissioner of Entrance Examination.
KLEE 2017 Application Fee
Two payment methods are available for remitting the application fee-
1. Online Payment- Fee can be paid through payment gateway.
- Those having an internet bank account, credit card or debit card can make use of it.
2. E-Challan (post office payment) - Applicant needs to take a print out of e-Challan from the website.
- Log onto the Official website of Commissioner of Entrance Examination www.cee.kerala.gov.in
- Click on the Online Application from the website.
- Click on the ‘PRINT e-CHALLAN’ button to download it.
Payment can be made in any of the head and sub post offices in Kerala. In case of unsuccessful payment of fee-
1. Online payment- Successful payment of fee will turn the PAYMENT tab on the top green. In case of unsuccessful payment, the candidate would be guided back to the home page and can make necessary payments again.
- If the final confirmation is not displayed (success or failure) and the candidate is uncertain about the outcome, then re-login into your account and inspect the ‘Pay Application Fee’ tab if it is green or not.
- If the candidate’s account is debited for an unsuccessful attempt, then the amount will be reverted to his/her account within 5 days.
2. E-Challan Payment- Candidates are advised to log into their accounts and examine the ‘Application Fee Payment’ to make sure that the post office has updated the status.
- Candidate is advised to contact the concerned post office and get the payment status updated.
KLEE 2017 Admit Card
Admit card for Kerala LLB 5 year 2017 admit card will be issued by Commissioner of Entrance Examination online after June 26 onward. It will only be issued to the applicants whose application form will reach the officials before the last date of submission. Admit card contains following details-
- Photograph of the candidate
- Applicants name
- 7-digit Application number of the candidate
- Date of Birth
- Name of the Examination
- Venue and Date of the Examination
Admit card has to be downloaded by the students from the website of entrance examination. Hall tickets will not be issued to candidate’s offline. Here are a few steps to help you download it.
- Log onto the official website of Commissioner of Entrance Examination - www.cee.kerala.gov.in
- Click on the link which says Kerala LLB 5 year Admit card 2017
- Fill in the details such as Application Number, Date of Birth etc. and click on SUBMIT.
- After submitting the details, admit card will appear on the screen.
- Download and save it for future use.
Admit card is a very important document that you have to carry to the exam center. Without it, a candidate will be debarred from giving the exam. It should be noted that admit card will not be issued offline, under any circumstances.
KLEE 2017 Results
Results for Kerala LLB 5 years 2017 are released online on the official website of CEE Kerala i.e. www.cee.kerala.gov.in
A merit list with name, roll number and score of shortlisted students is released for admissions in law programs offered in University of Kerala and other self-financing colleges of the state.
Candidates can follow these steps to check their results-
- Log onto the official website of Commissioner of Entrance Examination www.cee.kerala.gov.in
- Click on the What’s New button available on the top right corner of the page.
- Click on LLB 5 Year Results option
- Fill in your Application Number and Password to access your results details.
To qualify and figure in the rank for admissions to integrated 5-year LLB course, a general category candidate should get a minimum of 10% marks in the entrance and a candidate belonging to SC/ST category should get a minimum of 5% of total marks. Total marks are 600 in the exam.
Allotment of all the courses will be published online in the form of a MEMO which will show the course and college to which the candidate is allotted and the fee remitted for the course allotted.
KLEE 2017 Exam Centers
Commissioner of Entrance Examination conducts Kerala LLB 5-year entrance exam in different centers spread across the state. Following are the exam centers for Kerala LLB 5 years 2017-
KLEE 2017 Exam Pattern
Admission to the courses will be based upon the rank of the candidate appearing in the Entrance Exam.
- Exam will be of 3 hours duration and will consist of 200 objective type questions.
- Paper will be divided into 3 parts which comprise of General English, General Knowledge, and Aptitude for Legal Studies in multiple choice questions.
- General English and General Knowledge section comprise of 65 questions each and Aptitude for Legal Studies consists of 70 questions.
- 3 marks are awarded for each correct response and deduction of 1 mark is done for every wrong answer. Non-attempted questions will not lead to any negative marking.
- More than one answer marked will be treated as incorrect and negative marking will be done for the same.
|Mode of Examination||Offline|
|Number or Questions||200|
|Duration of Exam||3 Hours|
|Section in paper||General English, General Knowledge, Aptitude for Legal Studies|
KLEE 2017 Syllabus
Office of Commissioner of Entrance Examination releases the syllabus for Kerala LLB 5 year 2017. Candidates can consider studying these topics for exam.
|General English||Reading Comprehension|
|Foreign words and phrases|
|General Knowledge||International events|
|Major developments in Sports, Geopolitics, and important environmental agreements|
|Awards and Honors|
|Aptitude for Legal Studies||Jurisprudence|
|Law of Crimes|
|Contracts and Constitutional Law|
|Intellectual property rights|
|Legal Awareness covering constitutional law and polity|
Following books can be referred for a complete and content preparation for the entrance exam-
|Name of the Book||Author|
|A Guide to Critical Legal Studies||By- Mark Kelman|
|Guide to LLB Entrance Examination 21st Edition||Universal’s|
|The Ultimate Guide to the LLB Entrance Examination||By- M A Rashid and Nisa Fasil|
|Universal’s Practice Test Papers LLB Entrance Exam (3 years)||Mehta Gaurav|