KCET 2018- Karnataka Common Entrance Test
KCET 2018 (Karnataka Common Entrance Test) is conducted for admission to various courses in different streams such as Engineering, Pharmacy, Ayurveda etc. Conducting authority KEA (Karnataka Examinations Authority) has announced KCET 2018 Exam Dates. NEET score will be used for admission to MBBS/BDS programs while admission to Architecture courses will be managed through NATA.
- KCET 2018 Application Form will be available from January 2018.
- Candidates who register successfully will appear for KCET 2018 on April 18 for Biology and Mathematics and on April 19 for Physics and Chemistry.
- The exam will be held in offline mode. Check KCET 2018 Exam Pattern
- Candidates must have completed 10+2 or second year Pre-University or any other equivalent examination.
- KCET 2018 Admit Card will be released from the 3rd week of April 2018.
- The syllabus for Pharmacy includes Biology, Physics and Chemistry. For engineering courses – Mathematics, Chemistry and Physics.
KCET 2018 will be conducted in offline mode. There will be 4 papers in total in KCET - Biology, Mathematics, Chemistry and Physics. Horanadu and Gadinadu Kannadiga candidates are also required to appear for a Kannada Language test separately.
KCET 2018 Exam Highlights
|Exam Name||Karnataka Common Entrance Test|
|Conducting Body||Karnataka Examinations Authority|
|Exam Type||State Level Entrance Exam|
|Purpose||Medical, Dental, Indian Systems of Medicine & Homoeopathy, Engineering / Technology & Architecture courses, Farm Science, B-Pharm, Pharm-D courses.|
|Duration of Exam||3 Hours 30 Minutes|
|Exam Date||First week of May 2018|
|Eligibility Criteria||Minimum of 50% marks required in PCB for Medical and 45% in PCM for B.Tech courses|
|Minimum of 45% marks required in all subjects for other courses|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Number of Attempts||Till the age of 24|
KCET 2018 Exam Dates
Candidates can check below the tentative schedule of important events for KCET 2018. KEA will notify the important dates for KCET 2018 in the month of January – 2018. KCET Counselling Procedure for various courses is expected to start from the month of June.
|KCET 2018 Notification Released||Second week of January 2018|
|Commencement of KCET 2018 Registration||Second week of January 2018|
|Last date to fill application form||First week of March 2018|
|Last date for fee payment||Forth week of February 2018|
|KCET 2018 Admit Card||Third week of April 2018|
|KCET 2018 Exam date|
April 18, 2018 – Biology & Mathematics
April 19, 2018 – Physics & Chemistry
|Declaration of result||Last week of May 2018|
|Counselling Process||Second week of June 2018|
KCET 2018 Eligibility Criteria
KCET eligibility criteria will vary according to the courses candidates will apply for. The basic eligibility criteria for admission to various courses is mentioned below.
For Engineering/ Architecture Programs
- Candidate should have completed 12th standard, 2nd Year Pre-University or equivalent exam with Mathematics and Physics as compulsory subjects and also English as a language subject.
- They must have secured 45% marks in Physics & Mathematics along with any one of the following subjects Chemistry/Bio-Technology/Biology/Electronics/Computer for General candidates and 40% marks for SC/ ST candidates.
- Candidates appearing in 10+2 final exam or equivalent are also eligible to apply.
For Science/ Pharmacy Programs
- Candidates should have completed 12th, 2nd year Pre-University or equivalent exam with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Mathematics and English as a language subject.
- They must have obtained 50% marks in PCB group for general categories and 40% marks for reserved categories.
- Candidates appearing on their final year examination are eligible to apply.
KCET 2018 Application Form
KCET 2018 Application Form will be released online at kea.kar.nic.in in the 2nd week of January 2018. The stepwise instructions to apply for KCET 2018 are mentioned below. There are namely 4 steps in filling KCET Application Form 2018 – registration, uploading scanned images, fee payment and take printout of application form & obtain seal and signature of Principal for document verification.
- KCET 2018 online form will be available on the official website of KEA.
- No other mode will be applicable to get the KCET application form.
- Candidates can fill the application form till the 1st week of March 2018.
