JEE Advanced 2018: Mock Test Released
IIT Kanpur is the organising institute for JEE Advanced 2018. The exam will be held on Sunday, May 20, 2018. JEE Advanced is conducted for admission to Bachelor’s, Integrated Master’s and Dual Degree programs in Engineering, Sciences or Architecture in all the IITs. JEE Advanced is the second stage of Joint Entrance Exam and only the top 2,24,000 AIR holders from JEE Main would be eligible for this test.
The entire JEE Advanced 2018 exam will be conducted in fully computer-based test mode. The exam is held one of the seven Zonal Coordinating (ZC) IITs under the guidance of JAB every year. The examination consists of 2 papers which are mandatory to qualify for the admission.
February 24, 2018: 3 more mock tests for JEE (Advanced) 2018 released online. Click Here
February 01, 2018: Mock Test (3) for JEE (Advanced) 2018 released online. Click Here
January 30, 2018: Mock Test (2) for JEE (Advanced) 2018 released online. Click Here
January 26, 2018: IIT Kanpur releases JEE (Advanced) 2018 Information Brochure. Click Here
January 24, 2018: Supernumerary seats (from 8% to 14%) for female candidates announced.
December 19, 2017: The conducting body launches JEE Advanced Mock Test for Computer Based Exam. Check Now.
November 06, 2017: JEE Advanced 2018 Syllabus posted online. Click Here.
Candidates who qualify JEE Advanced 2018 and also secure the minimum set marks (minimum 372), will proceed towards JEE Advanced Counselling 2018. It will be conducted by JoSAA in the last week of June 2018.
JEE Advanced 2018 Poster can be found below:
JEE Advanced 2018 Exam Highlights
|Exam Name||Joint Entrance Exam (Advanced)|
|Number of JEE Advanced takers||2,24,000|
|Mode of exam||Online|
JEE Advanced 2018 Exam Date
JEE Advanced 2018 exam dates have been announced by IIT Kanpur along with the release of official notification. Aspirants can check the schedule for JEE Advanced 2018 in the table provided below:
|JEE Advanced 2018 Registration||May 02 – 07, 2018|
|JEE Advanced Admit Card 2018||May 14 – 20, 2018|
|JEE Advanced Exam Date 2018|
May 20, 2018
Paper 1 – (9:00 am to 12:00 noon)
Paper 2 – (2:00 pm to 5:00 pm)
|Online display of JEE Advanced 2018 Answer key||May 29, 2018|
|Declaration of JEE Advanced Result 2018||June 10, 2018|
|Online Registration for Architecture Aptitude Test (AAT)||June 10 – June 11, 2018|
|AAT Exam Date||June 14, 2018|
|Declaration of AAT Result 2018||June 18, 2018|
|Dates of Seat Allotment||June 19, 2018 – July 15, 2018|
Changes Introduced in JEE Advanced 2018
- JEE Advanced 2018 will be completely online, unlike last year.
- The reservation for PwD candidates has increased to 5% from 3%.
- Supernumerary seats will be created for female candidates to increase their presence from 8% (existing) to 14%.
- The Category-wise distribution of candidates for total seats has been changed for 2018 as 4000 more candidates will be shortlisted from JEE Main.
- This time the application fee has increased to INR 2600 for General category candidates. Also, GST will not be applicable.
- A total of 5 exam centres must be chosen while filling JEE Advanced 2018 application form, earlier it was 3.
- During the test, if candidates find any malfunctioning with the provided system/computer, then they will be allotted another system and care will be taken that the exam duration of 3 hours is given to them.
JEE Advanced 2018 Eligibility Criteria
It is essential to fulfil the eligibility criteria of JEE Advanced 2018 before filling the application form. There are various factors that affect a candidate’s selection for the exam. Candidates can refer to the JEE Advanced 2018 eligibility criteria mentioned below:
- Nationality: For JEE Advanced 2018, both Indian and foreign nationals (including OCI/PIO) can apply.
- Performance in JEE Main 2018: Candidates are only eligible if they are amongst the top 2,24,000 All India Rank holders in JEE Main 2018.
- Age: General category candidates should not be more than 26 years of age. For SC/ST/PwD category candidates, relaxation of 5 years is applicable i.e., they must be born on or after Oct. 1, 1987.
- Number of Attempts: Candidates can appear for JEE Advanced only 2 times in 2 consecutive years
- Appearance in Class XII (or equivalent): Candidates who appear for the 10+2 or equivalent examination in year 2018 are also eligible to apply.
- Earlier Admission at IITs:
- Any candidate who has rejected the seat of IIT earlier are not eligible to apply.
