KEAM 2018 is a state level entrance exam conducted by the Commissioner of Entrance Examination (CEE), Kerala. The registration process for KEAM 2018 will start in the month of January, 2018.The exam was initially conducted for admission in courses of Engineering, Architecture and Medical in the colleges of Kerala. However, since 2016, KEAM serves as entry point only for engineering aspirants. Check KEAM Rank list for Engineering
Now, for admission in medical and allied health science courses, candidate must qualify the NEET exam and for architecture course, candidates have to clear the NATA exam. KEAM 2018 for engineering courses will be conducted in pen and paper mode. The exam consists of two papers. The total duration of exam is 5 hours. While paper one deals with the Chemistry and Physics, paper 2 will contain Mathematic questions.
Candidates, who have passed their 10+2 examination, are allowed to take admission through KEAM 2018.Students appearing for the qualifying exam may also appear for the entrance test. The allotment of seats in various engineering colleges is done on the basis on rank list of KEAM examination. Check B.Pharma and Pharm.D admissions through KEAM
KEAM 2018 Exam Highlights
|Exam Name||Kerala Engineering Architecture Medical Exam (KEAM)|
|Conducting Body||Commissioner for Entrance Exam, Kerala (CEE Kerala)|
|Exam Type||State Level Examination|
|Exam Date||May 23-24, 2018|
|Eligibility Criteria||Must have passed 10+2 with minimum 50% marks|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Exam Mode||Pen and Paper Based|
|Duration||2 hours 30 minutes|
|Number of Seats||Engineering Seats- 56407|
|Architecture Seats- 1040|
|Medical Seats- 7100|
KEAM 2018 Exam Dates
KEAM 2018 notification will be released in the first week of January, 2018. The candidates can fill the KEAM 2018 Application Form in the month of January, 2018. Candidates must note that the data given below is to give idea about the schedule of the exam. Actual dates for all the events pertaining to the exam will be available soon.
|Release of Notification||January, 2018 (First Week)|
|Release of Application Form||January, 2018 (First Week)|
|Last Date to Apply Online||January, 2018 (Last Week)|
|Release of Admit Card||March, 2018 (Last Week)|
|KEAM 2018 Examination||April 23,24, 2018|
|Declaration of Result||May, 2018 (Last Week)|
KEAM 2018 Eligibility Criteria
A candidate must fulfil the KEAM 2018 eligibility criteria before applying for the exam. The detailed eligibility criteria for KEAM is given below: -
- Nationality: The candidate must be the citizen of India.
- Persons of Indian Origins (PIO) /Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) card holders can also apply for the examination.
- Nativity: For the purpose of admission, there is made distinction of three categories of nativity.
- Domicile: All candidates with the domicile of Kerala are grouped as Keralites for the eligibility purpose. Children of All India Services Officers who are posted under the cadre of Kerala will also be part of this group. In the latter case, a certificate of proof of service for parents in Kerala needs to be presented.
- Non – Keralite 1: Candidate living in Kerala for at least 5 years in the study period of 12 years will be part of NK 1 category. The children of non-Keralite parents who have studied twelfth class will also be part of this category, if either of the parents is in defense services or employee of Government of India.
- Non – Keralite 2: All the candidates who do not belong to either of the above two categories will be part of NK 2 category. Candidates belonging to this category will have the eligibility to get admission in the engineering courses through management quota seats in self – financing colleges controlled by the Government.
- Age Limit: To satisfy the eligibility criteria for KEAM 2018, a candidate should be of minimum of 17 years of age as on 31st December of the year 2018.
- There is no upper age limit.
- Qualifying Examination: Candidates seeking admission in engineering courses must have passed 12th or equivalent exam from any recognized board.
- Candidate must have obtained minimum 50% marks in PCM subjects. It is necessary to score 50% marks in mathematics individually.
- Students appearing in the Higher Secondary examination are also eligible to apply. In this case, the candidate must pass the examination with the above-mentioned criteria in order to be eligible to take admission through KEAM 2018.
KEAM 2018 Application Form
The registration process for KEAM 2018 will commence from the first week of January next year. The form can be filled online. In order to apply successfully to appear for KEAM 2018, a candidate must fulfill all the formalities as mentioned below:
Step 1 Registration: Registration can be done by visiting the official website of KEAM. www.cee-kerala.org/index.php/keam
Click on KEAM 2018 online application when the registration process starts. Click on “Candidate Registration & fill all the required details” and select the “Register” button. The applicant registration confirmation page will be displayed.
All the necessary information such as name, phone number and email address must be supplied accurately. On clicking the confirm button the application number and password for future use will be generated. This is used to fill the application form.
Step 2 Filling up The Application Form: Using the login credentials received in the email while registration process, the applicants need to login. Once the application form is available after successful, candidates are required to fill all the details mentioned in the form.
The applicants also need to upload the scanned images of their recent photograph. It is advised to check all the details thoroughly before pressing the submit button of the application form.
Step 3 Payment of Application Fee: After submission of application form the applicants have to submit the application fee. Application fee can be paid either with Security Card or by the Demand Draft (DD).
