JEE Main 2018 Application Form
JEE Main 2018 Application Form is expected to be available from December 01, 2017 until January 2, 2018. Candidates can choose to fill the form in either online or offline mode. Nearly 13 lakh candidates are expected to apply for JEE Main 2018.
Candidates have the choice of applying for either Paper 1 (B.E./B.Tech.) or Paper 2 (B.Arch) or both. Make sure you have passed Class 12 examination with minimum 45% marks in each subject (40% in case of reserved categories), to apply for the Joint Entrance Exam (Main). Check JEE Main Eligibility
- Filling-up of JEE Main 2018 Application Form requires you to first register at jeemain.nic.in.
- You must then fill your personal, academic and Aadhaar card details.
- Next, you are required to upload scanned images of your photograph and signature in the prescribed format.
- You are directed to the fee payment page. Remit the application fee through online mode or in through e-challan latest by January 02, 2018.
- The application fee for general category candiadtes for offline mode is INR 1000 (INR 500 for online mode) for one paper, while it is INR 1800 (INR 1300 for online mode) for both the papers.
- Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) will make open the window for form correction in January 2018.
- Candidates who register successfully will be eligible to download JEE Main 2018 Admit Card from March 2018 onwards.
JEE Main 2018 Latest Updates
- Just as the previous year, all Indian must possess a valid Aadhaar Card/ Passport, while all international candidates must possess a Passport.
- A provision for Jammu & Kashmir, Meghalaya and Assam applicants has also been made. For those sitting for the exam from these states have to provide the required details – Passport Number, Ration Card, Bank Account Number or any other Govt. Id Number while filling the JEE Main Application Form. Also they have to choose cities in these States as examination Centers.
- No weightage will be given to Class 12th marks in calculating All India Rank of JEE Main 2018.
Highlights of JEE Main 2018 Application Form
|Highlights of JEE Main 2018 Application Form|
|Availability of JEE Main 2018 Application Form ||December 01, 2017 – January 2, 2018|
|Application Form for JEE Main 2018 will be released by||Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE)|
|JEE Main 2018 Official Website||www.jeemain.nic.in|
|Minimum qualification to fill JEE Main Application Form||45% marks in class XII|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Documents required at the time of form-filling||Scanned copy of all academic certificates, Recent photograph and signature, Caste/ nationality certificate, Aadhaar card, Passport|
|JEE Main Application Fee |
For 1 Paper- INR 1000 (INR 500 for online mode)
For 2 Papers- INR 1800 (INR 1300 for online mode)
|Mode of Fee Payment||Online and Offline|
|Candidates Expected to Registration||Approx. 13 lakh|
JEE Main 2018 Registration Dates
Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) will soon be announcing JEE Main 2018 exam dates. Candidates can check the tentative schedule for JEE Main 2018 given in the table below:
|Release of JEE Main 2018 Notification||November 2017|
|Release of JEE Main 2018 Application Form ||December 01, 2017|
|Last date to fill JEE Main 2018 Application Form||January 02, 2018|
|JEE Main 2018 Application Form Correction Window||3rd Week of January 2018|
|JEE Main 2018 Admit Card will be issued on||2nd week of March 2018|
How to Fill JEE Main 2018 Application Form?
- JEE Main 2018 Application Form has to be filled online at jeemain.nic.in.
- The registration window is open from December 01, 2017 – January 2, 2018.
- All Indian nationals and international candidates can apply for JEE Main.
- Candidates have to enter Aadhaar card number in the application form. It is mandatory to fill this field. In case, you have applied for the card, enter your enrollment number.
Here is how you can apply for JEE Main 2018:
STEP 1: Fill General Details
- Nationality, State, Gender, DOB and identification type is to be selected and the identification number is to be filled correctly
- Applicants must possess a valid Aadhar card number to complete the registration.
Step 2: Fill exam related details
- Submit the name of the exam from the given options:
- JEE (Main) Paper - 1 (B.E. / B. Tech.)
- Only JEE (Main) Paper - 2 (B. Arch. / B. Planning)
- JEE (Main) Paper 1 and Paper 2 both
- Candidates need to choose the mode and the center where he/she wants to appear for the exam
- The medium of the question papers to be selected from the given languages: English/ Hindi/ Gujarati.
Step 3: Fill Personal Details
- Fathers name, residence and other personal information
Step 4: Fill Academic Details
- Candidates should not get confused in CGPA and percentage.
Step 5: Fill Mailing Address and Guardians Detail
- The Mailing address and phone number should be correctly written. All the related details will be sent to the registered contact number and mailing address.
Step 6: Choose a Password
- The password must be between 8 to 16 letters
- It should contain one capital letter, one small letter, one numeric value and one special character.
- After the submission of the detail, JEE Main Application Form number gets generated. Candidates need to note it down for further use.
Step 7: Upload Scanned Images
- Photograph (colored photograph clicked in a white background)
- Signature (signed with black/blue dot pen)
Step 8: Pay Application Fee
- The payment can be done in the following two ways:
- Online Mode- Debit card, cash card, credit card or Paytm.
- Offline Mode- E-challan
- If one chooses the e-challan option, they have to print out the online generated e-challan and pay the fee in cash at Syndicate/Canara/ICICI/HDFC bank.
