IPPB- India Post Payments Bank
IPPB or India Post Payments Bank is an undertaking of the Department of Posts, Govt. of India. It is a recently opened entity that is welcoming online applications from qualified candidates who will be appointed for different posts. India Post has received in-principle approval from RBI and the Cabinet for setting up IPPB.
IPPB has made open various vacancies for enthusiastic and committed banking and payments technology professionals. Those willing to be a part of India’s most accessable bank in the world must keep note of all the important dates and updates. Candidates willing to register for IPPB can visit the official website i.e. indiapost.gov.in and look for the news of respective post. Post registration, eligible candidates will appear for an interview, written test or group discussion, as per IBBPS Selection Process. Check IPPB Cut off
This year, nearly 3600 candidates will be recruited through IPPB. Read below the complete details about various vacancies, eligibility criteria, salary package and selection of candidates applying for recruitment in IPPB.
|Chief Technology Officer||1|
B.Tech or equivalent from recognized university. The candidates must possess the required educational qualification as on September 1,2016.
|As per company’s policy|
|Scale I Officers||671||Graduates from University recognized by govt. of India. Candidates who fulfill the minimum education qualification and with postal services or sales of financial products/ rural banking/ with experience as Business Correspondent for banks are also eligible.||INR 23,700 – INR 42,020|
|Chief Executive Officer & Managing Director||1||Candidate must be a graduate from recognized university. Candidate having MBA degree or CAIIB certificate(Certified Associate of the Indian Institute of Bankers ) is preferred.||As per company’s policy|
|Scale II-III Officers||1077|
Candidate must be a graduate from recognized university. Candidate having MBA or B.Tech. degree is preferred.
|INR 31,705 – INR 45,950|
|Corporate Roles||24||Minimum work of experience in operation/ finance/ banking/ marketing as requisites of IPPB. It offering the remuneration as per company’s policy.||As per company’s policy|
|Scale IV-VI Officers||12||Candidate must be a graduate from recognised university within minimum work experience.||INR 50,030- INR 59,170|
|Scale VII Officers||5||Candidate must be a graduate from recognised university and having MBA degree or C.A is preferred. Minimum work experience as requisite of post.||INR 76,520- INR 85,000|
Allowances & Benefits
- Approximate monthly CTC is calculated at the start of the scale.
- It is inclusive of Dearness Allowance, City Compensatory Allowance & other allowances at “A” Category cities. Also, the leave and travel allowance will be as per Service Rules of IPPB Recruitment applicable at the time of appointment.
- In addition to the above, the Officer would be entitled to a Performance Pay as per criteria defined by the IPPB from time to time. The Officers are also entitled to retirement and terminal benefits as per the policy defined by the IPPB 2016.
Candidates willing to apply for any post in IPPB must visit its official wesbite. They can apply for one post only. There is no provision to apply offline.Each post will have a different application fee. Here’s how you can register for IPPB online:
- Visit the official website of IPPB i.e. indiapost.gov.in
- Click the option “CLICK HERE TO APPLY FOR IPPB SCALE VII POSTS” to open the online Application Form
- Enter basic information in the online application form
- Note down provisional registration number and password that will be generated by the system and displayed on the screen. An Email & SMS indicating the Provisional Registration Number and Password will also be sent.
- Upload photograph and signature as per the specifications
- Carefully fill the online application themselves as no change in any of the data filled in the online application will be possible / entertained
- Prior to submission of online application, candidates are advised to use the “SAVE AND NEXT” facility to verify the details in the online application form and modify the same, if required. Visually Impaired candidates are responsible for carefully verifying the details filled in the online application form and ensuring that the same are correct prior to submission, as no change is possible after submission.
- Ensure your eligibility before paying the fees/applying online.
- Application once made will not be allowed to be withdrawn and fee once paid will NOT be refunded under any circumstances nor can it be held in reserve for any other future selection process
Important Guidelines for Registration
Candidates must follow the below guidelines while registering themselves for IPPB.
- After completing the procedure of applying on-line, the candidate should take a printout of the system generated on-line application form, ensure the particulars filled in are accurate and retain it along with Registration Number and Password for future reference. THEY SHOULD NOT SEND THIS PRINTOUT TO IPPB.
- Please note that all the particulars mentioned in the online application will be considered as final and no change/modifications will be allowed after submission of the online application form.