The DD should be drawn in favor of the “Commissioner for Entrance Examinations”, payable at Thiruvananthapuram. Demand draft can be made from a Nationalized/Scheduled Bank.The pay structure is different for each category.
|Scheduled Caste||Rs. 500/-|
Step 4- Print-out of the Application Form: Once the application procedure is completed, the applicants are to take the print out of the KEAM application form 2018. This duly filled application form has to be made ready for submission. A candidate must:
- Affix a recent photograph of self of the size- 3.5 x 4.5 cm.
- Get the application form attested by the Head of the Institution or by a Gazetted Officer.
- Affix the left-hand thumb impression of self in the provided space.
- Get the form signed by self and parents / guardians.
- Send the filled application form: The applicants need to send their duly filled application forms along with all the required documents at the following address.
The Commissioner for Entrance Examination,
5th Floor, Housing Board Buildings
Santhi Nagar, Thiruvananthapuram
Kerala 695 001
KEAM 2018 Admit Card
Candidates whose application form has been accepted successfully will be issued with the admit card. The admit card will have to be produced at the examination center during the examination. Candidates will find all the relevant information regarding the exam, such as exam center, timing, instruction etc. written on the admit card.
Admit card for the exam can be downloaded online from the official website of CEE. For KEAM 2018, admit card will be made available in March, 2018. Admit card can be downloaded by following steps:
- Candidate has to visit the official Website of CEE Kerala: www.cee-kerala.org/index.php/keam
- Click on the link of KEAM 2018 Admit Card
- Put the application number, date of birth and Captcha
- Admit Card of the candidate will appear on screen
- Take the print out of that Admit Card
KEAM 2018 Exam Pattern
KEAM 2018 exam will be conducted offline and will be pen and paper based. It comprises of three sections: Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry. The examination is held in two papers. One paper contains questions related to Physics and Chemistry. Mathematics is part of another paper.
Each paper is allotted the time of two and half hours to be completed. The question paper is total of 960 marks. Each correct answer is awarded 4 marks. There is negative marking involved in the question paper where incorrect answer leads to deduction of one mark.
|Subject||Number of Questions||Marking Scheme||Total Marks|
|Physics||60||4 marks each||240|
|Chemistry||60||4 marks each||240|
|Mathematics||120||4 marks each||480|
KEAM 2018 Syllabus
The syllabus for the KEAM examination is prescribed by CEE. The standard of the examination will be of 10+2 or equivalent exam. Detailed syllabus is listed below.
|Mathematics||Algebra, Logarithms, Matrices, Trigonometry, Coordinate Geometry, 3-Dimensional Co-ordinate geometry, Theory of Calculus, Application of Calculus, Permutation and combination, Statistics and Probability.|
|Physics||Introduction and Measurement, description of motion in one dimension, description of motion in two and three dimensions, laws of motion, work, energy and power, heat and thermodynamics, motion of system of particles and rigid body rotation, gravitation, mechanics of solids and fluids, oscillations, waves, Electrostatics, current electricity, magnetic effect of current and magnetism, electromagnetic induction and alternating current, optics, dual nature of matter and radiations, atomic nucleus, solids and semiconductor devices|
|Chemistry||Basic concepts and atomic structure, bonding and molecular structure, states of matter, periodic properties of elements and hydrogen, thermodynamics, chemical equilibrium, solutions, redox reactions and electrochemistry, chemical kinetics, surface chemistry, stereochemistry, Organic Chemistry, basic principles, purification and characterization of organic compounds, hydrocarbons, organic reaction mechanism, polymers and biomolecules, environmental chemistry and chemistry in everyday life|
KEAM 2018 Result
The result for KEAM 2018 will be released in the last week of May, 2018. The result will be made available on the official website of KEAM. Students can download the score card for KEAM 2018 when it is available online. Candidates who wish to see their scorecard must follow the below mentioned steps:
- Visit the official website of the CEE KEAM: www.cee-kerala.org/index.php/keam.
- Click on the KEAM Result 2018 Tab present on the page.
- Enter the credentials i.e. the Application Number/Roll Number in the provided space.
- Verify the details correctly and click on Submit button.
- The KEAM 2018 Result can be viewed on the screen
KEAM 2018 Counselling Process
The counselling process for KEAM 2018 will begin in June, 2018.The counselling and seat allotment is a completely online process. It is done through Centralized Allotment Process (CAP) in single window.
Candidates must register online after counselling information is updated on official website of CEE. Candidates not having access to the internet can take assistance from help desk and facilitation centers. While registering for counseling, the candidate will need to provide their branch and college options along with setting up password for future use.
A trial allotment is done by CEE. It must be noted that this allotment has nothing to do with the actual allotment and is conducted to given idea regarding the process of counseling. Next, candidate will be called for certificate verification. Candidates should register options only to those courses/colleges which they are sure to join on allotment.
If the candidate fails to remit fee/join the college, he/she will not be eligible for any further allotment in any stream. The KEAM Allotment process continues till all the seats in all the courses and colleges are filled.