JEE Advanced 2018: Exam Dates and Application Form
JEE Advanced 2018 is scheduled to be conducted on May 20, 2018. The exam is a gateway for admission to B.E./B.Tech courses in IITs, ISM Dhanbad and IISc Bangalore. JEE Advanced is the second stage of Joint Entrance Exam and only the top 2,24,000 AIR from JEE Main would be eligible for this test.
- To be able to apply for JEE Advanced 2018, a candidate must also secure 75% in his class XII.
- Eligible students can fill JEE Advanced Application Form 2018 from April 2018 onwards.
- They must also pay an application fee of INR 1200 while filling the form.
- JEE Advanced 2018 Admit Card will be released in first week of May 2018.
- JEE Advanced 2018 will consist two papers that are to be completed in 3 hours. Check JEE Advanced 2018 Exam Pattern
- To qualify JEE Advanced, an aggregate of 372 marks as well as 124 marks in each paper viz. Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics must be scored.
- Syllabus for JEE Advanced will consist questions from Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- JEE Advanced Result 2018 will be published on the official website i.e. jeeadv.ac.in on or after June 11, 2018. It will represent the All India Rank(AIR) and Category Rank of successful candidates.
Candidates who qualify JEE Advanced 2018 and also secure the minimum set marks (minimum 372), will proceed towards JEE Advanced Counselling 2018. It will be conducted by Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JOSAA) in the last week of June 2018.
JEE Advanced 2017 Exam Highlights
|Exam Name||Joint Entrance Exam (Advanced)|
|Commonly known as||JEE Advanced|
|Exam Category||Undergraduate (UG)|
|Number of JEE Advanced takers||2,24,000|
|Candidates expected to clear JEE Advanced 2018||Approximately 9000|
|Mode of exam||Offline|
JEE Advanced 2018 Exam Date
JEE Advanced Application Form 2018 will be available only after the announcement of JEE Main 2018 Result. Candidates must apply online at jeeadv.ac.in. The tentative JEE Advanced 2018 Exam Dates are given below. Make sure you do not miss on any of these.
|JEE Advanced 2017 Registration begins from||April 28, 2018|
|Last date to submit JEE Advanced Application Form 2018 without late fee||May 02, 2018|
|Last date to submit JEE Advanced Application Form 2018 with late fee||May 03, 2018 - May 04, 2018|
|JEE Advanced Admit card 2018 will be available from||May 10, 2018|
|Last Date to Download JEE Advanced 2018 Admit Card||May 21, 2018|
|JEE Advanced Exam Date 2018||May 20, 2018 Paper 1 - (9:00 am to 12:00 noon) Paper 2 - (2:00 pm to 5:00 pm)|
|Online display of JEE Advanced 2018 Answer key||June 4, 2018|
|Declaration of JEE Advanced Result 2018||June 11, 2018|
|Online Registration for Architecture Aptitude Test (AAT)||June 11-June 12, 2018|
|Architecture Aptitude Test Date||June 14, 2018|
|Declaration of AAT Result 2018||June 18, 2018|
|Dates of Seat Allotment (tentative)||June 19, 2018-July 18, 2018|
JEE Advanced 2018 Eligibility Criteria
It is essential to fulfil the eligibility criteria of JEE Advanced 2018 before filling the application form. There are various factors that affect a candidate’s selection for the exam. Candidates can refer to the JEE Advanced 2018 eligibility criteria mentioned below:
- Nationality: For JEE Advanced 2018, both Indian and foreign nationals (including OCI/PIO) can apply.
- Performance in JEE Main 2018: Candidates are only eligible if they are amongst the top 2,20,000 All India Rank holders in JEE Main 2018.
- Age: General category candidates should not be more than 26 years in age. For SC/ST/PwD category candidates, relaxation of 5 years is applicable i.e., they must be born on after Oct. 1, 1987.
