ILICAT 2018 is conducted nationally by The Indian Law Institute (ILI) to provide the admission to the LLM programs offered by the institute. It will be organised in offline mode in June 2018. The institute offers around 20 seats for the LLM program. Given below is a quick synopsis of ILICAT 2018:
- The minimum eligibility to apply for the exam is LLB graduation. Also, the minimum age required is 21 years.
- ILICAT Application Form 2018 can be filled in the online or offline mode.
- There is a fine of Rs.500 for late submission of the application form. However, the application fee is INR 2500 which must be paid in online mode only.
- ILICAT Admit Card is available in both online and offline mode depending upon the mode submitted by the candidate.
- ILICAT has both objective and subjective questions. The total weightage of the exam is calculated to be160.
- There is different marking scheme according to the sections of the exam.
ILICAT result will be published in form of the score card at stage 1. Students who clear the stage 1 of the exam will go for stage 2 and have to appear for a written exam, GD and Viva- voce round. Students who clear the SOP written exam will be called for GD and Viva. The merit list will be released at the last stage and students will be invited for counselling at Delhi campus.
ILICAT Exam Highlights
|Name of the exam||Indian Law Institute Common Admission Test (ILICAT)|
|Date of ILICAT 2018||June 2018|
|Conducting body||Indian Law Institute (ILI)|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Duration of exam||2 hours|
|Eligibility||LLB Degree (Graduation)|
|Number of seats||20|
|Minimum percentile/ marks||50%|
ILICAT Exam Dates 2018
ILICAT Exam Dates are decided and announced by ILI (Indian Law Institute). ILICAT Application Form is expected to be released officially from first week of May 2018. The exam will be conducted in June 2018. Here is a tentative schedule of the ILICAT 2018:
|ILICAT Application form (online/offline) will be released on||First week of May 2018|
|Last date to submit ILICAT 2018 Application Form||Last week of May 2018|
|ILICAT Hall Ticket will be issued on||First week of June 2018|
|ILICAT 2018 is scheduled for||Second week of June 2018|
|ILICAT Result Notification will be issued on||Fourth week of June 2018|
|GD and Viva voce of short listed candidates will be displayed on||First week of July 2018|
|Date of display of first merit list for ILICAT 2018||First week of July 2018|
|Second merit list for ILICAT 2018 will be released in||Second week of July 2018|
|ILICAT 2018 third merit list will be released in||Second week of July 2018|
ILICAT Eligibility 2018
Every candidate must read the eligibility criteria defined by the authorities, as the application form will be accepted only if you fulfil the ILICAT Eligibility 2018. Given below are the eligibility conditions mentioned by ILI for LLM program:
- LLB degree from any recognized institute/ university recognized by the BAR council of India.
- A law degree from a foreign university affiliated by an eminent university, with at least 50% marks in aggregate or equivalent are eligible to apply.
- Candidates in the final semester of their examination are also eligible to apply if they obtain the requisite marks in the qualifying examination.
- The minimum age limit required to apply for the exam is 21 years while there is no prescribed upper age limit for the exam.
ILICAT Application Form 2018
ILICAT Application Form is available in both online and offline mode. So, students can request for the application form in the offline mode through a letter and in online mode can fill it on the official website. Steps to fill online application form in online mode:
Step 1: Registration
- Open the official website.
- Search for the link “ILICAT 2018”, click on the web link and this will take you to a new webpage.
- Fill the details of your name, email id, mobile number and date of birth.
- The step is complete and is termed as “ILICAT 2018 registration”.
- You will receive an email from the university’s side containing the details of the username and password.
- Click on the link and this will take you back to the official website.
Step 2: Uploading the scanned image of photograph and signature
- Once the details have been filled the system will ask you to upload the scanned copy of the photograph and signature.
- Click on the “Choose File” button and upload the file.
- Make sure the maximum size of the photo is 100 KB and of the signature is 50 KB.
Step 3: Uploading the personal details of educational qualification
- Provide the details of class 10 and class 12 percentage and total marks.
- Complete the details of graduation and post graduation.
- Details about if you are NET qualified or not are to be uploaded.
Step 4: Payment of ILICAT 2018 application fee
- The application fee can be paid in the online or offline mode.
- In the online mode, the fee has to be paid through credit/ debit card.
- In offline mode, you have to pay the fee through DD.
The details of the payment mode along with the fine for late payment are as follows:
|Application mode||Fee (in Rupees)||Late Fee (for submitting form in person)|
|In person||Rs.1500||+ Rs.500|
|Download application form||Rs. 2500||+ Rs. 500|
|By post or courier||Rs.1100 *||NA|
Please note: Students who are requesting for the application form via post/ courier need to send a DD of Rs.1100 enclosed in the letter itself.
