IRMA 2018 Admit Card, Exam Dates, Syllabus
Institute of Rural Management Anand (IRMA) conducts a national-level entrance exam for admissions to Postgraduate Diploma in Rural Management (PGDRM). A total of 240 seats are offered for admission. IRMA 2018 is decided to be conducted on February 4.
- Admit card for IRMA Exam 2018 has been released on the official website.
- Candidates of Indian Origin will have to present CAT/XAT/GMAT Score, as well as appear in a mandatory exam of Issues of Social Concern (IRMASAT).
- IRMASAT is a compulsory online test to assess awareness about issues of social concern. Check IRMA Syllabus
- Foreign Nationals can apply directly on the basis of their CAT/ XAT/ GMAT Score.
- Qualifying candidates will appear for GD/PI rounds from February- April.
- For Indian Nationals, the final IRMA Result will be declared on March 15. For Foreign Nationals, the final merit list will release on May 1, 2018.
Highlights of IRMA Exam
|Exam Name||IRMA Exam|
|Conducting Body||Institute of Rural Management Anand (IRMA)|
|Exam Type||Post- Graduate|
|Mode of Application||Online and Offline|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Duration of Exam||1 hour 20 minutes|
|Courses Offered||Fellowship Programme in Rural Management (FPRM) and Postgraduate Diploma in Rural Management (PGDRM)|
IRMA 2018 Exam Dates (Released)
IRMA 2018 exam dates are announced. The registration window is open until January 20, 2018 for Indian Nationals and March 31 for Foreign Nationals. For details on all the dates of IRMA Exam, refer to the below table:
|Release of IRMA 2018 Application Form||October 12, 2017|
|Last Date to submit Online Application Form for Indian Nationals||January 20, 2018|
|Last Date to fill Application Form by Foreign Nationals||March 31, 2018|
|Issuance of IRMA 2018 Admit Card||February 1, 2018|
|IRMA 2018 Exam Date||February 4, 2018|
|Dates for Group Discussion and Personal Interview||February 26 to March 10, 2018|
|Telephonic Interview for Foreign Nationals||April 23 to 27, 2018|
|Declaration of Final IRMA 2018 Result for Indian Nationals||March 15, 2018|
|Declaration of Final IRMA 2018 Result for Foreign Nationals||May 1, 2018|
Check IRMA Exam Dates
IRMA 2018 Eligibility
There are different eligibility criteria for different courses. They have been given below:
- Post Graduation Program in Rural Development- Completion of graduation in any discipline from a recognized university.
- Program in Rural Management (PRM)- Possession of at least 50% aggregate marks in graduation. However, there is 5 % relaxation for candidates from for SC/ST/DAP (Differently abled Person). Candidates appearing in their final year examination of graduation level can also apply for Program in Rural Management (PRM).
- Fellow Program in Rural Management (FPRM) should have completed
- PGDRM from IRMA
- Post-graduation in any discipline with at least 55% aggregate marks
- Five-year professional degree with at least 60 percent marks aggregate (architecture, law, veterinary) with at least one year of work experience (55percent for SC/ST/DAP/OBC candidates)
- Four-year professional course (engineering, agricultural sciences etc.) with at least 60 percent marks aggregate at the end of the course with at least 3 years of work experience (55 percent for
- Candidates with valid score in UGC JRF in relevant courses (management, economics, social work, sociology, psychology, commerce, etc.,) can apply for Fellow Program in Rural Management.
- There is no age limit for IRMA 2018.
- Foreign Nationals can apply directly on the basis of their CAT/ XAT/ GMAT Score.
- Candidates of Indian Origin will have to present CAT/XAT/GMAT Score, as well as appear in a mandatory exam of ‘Issues of Social Concern’.
Read More IRMA Eligibility
IRMA Exam Reservation
Out of the total seats available, a few of them are reserved in both the courses. Read them below:
|Differently Abled Persons||3%|
IRMA Application Form 2018
- Candidates can apply for IRMA 2018 in online and offline mode.
- The registration window is open until January 20, 2018 for Indian Nationals and March 31 for Foreign Nationals.
- There is a common application form for PRM and FPRM programs. An applicant may apply for two programs by using one application form.