- Number of Attempts: Candidates can appear for JEE Advanced only 2 times in 2 consecutive years
- Appearance in Class XII (or equivalent): Candidates who appear for the 10+2 or equivalent examination in year 2018 are also eligible to apply.
- Earlier Admission at IITs:
- Any candidate who has rejected the seat of IIT earlier are not eligible to apply.
- Candidates who joined preparatory courses in any of the IITs in the previous academic sessions, can also apply for JEE Advanced 2018.
- Similarly, candidates who have paid the seat acceptance fee but still not accepted the seat are eligible to appear in the JEE Advanced 2018.
- Performance in 10+2 or Equivalent Examination:
- Candidates must have minimum 75% aggregate marks (65% in case of SC/ST/PwD category) in 10+2 or equivalent examination or candidates must be within the category-wise top 20 percentile of qualified candidates in their particular 10+2 or equivalent examination.
- Candidates who appeared in 10+2 examination in 2017 but reappeared in 2018, the best performance from the two will be considered.
JEE Advanced Application Form 2018
JEE Advanced Application Form 2018 has to be filled and submitted at jeeadv.ac.in. It will be tentatively available from April 28 till May 2, 2018. Make sure you fulfil the eligibility criteria before form-filling. To apply for JEE Advanced 2018, a candidate needs to register first and then proceed to the form-filling process. Check below all important steps to fill JEE Advanced Application Form 2018:
- Visit the official website i.e. jeeadv.ac.in
- Log in JEE Main 2018 Roll Number and Date of Birth
- Choose a new password to complete JEE Advanced 2018 Registration
Step 2- Fill JEE Advanced Application Form 2018
- After successfully creating a new password, you will be redirected to a page that will ask your personal and academic details
- Candidates will be required to mention the number of attempts, exam center, language of exam, category etc.
- Students requiring a scribe should mention it in JEE Advanced 2018 application form.
Step 3- Upload Documents
Candidates are required to upload the following documents:
- A colored photograph with head centered in the frame. It should cover 70-80% of the photograph and taken within lastsix months. The photograph should allow clear identification of the candidate.
- Class X and XII (or equivalent examination) certificate
- Class XII (or equivalent examination) certificate (for those who appeared for the exam in 2017)
- Scanned copy of candidate’s full signature and left-hand thumb impression.
- OBC-NCL category candidates will have to specify their caste from a drop down list of their State as per the Central List of NCBC.
- Candidates from PwD category are required to upload the disability certificates.
- All scanned certificates should be in JPG/JPEG format.
- Size of the certificate images should be greater than 50 KB but less than 300 KB.
Step 4- Pay Application Fee
The fee varies as per the exam centre as well as the category of student. For an exam centre in India, female/ SC/ST/ PwD candidates have tp pay INR 1200, while all other candidates have to pay INR 2400. In case of late submission, you will be required to pay an extra fee of INR 500.
JEE Advanced 2018 Application Fee can be remitted via following two modes:
- Online mode- Payment by Debit Card / Credit Card or Internet Banking
- Offline mode- Payment by cash using SBI Branch Option while submitting the application
- In case of Cash payment, candidate will have to select the “SBI Branch” option and the system will generate the E-challan.
- Candidates who want to select Dubai as the examination city are required to pay US$ 220 through International Debit/Credit Card issued by Foreign Banks only and issued outside India
JEE-Advanced Admit Card 2018
Candidates appearing for JEE Advanced 2018 can download JEE Advanced Admit Card 2018 from the official website jeeadv.ac.in. Candidates must use their credentials to download the admit card. Once received, cross-check your name, father’s name, photograph, signature, roll number, category etc.
To download JEE Advanced admit card, candidates must follow the below steps:
- Visit the official website of JEE Advanced i.e. jeeadv.ac.in
- Click on the link for ‘JEE Advanced 2017 Admit Card’
- Enter your registered application number and password
- Check details on admit card
- Print it for further use
In case of any discrepancy or problem in downloading JEE Advanced Admit Card 2017, immediately contact the Chairman, JEE (Advanced) of the Zonal IIT under which your examination centre falls.