ILICAT Admit Card
ILICAT Admit card is the most important document issued by ILI. The admit card will be delivered in the offline mode to the candidates who have sent a DD of Rs.1100 in favour of ILICAT office, for delivery of admit card through courier or speed post. If you do not wish to get the admit card offline, you can download it from the official website.
Download it by following the simple 4 step process detailed here:
- Open the official website www.ili.ac.in.
- Click on the link “ILICAT 2018 admit card”.
- This will take you to a new web page, provide the details of username and password.
- On the screen is available your admit card.
- Download the admit card and take a print out of the same for future use.
ILICAT Admit Card contains the following details:
- Candidates name
- Date of birth
- Test center
- Test center code
- ILICAT exam date
- Candidate’s Photo graph
- Candidate’s signature
- Exam day instructions
ILICAT Exam center
ILICAT 2018 exam is a national level exam, open to all candidates but the exam is conducted in Delhi only. Students must reach Delhi at least two days before the exam, so that they visit the ILICAT exam center once before the actual exam day.
ILICAT Exam Pattern
ILICAT 2018 will be conducted in the offline mode. Exam duration will be 2 hours. Exam will be conducted in second shift and paper will vary according to the course for which you are appearing. The mode of instruction will be English only. The total marks for the exam are 160 and it is divided into three parts.
There are objective and subjective kind of questions. The word limit for subjective type of questions is 150. Part A and B are objective in nature and part C subjective. In MCQ based section 1/4th mark is deducted for every wrong answer and 1 mark is awarded for every correct answer.
ILICAT Exam Pattern Highlights
|Mode of examination||Offline|
|Number of questions||Subjective questions will be 4 in number, MCQ based are 140.|
|Duration of exam||2.5 hours|
|Sections in paper||3 (2 objective and 1 subjective)|
ILICAT Syllabus 2018
The ILICAT 2018 exam will contain 3 parts:
- Part A contains 40 questions of MCQ type related to general English and general knowledge.
- Part B comprises 100 questions of MCQ type from the following areas: Jurisprudence, Constitutional law, IPC, Public International law, Commercial law (contract and specific relief act), partnership and sale of Goods Act), Law of Torts, Law of Limitation and Environmental law.
- Part C will contain 4 subjective type of questions not more than 150 words each.
Given below are the preparation books to aid the preparation for ILICAT 2018:
|Study package for CLAT and LLB entrance exam||McGraw Hill Education (India) Private Limited||9351340341|
|Complete self study guide of LLB entrance exam|
|The Complete Success Package - CLAT (Common Law Admission Test) 2017||Arihant Publications||9385980912|
|Universal's Guide to CLAT & LL.B. Entrance Examination 2017-18||Universal Law Publishing - An Imprint of Lexis Nexis; Twenty Seventh edition||9350358409|
|CLAT & LL.B. Entrance Examination||Sandpiper Publishers||8192972836|
ILICAT Result 2018
ILICAT 2018 Result will be published in both the online and offline mode. The result is published on the notice board of Indian Law Institute, Delhi office. If you wish to check your result in online mode then you must visit the official website of ILICAT.
Results are published in the form of merit list officially. The merit list will depend on the performance in the viva- voce and marks obtained in SOP. Students who have their names in the merit list on the basis of SOP will then be called for next selection rounds.
The score card will be published individually for each of the candidate and that can be accessed by following the steps below:
- Open the official ILICAT 2018 website and find the link “ILICAT 2018”.
- Click on the link and then check the sub- link “ILICAT 2018 result”.
- Click on the link and provide the details of your username, password and type the captcha code available on screen.
- Click on “submit” button and your score card will be displayed on screen.
ILICAT merit list will be the second stage of result, only those candidates who have attended the viva- voce will have their names in the merit list. At stage one only the score card will be displayed.
ILICAT Counselling 2018
ILICAT counselling 2018 will be conducted in offline mode at the Delhi campus of Indian Law Institute. Students who have cleared the earlier rounds of GD and viva- voce will be invited for the counselling process. Counselling will be conducted in 3 rounds on the basis of the merit list. Students must keep on checking the official website for updates and so separate letter will be sent for the counselling.
Important documents required for verification during ILICAT counselling are:
- Copy of ILICAT Application Form 2018
- ILICAT Score Card 2018
- Graduate degree from a recognised university or recognised by Bar Council of India
- NRI Certificate (If applicable)
- ILICAT Admit Card 2018
- Specially-Abled Certificate (If applicable)
- Sponsored NRI Certificate (If applicable)
- Caste Certificate (If applicable)
- Domicile Certificate (If applicable)