JIPMER 2018 Application Form, Exam Dates, Notification
JIPMER (Jawaharlal Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education & Research) is a common national level entrance exam for MBBS admission in JIPMER, Puducherry and JIPMER Karaikal. JIPMER 2018 will be conducted by JIPMER, Puducherry. Total number of seats available under this exam is 200. There are 150 seats in JIPMER, Puducherry and 50 seats in JIPMER Karaikal.
- It will be conducted online in the Computer Based Test (CBT) method for 2 hours 30 minutes
- JIPMER 2018 MBBS Exam is scheduled on June 3, 2018.
- JIPMER 2018 Application Form is available now. Candidates can apply till April 13, 2018
- JIPMER 2018 Admit Card will release online on May 21, 2018
JIPMER 2018 Exam Pattern cover 5 subjects i.e. Physics, Chemistry, Biology, English Language and Comprehension and Logical & Quantitative Reasoning.
- There will be total 200 objective type multiple choice questions in JIPMER 2018 MBBS Entrance Exam.
- Numbers of Questions from 5 subjects will be: 60 questions in Physics, 60 questions in Chemistry, 60 questions in Biology, 10 questions in English Language and Comprehension and 10 questions in Logical & Quantitative Reasoning.
- In JIPMER 2018, there is no negative marking scheme and each question carries 4 marks.
JIPMER 2018 Highlights Table
|Date of JIPMER 2018||June 3, 2018|
|Conducting Body||JIPMER, Puducherry|
|Mode of JIPMER 2018||Computer Based Test, Online|
|Medium of JIPMER 2018||English Language|
|Duration of JIPMER 2018||2 hours 30 minutes|
|Type of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions|
|Number of Questions||Total 200 Questions|
|Sections||5 Sections Subject-wise|
|Number of Seats||200|
Dates for JIPMER 2018
|Availability of JIPMER 2018 Registration Form||March 7, 2018|
|Last date of Submission of JIPMER 2018 Registration Form||April 13, 2018|
|JIPMER 2018 Hall Tickets (Admit Card) Availability||May 21, 2018|
|Date and Time of JIPMER 2018||June 3, 2018|
Morning Shift – 10am to 12.30pm Afternoon Shift - 3pm to 5.30pm
|Publication of Merit List for JIPMER 2018||On or Before June 19, 2018|
|JIPMER 2018 - First Counselling Starts from||June 27, 2018 to June 30, 2018|
|JIPMER 2018 - Second Counselling Starts from||July19, 2018|
|JIPMER 2018 - Third Counselling Starts from||August 23, 2018|
|JIPMER 2018 - Admission Formalities||July 3, 2018 for JIPMER, Karaikal July 4, 2018 for JIPMER, Puducherry|
|JIPMER 2018 – Issuance of Admission Letter||July 3, 2018 for JIPMER, Karaikal July 4, 2018 for JIPMER, Puducherry|
|JIPMER 2018 – Admission Closes||September 30, 2018|
JIPMER 2018 Eligibility
Appearing for JIPMER 2018 requires to meeting certain criteria on the basis of Educational Qualification, Age, and Nationality. JIPMER 2018 Eligibility Criteria is given in detail below:
- Age for JIPMER 2018: 17 years on or before 31st December 2018 or Born on or before 1st January 2002 (No relaxation is considered for any category of candidates)
- Academic Qualification: Must have passed 10+2 Higher / Senior Secondary Examination with compulsory subjects – Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Biotechnology, English Language (Core or Elective) obtaining Aggregate Score Minimum 50%. For Reserved Category ST / SC / OBC / OPH Minimum Aggregate Score is 40%. For General OPH Category Minimum Aggregate Score is 45%.
- Nationality: Candidate must be Indian Citizen or Non-Resident Indian
JIPMER 2018 Application Form
JIPMER 2018 Application Form will be made available online from March 26-27 2018. Form submission has to be done in 2 parts. In the 1st part, personal information is to be submitted and USER ID and PASSWORD is generated on successful registration and sent to Registered Mobile number and Email address.
