JCECE 2017 Eligibility
JCECE 2017 Eligibility states that only local or permanent residents of Jharkhand are eligible to apply for the exam. Medically fit candidates can apply for the exam after undergoing a fitness test. NEET Scores will be considered for admission to MBBS/BDS course through JCECE 2017.
JCECE is conducted for PCB and PCMB subject groups. Candidates who want to opt for PCM group have to fill the application form for JEECE 2017. The features of various subject groups are:
- PCB Group- Candidates must have Physics, Chemistry and Biology in their 10+2 to apply for this subject group.
- PCMB Group- Any candidate with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics in Higher Secondary is eligible for this group
- PCM Group- Candidates with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics in 10+2 can apply for this group in JEECE 2017. CHECK JEECE 2017 ELIGIBILITY
The minimum academic qualification required to appear for any of the above mentioned subject groups is Class XII. The minimum age limit for any course is 17 years while there is no specified upper age limit. Candidates applying under reserved categories are provided a relaxation of 5% in the minimum marks required.
JCECE 2017 Eligibility
The candidates willing to apply for JCECE 2017 must fulfill all the parameters including age parameters, academic and residential. Check the complete eligibility below:
For Agriculture and Forestry
- The candidate must haveclearedthe I.Sc/10+2 or any similar examination with Physics and Chemistry as the compulsory subjects and one of the subjects among Mathematics/Biology.
For Animal Husbandry (B.V.Sc & A.H.)
- The candidate must follow the guidelines issued by V.C.I. for this stream according to which the candidate must have passed the I.Sc./10+2 or any similar examination with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as compulsory subjects.
For MBBS (through NEET)
- The candidate has to fulfill the educational criteria as per the guidelines of the MCI (Medical Council of India), Delhi for this program.
- He/She must have passed with 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology and English individually (40% marks in total for reserved candidates excluding English).
Note: Any candidate appearing for I.Sc./10+2 or any equivalent examination can also apply for the JCECE but it is necessary for him/her to clear it before the counselling date.
The candidates selected for admissions will undergo a medical checkup by the Board and only medically fit candidates shall be eligible for admission.
- The applicant is required to be a permanent/local resident of Jharkhand according to the domicile by theRaj Bhasa, Government of Jharkhand.
- The applicant must have procured a proper Local Resident Certificate assigned by the Government of Jharkhand.
- For B.tech- There is no age limit for the candidature in this course.
- For MBBS- The candidate must have completed the age of 17 years before the admissions or by the 31st December 2017.
- For Agriculture and Forestry- The age of applicant can range from 17 years to 22 years as on 1st July 2017. (Age relaxation of 3 years in maximum age for SC/STis provided)
- For Animal Husbandry (B.V.Sc & A.H.)- The candidate must be of minimum age of 17 years by the 31st December 2017.
JCECE 2017 Reservation Criteria
The JCECE 2017 (Jharkhand Combined Entrance Competitive Exam) or Jharkhand CET 2017 is organized by various government and private institutions of Jharkhand to provide admissions to undergraduates in different courses like B.Tech, Agriculture, Forestry, B.V.Sc & Animal Husbandry.The reservation policy shall be considered during the JCECE 2017 Counselling.
- The candidate should be a Permanent or Local Resident of Jharkhand as per the domicile issued by the Jharkhand Government.
- To avail the reservation the candidate should have procured a proper Local Resident Certificate issued by the authority assigned by Government of Jharkhand.
Reservation on Caste Basis
- This criteria is followed in accordance with the latest Reservation Policy of Jharkhand Government by various Government and Private Institutes.
- The students claiming reservation are required to submit/show the Caste Certificate in proper format (available on Act & Circular column on official website) issued by competent authority i.e. Sub-Divisional Officer (Civil) or Dy. Commissioner of Jharkhand State.
- In case the Caste Certificate is issued by any other authority it shall be considered invalid and the candidate shall be deemed to the General Category.
