Jain Entrance Test (JET) 2018
JET 2018 is a Scholarship entrance exam which is conducted for the admission of the qualified candidates into UG engineering courses in JAIN UNIVERSITY. This year, it will be held in online/offline mode on 22nd of April 2018. The application forms for the exam are available here. Candidates may avail it by clicking on the link below. Candidates are required to submit it before 20th April 2018, as it is the last date. To know more about JET 2018, read the article given below.
Some key features of JET 2018 are stated below:
- JET 2018 notification is now available on the official website.
- Candidates should apply on the official website of Jain University only.
- The minimum eligibility to pursue UG courses is a pass in 10+2 exam or equivalent with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with one of the Chemistry/Biotechnology/Biology/Technical Vocational subject.
- For PG programs, the minimum eligibility is a graduate degree in relevant discipline from a recognized university.
- The application fee is INR 550 regardless of the category of aspirants.
- The exam will consist of objective type questions and is conducted in both online and offline mode.
- JET 2018 Result will be declared on April 23, 2018 of conducting the exam.
Jain University is a private university situated in Bangalore, Karnataka. Admission to all courses in Jain University is based on merit cum rank obtained in JET 2018. Check all the details related to Jain entrance Test 2018 in the article below.
JET 2018 Highlights Table
Candidates can check the quick highlights of Jain Entrance Test 2018.
|Date of JET 2018|
April 22, 2018
|Conducting body||Jain University|
|Eligibility||UG Program: Qualified 10+2 exam with 60% aggregate PG Program: Graduation degree with 50% aggregate|
|Mode of JET 2018||Online and Offline|
|Stages of JET 2018|
B Tech course: Objective exam
UG courses: Objective exam, GD and PI
PG courses: Objective exam, GD and PI
|Counseling Date/Seat Allotment||April 25 and 26, 2018|
|Last date of blocking the seat||April 28, 2018|
|Duration of JET 2018||3 hours (180 minutes)|
- Aerospace Engineering
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Computer Science & Engineering with specialization in Cloud Technology & Mobile Application
- Computer Science & Engineering with specialization in Cloud Technology & Information Security
- Computer Science and Engineering with specialization in Internet of Things *
- Computer Science and Engineering (Hons.) in Data Sciences *
- Mechanical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- Information Science & Engineering
- Metallurgy *
JET 2018 Exam Dates
The proposed schedule for JET 2018 is mentioned in the table below. The exam dates provided below are tentative and are subject to changes as per the discretion of Jain University
|Issue of Application Form||6 November 2017|
|Issue of Hall Ticket||15 April 2018 Onwards|
|JET Entrance Date||22 April 2018|
|Declaration of Results||23 April 2018|
|Counseling Dates / Seat Allotment||25 and 26 April 2018|
|Last Date for Blocking the Seat||28 April 2018|
Courses Offered Through JET 2018
Jain University offers various undergraduate and postgraduate programs with different specializations. All the UG and PG programs offered by the university are tabulated below.
|UG Courses||PG Courses|
|B Com (Regular/ Professional/ Honors)||M Com (Electives/ Specialization)|
|BBA||MCA (Electives/ Specialization)|
|BA (Professional)||MSc IT|
|BSc (Regular/ Professional)||MA|
|B Tech (Regular/ Lateral Entry)||M Tech|
|BCA (Electives/ Specialization)||M Tech (Working Professional)|
|-||MBA (Single/ Dual Specialization/ MBA+MIB|
JET 2018 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for JET 2018 is as set up by the Jain University. Individuals must ensure that they fulfill the eligibility norms for the respective courses before applying for the entrance exam. The eligibility criteria for various courses is stated below-
Bachelor of Technology (B Tech Course, Duration: Four years, Full time.):
- Passed 10+2 examination with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with one of the Chemistry/Biotechnology/Biology/Technical Vocational subject
- Obtained at least 60% marks (60% in case of candidate belonging to reserved category) in the above subjects taken together
- Aspirants should have passed (or are awaiting results of) Class 12 exams in the respective stream from a recognized board and secured at least 60% aggregate (5% relaxation for SC/ ST category) in the qualifying exam
- Candidates should possess a Bachelor’s degree (minimum 3 years) in any discipline with an aggregate of 50% in the qualifying exam.