- An email / SMS intimation with the Registration Number and Password generated on successful registration of the application will be sent to the candidate’s email ID / Mobile Number specified in the online application form as a system generated an acknowledgement.
- An online application which is incomplete in any respect such as without photograph and signature uploaded in the online application form / unsuccessful fee payment will not be considered as valid.
- Bank does not assume any responsibility for the candidates not being able to submit their applications within the last date on account of the aforesaid reasons or for any other reason beyond the control of IPPB.
- IPPB does not assume any responsibility for the candidates not being able to submit their applications within the last date on account of aforesaid reasons or for any other reason beyond the control of IPPB.
- Not more than one application should be submitted by a candidate. In case of multiple applications, only the last valid (completed) application will be retained and the application fee / intimation charges paid for the other registrations will stand forfeited. Multiple attendance/ appearance by a candidate in examination and / or interview will be summarily rejected/ candidature cancelled.
- Candidates serving in Govt./Quasi Govt. offices, Public Sector undertakings including Nationalized Banks and Financial Institutions are advised to submit 'No Objection Certificate' from their employer at the time of interview, failing which their candidature may not be considered and travelling expenses, if any, otherwise admissible, will not be paid.
- In case of selection, candidates will be required to produce proper discharge certificate from the employer at the time of taking up the appointment. Candidates are advised to keep their e-mail ID alive for receiving advices, viz. call letters/ interview advices etc.
- Appointment of selected candidates is subject to his /her being declared medically fit as per the requirement of IPPB.
IPPB Application Fee
Although the actual application fee may vary according to the post, but the standard fee for SC/ST/PWD (Only Intimation charges) is INR 150.00 (Rupees One Hundred and Fifty Only). For all others, it is INR 700.00 (Rupees Seven Hundred Only).
IPPB Guidelines for Application Fee Payment
Candidates must follow the below guidelines while they are paying the IPPB Online application fee:
i. Candidates have to make the payment of requisite fees/ intimation charges through Online Mode only.
ii. Candidates should carefully fill the details in the Online Application at the appropriate places very carefully and click on the “FINAL SUBMIT” button at the end of the Online Application format. Before pressing the “FINAL SUBMIT” button, candidates are advised to verify every field filled in the application. The name of the candidate and his /her father/husband etc. should be spelt correctly in the application as it appears in the certificates/mark sheets. Any change/alteration found may disqualify the candidature.
iii. In case the candidate is unable to fill the application form in one go, he/ she can save the data already entered.
iv. Once the application is filled in completely, candidates should submit the final data.
v. The application form is integrated with the online payment gateway through debit/ credit card.
vi. After submitting your payment information in the online application form, please wait for the intimation from the server, DO NOT press back or refresh button in order to avoid double charge.
vii. For Credit Card users: All charges are listed in Indian Rupee. If you use a non-Indian credit card, your bank will convert to your local currency based on prevailing exchange rates.
IPPB Exam Pattern
- IPPB conducts written examination that consists of two papers. i.e. Prelims & Mains.
- Both the papers are of objective type i.e. questions in paper are of MCQ (Multiple Choice Questions) format.
- IPPB has condition of negative marking, each question will carry 1 mark and 1/4th marks will be deducted for wrong answers.
- The Prelims comprises of English language, Quantitative aptitude and Reasoning ability sections. This paper consists of 100 questions and the duration to solve the paper is 60 minutes.
- Candidates will have to qualify prelims exam to sit for IPPB Mains.
- IPPB Mains comprises of following sections - English language, Quantitative aptitude, Computer knowledge, General awareness and Reasoning ability. IPPB mains exam consists of 200 questions and the duration of exam is 140 minutes.
Here are the IPPB Exam Pattern Highlights for your reference:
|Paper||Mode of Exam||No. of Questions||Medium of Exam||Exam Duration|
|IPPB Prelims||Online||100 questions||English/ Hindi||60 minutes|
|IPPB Mains||Online||200 questions||English/ Hindi||140 minutes|
IPPB Cut off
IPPB cut off is the minimum score which must be scored by a candidate to qualify the exam. Candidates who have secured the cutoff marks in IPPB prelims will sit for Mains exam. Your choice of selecting the questions in Prelims Phase is a major deciding factor that whether you will be in or out for the Mains Paper.