- Candidates need to upload their scanned photograph, left hand thumb impression and signature in jpeg/ jpg/ png format.
- The size of the photograph, signature & left hand thumb impression should be in between 5 KB and less than 40 KB.
- Candidates must read the instruction carefully, before filling the application form.
- Take the printout of the filled application form for its future reference.
Candidates from General and OBC category have to pay INR 650/- as application fee while SC/ ST/PwD candidates need to pay INR 500/-. The fee payment will be made through offline mode only i.e. bank challan. Candidates who are residing out of Karnataka should remit INR 750/- as application fee while those residing outside India have to remit INR 5000/-. For residents outside India, fee has to be remitted via Demand Draft drawn in favour of Executive Director, Karnataka Examinations Authority, payable at Bangalore
KCET 2018 Admit Card
Candidates who have successfully register for the exam can download their admit card from the official website of the authority. The KEA will release KCET Admit Card 2018 in the month of April. Admit card will comprise the important details about the exam such as name & roll number, examination center, exam date & timing etc. Without a valid admit card, no candidate will be allowed in the examination hall.
How to download KCET admit card?
Check the following steps to download the admit card as mentioned below:
- Visit the official website of KEA
- Click on the admit card link
- Enter the roll number and date of birth to get the admit card
- Click on download button and take multiple copies for its further use.
KCET 2018 Exam Centers
In total, 54 exam cities are allotted by Karnataka Exam Authority (KEA) in 2017. Candidates who are seeking eligibility under Horanadu and Gadinadu Kannadiga clauses should appear for CET 2018 in a test center, located at Bangalore only. Candidates should select the test center located in the same district from where they have qualified the 12th standard or equivalent examination.
KCET 2018 Exam Pattern
KCET 2018 will be conducted in offline mode i.e. pen and paper based test. All the questions will be objective in nature. Each section will have in total 60 questions. Candidates will be required to use only blue or black ball point pen to mark their answers. For every correct response, 1 mark will be awarded. There will be no negative marking for incorrect response in KCET 2018 Exam Pattern.
|Subjects||No. of Questions||Max. Marks|
All the questions will be in Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) format. The total duration of KCET is 3 hours and 30 minutes. KCET 2018 would be conducted in English medium only. There will be a Kannada language test also for Horanadu and Gadinadu Kannadiga candidates only.
KCET 2018 Results
- The result will be announced by the conducting authority in the Last week of May 2018.
- Candidates will check their KCET 2018 Results through online mode.
- Candidates have to enter their registration number to check their results.
- Keep a print copy of the result & safe it till the admission procedure not over.
- The authority will also release the KCET cut off after the result declaration.
KCET 2018 Counselling Process
- The KCET Counselling will be commenced in the 2nd week of June 2018.
- Shortlisted candidates will be called for the counselling process on the basis of their merit in the entrance examination.
- Candidates’ documents will be verified at the time of counselling in the prescribed counselling centre. So, candidates have to report personally in the counselling.
- The allotment of seats will take place as per the marks scored in the entrance examination, seat availability & filled choices.
- Candidate can participate in other counselling rounds, if he/she can not satisfy with the seat allotment.
Documents required at the time of counselling
All the candidates participating in KCET Counselling are required carry the following documents for verification. Documents must carried in original along with attested photo copies.
- 10th & 12th Mark sheet & Passing Certificate
- Admit Card
- Score card
- Two passport size photographs
- Category certificate
- Printout of the filled Application Form
KCET 2018 Reservation Criteria
KCET 2018 Seat Reservation will be applicable for SC, ST, OBC candidates. Candidates of Karnataka Origin only, claiming eligibility for Govt. seats will be eligible to claim reservation under the following categories: NCC, Sports, Scouts and Guides, Defence, Ex-defence, PWD, Central Armed Police Force; Ex-Central Armed Police Force.
The candidates who belong to Ex-Central Armed Poilce will be alloted seats according to merit only. Provision of Reservation for candidates of Hyderabad is also there in the norms of KCET 2017. The candidates belonging to districts of Bidar, Gulbarga, Yadgir, Raichur, Koppal and Bellary shall be regarded as the local area.