Karnataka PGCET 2017 Result was declared on August 19, 2017. After the announcement of merit list, the successful candidates are called for counselling. The seat allotment is done online on the basis of merit and priority options. A simple and user-friendly software is used to make the entire online counselling process smooth and hassle-free. As per Karnataka PGCET Counselling 2017 schedule, option entry will be conducted in two rounds. The first round has been started and the second round will begin on September 22, 2017.
- First round of Karnataka PGCET 2017 option entry and seat allotment has been started from September 05, 2017.
- Seat Matix for MBA, MCA and MTech colleges will be uploaded on September 6, 2017. Check MBA and MCA Seat Matrix
- There are total 11026 seats for MTech in Karmataka colleges. Check MTech Seat Matrix
- Last date to enter options is September 11, 2017.
- Candidates have to bring the original documents during Karnataka PGCET Seat Allotment Process.
- The document verification process will end on September 07, 2017.
- KEA has updated the course wise eligibility list.Check Here
- Result of first round of seat allotment will be published on September 13, 2017.
- Before the publication of real allotment result, mock allotment result will also be published on September 11, 2017.
- Based on the mock result, candidates will be able to change options if they wish to.
Karnataka PGCET Option Entry Schedule (1st Round)
|Event||Date & Time|
|Display of Seat Matrix and Fee structure – for all disciplines||September 05, 2017 (after 2 PM)|
|Option Entry by Eligible candidates||September 05, 2017 (from 6 PM) to September 11, 2017 (till 10 AM)|
|Publication of Mock Allotment Results||September 11, 2017 (after 5 PM)|
|Provision to change options if any by candidates||September 11, 2017 (from 6 PM) to September 13, 2017 (till 10 AM)|
|Publications of Real Allotment Result||September 13, 2017 (after 5 PM)|
|Confirmation of Allotment, Payment of fees, downloading of admission order and reporting to the colleges||September 14 – 16, 2017|
|Last date for Reporting to the colleges||September 18, 2017|
Karnataka PGCET 2017 Counselling Process
- Firstly, the rank holders need to report at the helpline centres for registration.
- During the registration process, candidates will be briefed about the option entry and seat allotment for Karanataka PGCET.
- In the second stage, candidates will have to get the document verified at the helpline center.
- In the third stage, candidates need to enter option online. In other words, they need to choose the course/ college of their choice. Option entry is done online.
- After the options have been entered, seat allotment process begins.
Karnataka PGCET Option Entry Schedule (2nd Round)
|Event||Date & Time|
|Display of Seat Matrix||September 22 (after 2 PM)|
|Option Entry by Eligible Candidates||September 22, 2017 (after 4 PM) to September 25 (till 10 AM)|
|Publication of Seat Allotment of 2nd and final round||September 25 (after 6 PM)|
|Confirmation of Allotment, Payment of fees, downloading of admission order and reporting to the colleges||September 26 – 27, 2017|
|Last date for reporting to colleges||September 28, 2017|
Karnataka PGCET 2017 Documents Verification
- Document verification process is scheduled to start from August 30, 2017 and will end on September 07, 2017.
- Only the candidates who will become eligible after document verification will be considered for options entry.
- For the purpose of document verification, it is mandatory for the candidates to visit the Helpline Center in person.
- Candidates must carefully check the details mentioned on the verification slip before leaving the verification counter. If there is any error, it must be notified immediately.
- Candidates must produce all the required documents for document verification and ensure that no documents are missing.
Here is the step-by-step process of Karnataka PGCET 2017 document verification –
- The rank holders will be required to report at one of the Helpline Centers for registration.
- Once the registration is complete, candidates shall move to the verification counter.
- At the verification counter, the documents of the candidates will be verified against the information provided by the candidates in the application form.
- The attested photocopies will be retained by KEA and other documents will be returned.
- An acknowledgment card and a verification slip will be issued to the candidates.
- Apart from the other details, the verification slip will contain a Unique Keyword. This keyword will be required at the time of options entry.
Karnataka PGCET Option Entry 2017
Candidates are advised to choose their options carefully as the seats will be allotted on the basis of the options entered. Candidates can enter any number of options. Also, they can change their options any number of times. Options recorded in the server on the last date and time will be frozen.
Guidelines for Online Option Entry
Candidates must familiarize themselves with the online option entry and seat allotment process. To log in for the first time, candidates need to follow the below-mentioned procedure –
- Visit the official website of Karnataka PGCET .
