IPU CET 2018
IPU CET 2018 (IP University Common Entrance Test) is a state level entrance test conducted by GGSIPU. It is conducted for providing admission to various UG, PG courses offered in the field of engineering, medical, dental, law, etc.
- IPU CET 2018 Application Form will begin from last week of January 2018.
- University will release the application form through online mode.
- The application fee is INR 1000 for all candidates.
- Candidate must have passed 10+2 board examinations to apply for UG course, whereas for PG courses, candidate must be graduated. Read More IPU CET Eligibility 2018
- The exam will be conducted on different dates for different courses from 3rd week of April 2018.
- IPU CET 2018 will be conducted in offline mode, candidates have to carefully mark their answers in OMR sheet.
- Candidate will have to answer 150 objective type questions. Check IPU CET 2018 Exam Pattern
IPU CET 2018 Quick Links
IPU CET 2018 Exam Highlights
|Exam Name||Indraprastha University Common Entrance Test|
|Conducting Body||Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University|
|Exam Type||University Level|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Exam Mode||Pen and Paper Based|
IPU CET 2018 Important Dates
IPU CET 2018 will be conducted in the month of April 2018. Interested candidates can apply from January 2018. Original dates will be updated soon as and when the official notification will release. The tentative schedule for IPU CET 2018 is given below:
|IPU CET Application form will be available from||Last week of January 2018|
|Last date to submit IPU CET Online Application Form is||Last week of March 2018|
|IPU CET 2018 Admit Card can be downloaded from||Two weeks before the commencement of the exam|
|IPU CET 2018 Exam is scheduled on||Third week of April 2018 onwards|
|IPU CET 2018 Result will be declared on||Second week of May 2018|
IPU CET 2018 Eligibility
As IPU CET is conducted for admission to various UG and PG courses of different stream, so the eligibility for each course differs from each other. However, there are some basic eligibility conditions which must be taken care of before filling IPU CET 2018 Application Form:
- Minimum IPU CET Eligibility criteria for those Candidates applying for UG Courses must have passed their 10+2 board examinations or equivalent exams.
- Those applying for PG Courses must have completed their graduation.
- Candidates seeking admission to UG courses must not be more than 21 years or less than 18 years.
- If a candidate possesses a diploma or B. Sc. Graduation degree they will be eligible to apply for B. Tech lateral entry exam.
IPU CET 2018 Application Form
- IPU CET 2018 application form will open in the last week of January 2018.
- The University will release the application form through online mode.
- Candidates can apply for one more than one course by submitting separate application form for that.
- To fill the application form, firstly candidates have to register themselves by entering their name, mobile number, email ID, gender, date of birth and course.
- There is no need to send the hard copy of the application form to the University.
Candidates must carefully read all the instructions given before beginning the application procedure. Must go through the steps given below to apply for IPU CET 2018:
- Visit the official website of IP university i.e. ipu.ac.in
- Click on the link “IPU CET 2018 Registration”.
- Select the exam category from the given choices.
- Enter the required credentials i.e. personal details and academic details.
- Upload photograph and signatures of file size less than 80 kb. File must be in .JPG, .JPEG or .GIF format.
- Select the course and Test center.
- Check all the details and click on ‘submit’.
- On your registered email id, a system generated log in id and password will be sent.
- Pay the application fee of INR 1000, thereafter and save the application form.
- Candidate must take the print out of IPU CET 2018 Application Form for further reference.
IPU CET 2018 Admit Card
- Admit cards will be available online on the official website www.ipu.ac.in
- IPU CET 2018 Admit Card will be available from two weeks before the exam for download.
- Admit card will not be delivered to candidate via courier or post services.
- You shall also bring one photo ID proof (driving license/ voter ID /PAN card/Aadhar card or any other govt. ID, a notarized Affidavit with photo) in which the photo of applicant is attached and clearly visible.
- Candidates will not be permitted to appear for IPU CET 2018 without showing correct and suitable photo identification.
Steps to download IPU CET Admit Card 2018:
- Visit the official website i.e. www.ipu.ac.in
- Enter the required credentials i.e. application number and password to log in.
- Click on the link ‘IPU CET 2018 Admit Card’.
- Admit card will be displayed on your screen.
- Download it and print multiple copies of IPU CET 2018 Admit Card.
IPU CET 2018 Test Centers
- IPU CET 2018 is conducted over 9 test centers.
- Candidates are asked to fill in their preference of the test city at the time of filling IPU CET 2018 Application Form.
- The advantage of choosing the test center is available for B. Tech, MCA and MBA courses.
- IPU CET 2018 test center for other courses is Delhi only.
- Other IPU Test centers allocated by the IP University have been listed below:
|Name of the City/ Center||Center City Code||Name of the City/ Center||Center City Code|
IPU CET 2018 Exam Pattern
IPU CET 2018 exams will begin in the month of April, 2018 onwards through offline mode i.e. it is a pen-paper based test. The exam pattern for every stream and course is different. The questions, depending on the course, will be asked in objective type or subjective type questions. The basic marking scheme of IPU CET 2018 has been mentioned below:
- Every correct answer will fetch +4 marks.
- For every wrong answer, -1 will be marked against the question (except for MBBS, PGMC and SSMC exam).
- Total marks for IPU CET 2018 is 600 (except for MBBS, PGMC and SSMC exam).
- There will be no negative marking in DM/ MCH/ SSMC exam.
