JEECE 2018- Jharkhand Engineering Entrance Competitive Exam
JEECE 2018 (Jharkhand Engineering Entrance Competitive Examination) is a state level exam conducted by JCECEB. The exam is conducted to provide admission to B.Tech /B.E program in various colleges in Jharkhand.
- The exam is expected to be conducted in the first week of May 2018.
- Candidate must be a local or permanent resident of Jharkhand to apply for JEECE 2018.
- JEECE 2018 Application Form will be available at jceceb.nic.in from April 2018.
- Minimum 45% marks are required in PCM subjects in class 12 to be eligible to apply. Reserved category candidates are given 5% relaxation.
- The application fee for the PCM group is INR 900 for unreserved categories while it is INR 450 for reserved categories and female candidates.
JEECE is an offline mode exam which comprises 150 objective type questions in English and Hindi. There are three sections in the paper- Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. Physics and Chemistry is conducted in one shift while Mathematics is conducted in another shift. Answers must be marked by darkening their choice in the OMR Sheet provided. Time allotted for the exam is 3 hours. Given below is the marking scheme for JEECE 2018:
- For every correct answer, candidates are awarded 1 mark.
- If the answer is incorrect, 0.25 mark each is deducted from the total score of the candidate.
- Candidates are not marked for unanswered questions.
Free Download JEECE Sample Papers
60 x 3
Exam duration is 3 hours
Each of 4
Each Correct Answer will be awarded 4 marks
1 mark is deducted for every wrong answer.
JEECE 2018 is pen paper based test
Questions will be of objective type
There are 180 questions in JEECE Exam
Candidates are asked questions from Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics of Class 11 and 12 Syllabus. In Physics, the maximum number of questions are expected to come from Current Electricity. In Chemistry, there are a lot of questions from Thermodynamics. Mathematics section includes questions from Calculus and its applications.
Highlights of JEECE 2018
JCECEB declared a separate exam, JEECE, for admission to B.Tech program from the year 2017. Given below is the seat intake of various colleges through JEECE:
- There are 6 engineering colleges (government and private) offering approximately 1460 seats under the management quota.
- 5 government engineering colleges in Jharkhand offer around 90 free seats (total) for admission to the applied stream.
|Exam Name||JEECE (Jharkhand Engineering Entrance Competitive Exam)|
|Conducting Body||JCECEB (Jharkhand Combined Entrance Competitive Exam Board)|
|JEECE Exam Date 2018||First week of May 2018|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Medium of Exam||English and Hindi|
|Duration of Exam||3 hours|
|Courses Offered||B.E/ B.Tech|
|Number of Participating Engineering Colleges||16 colleges|
|Seats offered||1550 seats|
JEECE 2018 Dates
JEECE is scheduled to be held in pen and paper mode in the first week of May 2018. The online registration for JEECE begins from the first week of May 2018. Here are the tentative JEECE 2018 Dates:
|JEECE Online application form will be available from||First week of April 2018|
|Last date to submit JEECE Application Form||Fourth week of April 2018|
|JEECE Admit Card can be downloaded from||1 or 2 weeks before the examination|
|JEECE Exam is scheduled on||First week of May 2018|
|JEECE Result 2018 will be announced on||Fourth week of May 2018|
|JEECE Counselling Round 1 starts from||First week of June 2018|
|Round 2 of JEECE Counselling will begin from||Fourth week of June 2018|
JEECE 2018 Eligibility
All candidates applying for JEECE 2018 must check the eligibility criteria before applying. Candidate must meet all the listed criteria so that they can apply for the exam. The eligibility criteria include Nationality, Domicile, Age of the candidate, Qualification and Educational Marks, etc. Here are the details about all the eligibility requirements:
- Nationality: A candidate must be an Indian citizen.
- Domicile: A candidate must have a local or permanent residential certificate of the Jharkhand State.
- Age Criteria: There is no age limit for B.E./B.Tech courses. The minimum age required to apply for JEECE is 17 years.
- Qualifying Exam: The candidate must have completed 10+2 from a recognized board. Appearing candidates can also apply for the exam.
- Subjects: Candidate must have passed 10+2 exam with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects and Chemistry/Biotechnology / Biology / Technical as one of the Vocational subject.
- Minimum Marks: Candidates must have secured, at least 45% marks in case of general category and 40% marks in case of the reserved category, in the qualifying exam.
- Physical Fitness: A medical test will be conducted by the board. Candidates must pass the medical test to be eligible for admission.
JEECE 2018 Application Form
Candidates who are eligible for this exam can fill JEECE 2018 Application Form in the online mode. No offline or hard copy of the application form will be available. Register on the official website; jceceb.nic.in by filling all personal, academic and communication details.
After that upload the photograph, Class 12 mark sheet, left-hand thumb impression and signature in JPEG format with the appropriate specifications. Pay the application fee in either online or offline mode. Here are the detailed steps to apply for JEECE 2018:
How to Fill JEECE 2018 Application Form?
The step-wise instruction for online application form filling is given below:
Step 1: Registration
- Go to the official website of JEECE 2018 i.e.www.jceceb.jharkhand.gov.in”.
- Click on the ‘Online Application’ Link.
- Next, click on JEECE 2018 Online Application Form Submission.
- Enter personal details, qualification details, course and exam center choice and communication detail.
Step 2: Filling the Application Form
- Read the instruction and tap ‘Click here to Proceed’ button on the bottom of the page.
- Fill the complete form with all the required details like Name, Gender, Category, Email ID, Date of Birth, etc.
- An application number and password will be generated.
- Make a note of registration number password.
- Login with the given number and password.
Step 3: Uploading Images
- Now, upload the scanned copy of photograph, signature and thumb impression.
- The images should be uploaded in jpeg format, size of photograph (100 kb), signature (50 kb) and left-hand thumb impression (50 kb).
- Click on submit.
- After submitting the form, it will redirect to a new page.
Step 4: Fee Payment
- Choose the payment option like Net Banking, Credit Card/Debit Card and make the fee payment.
- After final submission, an application form will be displayed.
- Download and take 3 to 4 copies of the form for future reference.
All the fees can be paid through Net Banking, Credit Card/Debit Card. There is different fee structure for the general and reserved category. The application fee for General/OBC is INR 900 while for SC/ST it is INR 450.
JEECE 2018 Admit Card
JEECE 2018 Admit Card will be available one or two weeks before the commencement of the exam. JEECE 2018 Admit Card will be issued in online mode only. There will be no correspondence done via offline mode. JEECE Admit card provides details such as Candidate’s name, Roll Number, Photograph, Date of Birth, Exam Venue, Exam Date, Timings, etc. Candidates will have to bring the admit card along with one photo ID proof to the examination hall.
How to Download JEECE 2018 Admit Card?
Given below are the steps to download JEECE 2018 Admit Card:
- Go to the official website and Click on the ‘Admit Card’ tab.
- You will be redirected to a new page. Fill all the required details such as the name of examination, Registration, and Date of Birth, etc.
- Click on ‘Submit’ button.
- The admit card will be displayed on the screen.
- Download it and print multiple copies of the admit card for future use.
JEECE 2018 Exam Centers
Admit card of JEECE 2018 will contain the detailed address of the exam center. Most of the time it is same as candidates fill at the time of submission of the application form. In some case, JEECE reserves its discretion to allot a center other than that of candidate’s choice. Candidates are required to download their JEECE 2018 Admit card to know the allotted exam center. The hall ticket will be available for candidates tentatively one or two weeks before JEECE 2018 is conducted.
Here is the list of JEECE Exam centers:
|Exam Centers||Exam Centers|
JEECE 2018 Exam Pattern
JEECE 2018 will be conducted in the offline mode. The medium of the exam will be English and Hindi. The duration of the exam will be 3 hours. There are 3 sections in the exam. It will be Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. All the questions will be based on 10+2 syllabus.
There will be total 150 multiple choice questions, 50 questions from each section. All questions will carry 1 mark. Candidates will be awarded 1 mark for each correct answer. Negative marking will also be there and 0.25 marks will be deducted for each incorrect answer. There will be no marks awarded of deducted for unanswered questions. Candidates will be provided an OMR sheet to mark their answers.