- The percentage reservation of seats by different castes for the Engineering Course:
|Scheduled Castes (SC)||10|
|Scheduled Tribes (ST)||26|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||14|
The percentage distribution of reserved seats for Medical Courses:
|Colleges Type||Seats (%)|
- 15% of the remaining seats are filled on the basis of AIPMT results.
- Candidates belonging to BC-I and BC-II will have to submit/show Caste Certificate including the Creamy Layer factor at the time of counselling.
Read More About JCECE 2017 Merit List
Service Man Quota (SMQ)
This reservation criteria is followed only by Government Engineering Institutions. The priority sequenceof the preparation of merit list under the SMQ.
- Widow/Wards of Defence Personnel killed in action.
- Wards of Serving Personnel or Ex-Servicemen disabled in action.
- Widow/Wards of Defence Personnel who died in peace time with death attributable to Military Service.
- Wards of Disabled Personnel disabled in peace time with disability attributable to Military Service.
- Wards of Ex-Servicemen and serving Defence Personnel who are in receipt of Gallantry Awards.
- Wards of Ex-Servicemen.
- Wards of Serving Defence Personnel.
Reservation for Disabled Candidates
- This criteria is applicable only in Government Degree Engineering Institutes.
- Applicants who have hearing, verbal or physical disabilities or all of these and whose lower or upper or both parts of the body are 40% partially disabled are considered for reservation through this criteria.
- Documents required at the time of counselling:
- A full size photograph
- Certificate of Disability issued by Civil Orthopedics Doctor of the District Hospital/ Civil Surgeon of Jharkhand state
Tuition Fee Waiver Scheme
- This scheme is only provided to candidates in the Engineering Institutes.
- The tuition fee waiver is applicable on 5% seats in every approved institute as per the provisions of the All India Council for Technical Education, New Delhi.
- These seats are allotted to the candidates whose Total Annual Family Income is less than 4.5 Lac INR according to this provision.
- To avail the seats the candidates are required to submit an Income Certificate issued by the Sub-Divisional Officer (Civil) and Dy. Commissioner of Jharkhand at the time of counselling.
- The seats available under this scheme are unreserved and will be allotted only by Merit-Cum-Choice.
Eligibility for the Local Resident Certificate
The Local Resident Certificate is a mandatory document required to appear for JCECE. The candidate needs to fulfill the following requirements to obtain the Local Resident Certificate:The candidate’s birth place should be Jharkhand.
- Either the candidate himself or his/her parents or guardians are required to be a resident of Jharkhand state for minimum 15 years.
- One of his/her parents should be:
- Working as a Government official under the Government of Jharkhand
- Working under the Government of India as the Government official but transferred to Jharkhand for servicing.
- The candidate himself or his parents must be owing a property or must be running a business authorized by the Government of Jharkhand.
- Other than the above mentioned eligibilities following criteria are also considered:
- The candidate must have qualified 7 years of his/her schooling from any school located in Jharkhand state.
- The candidate must have cleared the following examinations from any educational institution of the state of Jharkhand:
- For admissions in graduation based level in any recognized university the candidate must have passed his/her qualifying exam.
- For admissions in any university or intermediate board exam (I.SC.), 10+2 or any other equivalent qualifying examination then scores of class 8th are considered.
- In other conditions, class 4th scores are considered.
- The wife of a resident of Jharkhand will also be considered a resident of Jharkhand. So the resident certificate of the spouse is also applicable in this case.
- The candidate shall be considered a Local Resident of Jharkhand if his/her parent is a Defence Personnel along with the citizen of Jharkhand but he has not been posted in Jharkhand for service. It is not necessary for the candidate to academically qualify from an institution of Jharkhand. This shall only be applicable for Defence Service Personnel.
- Also, the wife and children of the All-India Service officials shall also be marked as the citizens of Jharkhand.
- The children of Ex-Defence Servicemen will be exempted from submitting the Local Resident Certificate at the time of JCECE 2017 Counselling.
- The resident certificate is not required for the Kashmiri Migrants.
Note: The candidate shall also be taken in account as a Local Resident if his/her parent is a registered migrant in Jharkhand.