JEECE 2018- Jharkhand Engineering Entrance Competitive Exam
JEECE (Jharkhand Engineering Entrance Competitive Examination) is a state level exam conducted by JCECEB. It has replaced JCECE in 2017 for facilitating admission to B.Tech /B.E program in various engineering colleges and institutes in the state of Jharkhand. JEECE 2018 is notification is expected to be out in the month of April while the exam is tentatively scheduled for the month of May.
The minimum eligibility for JEECE is passing 10+2 with minimum 45% marks in 10+2 with PCM subjects.Only locals and domicile of Jharkhand are eligible to apply for the entrance test.
JEECE is a pen and paper based exam which comprises 150 objective type questions. The three sections included in the exam are- Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. Physics and Chemistry is conducted in one shift while Mathematics is conducted in another shift. The scheme of JEECE Examination is indicated below:
60 x 3
Exam duration is 3 hours
Each of 1
Each Correct Answer will be awarded 1 mark
¼ mark is deducted for every wrong answer.
JEECE 2018 is pen paper based test
Questions will be of objective type
There will be 150 questions in JEECE Exam
Highlights of JEECE 2018
- 6 engineering colleges (government and private) offering approximately 1460 seats under the management quota.
- 5 government engineering colleges in Jharkhand offer around 90 general seats (not under management quota) for admission to the applied stream through JEECE.
|Exam Name||JEECE (Jharkhand Engineering Entrance Competitive Exam)|
|Conducting Body||JCECEB (Jharkhand Combined Entrance Competitive Exam Board)|
|JEECE Exam Date 2018||First week of May 2018|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Medium of Exam||English and Hindi|
|Duration of Exam||3 hours|
|Courses Offered||B.E/ B.Tech|
|Number of Participating Engineering Colleges||16 colleges|
|Seats offered||1550 seats|
JEECE 2018 Dates
JEECE is scheduled to be held in pen and paper mode in the first week of May 2018. The online registration for JEECE will tentatively commence from the first week of May 2018.
|JEECE Online application form will be available from||First week of April 2018|
|Last date to submit JEECE Application Form||Fourth week of April 2018|
|JEECE Admit Card can be downloaded from||1 or 2 weeks before the examination|
|JEECE Exam is scheduled on||First week of May 2018|
|JEECE Result 2018 will be announced on||Fourth week of May 2018|
|JEECE Counselling Round 1 starts from||First week of June 2018|
|Round 2 of JEECE Counselling will begin from||Fourth week of June 2018|
JEECE 2018 Eligibility
Candidates can find below the minimum eligibility requirements to apply for JEECE 2018:
- Nationality: A candidate must be an Indian citizen.
- Domicile: A candidate must have a local or permanent residential certificate of the Jharkhand State.
- Age Criteria: There is no age limit for B.E./B.Tech courses. The minimum age required to apply for JEECE is 17 years.
- Qualifying Exam: An aspirant must have completed 10+2 from a recognized board. Appearing candidates can also apply for the exam.
- Subjects: Should have passed 10+2 exam with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects and Chemistry/Biotechnology / Biology / Technical as one of the Vocational subject.
- Minimum Marks: At least 45% marks in case of general category and 40% marks in case of the reserved category, in the qualifying exam.
- Physical Fitness: A medical test will be conducted by the board. Candidates must pass the medical test to be eligible for admission.
JEECE 2018 Application Form
Candidates can apply for JEECE in online mode. No offline or hard copy of the application form will be available. Register on the official website; jceceb.nic.in by filling-in all personal, academic and communication details.
Afterward, candidates need to upload the photograph, Class 12th mark sheet, left-hand thumb impression and signature in JPEG format with the appropriate specifications. Pay the application fee in either online or offline mode.
How to Fill JEECE 2018 Application Form?
The step-wise guide to fill JEECE Online Application is provided below:
Step 1: Registration
- Go to the official website of JEECE 2018 i.e.www.jceceb.jharkhand.gov.in”.