Step by step Process of submitting JIPMER 2018 Application Form is as follows:
- Visit official website: www.jipmer.edu.in for JIPMER 2018 Application Form Submission
- Go to Examination Link
- Look for heading JIPMER MBBS ENTRANCE EXAMINATION 2018
- Click on this link for Registration Form
- Fill in Personal Information
- Click on Register
- ON successful registration “USER ID & PASSWORD” will be sent to registered mobile number and email Address
- Now Click on Login Link as received on Registered Email and Fill in User ID and Password and click on Login
- Click on Edit Button as is shown on Right Top Corner of JIPMER 2018 Application Form
- Start filling in the application form
- Choose Category
- Enter Qualification Details
- Upload Photograph of Self and Signature
- Click on Preview to recheck the information filled in
- Mark Check on “I Agree”
- Now Submit
- Take Print and Logout
- Make Payment of Fees by given methods: Online Banking, Debit Card or Credit Card; Before applying for JIPMER 2018 ensure you can pay fee through any of above 3 options for payment as there is no any other option
Important Points to Remember while submitting JIPMER 2018 Application Form: (h4)
- Uploading Photograph: For JIPMER 2018 Application Form there are some important facts to know about the photograph first.The photograph must be taken with a placard held by the candidate indicating name of candidate and date of taking photograph. In case name and date are written on the photograph after taking it, the application will be rejected. Below showing Image exemplifying how a photograph is to be taken. Follow this without any failure:
- Photograph should be Coloured with light background
- Passport Size should be of (30mm x 40mm)
- Soft copy must be saved as “Candidate Photograph.jpg”
- Size of photograph should be at least 20 kb and should not exceed 200 kb.
- Photograph should be uploaded to correct specified fields
- Uploading Signature: While fulfilling detail in JIPMER 2018 application form Signature should be uploaded as follows:
- Area for Signature to affix is of 80mm Width X 35mm Height
- Take a white paper, sign on it with a black ball point pen.
- Scan this paper or with camera take an image of it.
- Edit this image. Crop it and resize it exactly to 80mm Width X 35mm Height
- Save this in jpg format and name it as “Candidate Signature.jpg”.
- Size of Signature Image should be at least 20 kb and should not exceed 200 kb.
- Keep remember to upload it to the specified area on JIPMER 2018 online application form.
- Correction in JIPMER 2018 Application Form: This fact must be remembered that in JIPMER 2018, request for any correction in the information submitted in JIPMER 2018 application form, will not be entertained. Wrong information means rejection of application form. There is only one solution that one more time JIPMER 2018 application will have to be submitted with fees before the last date of submission of JIPMER 2018 application form. Fees deposited earlier will go in vain.
JIPMER 2018 Application Fee will also be paid while submitting online application form. There are 3 options available for payment of JIPMER 2018 application fee:
- Net Banking
- Debit Card
- Credit Card
Except all above given options, any other mode of payment will not be accepted.
JIPMER 2018 Application Fee is being shown as under:
|General (UR) & P UR||INR 1200|
|OBC & P OBC||INR 1200|
|SC/ST & P SC||INR 1000|
|OPH & P||OPH Exempted from paying Application Fees|
JIPMER 2018 Admit Card
JIPMER 2018 Admit Card will be made available to download through online mode from May 22-23, 2018. JIPMER 2018 Admit card will not be dispatched via post; it has to be downloaded from JIPMER 2018 official website – www.jipmer.edu.in.
Information on JIPMER 2018 Admit Card
Details to be mentioned on JIPMER 2018 Admit Card are as follows:
- Name of Candidate
- Date of Birth of Candidate
- Photograph of Candidate
- Signature of Candidate
- Roll Number
- Name and Address of JIPMER 2018 Examination Center
Important Points to Remember for JIPMER 2018 Admit Card
- Without JIPMER 2018 Admit Card, entrance in JIPMER 2018 Examination Hall is strictly prohibited
- No correction is possible in it
- Remember to keep one ID Proof with its photocopy during JIPMER 2018 Examination ID Proof must be any of the following:
- Aadhar Card
- E-Aadhar with Validated Digital Signature or Passport
No any other ID Proof will be accepted in any circumstances
How to Download JIPMER 2018 Admit Card?
Downloading JIPMER 2018 Admit Card is a very simple task. Following is the step by step way to download it:
- Visit JIPMER 2018 official website: www.jipmer.edu.in
- Click on a link named “EXAMINATION”
- Look for Link Heading “JIPMER MBBS ENTRANCE EXAMINATION 2018”
- Go to “HALL TICKET FOR JIPMER MBBS 2018”
- A new webpage will appear showing a form as follows:
- Fill in USER ID and PASSWORD
- Click on LOGIN
- Hall Ticket (Admit card) will be opened
- Save it and Take a print
JIPMER 2018 Exam Center
JIPMER 2018 Examination Centers are in 75 cities across India. JIPMER 2018 Examination Centres are not given as per the choice of the candidate. Candidate can select 3 Exam Cities. But the allotment of the Examination Center is based upon first cum first served basis.