- Candidates who joined preparatory courses in any of the IITs in the previous academic sessions can also apply for JEE Advanced 2018.
- Similarly, candidates who have paid the seat acceptance fee but still not accepted the seat are eligible to appear in the JEE Advanced 2018.
- Performance in 10+2 or Equivalent Examination:
- Candidates must have minimum 75% aggregate marks (65% in case of SC/ST/PwD category) in 10+2 or equivalent examination or candidates must be within the category-wise top 20 percentile of qualified candidates in their particular 10+2 or equivalent examination.
- Candidates who appeared in 10+2 examination in 2017 but reappeared in 2018, the best performance from the two will be considered.
JEE Advanced Application Form 2018
JEE Advanced Application Form 2018 has to be filled and submitted at jeeadv.ac.in. Make sure you fulfil the eligibility criteria before form-filling. To apply for JEE Advanced 2018, a candidate needs to register first and then proceed to the form-filling process. Check below all important steps to fill JEE Advanced Application Form 2018:
- Visit the official website i.e. jeeadv.ac.in
- Log in JEE Main 2018 Roll Number and Date of Birth
- Choose a new password to complete JEE Advanced 2018 Registration
Step 2- Fill JEE Advanced Application Form 2018
- After successfully creating a new password, you will be redirected to a page that will ask your personal and academic details
- Candidates will be required to mention the number of attempts, exam center, language of exam, category etc.
- Students requiring a scribe should mention it in JEE Advanced 2018 application form.
Step 3- Upload Documents
Candidates are required to upload the following documents:
- A coloured photograph with the head centred in the frame. It should cover 70-80% of the photograph and taken within last six months. The photograph should allow clear identification of the candidate.
- Class X and XII (or equivalent examination) certificate
- Class XII (or equivalent examination) certificate (for those who appeared for the exam in 2017)
- Scanned copy of candidate’s full signature and left-hand thumb impression.
- OBC-NCL category candidates will have to specify their caste from a drop-down list of their State as per the Central List of NCBC.
- Candidates from PwD category are required to upload the disability certificates.
- All scanned certificates should be in JPG/JPEG format.
- Size of the certificate images should be greater than 50 KB but less than 300 KB.
Step 4- Pay Application Fee
The application fee is elucidated in the table given below:
|Registration Fee for Examination Centers in India|
|Indian Nationals (including PIO/OCI)||Female Candidates (all categories)||INR 1300|
|SC, ST, PwD Candidates||INR 1300|
|All Other Candidates||INR 2600|
|Foreign Nationals||Candidates from SAARC countries||USD 160|
|Candidates from Non-SAARC countries||USD 300|
|Registration Fee for Examination Centers outside India|
|Indian Nationals (including PIO/OCI)||All India Nationals||USD 160|
|Foreign Nationals||Candidates from SAARC countries||USD 160|
|Candidates from Non-SAARC countries||USD 300|
JEE-Advanced Admit Card 2018
Candidates appearing for JEE Advanced 2018 can download JEE Advanced Admit Card 2018 from the official website jeeadv.ac.in. Candidates must use their credentials to download the admit card. Once received, cross-check your name, father’s name, photograph, signature, roll number, category etc.
To download JEE Advanced admit card, candidates must follow the below steps:
- Visit the official website of JEE Advanced i.e. jeeadv.ac.in
- Click on the link for ‘JEE Advanced 2018 Admit Card’
- Enter your registered application number and password
- Check details on admit card
- Print it for further use
In case of any discrepancy or problem in downloading JEE Advanced Admit Card 2018, immediately contact the Chairman, JEE (Advanced) of the Zonal IIT under which your examination centre falls.
JEE Advanced Exam Centers 2018
JEE Advanced exam centers have been set up in 161 cities for the year 2018. While making the registration, it is mandatory to choose 5 exam centers from an IIT zone. It should be noted, request for change of exam centers will not be entertained.
The reporting time and instructions to be followed at exam center will be mentioned on the admit card. Click Here for the list of JEE Advanced exam centers with codes.
JEE Advanced Exam Pattern 2018
The mode of the JEE Advanced exam has switched to online completely from 2018. The exam will comprise 2 papers- Paper 1 and Paper 2 of 3 hours duration each. The question papers will be in English and Hindi languages. Check the highlights of JEE Advanced Exam Pattern 2018 provided below:
Each question paper will consist of 3 separate sections- Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
The questions will be of objective type (Multiple Choice Questions and Numerical Aptitude Type).
Negative marks may be awarded for marking the incorrect answer. The marking scheme will be provided in “Instructions to Candidates” at the time of examination.