- Those applying for executive courses must have required work experience
JET 2018 Application Form
JET 2018 Application Form can now be filled by students interested to pursue the various programs offered by Jain University. Candidates will have to fill up general details like personal information and academic qualifications in the form. The application forms can be filled via both the online and offline mode. The online registration and application process consists of 3 steps which are given below:
- Online registration by giving basic details to create candidate’s login account.
- Fill JET 2018 Application form and upload required documents.
- Payment of application fee via offline or online mode
How to fill JET 2018 Application Form Online?
Aspirants can follow the steps give below to apply online for the Jain University entrance exam:
Step 1: Registration
- Log on to the official Jain University website and click on ‘Apply for JET 2018 UG/ PG program’.
- Participants will have to provide basic details about themselves like their name, mobile number, email ID and choose a password. Check these details and click on ‘Register’.
- They will receive an email upon successful registration
Step 2: Filling JET 2018 Application form
- Aspirants must login using their email address and password.
- Choose the program from dropdown and click on ‘Create Application’
- Provide your personal, communication and academic details.
- Upload scanned images of recent passport size photograph, signature, academic certificates of Class10 & 12 and graduation degree as per given specifications.
- After uploading the documents, see the preview of the application form. Verify all the details and click on ‘Submit’.
- Take a print out of the filled in application form and save it for future reference
Step 3: Fee Payment
- The final step is to pay the JET 2018 application fee.
- Fees can be submitted through to online mode (Credit/ Debit card, Net banking).
- The amount of application fee will vary as per program chosen by applicants
How to fill JET 2018 Application Form Offline?
- Candidates can also fill the application form via offline mode. Such students who are filling the JET 2018 Application Form offline will have to attach their passport size photograph, signature, class 10 & 12 mark sheet and bachelor’s degree mark sheet along with the form.
- Aspirants will have to draw a demand draft of INR 550 in favor of the ‘JET University- SET’ payable at Bangalore. They must fill the complete application form of JET 2018 and send it by post along with the enclosures to the following address:
#44/4, District Fund Road, Jayanagar 9th Block
Mobile: 91 8123855824, 886164444
Submission of Application Fee
Individuals can pay the application fees for JET 2018 i.e. INR 550. It can be rendered by card or net banking. Fees should be paid within the stipulated time period as per the course is chosen. Candidate can pay application fees by online mode like:
- Credit/Debit Card: Payment of fees can be paid through Master/Visa Credit/Debit Card.
- Net Banking: Payment of fees can be paid through Net Banking.
JET 2018 Admit Card
JET 2018 Admit Card will be issued to candidates who have successfully registered for the exam. The details about the participant such as his Name, Roll number, Date of birth, Time slot and the exam center allotted along with its address will be printed on the JET hall ticket. Admit cards should be downloaded from the official website of the Jain University.
Steps to download JET 2018 Admit Card are given below:
- Log on to the official website of JET 2018 i.e. jainuniversity.ac.in.
- Click on the link related to ‘Download JET 2018 Admit Card’
- Applicants will be redirected to a page wherein they will have to enter their registered email address and password.
- Admit card will appear on the screen. After verifying all the details, take a print out of it.
JET 2018 Exam Centers
JET 2018 will be conducted in across various centers in India. Candidates who opt for the online mode of the exam will be allowed to choose their preferred exam center while filling the application form. The exam is conducted in both offline and online mode. However, the offline exam will be conducted in the Jain University campus only on the specified dates as well as online exam will be conducted by PAN India.