JEE Advanced Exam Pattern 2018
JEE Advanced 2018 will be conducted in offline mode. There will be two papers conducted in two different slots on the same day. Both the papers will have 3 sections viz. Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. No major changes are expected to be there in JEE Advanced Exam Pattern 2018. The syllabus is based on 10+2 curriculum prescribed by CBSE. Candidates can check JEE Advanced exam pattern highlights given below:
|JEE Advanced Exam Pattern Highlights|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|No. of Papers||2|
|Language||English and Hindi|
|Duration||3 hours for each paper|
Paper 1- 264
Paper 2- 240
Paper 1- 90
Paper 2- 60
|Nature of Questions|
Paper 1- Objective type
Paper 2- Numerical Type
|Subjects Included||Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics|
JEE Advanced Syllabus 2018
JEE Advanced 2018 is scheduled in May 2018. The syllabus for JEE Advanced 2018 will be decided by the organizing institute. JEE Advanced Syllabus 2018 will contain questions from Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. They will be of 10+2 level. Read on to know all the important chapters from PCM that are essential to study for JEE Advanced.
- Analytical Geometry
- Differential Calculus
- Integral Calculus
- Physical Chemistry
- Organic Chemistry
- Inorganic Chemistry
- General Physics
- Thermal Physics
- Electricity and Magnetism
- Modern Physics
JEE Advanced 2018 Suggested Books
The difficulty level of JEE Advanced is obviously higher as compared to JEE Main as it is the second stage of Joint Entrance Examination. Only the shortlisted candidates will be selected to get admission in IITs and ISM Dhanbad. Candidates will be tested not only their knowledge of fundamental concepts but their applications as well. JEE Advanced 2018 aspirants can refer to the some of the most recommended books mentioned below to get an in-depth insight of the important topics.
|BOOK NAME||AUTHOR NAME||ISBN|
|Fundamentals of Physics||Halliday, Resnick & Walker||8126532459|
|Problems in General Physics||I.E. Irodov||9351414892|
|Maths XI||R.D Sharma||9383182350|
|Maths XII||R.D Sharma||9383182369|
|IITJEE Chemistry||O.P Aggarwal||9381250197|
JEE Advanced Result 2018
JEE Advanced 2018 Result is expected to be declared around in the 2nd week of June on its official site i.e. jeeadv.ac.in. Candidates can view their result by logging-in with their roll no. and date of birth. With JEE Advanced 2018 Result, candidates can also check their AIR (All India Rank) and category-wise AIR. The result for JEE Advanced will not be declared in offline mode.
All the successful candidates will be shortlisted to participate in JEE Advanced Counselling 2018. It will be conducted by JoSAA (Joint Seat Allocation Authority).
How to Check JEE Advanced 2018 Result?
Here’s how you can view your JEE Advanced Result 2018:
- Visit the Official website of JEE Advanced i.e. www.jeeadv.ac.in
- Click on ‘JEE Advanced Result’ link
- Enter your JEE Advanced 2018 Roll Number and Date of Birth
- Click on “Submit” button
- View your JEE Advanced result on the screen
- Download and take a printout of their JEE Advanced 2018 Score Card
JEE Advanced 2018 Cut off
Cut off is the minimum marks that a candidate needs to score in JEE Advanced 2018 to be able to sit for counselling. Cut off marks depend upon how many students registered, how many actually sat for the exam, last year’s cutoff etc. JEE Advanced 2018 Cut off will vary institute-wise and category-wise. As for the total marks, a candidate must obtain the below-set marks to qualify:
- Total marks to obtain in Paper 1 and 2- 372 (186 in each paper)
- Total marks in Physics- 124 (62 each in Paper-1 and Paper-2)
- Total marks in Chemistry- 124 (62 each in Paper-1 and Paper-2)
- Total marks in Mathematics- 124 (62 each in Paper-1 and Paper-2)
Minimum Percentage of Marks Prescribed for Inclusion in the Rank List
Here are the minimum percentage of marks (aggregate and subject-wise) that a candidate must secure to qualify JEE Advanced 2018.