- Generally, candidate get allotted Exam City as per his first preference as mentioned during applying for JIPMER 2018 MBBS Entrance Examination.
- No request for change of center would be considered under any circumstances.
- The Exam City preference is only indicative and subject to change. JIPMER retains the final decision on the Examination Center and its allotment.
- If seats for JIPMER 2018 MBBS Entrance Examination are unavailable in the chosen 3 Exam Cities, nearby examination cities will be considered for Examination Center.
In case of any unforeseen circumstances, the exam city can be cancelled at any point of time and a new center can be allotted en bloc with due intimation in website/ text message.
JIPMER 2018 Exam Pattern
JIPMER 2018 MBBS Entrance Examination will be conducted through an Online Computer Based Test (CBT). The examination shall be held on Sunday, 3rd JUNE, 2018. The duration of the JIPMER 2018 MBBS Examination shall be 2 hours 30 minutes.
The online CBT exam will be conducted in two shifts:
Morning Shift / First shift : 10:00 AM to 12:30 PM
Afternoon Shift / Second shift : 03:00 PM to 05:30 PM
JIPMER 2018 MBBS Entrance Examination will be conducted in ENGLISH medium only. JIPMER 2018 MBBS Entrance Examination is common to all and consists of 200 Single Best Response Type MCQs having four alternatives and the questions will be asked from the following subjects and the distribution of no. of question is as detailed below:
|Subject||No. of Questions||Mark for each Question||Negative Marking|
|English Language and Comprehension||10||4||Not Applied|
|Logical & Quantitative Reasoning||10||4||Not Applied|
The questions for JIPMER 2018 MBBS Entrance Examination will be based on the syllabus as prescribed by State Board Hr. Sec. and CBSE for XI & XII Standards. Candidates are advised to go through the Mock Test for computer based Test (online examination). Link for mock test is available on JIPMER’s Website www.jipmer.edu.in JIPMER MBBS Entrance Examination – 2018 link.
JIPMER 2018 Result
Result for JIPMER 2018 MBBS Entrance Examination will be disclosed on or before 19th June 2018. JIPMER 2018 Result will be available on official website: www.jipmer.edu.in.
Marks obtained in JIPMER MBBS Entrance Examination are known as Raw Score. Raw Score will be converted into Percentile Score for determining Cutoff and Merit / Ranking. Requests for
re-evaluation / re-checking will not be entertained under any circumstances.
Steps to download JIPMER 2018 Score Card
- Visit official website of JIPMER www.jipmer.edu.in
- Open link “EXAMINATION”
- Go to JIPMER MBBS ENTRANCE EXAMINATION
- Click Download Result
- Fill in User ID and Password
- Download and Save it
JIPMER 2018 Cut off
Cut off for JIPMER 2018 will be based upon Percentile Score. Minimum Eligible Percentile Score is as under:
|General Unreserved (UR / OCI / NRI)||50|
|General Unreserved (UR) OPH||45|
|ST / SC / OBC / OPH||40|
Candidates who secure less than the minimum percentile in JIPMER 2018 MBBS Entrance Examination will not be considered for admission and their names will not be included in the Merit List.
Only those NRI / OCI candidates who opt for admission under Self Financing Scheme at the time of JIPMER 2018 application itself will be considered for the merit list to 6 Seats for NRI / OCI status candidates. No E-Mail or Written communication will be entertained in this regard.
Tie Breaking Criteria
In case of two or more candidates securing equal Percentile in the entrance examination their inter merit shall be determined in the following order:
- Biology: Higher Percentile scores in Biology will result in higher ranking
- Chemistry: If Biology Percentiles do not break the tie, higher Percentile scores in Chemistry will result in higher ranking
- Physics: If Biology and Chemistry Percentiles do not break the tie, higher Percentile scores in Physics will result in higher ranking
- English Language and Comprehension: If Biology, Chemistry and Physics Percentiles do not break the tie, higher Percentile scores in English Language and Comprehension will result in higher ranking.
- Logical & Quantitative Reasoning: If Biology, Chemistry, Physics and English Language and Comprehension Percentiles do not break the tie, higher Percentile scores in Logical & Quantitative Reasoning will result in higher ranking
- Age: If still the tie exists, the candidate elder by age will be ranked higher
JIPMER 2018 Counselling
This is final step for the entire procedure of JIPMER 2018 MBBS Entrance. Candidates who obtains Minimum Eligible Percentile Score, is eligible for JIPMER 2018 Counselling. In the counselling process, there will be 3 rounds. First Counselling for the exam is expected to be started from June 27, 2018. The candidate called for counselling have to report at venue site at the time on the date as stipulated in the Call Letter.