JET 2018 Exam Pattern
JET 2018 will be conducted in the offline and online mode. The exam pattern will be different according to the course chosen by students. The courses which have GD/ PI rounds must first qualify the entrance exam. The question paper will have objective type questions (MCQs). Here are some highlights of JET 2018 Exam Pattern:
B Tech Programs:
- The question paper will consist of 4 sections viz. Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English.
- All the sections will comprise 30 marks each.
- A total of 120 questions has to be solved within 3 hours
- The exam paper will have 4 sections- Essay writing, Subject based questions, Basic Mathematics and Current affairs.
- The maximum marks allotted is 100.
- The exam will be followed by GD and PI rounds.
- The test is designed to test candidates' aptitude suited to the chosen program. Aspirants must qualify all the stages to be eligible for counselling
- This test will also have 4 sections- Essay writing, Subject based questions, Basic Mathematics and Current affairs.
- The first 3 segments will be of 20 marks each while the Current Affairs section will be of 40 marks.
- Candidates who qualify the test are called for GD and PI rounds. These rounds are meant to assess the personality traits and attitude of students
|Mode of exam||Online and Offline|
|Sections in paper||4|
|Maximum Marks||B Tech: 180 UG & PG: 100|
|Duration of exam||3 hours|
|Medium of language||English|
The syllabus for JET 2018 will cover topics of 10+2 level of PCME (for engineering) and other subjects according to the undergraduate course chosen by applicants. The syllabus for PG programs will consist of topics covered in the respective curriculum covered during graduation. Topics are diveded into two sections which are given below:
- Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry – 11th class and 12th class CBSE questions
- 20 Questions from English grammar
Test Duration: 180 Minutes
|Sl.no||Subject or Topic Name||No. of Questions|
JET 2018 Result
JET 2018 Result will be declared within 2 weeks of conducting the exam. The results will be announced on the official Jain University website in the form of a rank list. The results of the exam for various programs can be checked using few steps:
- Log on to the official Jain University website.
- Select the link of ‘JET 2018 Result’.
- Enter your login credentials to view your result.
The organizing university will publish a merit list for JET 2018 prepared on the basis of the applicants' performance across different stages of examination. The drawing out of the merit list is subjective to the availability of seats for various courses. Candidates whose names are enlisted in the merit lists will be eligible for JET 2018 counseling
JET 2018 Counselling
Jain University will conduct the counselling of JET 2018 soon after the results are declared. It will be done on the basis of the applicants' performance in the entrance exam. Candidates who qualify the entrance exam will be invited via email to appear for counseling process at the University.
Students should be present in person to attend the counselling round as per the schedule uploaded by the institute. Aspirants will be given provisional admission based on the marks secured in the entrance test during the counseling process. Such individuals will be required to produce a proof of having passed the qualifying examination and other documents.
Candidates will have to produce the following original documents at the time of JET 2018 Counselling:
- Class 10 & Class 12/ PUC/ SYJC/ Equivalent exam (Original +2 copies)
- 10 passport size photographs along with 10 stamp size photographs
- Transfer Certificate form college/ institute last attended (Original+ 2 copies)
- Migration Certificate (Original+ 2 copies) (for non- Karnataka candidates)
- Caste certificate and Income certificate (Original + 2 copies, if required)
- Parent or Guardian’s PAN card photocopy
- Provisional Admission offer letter (Original to be collected from the Admissions office of Jain University)
- Photocopy of provisional admission fee receipt
Note: Applicant will be required to pay the balance fee at the time of the submission of original documents at the Kanakpura campus.
Provisional admission is given based on the marks secured by the student in the JET 2018, subject to the student satisfying the eligibility criteria of admission. All applicants who are offered provisional admission will be required to produce the proof of having passed the qualifying examination.
#44/4, District Fund Road, Jayanagar 9th Block,
M: +91 8861644441, 8123855824
School of Engineering & Technology,
45th km, NH - 209, Jakkasandra Post
Bangalore - Kanakapura Main Road, Ramanagara District - 562 112