IRMA Online Registration 2018
Candidates can fill IRMA 2018 Application Form by following the below steps:
- Candidates have to first register themselves at the official website of IRMA i.e. irma.ac.in using their email id and passoword.
- Then, they must provide their personal and academic details.
- Then, scanned copies of their photograph and signature are to be uploaded in the specified format.
- A requisite application fee must be paid to complete the registrations.
IRMA Offline Registration 2018
Candidates willing to apply via offline mode have to purchase the printed application form from the IRMA Admissions office or they may write to the following address with a demand draft drawn in favour of the "Institute of Rural Management Anand" payable at par at Anand.
Institute of Rural Management Anand (IRMA)
Anand – 388 001, Gujarat
Upon receival, the authority will send the printed materials (prospectus, application form, sample question paper of "IRMASAT" etc.). Candidates from BPL category are required to send their request with self-attested latest proof of BPL status issued by the appropriate authority.
IRMA 2018 Application Fee
- The application fee can be paid in both modes- offline and online.
- For online mode, candidates can make use of debit card/ credit card/ net banking.
- For offline mode, candidates can get a bank challan of SBI.
- Foreign Nationals are given a choice to pay by INR or their home currency.
Here is the IRMA Application Fee:
|Category||General and OBC||SC/ST/DAP||BPL||Foreigners|
|Fee||INR 1400||INR 700||Nil||INR 2000|
IRMA 2018 Admit Card
- IRMA 2018 Admit Card will be available from February 1 onwards.
- All candidates who have successfully applied for IRMA Exam can download the Admit Card from the official website.
- IRMA will not issue any hard copy of IRMA Admit Card.
- Candidates will not be allowed to enter the examination hall without IRMA 2018 Admit Card. They must carry the admit card with a passport size photograph and ID proof.
Here are the steps to download IRMA Admit Card:
- Visit the official website i.e. irma.ac.in
- Click on the link for ‘IRMA 2018 Admit Card’
- Login to your application account through your registration number
- Download and take a print out of IRMA 2018 Admit Card
IRMA 2018 Exam Centers
Following are the exam test centers for IRMA 2018. These centres are spread across India. Candidates should be present at the examination center at least one hour prior to the commencement of the exam.
|IRMA Exam Centres 2018|
|Anand / Changa / VV Nagar||Jaipur||Varanasi|
|Bangalore / Tumkur||Lucknow / Barabanki / Sitapur / Unnao||Delhi NCR (Ghaziabad, Faridabad, Gurgaon, Noida, Greater Noida)|
|Bhopal / Vidisha||Mumbai / Navi Mumbai / Thane||Indore / Dewas|
|Greater Kolkata / Kalyani||Nagpur||Bhubaneswar / Cuttack / Khurda|
|Chandigarh / Mohali / Panchkula||Patna / Hajipur / Bihta||Thiruvananthapuram|
|Chennai||Raipur / Bhilai / Durg||Pune / Pimpri Chinchwad / Talegaon|
|Guwahati / Ri Boi / Mirza||Ranchi||Vishakhapatnam|
|Hyderabad / Rangareddy / Secunderabad||Udaipur||Kochi / Ernakulam|
Check all IRMA Exam Centers
IRMA 2018 Exam Pattern
IRMASAT 2018 is set to be conducted on February 4, 2018. Both Indian & Foreign Nationals can apply for the exam. IRMA Exam Pattern has not seen any major changes over the year. Here are the highlights of IRMA Paper Pattern:
- Mode of Examination: Online
- Exam Duration: 80 minutes
- Subject- Paper on Issues of Social Concern
- Nature of Questions: Multiple choice questions
- Total Questions: 40
- Marking Scheme: 1 mark for each question
- Negative Marking: 0.25 marks deducted for a wrong answer
Check IRMA Exam Pattern
IRMA 2018 Syllabus
IRMA 2018 will comprise questions from Issues of Social Concern. It aims to test social awareness of a candidate towards its surrounding. Specifically, these questions will deal with current awareness of national and international issues. Following are some topics which come under IRMA 2018 Syllabus for Issues of Social Concern is as follows:
|Important Topics in Issues of Social Concern|
|Economy of India and problems pertaining to National Income and per capita income||Social and economic issues relating to poverty, inequality, employment, and literacy|
|Human Development Index and its developments||RTI|
|Agriculture, farming, livestock production and management||Public Health Issues inclusive of health education and health care|
|Poverty alleviation and methods to combat||Natural calamities and disaster management|
|National threats and security analysis||Five Year Plan|
Check Here IRMASAT 2018
IRMA 2018 Result
- IRMA will release the final result for Indian candidates on March 15. For Foreign candidates, it will come out on May 1.