- Click on the ‘Online Application’ Link.
- Next, click on JEECE 2018 Online Application Form Submission.
- Enter personal details, qualification details, course and exam center choice and communication detail.
Step 2: Filling the Application Form
- Read the instruction and tap ‘Click here to Proceed’ button on the bottom of the page.
- Fill the complete form with all the required details like Name, Gender, Category, Email ID, Date of Birth, etc.
- An application number and password will be generated.
- Take a note of both for future reference.
- Login with the given number and password.
Step 3: Uploading Images
- Now, upload the scanned copy of photograph, signature and thumb impression.
- Images should be uploaded in jpeg format, size of photograph (100 kb), signature (50 kb) and left-hand thumb impression (50 kb).
- Click on submit.
- After submitting the form, it will redirect to a new page.
Step 4: Fee Payment
- Choose the payment option like Net Banking, Credit Card/Debit Card and make the fee payment.
- After final submission, a copy of the duly filled form will be displayed.
- Download and take 3 to 4 copies of the form for future reference.
All the fees can be paid through Net Banking, Credit Card/Debit Card. The fee structure varies for the general and reserved category as indicated in the table below.
JEECE 2018 Admit Card
- JEECE Admit Card will be issued 1-2 weeks prior to the examination date.
- Admit Cards will be issued and can be downloaded in online mode only.
- Details such as Candidate’s name, Roll Number, Photograph, Date of Birth, Exam Venue, etc. are mentioned on admit card.
- Carry a copy of JEECE Admit Card on the day of examination.
How to Download JEECE 2018 Admit Card?
Given below are the steps to download JEECE 2018 Admit Card:
- Go to the official website and Click on the ‘Admit Card’ tab.
- Fill all the required details such as the name of examination, Registration, and Date of Birth, etc. on the new page.
- Click on ‘Submit’ button.
- Admit card will be displayed on the screen.
- Download it and print multiple copies of the admit card for future use.
JEECE 2018 Exam Centers
- JEECE 2018 is expected to be conducted at 6 major cities in Jharkhand – Ranchi, Jamshedpur, Dumka, Dhanbad, Hazaribagh and Bokaro.
- Provide choice for two nearest centers in the online application form.
- Final choice to allocate exam centers is reserved with JCECEB Board.
JEECE 2018 Exam Pattern
JEECE 2018 will be conducted in the offline mode. The medium of the exam will be English and Hindi. The duration of the exam will be 3 hours. There are 3 sections in the exam. It will be Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. All the questions will be based on 10+2 syllabus.
There will be total 150 multiple choice questions, 50 questions from each section. All questions will carry 1 mark. Candidates will be awarded 1 mark for each correct answer. Negative marking will also be there and 0.25 marks will be deducted for each incorrect answer. There will be no marks awarded of deducted for unanswered questions. Candidates will be provided an OMR sheet to mark their answers.
- JEECE 2018 will be pen and paper based offline examination.
- All the questions will be in MCQ format based on the 10+2 curriculum of Jharkhand State Board.
- The scheme of examination is tabulated below:
Read More About JEECE 2018 Exam Pattern
|Mode of Examination||Offline (OMR sheet based)|
|Medium of Exam||English and Hindi|
|Number of Questions||150|
|Type of Questions||Objective Type or Multiple choice questions|
|Maximum Marks||150 marks|
|Marks for each correct answer||+1 Mark|
|Negative Marks for each Incorrect answer||-0.25 Marks|
|Duration of Exam||3 hours|
|Sections in Paper||3|
|Subjects||Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics|
JEECE 2018 Syllabus
- JEECE Syllabus comprises of topics form Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics from 10+2 curriculum of Jharkhand State Board.
- All the sections carry 50 questions.
- The entire syllabus and quetions are distributed equallly in the paper in terms of overall difficulty level.
