Karnataka PGCET 2018 (kea.kar.nic.in): Application Form, Dates, Eligibility, Syllabus
Karnataka PGCET 2018 will be conducted by Karnataka Examination Authority. It is a state level entrance examination organized for admission into first year full time/part time MBA/MCA/M.Arch/M.Tech/ME, part time M.Tech and second year of MCA program. This examination is for the admission in courses that are provided by the private/government/private un-aided colleges located in Karnataka.
- Karnataka PGCET 2018 will be conducted in offline mode.
- The questions will be multiple choice based and medium of exam will be English only.
- The exam will be of 150 minutes' duration and the number of question for each paper is 100 marks.
- There is no negative marking for any incorrect response.
Karnataka PGCET application form for the examination will be available for candidates from the first week of July 2018 and they can download the Karnataka PGCET admit card in the month of August. The application form will be available on the official website of the conducting authority www.kea.kar.nic.in. The exam will be conducted in 12 centers by the authority for admissions in 178 colleges across the state.
The Karnataka PGCET Results is to be declared in the last week of July, 2018. Those who qualify in Karnataka PGCET 2018 will make it to the merit list. Qualified candidates have to attend Karnataka PGCET Counselling along with the required documents.
Karnataka PGECET 2018 Highlights
|Exam Name||Karnataka Post Graduate Common Entrance Test (PGCET)|
|Conducting Body||Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA)|
|Type of Exam||State Level|
|Exam Category||PG Exam|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Medium of Exam||English|
|Duration of Exam||150 minutes|
|Courses Offered||MBA, MCA, M.Arch, M.E./M.Tech|
|Number of institutes registered||178|
Karnataka PGCET 2018 Exam Calendar
The important dates of Karnataka PGCET 2018 events are as follows:
|Release of Karnataka PGCET 2018 notification||May 2018|
|Availability of Karnataka PGCET 2018 Application Form||May – June 2018|
|Issue of Admit Card||June 2018|
|Karnataka PGCET 2018 – ME/M.Tech/M.Arch | MCA & MBA||July 2018|
|Release of Answer Key||July 2018|
|Declaration of Result||August 2018|
|Counselling Session||August – September 2018|
Who can apply for Karnataka PGCET 2018
There are certain eligibility requirements which must be fulfilled by candidates to successfully appear for the exam:
- Candidates should hold a valid certificate proving their domicile of Karnataka state.
- Applicant having valid GATE score must not appear in the test. They can apply for the admission separately.
- Candidates must hold graduate degree or equivalent with 50% marks (45% for QE for SC/ST & Category I of Karnataka candidates).
- Candidates from the states other than Karnataka state are eligible for admission into MBA/MCA seats.
Eligibility Criteria for MCA
Candidates, who have completed undergraduate or its equivalent exam with securing minimum 50% marks (45% marks in QE for SC/ST & Category I of Karnataka candidates) in the qualifying exam, are permitted to apply.
Eligibility criteria for MCA (Lateral Entry)
Candidates should have completed a recognized BCA or B.Sc (IT/Computer Science) with obtaining minimum 50% marks (45% marks in QE for SC/ST & Category I of Karnataka candidates).
Eligibility criteria for Part Time/Full Time MBA Program
Candidates should have cleared a recognized three `years duration Graduation degree or its equivalent exam. They need to obtain at least an average of 50% marks (45% marks in QE in for SC/ST & Category I of Karnataka candidates) in the qualifying exam.
Eligibility criteria for M.Tech/ME/M.Arch (Part Time/Full Time)
Candidate must have passed B.Tech/BE/B.Arch or equivalent examination with an aggregate minimum of 50% marks or 45% of marks in Q. E. in case of SC, ST and Category-I Karnataka candidates.
Karnataka PGCET 2018 Application Form
Students will be able to fill Karnataka PGCET 2018 Application Form in online mode from the official website. The application form will be available on the official website of the authority www.kea.kar.nic.in.
The application form will be released from the July 2018 and will be available till the Last week of July 2018. General category candidates will have to pay INR 650 and SC/ST candidates will have to pay INR 500 as application fee.
- Karnataka PGCET 2018 Registration can be done by visiting the official website of KEA.
- Enter personal details like name, gender, category, email address, residential address and phone number.
- Upload the Left-Hand Thumb Impression in JPEG format.
- Enter mobile number and e-mail address for future communication and notices.
- Upload the scanned images of photograph and sample signature before generating the challan for the submission of application fee.
- Pay the application fee only through Bank Challan (offline mode) to any of the branch of specified banks.
- The general category candidates will have to pay INR 650 and SC/ST candidates will have to pay INR 500 as application fees.