- IRMA Result represents sectional and overall scores.
- Candidates who fail to meet the minimum cut off criteria will be disqualified from the further selection process.
- The scores of CAT/XAT will also be taken into consideration while calculating IRMA 2018 scores.
- The final result of IRMA will be based on the overall performance of aspirants in IRMA Exam, in addition to CAT/XAT 2018 score.
How to check IRMA 2018 Result?
- Visit the official website of IRMA 2018 i.e. irma.ac.in
- Click on the link for ‘IRMA 2018 Results’
- Students will need to fill their form number, roll number and password
- After finishing this process, the result will appear on the screen.
- Students must take a print out for any future reference.
IRMA 2018 Cut Off
- IRMA 2018 Cut Off will be declared soon after the declaration of IRMA 2018 Results.
- The overall and sectional cut off marks will be declared.
- Candidates who score more than the Cut Off will be selected for the further rounds of counselling.
- Here is the IRMA Cut Off 2017 for Final Selection of candidates:
*Cut off marks will be calculated out of 100 (Written Test - 50 + Group Discussion - 25 + Personal Interview - 25)
Read More About IRMA Cutoff
IRMA 2018 Selection Process
- The Institute of Rural Management Anand (IRMA) will issue a merit list soon after the results are declared.
- IRMA 2018 merit list will comprise the names and details of the qualified students.
- There will be two further selection rounds viz. Group Discussion and of Personal Interview.
- Students who will be selected in the merit list and score more than the cut off marks will be considered for admission.
IRMA 2018 Merit List
IRMA prepares the final merit list by taking in account the marks secured in CAT/XAT, IRMASAT, GD & PI rounds. Their respective weightage is given below:
Preparation of IRMA Merit List for Foreign Candidates
IRMA follow a different approach to calcuate the marks of foreign nationals, since they are exempted from appearing in IRMASAT. Check the details below:
Candidates selected for IRMA 2018 Counselling Process should follow the steps given below:
- They need to register themselves at the official website of IRMA.
- After registering, lock preferences of colleges within the given time period. No further changes will be allowed once the choices are locked.
- Candidates will be allotted colleges on the basis of merit-cum-preference.
Candidates will need to contact the respective colleges and take the necessary documents with them for IRMA 2018 admission.
IRMA 2018 FAQs
Ques. I have applied for one program. But now I want to apply for more than one, then what should I do?
Ans. In that case, you are advised to write an application to the admissions coordinator with details and pay necessary fees by Demand Draft. You are advised to write your application form number in all your correspondence. All the payments to IRMA should be made in the form of a demand draft favoring IRMA and it should be payable at Anand.
Ques. How to download (print) SBI Challan from IRMA Website?
Ans. SBI Challan is available on the website (https://www.irma.ac.in/) in the admissions link, in the important download section. You may open the file and take a print out of it.
Ques. Does IRMA offer any correspondence course?
Ans. IRMA does not offer any correspondence course.
Ques. Can I register for Programme in Rural Management (PRM) without staying in the campus?
Ans. No. Program in Rural Management (PRM) is a two-year fully residential program.
Ques. Whether Fellow Programme in Rural Management (FPRM) is approved by AICTE?
Ans. Yes, Fellow Programme in Rural Management (FPRM) is approved by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE).
Ques. How do I retrieve my user-id and password in case it is lost?
Ans. You are expected to keep a record of user id and password. If you are able to send us the user-id, your password can be mailed to you.
Ques. What should I do if I am unable to proceed with online payment?
Ans.Printed application material (prospectus, application forms, etc.) may be obtained from Admissions Office, IRMA, Anand - 388 001 on payment of full fees. (All the payments to IRMA should be made in the form of a demand draft favouring IRMA and it should be payable at Anand).
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College