- After the payment is successful, candidates need to obtain a copy of acknowledgment page and keep a hard copy for future reference.
Check JEE Main 2018 Admit Card
Note: There is no need to send the filled-in application form to CBSE.
Retrieving Application Number and Password
If any candidate forgets his Application Number, he can follow the below steps:
- Retrieving Application Number: The fields include some validation information like Name, DOB, Fathers name, mothers name.
- Retrieving Password: Go to the website and select “forgot password”. Using Security Question & its Answer you chose during Form filling. Using a verification code sent via text message to your Registered Mobile No. filled during form filling.
Documents Required to Fill JEE Main 2018 Application Form
- Photograph of JPEG format which should be 4KB to 100KB in size and having dimensions 3.5cm x 4.5cm
- Signature of Candidate in JPEG format of 1KB to 30KB and 3.5cm x 1.5cm in size.
- Aadhar card number is required for enrollment
- Proof of Date of Birth: class 10th marksheet/ Birth Certificate
- Class 10th certificate for reference
- Class 12th marksheet (only for candidates appearing after passing out 12th standard)
- Caste Certificate for SC or ST
- Caste Certificate for OBC-NCL issued after June 01, 2015
- Candidates seeking admission under PWD category needs to provide a certificate as proof. Refer brochure for more details
- Domicile Certificate (if required)
- Passport (only for foreign candidates)
Documents Required for Foreign Candidates
- Birth certificate for age proof
- Class XII mark sheet/certificate (must have 75 % cut-off)
- Identity proof of the candidate
- Citizenship certificate/Passport of both the parents
- Testimonial (if required)
JEE Main 2018 Application Fee
- Described below is the fee range for both, candidates opting exam centers in India and those opting in foreign.
- Based on one’s preference, he needs to make payment for the requisite application fee.
- Candidates can only pay the application fee by both online and offline modes.
- Fee Description for candidates in India as well as Foreign is tabulated below:
|Examination Center Opted||Appearing Papers||Offline Mode Exam||Online Mode Exam|
|-||Paper Type||General/OBCs (Male Candidates) (INR)||SC/ST/PWD/All Girls (INR)||General/OBCs (INR)||SC/ST/PWD/Girls (INR)|
|INDIA||Either Paper 1 or 2||1000||500||500||250|
|Paper 1 and 2 both||1800||900||1300||650|
|FOREIGN||Either Paper 1 or 2||2500||1250||2500||1250|
|Paper 1 and 2 both||3800||1900||3800||1900|
JEE Main Application Form Correction 2018
Candidates will get only one time opportunity to edit JEE Main 2018 application form in the month of January 2018. This option is provided for correction of personal particulars of candidates or Aadhaar Card details.
- Correction can be done only if the candidate’s application fee is submitted successfully and completed all the steps of online application form of JEE Main.
- Candidates can make changes in all the particulars (including images of photo, thumb impression and signature) in the JEE Main Application form.
- The balance fee, if required due to correction in particulars, must be paid by the candidates during the correction period only.
- Candidates can only change the exam mode but only from pen & paper examination to computer based examination. The vice-versa is not possible.
JEE Main Eligibility 2018
JEE Main is a national level engineering exam for admission to B.Tech/B.E courses in variuous NITs, IIITs, SFTIs, GFTIs and NEUTs. Similar to last year, no weightage will be given to class XII marks in the calculation of normalized scores. Both Indian candidates and all International candidates can apply for JEE Main 2018. Here is detailed eligibility for JEE Main 2018:
- Minimum age required to apply for JEE Main is 17 years while the upper age limit is 25 years.
- The reserved categories get a relaxation of 5 years in the upper age limit.
- Candidates who have cleared Class XII with 45% or are appearing in the qualifying exam with science subjects are eligible to apply for JEE Main
- Candidates can attempt the exam thrice, however, they can appear for 2 attempts consecutively in 2 years.
Check JEE Main Eligibility
JEE Main 2018 Application Form FAQs
Ques. Can I pay my fee through Demand Draft?
Ans. No, payment of application fee by DD will not be accepted. If paying offline, you will only have to print the online generated e-challan and pay the fee in cash at Syndicate/Canara/ICICI/HDFC bank.
Ques. I am still appearing in class XII. Can I still enter my roll number while filling the form?
Ans. Class XII roll number option is not mandatory. If it is allotted, you may fill it or otherwise leave it empty.
Ques. My name is different in Aadhaar Card and School Records. Which details should I fill in JEE Main application form?
Ans. You should submit a correction request at Aadhaar Card Centre and fill the application by entering 14 digits Aadhaar Enrollment ID/UR Number.
Ques. I am belonging to Assam state and did not have Aadhaar Card. How can I apply for JEE Main 2018?
Ans. You can apply through passport number, ration card number, bank account number or any other valid Govt. identity number.
Ques. Can NIOS candidates apply for JEE Main?
Ans. Yes, they are eligible to apply.
Ques. Is there any need to upload an image of my thumb impression?
Ans. No, there is no need. Uploading your signature and photograph will suffice.
Ques. What is the age criteria to apply for JEE Main 2018?
Ans. An applicant’s date of birth should fall on or after 01 October, 1993 (for general candidates) and 01, October 1988 (for candidates from SC, ST and PwD category)