Paper 1- 264
Paper 2- 240
Paper 1- 90
Paper 2- 60
|Nature of Questions|
Paper 1- Objective type
Paper 2- Numerical Type
JEE Advanced Syllabus 2018
JEE Advanced 2018 is scheduled in May 2018. The syllabus for JEE Advanced 2018 will be decided by the organizing institute. JEE Advanced Syllabus 2018 will contain questions from Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. They will be of 10+2 level. Read on to know all the important chapters from PCM that are essential to study for JEE Advanced.
- Analytical Geometry
- Differential Calculus
- Integral Calculus
- Physical Chemistry
- Organic Chemistry
- Inorganic Chemistry
- General Physics
- Thermal Physics
- Electricity and Magnetism
- Modern Physics
JEE Advanced 2018 Suggested Books
The difficulty level of JEE Advanced is obviously higher as compared to JEE Main as it is the second stage of Joint Entrance Examination. Only the shortlisted candidates will be selected to get admission in IITs and ISM Dhanbad. Candidates will be tested not only their knowledge of fundamental concepts but their applications as well.
JEE Advanced 2018 aspirants can refer to the some of the most recommended books mentioned below to get an in-depth insight on the important topics.
|BOOK NAME||AUTHOR NAME||ISBN|
|Fundamentals of Physics||Halliday, Resnick & Walker||8126532459|
|Problems in General Physics||I.E. Irodov||9351414892|
|Maths XI||R.D Sharma||9383182350|
|Maths XII||R.D Sharma||9383182369|
|IIT JEE Chemistry||O.P Aggarwal||9381250197|
JEE Advanced Result 2018
JEE Advanced 2018 Result is expected to be declared on June 10. Candidates can view their result by logging-in with their roll no. and Date of Birth. With JEE Advanced 2018 Result, candidates can also check their AIR (All India Rank) and category-wise AIR.
All the successful candidates will be shortlisted to participate in JEE Advanced Counselling 2018. It will be conducted by JoSAA (Joint Seat Allocation Authority).
How to Check JEE Advanced 2018 Result?
Here’s how you can view your JEE Advanced Result 2018:
- Visit the Official website of JEE Advanced i.e. www.jeeadv.ac.in
- Click on ‘JEE Advanced Result’ link
- Enter your JEE Advanced 2018 Roll Number and Date of Birth
- Click on “Submit” button
- View your JEE Advanced result on the screen
- Download and take a printout of their JEE Advanced 2018 Score Card
JEE Advanced 2018 Cut off
Cut off is the minimum marks that a candidate needs to score in JEE Advanced 2018 to be able to sit for counselling. JEE Advanced 2018 Cut off will vary institute-wise and category-wise. There will be no waiting list for ranking. Only candidates who score the minimum prescribed marks in each subject and in aggregate will be included in the rank list.
As for the total marks, a candidate must obtain the below-set marks to qualify:
- Total marks to obtain in Paper 1 and 2- 372 (186 in each paper)
- Total marks in Physics- 124 (62 each in Paper-1 and Paper-2)
- Total marks in Chemistry- 124 (62 each in Paper-1 and Paper-2)
- Total marks in Mathematics- 124 (62 each in Paper-1 and Paper-2)
Minimum Percentage of Marks Prescribed for Inclusion in the Rank List
Here is the minimum percentage of marks (aggregate and subject-wise) that a candidate must secure to qualify JEE Advanced 2018.
|Rank list as per the Categories||Minimum percentage of marks in each subject||Minimum percentage of aggregate marks|
|Common rank list (CRL)||10.0||35.0|
|OBC-NCL rank list||9.0||31.5|
|SC rank list||5.0||17.5|
|ST rank list||5.0||17.5|
|Common-PwD rank list (CRL-PwD)||5.0||17.5|
|OBC-NCL-PwD rank list||5.0||17.5|
|SC-PwD rank list||5.0||17.5|
|ST-PwD rank list||5.0||17.5|
|Preparatory course rank list||2.5||8.75|
JEE Advanced Counselling 2018
JEE Advanced 2018 Counselling will be organized and managed by JOSAA (Joint Seat Allocation Authority) for admission to IITs & ISM Dhanbad. It is expected to begin in June 2018.The allocation of seats will be done on the basis of seat matrix list provided by the participating colleges. Candidates can check the stepwise JEE Advanced Counselling Procedure mentioned below.