Here is the expected IPPB Cut off 2017 for Prelims and Mains exam:
IPPB 2017 Cut off (Prelims)
|Section||No. of Qs||Max. Marks||Expected Cut Off|
|English Language||30||30||7 – 8|
|Quantitative Aptitude||35||35||8 – 10|
|Reasoning Ability||35||35||9 – 12|
|TOTAL||100||100||50 – 55|
IPPB 2017 Cut off (Mains)
|Section||Max. Marks||Duration||Expected Cut Off|
|Reasoning Ability||50||40 mins||10 – 12|
|English Language||40||30 mins||9 – 11|
|Computer Knowledge||20||10 mins||10 – 13|
(with special reference
|40||20 mins||12 – 14|
|Quantitative Aptitude||50||40 mins||12 – 15|
|TOTAL||200||140 mins||95 – 110|
IPPB Selection Process
- Selection to various posts in IPPB will be made on the basis of an interview round.
- The total marks allotted for Interview are 100. The minimum qualifying marks in interview will not be less than 40% (35% for SC/ST/OBC/PWD candidates).
- The weightage (ratio) of Main exam and interview will be 80:20 respectively.
- The combined final score of candidates shall be arrived at on the basis of scores obtained by the candidates in the Main Examination and Interview. Interview score of the candidates failing to secure minimum qualifying marks or otherwise barred from the interview or further process shall not be disclosed.
- IPPB also reserves the right to conduct Assessment, Group Discussion or Online Test in addition to interview. Merely satisfying the eligibility norms do not entitle a candidate to be called for Interview/Group Discussion or Online Test.
- IPPB has the power to call only the requisite number of candidates for the Assessment/ Interview/ Group Discussion or Online Test after preliminary screening/ short listing with reference to candidates’ qualification, experience, profile vis-a-vis job requirements, etc.
- Results of the candidates who have qualified for various stages of the recruitment process and the list of candidates finally selected will be made available on the website.
- Final select list will also be published online, describing names of all selected candidates.
Q1. Is IPPB a public sector or private sector bank?
Ans – IPPB is totally owned by govt. of India through the department of posts. Thus, it comes under the category of public sector banks.
Q2. What are the age limit for Scale II and Scale III officers post?
Ans – The IPPB age limit for scale II & scale III officers post are following:
The age limit for scale II officers post should be in between 26 years and 35 years and for scale III officer post is between 23 years and 35 years. Candidates should be born not before 02.09.1986 and not later than 01.09.1996 to meet the age requirement for both the positions.
Q3. I will turn 20 years in the month of January 2017. Am I eligible to apply for Assistant Manager (Scale I) Post?
Ans – Candidates should be born on September 02, 1986 to September 01, 1996 are eligible for scale I officer post.
Q4. Is there any age relaxation policy for SC/ ST/ OBC category?
Ans – There is age relaxation for reserved category as mentioned below in the table:
|SC/ ST||5 years|
|Physically handicapped (PH)||10 years|
|PH + OBC||13 years|
|PH + SC/ST||15 years|
Q5. My final Semester/ year will be completed in the year of 2017. Am I eligible for any of the posts of IPPB Recruitment Exam?
Ans – No, candidates who are waiting for their results are not eligible. Only those candidates who have completed their qualification by September 01, 2016. Are eligible for IPPB exam.
Q6. Is there any experience requirement for scale I officer post?
Ans – No, there is not any work experience required for scale I officer post. Freshers can also apply for this post.
Q7. How much work experience is required for Scale II & III officers post?
Ans – The work experience required for these posts are following:
Manager (Scale II) – Minimum three years of work experience as an assistant manager in any private bank or public sector.
Assistant Manager (Scale III) - Minimum six years of work experience as manager in any private bank or public sector or similar level in any other organisations.
Q8. What is the basic salary of Officers in IPPB?
Ans – The basic salary for the various post are different. The basic pay for each of the posts of IPPB is mentioned below:
IPPB scale I Officer – Rs. 23,700 to 42,020
IPPB scale II Officer – Rs. 31, 705 to 45,950
IPPB scale III Officer – Rs. 42,020 to 51,490
In addition to basic pay, dearness allowances, city compensatory allowances & other allowances at ‘A’ category cities will be reimbursed.
Q9. Do I need to sign any service bond in IPPB?
Ans - No, there is not any service bond or agreement for the posts of IPPB.
Q10. How many years do I need to serve for probation?
Ans - The Probationary Officers will be on probation of two years. During this period, they will be given intensive training. Towards the end of your probation period, you will be subjected to a screening process for confirmation.