Application fees for Karnataka PGCET 2018
The submission of the application form will be complete only after the successful submission of the application fee. The fees can be paid in offline mode by submitting the generated challan in the banks specified for the payment.
|Fees for the general candidates||INR 650|
|Fees for SC/ST candidates||INR 500|
Karnataka PGCET 2018 Admit Card
The admit card must be carefully preserved by the candidate as it will act as hall ticket in the examination hall. Also, the admit card will be required at the time of counseling and admission. Candidates will be able to download the admit card through online mode from the official website of the authority. Karnataka PGCET 2018 Admit Card will be available in the month of August 2018.
The admit card will contain the personal details of the candidate such name, date of birth, category, gender along with exam center address, date, duration and time of exam. The steps to download the admit card for the examination is as follows:
- The admit card will be available for candidate on the official website www.kea.kar.nic.in.
- Click on the ‘Download Karnataka PGCET admit card’.
- Karnataka PGCET 2018 Admit Card will be displayed on the screen in PDF format.
- Download it and take a printout of admit card for future assistance.
- Candidates must preserve their admit card till the admission process not over.
Karnataka PGCET 2018 Exam Centers
Karnataka PGCET 2018 will be held in 12 centers across the state. Candidates can chose the preferred centers and they will be allotted according to the seating space available. The 12 centers are as follows:-
Karnataka PGCET 2018 Exam Pattern
The examination will be conducted in offline mode in English language where all the questions will be objective type multiple choice questions. Candidate will have to solve100 questions in the duration of two and half hours. There will be no negative making rule applicable in the entrance test. Details regarding Karnataka PGCET Exam Pattern are as follows:
|Courses||Number of questions||Marks allotted|
Karnataka PGCET 2018 Syllabus
Syllabus for Karnataka PGCET 2018 will differ for MBA and MCA. Given below are the topics which will be covered in Karnataka PGCET 2018.
- Proficiency in English Language
- General Knowledge
- Test of Reasoning
- General Intelligence
- Quantitative Analysis
- Mathematics- Algebra, Co-ordinate Geometry, Vector, Trigonometry, Probability and Statistics
- Computer Awareness-Computer Basics, Data Representation
- Analytical Ability and Logical Reasoning
- General English
- General Awareness-National affairs, International affairs, Bilateral affairs, Sports
Karnataka PGCET 2018 Result
- Karnataka PGCET 2018 Result will be announced in the third week of August 2018. Candidates will be able to check their results through online mode on the official website of the examination authority.
- Candidate will be able to access the result using their registration number to login to the result page.
- The merit list will be prepared on the basis of the marks gained by the candidates in the exam. A different merit list will be prepared and published for the entire offered program courses along with separate lists for different courses.
- Candidates will be invited for the counselling process according to their ranks in the merit list.
Valid GATE score
GATE score of 2017 and 2018 will be valid for three years from the date of announcement of the result. If the GATE score is above the qualifying marks, candidate shall be eligible to apply for M.E. /M. Tech. courses.
Karnataka PGCET 2018 Merit List
Candidates with qualifying marks according to the predefined qualified marks by the Karnataka Examinations Authority for PGCET 2018 examination will make it to the merit list. The merit list will not include marks of candidates as it is necessary for application process only.
- The merit of the candidate will be determined separately for each course.
- If merit of two candidates is same, inter se merit shall be determined on the basis of the marks that candidates possess in qualifying examination. One with higher marks will be given preference. If there are still any clashes, age will be considered and candidate who is elder will be preferred.
- For M.E. / M. Tech/ M. Arch courses, GATE candidates’ merit list will be prepared on the basis of GATE valid score. Selected candidates will be preferred on the basis of their employment in government organization/ public sector/ private organization.
- All non-GATE candidates will have to appear for K PGCET 2017.
Karnataka PGCET 2018 Seat Allotment Process
- The preference will be given to the GATE scorecard holders irrespective of the state reservation.
- Candidates with eligible PGCET 2018 score will be allotted the remaining seats. Candidates from Karnataka will be given the preference with 90% reservation in seats.
- Whereas the remaining candidates with domiciles outside the state of Karnataka will be allotted the left vacant 10% seats.
For MCA AND MBA
- The general category and reserved category seats under Government seats under Government seats will be allotted to only those candidates who are eligible as Karnataka candidates.
- The general category seats under Management seats will be allotted to both Karnataka and non-Karnataka candidates.
The 3 % seats according to the Government norms are reserved for the disabled and differently able candidates. A time period of three days will be given to candidates from the date of hosting the allotment details on the website in the first round to decide whether to take admission or not.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College