Important information about JIPMER 2108 Counselling
- Biometric finger print and image verifications of the candidate will be done on the day of counselling. If there is a mismatch, the candidate will not be permitted to attend the counselling apart from proceeding with legal action deemed fit by the Institution.
- The Candidate should submit the following certificates along with one set of self-attested copies.
- Hall ticket
- Rank Letter
- Proof of Date of Birth (Birth Certificate or X Std. Certificate).
- Pass Certificate of the qualifying examination.
- Statement of marks of the qualifying examination.
- Character and Conduct Certificate from the Head of the Institute last studied.
- Residence Certificate issued by Revenue Authority not below the rank of Tahsildar.
- In case of Other Backward Classes / Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe,
a Community Certificate, recently obtained from the competent authority –
a Revenue Officer not below the rank of Tahsildar.
- Other Backward Classes (OBC) candidates should produce the required certificate as per the format in the Annexure (Given with Prospectus)
- Transfer Certificate from the Head of the Institution last studied.
- In case of Puducherry residents, the Residence Certificate / Employer Certificate as required in the Prospectus.
- Medical Certificate in case of OPH Candidate.
- Six Passport size colour photographs recently taken.
- Non-Resident Indian
Recent NRI Status certificate of the parent or candidate issued by the Indian Embassy of the respective Country with the Embassy seal.
- OVERSEAS CITIZEN OF INDIA- Certificate of Registration for Overseas Citizen of India
- If the certificates are in any other language, except in English, English Translation attested by a Gazetted Officer should be produced.
- If a candidate has chosen for JIPMER, Puducherry, he/ she will not be allowed to change JIPMER, Karaikal & vice versa. i.e Sliding will not be allowed from JIPMER, Puducherry to JIPMER, Karaikal and vice versa. He / She will not be eligible for the second counselling.
- If a candidate who has not chosen in the first counselling. He/ She will be eligible to attend the second counselling
JIPMER 2018 Counselling Process
It is mandatory for all candidates to be physically present in person for JIPMER 2018 counselling on the day. No request for authorized representative on behalf of candidate will be entertained. If a candidate fails to come for counselling in person, she / he will be marked absent and her/his candidature will stand cancelled.
First JIPMER 2018 Counselling will be conducted from 27th June 2018 category wise. Other rounds for JIPMER 2018 Counselling will depend whether the seats for JIPMER 2018 MBBS are vacant or fulfilled.
The first counselling for various categories will be in the following order and scheduled (Tentative) as detailed below:
|S.No.||Category||Counselling Date (Tentative)|
|1.||OPH & P-OPH (Medical Examination)||June 27, 2018|
|2.||UR / OPH & P-OPH||June 28, 2018|
|3.||OBC / SC / ST||June 29, 2018|
|4.||Puducherry UR / OBC / SC & NRI /OCI||June 30, 2018|
In each category the total no. of candidate to be called for counselling will be 10 times the number of seats available in each category.
Second counselling FOR JIPMER 2018 will be held, if seats are vacant, as per date given in the prospectus.
Important Information about Second Counselling for JIPMER 2018
- If a candidate who has not opted in the first counselling for JIPMER 2018. He/ She will be eligible to attend the second counselling for JIPMER 2018.
- The dates and eligible candidates shall be notified in JIPMER website and no personal intimation will be sent.
- A candidate who is absent at the time of first counselling for JIPMER 2018 will forfeit his / her chance for admission and will not be eligible for second counselling for JIPMER 2018.
- A candidate who is present for the first counselling but does not opt / exercise option at his / her category rank will be eligible to attend second counselling for JIPMER 2018.
- The order of the second counselling will be OPH / UR / OBC / SC / ST / Puducherry-UR / OBC / SC & NRI / OCI (Subject to availability of seats vacant)
- Any seat remaining vacant after the second counselling due to candidate's not opting / joining, will be available for the third counselling for JIPMER 2018 (Tentative Date – August 13, 2018).
- Any seat remaining vacant after the third counselling for JIPMER 2018 due to candidate's not opting/ joining, will be available for the Open Counselling for JIPMER 2018 (Date will be intimated in JIPMER Website).
- In Open Counselling, all candidates who are eligible by the merit list can attend this open counselling irrespective of their previous attendance and counselling will be on the basis of merit rank.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College