|Rank list as per the Categories||Minimum percentage of marks in each subject||Minimum percentage of aggregate marks|
|Common rank list (CRL)||10.0||20.0|
|OBC-NCL rank list||9.0||18|
|SC rank list||5.0||10|
|ST rank list||5.0||10|
|Common-PwD rank list (CRL-PwD)||5.0||10|
|OBC-NCL-PwD rank list||5.0||10|
|SC-PwD rank list||5.0||10|
|ST-PwD rank list||5.0||10|
|Preparatory course rank list||2.5||05|
JEE Advanced Counselling 2018
JEE Advanced 2018 Counselling will be organized and managed by JOSAA (Joint Seat Allocation Authority) for admission to IITs & ISM Dhanbad. It is expected to begin in June 2018.The allocation of seats will be done on the basis of seat matrix list provided by the participating colleges. Candidates can check the stepwise JEE Advanced Counselling Procedure mentioned below.
Step 1- Registration
- Visit the official website i.e. jeeadv.ac.in to register
- Enter your registration number, roll number, date of birth and password
Step 2- Online Choice Filling
- Log-in using your credentials to choose branch, course and institute
- Lock your final choices before the due date
- Take a print of all choices you lock
- In case, access to the JCOP (Counselling portal) is denied, call on the JEE Advanced helpline number provided on the official website or submit an online request to JEE helpline (email@example.com)
Step 3- Seat allotment
It will be divided into three categories namely,
- On the basis of Date of Birth (DOB)
- Percentage of disability
Step 4 – Allocation of Seats
The final step in the counselling process is the allocation of seats. All the details regarding availability of seats in the participating institutes and cutoff will be updated on the official website of JoSAA.
Architecture Aptitude Test (AAT) 2018
Candidates willing to join B.Arch. in either IIT Kharagpur or IIT Roorkee will have to clear the Architecture Aptitude Test (AAT). All students who qualify JEE Advanced 2018 will be eligible to apply for AAT 2018. To be able to apply for AAT 2018, candidates can visit the official website i.e. jeeadv.ac.in.
The exam is most likely to be held in mid of June 2017. The duration of AAT 2018 is 3 hours. Candidates can use JEE Advanced Admit Card 2017 to appear in AAT 2018.
JEE Advanced 2018 FAQ’s
Ques. Which document should I upload if I have Class XII pass certificate and the marks statement as separate documents?
Ans. Upload the Class XII marks statement.
Ques. My class XII result is yet to be out. Will I be able to register for JEE Advanced 2018 without uploading Class XII certificate?
Ans. Yes. You do not have to upload any document with respect to Class XII Examination.
Ques. Is the question paper available in Hindi language?
Ans. Yes. JEE Advanced 2018 offers question papers in two languages: English and Hindi. Candidates have to choose the language option during the JEE Advanced 2018 registration.
Ques. What is my login id to apply for JEE Advanced 2018?
Ans. Your login is your JEE Main roll number. The password is same as that used for JEE MAIN.
Ques. Are PIO and OCI card holders eligible to appear in JEE Advanced 2018?
Ans. Yes. PIO and OCI card holders are eligible. Please refer to the relevant section of Information Brochure (points 5, 9 and 10) for more information.
Ques. How much is the late fee for JEE Advanced 2018?
Ans. You have to pay an additional amount of INR 500.
Ques. Can I sit for Architecture Aptitude Test (AAT) without writing JEE Advanced 2018?
Ans. No. Candidates who qualify in JEE Advanced 2018 will only be eligible for appearing in AAT 2018.