JKCET 2018 Application Form, Eligibility, Exam Dates
JKCET (Jammu & Kashmir Common Entrance Test) is a state level entrance exam conducted by the JKBOPEE (Jammu & Kashmir Board of Professional Entrance Examinations). Exam is conducted once every year in the month of May 2018. JKCET 2018 is conducted for aspirants seeking admission in B. Tech and B. arch programs in various private and government colleges of Jammu and Kashmir.
- Interested candidates can fill JKCET 2018 Application Form online in the month of January 2018.
- Candidates should avoid the last-minute rush and fill the application form before February, 2018.
- JKCET 2018 is scheduled in the third week of May 2018.
- Before filling the application form candidates should collect the required scanned images of photograph, signature and thumb impression in specified format.
- Candidates must have completed the age of 17 year on or before December 31, 2018 to be eligible for JKCET 2018. Candidate must be a citizen of Jammu and Kashmir and should possess domicile of the state.
- JKBOPEE will release the JKCET 2018 admit card in April, 2018. Without the Admit Card entry will not be allowed inside the examination hall.
- JKCET 2018 result will be declared in the month of May 2018.
- The successful candidates will be called for the counselling process in the month of July 2018.
- Candidates must carry all the original required documents to avoid any discrepancy.
JKCET 2018 Exam Dates
Given below is the important dates for JKCET 2018 candidates should not miss. Interested candidates can fill the application form from January 2018. Candidates are advised not to wait for last date and fill the application form before February 2018. Admit Card is an important document and candidates can download their admit card from April 2018.
|Application Form begins from||January 2018|
|Last date to Submit the Application Form||February 2018|
|Availability of Admit Card||April 2018|
|JKCET 2018 Exam Date||May 2018|
|Declaration of Result||May 2018|
|Counselling process begins from||July 2018|
JKCET 2018 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates who are going to appear in JKCET 2018 must check their eligibility criteria before filling the application form. If candidates do not fulfil the eligibility criteria prescribed by the authority, the application form can be rejected at any stage. Candidates should check the minimum eligibility criteria given below to avoid any discrepancies.
- Candidates should have completed the age of 17 years on or before December 31, 2018.
- Candidates should be a permanent citizen of Jammu and Kashmir.
- Applicant must have the domicile of Jammu and Kashmir
- Candidates should have completed their 10+2 or equivalent examination with PCM and English
- Candidates must have obtain a minimum of 50 % in their 10+2 or equivalent from a recognized board
- Reserved candidates, must obtain 40 % in 10+2 or equivalent to be eligible
- Appearing candidates can also apply for JKCET 2018
JKCET 2018 Application Form
JKCET 2018 Application process begins from the month of January 2018. Interested candidates can fill the online application form before February 2018. Candidates can fill the JKCET 2018 application form online from the official website. Candidates should fill the application form carefully. Candidates can follow the steps below for reference to fill the application form. Before starting to fill the application form, candidates should collect all the required documents for uploading in the applications form.
Part 1: Registration
- Candidates can fill the online application form from the official website of BOPEE i.e. www.jakbopee.org / www.jakbopee.net
- Click on ‘CET Engineering 2018’
- Click on the tab of ‘e-Application’ from the various tabs displayed.
- Read all the displayed instruction
- Fill the registration form to get Application Number.
- Candidates have to fill the credentials like
- Candidates Name
- Date of birth
- Email ID, etc.
- After filling all the credentials click on ‘submit’
- After the successful submission of registration form candidate will get an application number.
Part 2: Fee Payment
- Candidates can make payment through the official website
- Login to candidates’ portal with the help of application number
- To make payment click on the link ‘Pay 800’
- Candidates can make payment via
- Debit Card
- Credit Card
- Offline (via any branch of HDFC or J&K bank)
- Candidates should carefully secure the transection ID (in case of candidates making payment through challan) and Reference ID given by Bank for future purposes.
Part 3: Filling details in Application Form
- After successful payment of fee, candidates have to fill the following details:
- Personal details
- Basic details
- Educational details
- Communicational details, etc.
Part 4: Uploading of Images
Candidates have to upload a recent passport size scanned photograph with a light background. The date and name of candidate should be written on the photograph. Given below are the documents need to be uploaded with their dimensions:
- Passport size photograph in jpg format. The size of the image should be not more than 500 kb.
- Scanned image of signature in jpg format. The size of the image should be not more than 200 kb.
- Scanned image of thumb impression in jpg format. The size of the image should not exceed 200 kb.