Read More About JEECE 2018 Exam Pattern
|Mode of Examination||Offline (OMR sheet based)|
|Medium of Exam||English and Hindi|
|Number of Questions||150|
|Type of Questions||Objective Type or Multiple choice questions|
|Maximum Marks||150 marks|
|Marks for each correct answer||+1 Mark|
|Negative Marks for each Incorrect answer||-0.25 Marks|
|Duration of Exam||3 hours|
|Sections in Paper||3|
|Subjects||Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics|
JEECE 2018 Syllabus
The question paper for JEECE 2018 will be based on a common syllabus notified by CBSE for Class 12. JEECE 2018 Syllabus comprises of three subjects PCM (Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics). Each subject carries equal weight age of questions. Each section carries 50 questions.
Some of the topics in JEECE will be:
|Physics||Electrostatics, Current Electricity, Magnetic Effect of Current Magnetism, Electromagnetic Induction Alternating Current, Electromagnetic Waves, Optics, Atoms Nuclei, Communication Systems, etc.|
|Chemistry||Electrochemistry, Solutions, Surface Chemistry, Isolation of Elements, Coordination Compounds, Organic Chemistry, etc.|
|Mathematics||Algebra, Calculus, Vectors and Three – Dimensional Geometry, Probability, Linear Programming, etc.|
JEECE 2018 Result
JEECE 2018 Result will be announced by the conducting authority in the 4th week of May 2018. The result will be declared online and can be checked on the official website of JCECEB. The steps to download the JEECE 2018 Results are mentioned below:
- Go to the official website of JCECE, www.jceceb.nic.in.
- Search for the ‘Result’ link.
- Select the examination name and enter the roll number and other required details.
- Click on ‘search’ button and the result will be displayed on the screen.
- Download the result and take a printout for further procedures.
The concerned authority displays JEECE 2018 Answer Key on their official website. Candidates can check their responses against this answer key. The answer key is expected to be uploaded on the official website before the declaration of JEECE 2018 Result. There is no provision for rechecking of the answer sheet in any case.
On the basis of candidates’ performance in JEECE 2018, a merit/score card will be declared. The merit list will include combined merit list and category wise merit list. If two or more candidates obtained equal marks, then JCECE Board determines a sequence of preference for tie-breaking:
- Candidate who has scored higher marks in mathematics will get the preference. In case there is still a tie then,
- Candidate who has scored higher marks in physics will get the preference. In case the tie exists then,
- Candidates with older in age will get the preference. If the tie isn’t resolved then,
- As per English alphabetical order, the first name will get the preference.
JEECE 2018 Cut off
JCECE Board releases cut off marks for all candidates on their official website. Cut off is the minimum marks required to qualify in the respective exam. JEECE 2018 Cut off marks depend on a number of factors like:
- Number of candidates
- Number of colleges participating in the exam
- Number of seats in the respective colleges
- Reservation norms in the exam
- Previous year admission trends
- Difficulty level of the exam
- Marking scheme of the exam
Rank analysis on the basis of previous records and cut off marks are given below:
|Above 80||Below 100|
|Less than 40||More than 1300|
JEECE 2018 Counselling
Candidates will be called for counselling procedure based on the rank scored by them in JEECE 2018. It will be conducted by JCECEB only. The counselling will be held in two stages/rounds.
- The first round of counselling will start in the 1st week of June 2018 and the second round of counselling will start in the 4th week of June 2018. Candidates will also have to pay the counselling fee to be a part of JEECE 2018 Counselling.
- Candidates will have to present the genuine certificates, during document verification process. If any candidate fails to present the genuine documents, his/her admission will be canceled.
- During the 1st round of counselling, candidates will be allowed to select their institute and course only after the successful documents verification process.
If seats are still remaining, 2nd round of counselling will be conducted. Candidates who came in the 1st round can also appear again if they desire to change their course.
Documents Required for JEECE 2018 Counselling
Candidates are required to bring the following documents at the time of counselling process:
- Mark Sheet and Certificates of Class 10 and 12
- Mark Sheet of the qualifying examination
- Domicile of Jharkhand State
- Passport size photographs same as uploaded in the application form
- JEECE 2018 Admit Card
- Category Certificate, if applicable
Note: All candidates will have to attend JEECE 2018 Counselling in person only. No one else can attend it on behalf of the candidate.