Some of the prominent topics in JEECE are tabulated below:
|Physics||Electrostatics, Current Electricity, Magnetic Effect of Current Magnetism, Electromagnetic Induction Alternating Current, Electromagnetic Waves, Optics, Atoms Nuclei, Communication Systems, etc.|
|Chemistry||Electrochemistry, Solutions, Surface Chemistry, Isolation of Elements, Coordination Compounds, Organic Chemistry, etc.|
|Mathematics||Algebra, Calculus, Vectors and Three – Dimensional Geometry, Probability, Linear Programming, etc.|
Recommended Books for JEECE
Since the syllabus for JEECE is based on the 10+2 curriculum of Jharkhand Education State Board, it is recommended that candidates prepare using prescribed textbooks for class 11th and 12th by the state education board. However, any additional study material or reference guide can always provide some extra help to candidates while revising syllabus or gaining conceptual clarity.
JEECE 2018 Result
To check JEECE 2018 Results, use the steps below:
- Go to the official website of JCECE, www.jceceb.nic.in.
- Search for the ‘Result’ link.
- Select the examination name and enter the roll number and other required details.
- Click on ‘search’ button and the result will be displayed on the screen.
- Download the result and take a printout for further procedures.
- The concerned authority displays JEECE 2018 Answer Key on their official website. Candidates can check their responses against this answer key.
- There is no provision for rechecking of the answer sheet in any case.
The tie-breaking procedure, in case two or more candidates obtain equal marks, are mentioned below for the purpose of preparing merit list :
- Candidate who has scored higher marks in mathematics will get the preference. In case there is still a tie then,
- Candidate who has scored higher marks in physics will get the preference. In case the tie exists then,
- Candidates with older in age will get the preference. If the tie isn’t resolved then,
- As per English alphabetical order, the first name will get the preference.
JEECE 2018 Cut off
- JCECE Board releases cut off marks for all candidates on their official website.
- Cut off is the minimum marks required to qualify in the respective exam.
- JEECE 2018 Cut off marks depend on a number of factors like:
- Number of candidates
- Number of colleges participating in the exam
- Number of seats in the respective colleges
- Reservation norms in the exam
- Previous year admission trends
- Difficulty level of the exam
- Marking scheme of the exam
Expected rank analysis on the basis of previous records and cut off marks are given below:
|Above 80||Below 100|
|Less than 40||More than 1300|
JEECE 2018 Counselling
JEECE Counselling will be conducted in online mode and will consist of 2 stages. Counselling will be organized and manged in the order of merit rank of candidates.
- The first round of counselling will start in the 1st week of June 2018 and the second round of counselling will start in the 4th week of June 2018. Candidates will also have to pay the counselling fee to be a part of JEECE 2018 Counselling.
- Candidates will have to present the original certificates, during document verification process. If any candidate fails to present the genuine documents, his/her admission will be canceled.
- During the 1st round of counselling, candidates will be allowed to select their institute and course only after the successful documents verification process.
- While attending counselling, candidates need to submit a fee of INR 650 (INR 400 in case of SC/ST/Female candidates) via IPO and bank challan.
- If seats are still remaining, 2nd round of counselling will be conducted. Candidates who attended the 1st round can also appear again if they desire to change their course.
- In case of any information required/enquiry, candidates can contact:
Science and Technology Campus, Sirkha Toli,
Namkum-Tupudana Road, Namkum, Ranchi – 834010,
Phone No. – 0651-6999170.
Documents Required for JEECE 2018 Counselling
Candidates are required to bring the following documents at the time of counselling process:
- Mark Sheet and Certificates of Class 10 and 12
- Mark Sheet of the qualifying examination
- Domicile of Jharkhand State
- Passport size photographs same as uploaded in the application form
- JEECE 2018 Admit Card
- Category Certificate, if applicable
Note: All candidates need to attend JEECE 2018 Counselling in person only. No one else can be authorized on behalf of candidate to attend the counselling process.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College