After JKET 2018 registration process candidates have to make payment of Application fee. The last date to make payment is February, 2018. Candidates can make payment through Credit Card/ Debit Card/ e challan as per their convenience. Candidates have to make payment of INR 800. No relaxation will be given to candidates of reserved category.
|General Category||INR 800|
|Reserved Category||INR 800|
JKCET 2018 Admit Card
Candidates can download their Admit card from the official website. Admit card will be available online only, it will not be sent by post or any other medium. Candidates can download their admit card from April 2018. Without the admit card entry in the examination hall is not allowed. Candidates should download their admit card and preserve it carefully. Candidates must carry their admit card on the day of commencement of exam.
Given below are the steps to download JKCET 2018 Admit Card:
- Candidates can download their Admit Card from the official website.
- Login to candidate’s portal and download the admit card.
- Take print out of the Admit Card and preserve it for future references.
- Candidates should check the following information on Admit Card before taking the print out.
- Candidates Name
- Contact Details
- Candidates Photograph
- Examination Centre
- Timing of the Exam
- Provision for sticking the passport size photograph
Candidates can choose the exam center as per their convenience in the application form. Exam center will be allotted by BOPEE. Given below is the important information about exam center candidates should check:
- Test center will only be allotted in the cities if Srinagar and Jammu only.
- Once the test center is allotted it cannot be changed
- Candidates can check the information regarding exam center in the admit card
JKCET 2018 Exam Pattern
JKCET 2018 exam is conducted in an offline mode i.e. pen and paper based. JKCET 2018 Exam Pattern consists of two papers i.e. Paper 1 which is combined exam for physics and chemistry and Paper 2 for Biology or Mathematics as per candidate’s stream. The type of question paper is objective type.
There are 60 questions in each subject of physics, chemistry, biology and mathematics. Every single correct answer consists of 1 mark. There is also a negative marking of 1/4th. For every correct answer, there is a deduction of 0.25 marks.
|Exam Pattern Highlights|
|Exam Mode||Pen and paper based mode (Offline)|
|Number of papers||2|
|Paper 1||Physics and chemistry (combined)|
|Paper 2||Biology (PCB) Mathematics (PCM)|
|Number of questions||Paper 1: 120 questions Paper 2: 60 questions|
|Question Paper Type||Multiple Choice Questions|
|JKCET Total marks||180 marks|
|Exam duration||Paper 1: 2 hours Paper 2: 1 hour|
|Marking Scheme||1 mark per question|
|Negative Marking||0.25 marks|
Paper 1 consist of 120 questions to be completed in 2 hours. Candidates having medical will have biology in paper 2 which consist of 60 questions to be done in 1 hour. Candidates having non-medical will have mathematics in their paper 2 consisting of 60 questions to be done in 1 hour duration.
|Name of the Stream||Paper||Subject||No. of Questions||Exam Duration|
|PCM & PCB||A||Physics, Chemistry (Common Paper)||120||2 hours|
The question Paper consist the questions from class 11 and class 12 syllabus of Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics. Syllabus for JKCET is same as the syllabus for 11& 12. Candidates can follow the medical and non-medical syllabus for JKCET 2018. Candidates preparing for the exam must start with NCERTs prescribed by CBSE.
JKCET 2018 Result
The result will be declared in the month of May 2018. Candidates can check their result online only. Given below are the steps to check JKCET 2018 Results.
Candidates can check their result on the official website by following the steps given below:
- Visit the official website of BOPEE
- Click on the link of Result
- Provide the credentials like roll number, application number and date of birth in the given space
- Click on button ‘Submit’
- Download the result and take print out.
JKCET 2018 Counselling
Candidates who manages to clear JKCET 2018 exam will become eligible for counselling process on the basis of merit list. Candidates who will qualify the exam will get their counselling letter online after logging into the candidate’s portal. No separate counselling letter will be sent by post. The counselling process will begin from the month of July 2018. Candidates have to make payment of rupee 500 for the counselling process. Candidates have to bring all the original documents on the day of counselling.
In the counselling process candidates have to give their preferences for college and course. The selection of candidates for admission will be based on candidate’s merit list for admission.
Given below are the important documents required in the counselling process. Candidates should collect all the documents given below:
- Reserved Category certificate (if applicable)
- Marks certificate of the qualifying examination issued by the concerned Board
- Matriculation or equivalent examination certificate as a proof of Date of Birth
- Certificate of permanent residence
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College