Step 1- Registration
- Visit the official website i.e. jeeadv.ac.in to register
- Enter your registration number, roll number, date of birth and password
Step 2- Online Choice Filling
- Log-in using your credentials to choose branch, course and institute
- Lock your final choices before the due date
- Take a print of all choices you lock
- In case, access to the JCOP (Counselling portal) is denied, call on the JEE Advanced helpline number provided on the official website or submit an online request to JEE helpline (email@example.com)
Step 3- Seat allotment
It will be divided into three categories namely,
- On the basis of Date of Birth (DOB)
- Percentage of disability
Step 4 – Allocation of Seats
The final step in the counselling process is the allocation of seats. All the details regarding availability of seats in the participating institutes and cutoff will be updated on the official website of JoSAA.
Architecture Aptitude Test (AAT) 2018
B.Arch program is available at IIT Kharagpur and IIT Roorkee only. To be eligible for admission to B.Arch program candidates must PASS in the Architecture Aptitude Test. Only those candidates who have qualified in JEE Advanced 2018 can appear in AAT 2018.
Highlights of Architecture Aptitude Test (AAT)
- Registration for AAT 2018 will begin on June 10 and end on June 11 (5 pm).
- Architecture Aptitude Test is scheduled for June 14, 2018.
- Candidates should bring there own drawing and colouring aids.
- The Joint Implementation Committee of JEE Advanced 2018 decides the cut-off marks for passing AAT.
- There is no separate ranking in AAT and no separate cut off for students of any category.
Ques. Which document should I upload if I have Class XII pass certificate and the marks statement as separate documents?
Ans. Upload the Class XII marks statement.
Ques. My class XII result is yet to be out. Will I be able to register for JEE Advanced 2018 without uploading Class XII certificate?
Ans. Yes. You do not have to upload any document with respect to Class XII Examination.
Ques. Is the question paper available in Hindi language?
Ans. Yes. JEE Advanced 2018 offers question papers in two languages: English and Hindi.
Ques. What is my login id to apply for JEE Advanced 2018?
Ans. Your login is your JEE Main roll number. The password is same as that used for JEE MAIN.
Ques. Are PIO and OCI card holders eligible to appear in JEE Advanced 2018?
Ans. Yes. PIO and OCI card holders are eligible. Please refer to the relevant section of Information Brochure (points 5, 9 and 10) for more information.
Ques. Can I sit for Architecture Aptitude Test (AAT) without writing JEE Advanced 2018?
Ans. No. Candidates who qualify JEE Advanced 2018 will only be eligible for appearing in AAT 2018.
Ques. For the first time, I have appeared in class XII in 2017. Am I eligible to sit for JEE (Advanced) in 2018?
Ans. Yes, but only if you satisfy eligibility criteria of the exam. Check here detailed JEE Advanced Eligibility Criteria
Ques. My 12th class board examination’s result were out in June 2016. I have neither attempted JEE-Main nor JEE Advanced. Would I get a chance to appear for JEE (Advanced) 2018?
Ans. No, you are not eligible to appear in the exam. Candidates can appear for JEE Advanced only 2 times in 2 consecutive years.
Ques. While registering for JEE Main, unknowingly I wrote wrong category. Would I be able to change that in JEE advance?
Ans. No, the information filled during JEE Main 2018 cannot be changed.
Ques. Though I don’t belong to OBC-NCL, but I filled that during registration of JEE (Main). Am I eligible for Advanced?
Ans. Yes, you’re eligible only if your JEE main score is above general cut-off, you are eligible else not.
Ques. Is it possible that I upload the OBC-NCL certificate prior to 1-April-2018 as I do not have a proof of the same currently?
Ans. No, a valid certificate issued on or after April 1, 2018 should be uploaded on the website to avail the benefits.
Ques. I belong to OBC-NCL, I can see my caste only in state list but not in central. Also, I do not belong to NCL. Am I eligible to take OBC benefits for JEE Advanced?
Ans. No. You would only be considered in unreserved category.
Ques. I am a PwD candidate with 40% disability and have a PwD certificate. Am I eligible to take the benefits of scribe and an hour extra during JEE Advanced 2018 exam?
Ans. The services of scribe is only available to those who are visually impaired or dyslexic or have disability in the upper limbs. The request of scribe should be mentioned while registering for JEE Advanced 2018. Only those who get the permission will only be able to take the benefits.
Ques. To avail the benefits of scribe for JEE Advanced, which procedure should I follow to register for the same?
Ans. You need to follow the below given procedure:
- During registration for JEE Advanced 2018, this option should be marked.
- You must request the chairman of JEE Advanced 2018 of your zonal IIT in the prescribed format. Along with the requisition, you must upload the certificate of PwD or being dyslexic candidate at the time of online registration for JEE Advanced 2018.
Ques. What should I upload, class XII passing certificate or marks statement during JEE Advanced registration?