- Enter the PGCET admission ticket number and click the submit button.
- Enter application number and secret unique keyword.
- Enter and confirm new password.
- Enter mobile number and email ID.
- Select secret hint question and answer it.
After the completion of the steps mentioned above, a user ID and password will be generated. Candidates can use this ID and password to log in and enter options.
Karnataka PGCET Seat Allotment Process 2017
In the Karnataka PGCET 2017 Seat Allotment process the seat matrix issued by the Government for each discipline is adopted. College wise, Category wise and course wise seat matrix issued by Government is hosted on the website of KEA for the information of the candidates and parents. After the last date and time fixed for entering the options is over and as per the seat matrix, action is taken to allot the seats in the order of merit based on the priority of the options entered by the candidates and by following Karnataka PGCET 2017 Reservation Policy.
The order of KPGCET 2017 Seat Allotment Process is as following:
For ME / M. Tech / M. Arch Courses
- In the case of M.E., M.Tech. or M. Arch courses, first seat is allotted to valid gate score candidates. However, reservation is applicable only to those who become eligible as Karnataka candidates and the same is not applicable to Non-Karnataka GATE rank holders. Non-Karnataka GATE rank holders are considered under Open or General Category
- After allotment of seats to eligible GATE rank holders is finished, the seat that remains under General category, 90% of the seats are reserved for Karnataka Candidates and other 10% seats left for Non-Karnataka Candidates are given to the eligible PGCET 2017 rank holders
- As per the seat matrix, PGCET 2017 allotment of seats is held for all GATE candidates from GATE Rank List
- The seats that remains vacant after allotment of seats to the GATE candidates are offered to candidates who are eligible in PGCET 2017
For MCA Lateral Entry & 1st year Course
- MCA Lateral Entry seats pertaining to all reserved categories, Ex-Defence, if any and General Merit students will be offered in this stage at once.
- All eligible MCA Lateral Entry rank holders including the candidates, who are allotted seats under the Physically Disabled and ME / M. Tech courses are considered for allotment of seats in accordance with their ranks.
For MBA Course
- MBA seats pertaining to all reserved categories, Ex-Defence and General Merit students are offered in this stage at once.
- All eligible MBA rank holders including the candidates, who have selected seats under the Physically Disabled or MCA or ME / M. Tech seats are considered for allotment of MBA seats in accordance with their ranks
Karnataka PGCET Seat Allotment 2017 (Sample)
- Once the verification of documents and excising options by candidate is done, the seats are then allotted in two rounds i.e. first round, second round and final round.
- The following system is followed for Karnataka PGCET 2017 Allotment of seats.
- Given is a sample illustration of choice of options by a candidate:
Name of the candidate: Rajesh
M.Tech. Rank: 1200
MBA Rank: 4000
Candidate has given the following options:
|Option 1||M. Tech.|
|Option 2||M. Tech.|
|Option 3||M. Tech.|
|Option 6||M. Tech.|
|Option 7||M. Tech.|
|Option 9||M. Tech.|
- The computer starts M. Tech seat allotment with Rank 1.
- Then after completing allotment till rank 1199, it reaches rank 1200.
- Rajesh’s M. Tech rank is 1200.
- Option number 1 is no more available.
- Similarly, option number 2, option number 3 is not available as a candidate above his rank is already allotted and no vacancy exists anymore.
- The next option is 4 which is MBA, hence it is not considered in this stage.
- Next option is also MBA which is also not considered for allotment.
- The 6th option is M. Tech so it is considered for allotment and the 6th option is available, computer will allot the seat under M. Tech to this candidate and the options below 6th are considered for future allotment.
MCA Rank: 1450
MBA Rank: 1340
- Candidate is considered as per their rank and as per their options in the order of priority mentioned by candidate.
- The computer starts MCA allotment with Rank 1.
- Then after completing allotment till rank 1449, it reaches rank 1450.
- Seth’s MCA rank is 1450 and therefore option number 1 is not available.
- Similarly, option number 2 is not available as candidate above his rank is already allotted and no vacancy exists.
- Likewise, it goes up to the option 6 by checking the vacancy.
- The next option is 7 and the option is MBA which is considered at this stage.
- Therefore, the computer move on to the next option i.e., option number 8 and the seat is available.
- Hence the computer allots the option number 8 to candidate.