IPU CET 2018 Subject wise exam pattern
- For BBA: IPU CET for BBA is equally divided in four sections. The questions are asked from English, General Awareness, Logical Reasoning and Management Aptitude. IPU CET for BBA will comprise of 150 objective type questions to be solved within 2.5 hours.
|General Awareness||25 %|
|Reasoning Ability||25 %|
- For B. Tech: Candidates who wish to seek admission to B. Tech course must have completed their secondary education in science stream. IPU CET for B. Tech shall test candidate’s aptitude based on Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. The division of marking is equal i.e. 33% in IPU CET 2018 for B. Tech.
- For B. Com (Hons.): IPU CET for B. Com (Hons.) tests candidate’s ability to answer questions pertaining to English, General Awareness and Reasoning Ability. The weightage of each section is as follows:
- For LE- B. Tech (Diploma): For Lateral Entry B. Tech course, candidates will have to appear for 4 sections in IPU CET 2018. The sections covered in it are- Applied Mechanics, Applied Mathematics, Fundamentals of Electrical Engineering and Electronics and Fundamentals of Mechanical Engineering and Computer Awareness. The weightage of each section is equal i.e. 25%.
- For LE- B. Tech (B. Sc.): Candidates aspiring admission into LE- B. Tech (B. Sc.) must appear for IPU CET 2018 and give answers to the 4 sections covered in it. These sections are as follows:
|B. Sc. Level Mathematics||40 %|
|English (10+2 level)||40 %|
|Analytical and logical reasoning||40 %|
|Scientific aptitude||40 %|
IPU CET 2018 for B. Tech BT
There are three sections covered under IPU CET 2018 B.Tech BT i.e. Physics, Chemistry and Biology. The maximum weightage out of all three sections is of Biology/Biotechnology i.e. 50%. The other two sections are equally weighed- Physics (25%), Chemistry (25%).
Check HereIPU CET 2018 Exam Pattern
IPU CET 2018 Results
- IPU CET 2018 Result will be announced in the 4th week of May 2018.
- Results will be uploaded on their official website and can be checked from there.
- Results declared will be on the basis of the cut off list.
- If the student does not meet the cut off list declaration, the student will not be qualified for counselling.
- Separate merit list will be prepared by the exam conducting committee.
- There is no provision for re-evaluation of answer sheets.
Steps to check IPU CET Result 2018:
- Visit the official website.
- Click on the link ‘Result’ link.
- Enter course name, roll number and password.
- Click on ‘Submit’ button.
- IPU CET 2018 Result will be displayed on the screen.
IPU CET 2018 Counselling
- After the declaration of IPU CET 2018 Results, candidates will be shortlisted for IPU CET 2018 Counselling process.
- A merit list will be prepared on the basis of scores obtained by candidates in IPU CET Exam.
- IPU CET 2018 Counselling is likely to begin from the month of June, 2018.
- IPU CET 2018 Counselling will be conducted through online as well as offline mode.
- The online counselling process of IPU CET 2018 is explained below:
Submission of Counselling Fees
- Candidate will be asked to pay the counselling fee initially either through online or offline mode.
- Counselling fee of INR 1000 will have to be submitted.
- Candidates may note that the counselling is non-refundable.
- To pay the counselling fee online, candidate will have to find the link “Payment of counselling participation fee”.
- Enter the required credentials i.e. roll number, date of birth and mobile number.
- For those who wish to pay the counselling fee through offline mode will have to enter the related details and download the Cash challan.
- Candidate has to deposit the challan in IPU bank account whose details are given on the challan.
Registration and Choice Filling
- Registration will begin two days after the payment of counselling fee.
- Candidates will be asked to fill choices, in order of their preference, for allotment from the list of all institutes and courses available.
- Opportunity to edit/modify/add/delete preferences will be given after allotment of seat in the first round for the subsequent round of counselling.
Allocation of seats
- Allotment of the seats will be done on the basis of merit, respective category and region.
- Once the seat is allotted, candidates will pay the part of Academic Fee of INR 40,000.
Reporting to the designated centers
- Candidates will have to visit the designated center to complete the admission process.
- They will have to carry original documents along with them for the verification.
Following original documents along with self-attested copies will be required at time of reporting:
- 10th Class passing certificate
- 10th Class Mark sheet
- 12th Class passing certificate
- 12th Class Mark sheet
- Academic fee receipt
- Caste certificate (if applicable)
- Bachelor’s degree(if applicable)
Note: Candidates who fail to report for admission will have no claim to their allotted seat and their academic fees will be forfeited.
IPU CET 2018 Reservation
- There is a provision of reservation for various categories.
- GGSIPU provides special reservations for candidates who hail from Delhi while some percentage of seats is secured for candidates from outside Delhi.
- However, if the college is self-financing, reservation of up to 10% will be made for candidates from management quota.
- The reservation for candidates belonging to Delhi and other states is further divided as follows:
|CATEGORY||UNIVERSITY SCHOOLS AND GOVERNMENT SCHOOLS IN NCT OF DELHI||SELF-FINANCING INSTITUTES/COLLEGES IN NCT OF DELHI||INSTITUTIONS LOCATED OUTSIDE|
|Delhi Region||Outside Delhi Region||Delhi Region||Outside Delhi Region||Delhi Region||Outside Delhi Region|
IPU CET 2018 Cut Off
- Before the counselling procedure, candidates have to make it to the cut off released by IPU CET.
- Cut off is prepared on the basis of availability of seats, number of candidates and the number of seats available.
- To get admitted to their desired college, candidates are required to score equal to or more than the cut off marks released by IPU CET.
- IPU CET 2018 last admitting rank in some popular courses is as follows: