The Institute of Rural Management Anand (IRMA) decides the eligibility criteria for all its available courses. The institute has elaborated different eligibility conditions as per the nationality and course selected by the candidate. Here is a brief of the Eligibility Criteria for candidates appearing in IRMA 2018:
- Possession of Bachelor’s Degree with minimum 50% aggregate marks
- Foreign Nationals can apply directly on the basis of their CAT/ XAT/ GMAT Score.
- Candidates of Indian Origin will have to present CAT/XAT/GMAT Score, as well as appear in a mandatory exam of ‘Issues of Social Concern’.
- 5% relaxation of marks is for SC/ST/ PwD in admissions to various courses of the university.
- Candidates appearing in their final semester of Bachelor’s can also apply.
- There is no age limit.
All candidates who qualify these conditions can fill IRMA Application Form from October 2017- January 2018. The final selection will be made on IRMA Exam, Group Discussion and Personal Interview.
IRMA 2018 Eligibility as per Nationality
- Candidates from India and Abroad can apply for IRMA.
- Indian Nationals have to apply on the basis of their CAT/XAT/GMAT Score. They have to additionally appear in the entrance exam of IRMA.
- Indian candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of the entrance exam and subsequent selection rounds.
- Foreign Nationals/ Persons of Indian Origin (PIO) / Children of Indian Workers in Gulf Countries and Sons & Daughters of Non-Resident Indian may apply through GMAT/ GRE Scores (taken on or after January 2013) or CAT 2018 or XAT 2018 scores for admission.
- They can directly apply for any course, without appearing for the entrance exam.
- Foreign candidates will be shortlisted by IRMA on the basis of the test scores and a Telephonic Personal Interview round.
IRMA 2018 Eligibility as per Educational Qualification
IRMA has laid out different educational conditions for its courses. Read them below:
Eligibility Criteria Requirements for Programme in Rural Management (PRM)
- Candidates will have to be a graduate from any discipline
- Candidates will have to have a minimum of 15 years (10+2+3) of education
- Candidates must be having a minimum of 50% (45 per cent for SC/ST/DAP (Differently Abled Person)) aggregate marks at the graduation level.
1. The percentage of aggregate marks is to be calculated as per the practice followed by the concerned university or institution.
2. In case the university/institution does not have any scheme for converting CGPA into equivalent marks, the equivalence would be established by IRMA by dividing obtained CGPA with the maximum possible CGPA and multiplying the resultant with 100.
Eligibility Criteria Requirements for Fellow Programme in Rural Management (FPRM)
- PGDRM from IRMA or
- PGDRDM from IRMA with one year post-diploma work experience or
- Post-Graduation in any discipline from a recognized University or Institution with 55% marks at PG and 50% marks at graduation (college) level or
- Five-year professional degree (medicine, veterinary science, architecture etc.) with 60% marks and at least one year work experience or
- Four-year professional degree (engineering, agricultural sciences etc.) with 60% marks and at least three years work experience or
1. In exceptional cases, a candidate having a high professional standing and proven competence, but not possessing a PG degree but whose experience can measure up to a PG degree can also be considered for admission to the Programme.
2. In these cases, the FPRM Executive Committee would consider the quality of the published and unpublished work and/ or professional contributions of the candidate and establish the equivalence to the relevant PG course subjects. The decision of the FPRM Executive Committee will be final in this case
IRMA 2018 Eligibility as per Course
Candidates must note that they will have to fulfill any one of the criteria listed below for IRMA 2018 to be able to be eligible apply for FPRM:
- Post-Graduation from a recognized university or institution (in any discipline)
- Minimum percentage at PG is 55% marks.
- Minimum percentage at UG is 50 %.
- Five-year professional degree in either medicine/ veterinary science/ architecture with minimum 60% marks and work experience is at least one year.
- Four-year professional degree in any one of the following disciplines-engineering, agricultural sciences with minimum percentage is 60% and work experience of at least three years.
- Candidates must note that for SC/ST/OBC/Differently Abled Persons the eligibility is 5% lower than those mentioned above for the General category.
- Applicants having valid score of UGC JRF in relevant disciplines (management, economics, social work, sociology, psychology, commerce, etc.)
- Candidates must note that their JRF score is mandatory and the NET scoreis not sufficient for admission to FPRM 2018.
The following applicants are exempted from applying in the IRMA Online test and are directly called for interview:
- If the applicants have PGDRM from IRMA or
- PGDRDM from IRMA with one-year work experience after diploma or
- A valid score of UGC JRF in these disciplines-management, economics, social work, sociology, psychology, commerce, etc.
Note:Candidates must note that IIMs and XLRI have no role either in the selection process or in the conduct of the programme of IRMA.
Fill IRMA Application Form
- The candidate must be a Graduate in any discipline (10+2+3, a minimum tenure of 15 years education)
- For General category minimum percentage at graduation is 50%.
- For SC/ST/DAP minimum percentage is 45%.
- The CGPA must be converted into equivalent marks as per the rules of the concerned university or institution. If not, the equivalence will be established by IRMA.
- IRMA’s rule of calculating equivalent marks for CGPA:
Obtained CGPA with the maximum possible CGPA and multiplying the resultant with 100
Those who are yet to be a graduate but expect to complete all the criteria of graduation before 2nd week of June, 2018 can also apply.
IRMA 2018 Reservation Criteria
IRMA has not declared any specific reservation rules as yet. However, below are some key points about IRMA Reservation, as mentioned on the official website:
- No management quota is available for admission to PRM at IRMA.
- For reservation of SC (scheduled caste)/ ST (scheduled tribe)/ OBC (other backward classes)/ DAP (differently abled persons) applicants IRMA follows the statutory reservation policy of Government of India.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College