Ans. You must upload class XII marks statement.
Ques. I have appeared for class XII in the current year (2018). Can I register for JEE Advanced 2018 without uploading the document for JEE Advanced exam?
Ans. Yes, you can register for JEE Advanced without uploading document.
Ques. I have given JEE (Main) paper II. Can I write Architecture Aptitude Test (AAT) without attempting JEE Advanced 2018?
Ans. No, you need to qualify JEE Advanced in order to be eligible for AAT. Check JEE Advanced AAT
Ques. I have already taken admission in NIT in 2017. Can I give JEE Advanced 2018?
Ans. Yes, you can give JEE Advanced.
Ques. I got a seat in IIT during JoSAA 2017 but I neither paid acceptance fees nor I reported to any center. Am I still eligible to appear for JEE Advanced 2018?
Ans. Yes, you are still eligible to appear for JEE Advanced.
Ques. I got a seat in IIT bring JoSAA 2017. I paid the acceptance fees but later I withdrew it before the last round. Am I still eligible to appear for JEE Advanced 2018?
Ans. Yes, you are still eligible to appear for JEE Advanced.
Ques. I got a seat in IIT during JoSAA 2017. I paid the acceptance fees and received the “Document Verification-cum-Seat Acceptance letter”. Can I still appear for JEE Advanced 2018?
Ans. No, you cannot appear for JEE Advanced.
Ques. I took admission in IIT but did not continue with the program later on and left it. Am I still eligible to appear for JEE Advanced 2018?
Ans. No, you are not eligible to appear for JEE Advance 2018.
Ques. I did not withdraw myself before the last round of JoSAA. Am I eligible for JEE Advanced 2018?
Ans. If you accepted any seat in IIT but did not withdraw, then you are not eligible for JEE Advanced. In case, you took admission in any institution accept IIT, you can appear for the exam 2018 if and only if you satisfy other eligibility criteria.
Ques. I took admission in IIT for preparatory course in 2017. Am I still eligible for JEE Advanced 2018?
Ans. Yes, but you need to satisfy other eligibility criteria too.
Ques. Are PIO and OCI card holders eligible for JEE Advanced 2018?
Ans. Yes, provided you must satisfy other eligibility criteria.
Ques. I hold an OCI/PIO card or maybe at least one of my parent hold the same. Do I need to appear for JEE Main 2018 in order to register for JEE Advanced 2018?
Ans. Yes. You need to appear in JEE (Main)-2018 and qualify for JEE (Advanced)-2018 under the General category, in order to be eligible to register for JEE (Advanced)-2018. Further, all OCI/PIO candidates are outside the ambit of reservation of seats under the OBC-NCL, SC, and ST and PwD categories and are to be treated as General category candidate. Refer to relevant MEA/MHA, Government of India, notification regarding OCI/PIO.
Ques. In order to be eligible for JEE Advanced 2018, is there any exception for the requirement to appear in JEE Main?
Ans. Following conditions must be satisfied:
- Citizen of India
- OCI/PIO card holders
- One whose at least one of the parent is OCI/PIO card holder.
If the foreign nationals or their parents do not belong to OCI/PIO category, they can directly register for JEE Advanced 2018 without appearing in JEE (Main) 2018.
Ques. If I have followed all the steps except for paying the fee, Am I still eligible to write JEE Advanced 2018?
Ans. No, your admit card will not be generated which is required for the exam.
Ques. I am facing some issue while downloading my admit card through the portal. What can be done in this case?
Ans. In such cases, you must approach the chairman JEE Advanced 2018 of your zonal coordinating IIT.
Ques. I am a defense service personal, can my child get a seat under DS category?
Ans. DS category seats are earmarked for children of defense / paramilitary personnel killed or permanently disabled in action during war or peacetime operations. A certificate issued under Ministry of Defense or Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India is eligible for DS category.
Ques. Is attempting Paper I and Paper II compulsory in JEE Advanced 2018?
Ans. Yes, it is compulsory.
Ques. If I get absent in any of the paper, will my result be displayed?
Ans. No, in such a case, JEE Advanced result would not be shown.
Ques. Do I need to choose the language of the question paper at the time of JEE Advance registration?
Ans. No, you need not to choose the language as the choice of language (Hindi/English) is shown at the starting of the computer-based test.
Ques. Can I change the language anytime while attempting the exam?
Ans. Yes, you can change the language anytime during the exam.
Ques. Will I be provided with any rough page for calculations?
Ans. Yes, a scribble pad is provided to every examinee at the start of the exam.
Ques. Can I change my answers during the exam?
Ans. Yes, you can change your answers anytime during the exam
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College