IIT JAM 2018 Results will be declared on March 20, 2018. The merit list will be prepared on the basis of AIR secured by the candidates in IIT JAM 2018.
- Candidates whose name appear in the merit list will be qualified for the IIT JAM counselling 2018.
- Only the qualified candidates can apply for academic programmes in IISc Bangalore and IITs.
- Candidates have to fill an Online Application Form for Admission so that they can apply to the institutes for admission.
- Admission forms will be available on JAM 2018 website.
- The admission process will start from June 2, 2018 and will end in July 3, 2018.
- The admission process will be ONLINE only.
- A candidate can apply to one or more programs that are covered under the test paper(s) qualified by candidate, subject to fulfillment of the Minimum Educational Qualifications and the Eligibility Criteria of the Admitting Institute(s).
IIT JAM 2018 Merit List
- IIT JAM Merit List 2018 is scheduled to be released after March 20, 2018.
- IIT JAM 2018 Merit List will be based on AIR.
- The number of candidates considered in the All India Merit List depends on the total number of seats reserved for each category (OBC-NCL, SC, ST, and PwD) in each individual subject.
- The qualified candidates will be considered eligible to apply for admission to any of the relevant academic programs at IISc and IITs.
- IIT JAM 2018 Score card which contains the All India Ranks secured by the candidates and marks scored by them, will be available for download on JAM website for all successful candidates.
Tie Breaking Procedure in IIT JAM 2018
- The exam conducting authority will follow a tie breaking procedure in case two or more candidates have scored the same aggregate marks, for the purpose of awarding ranks.
- The procedure of Tie Breaking in IIT JAM 2018 is explained below.
- Candidates with higher ratio of positive marks to negative marks will be awarded higher ranks.
- In case, the tie still persists then the candidates concerned will be awarded same ranks.
IIT JAM 2018 Counselling Schedule
|Submission of the Admission Form for IIT JAM 2018||April 12-25 2018|
|Last Date for receipt of request for change of category in proper format/rectification of defective documents at IIT Delhi||May 10, 2018 (Wednesday)|
|Declaration of First Admission List||June 02, 2018 (Friday)|
|Declaration of Second Admission List||June 20, 2018 (Tuesday)|
|Declaration of Third and Final Admission List and the Closure of Admissions through JAM 2018||July 3, 2018 (Monday)|
IIT JAM 2018 Admission Procedure
The admission process for IIT JAM 2018 would commence after the second week of April 2018. The process for admission to various IITs and IISc is explained below.
- Visit the official website and login using the login details from June 2-July 3, 2018, irrespective of the IISc and IITs where the admission is sought, to fill the admission form
- Fill in the required information such as choice of programmes in order of preference, educational qualification, aggregate/CGPA, category, etc.
- After filling the program preference and proceeding to payment, E-challan, of amount INR 600, will be generated
- Take the printout of E-Challan and visit the nearest branch of State bank of India by April 25, 2018.
- The payment has to be made in cash only.
- The payment will be non-refundable. Also bank charges will also be applicable
- After making the payment, get the SBI-stamped IIT JAM 2018 copy of E-Challan scanned and upload the scanned image on the admission website in JPEG/PDF format
- Only one duly filled admission form has to be submitted even if a candidate has qualified in one or two papers. Candidate has to fill in the choices of programmes at IISc and IITs, in order of preference, in option form
- Candidates belonging to OBC-NCL category have to submit a valid certificate along with the admission form after declaration of IIT JAM 2018 results. If they fail to submit the certificate or the certificate in not in the prescribed format, the candidate will be considered in General Category
- If Admission Form is incomplete in any respect or if application fee is not paid, the candidate will not be considered for admission, even if satisfying the eligibility criteria of any programme(s)
- Candidates will be considered for admission only to the programme(s), given in their Admission Form
- IIT JAM 2018 Seat Allotment and Fee Payment
- In order of preference filled by candidates and subject to the availability of seats, the admission list will be released on the official website. Three admission lists will be released as per the schedule given below:
First Admission List
Date: June 2, 2018 (Friday)
Admission offers will be sent by the institutes to the candidates selected the next day. Candidates have to submit the acceptance letter and pay an advance seat booking fee through E-Challan through State bank of India before the last date mentioned in the offer letter. The amount will be adjusted in the institute fee at the time of registration.
Candidates belonging to General/OBC-NCL category have to pay INR 10000 as advance seat booking fee. Candidates belonging to SC/ST/PWD category are required to pay INR 5000 as advance seat booking fee.
Second Admission List
Date: June 20, 2018 (Tuesday)
If seats remain vacant after the First Admission process, the second admission list will be released by the organizing institute. Admission offers will be sent by the institutes to the candidates selected the next day. Candidates offered admission through second list, have to submit the acceptance letter and pay an advance seat booking fee through E-Challan through State bank of India before the last date mentioned in the offer letter. The amount will be adjusted in the institute fee at the time of registration.
Candidates belonging to General/OBC-NCL category have to pay INR 10000 as advance seat booking fee. Candidates belonging to SC/ST/PWD category have to pay INR 5000 as advance seat booking fee.
Third Admission List
Date: July 3, 2018 (Monday)
If seats remain vacant even after the Second Admission process, the third admission list will be released by the organizing institute. Admission offers will be sent by the institutes to the candidates selected the next day.
Third Admission List will be the last list and the admission process for IIT JAM 2018 will be completed.
- If a qualified candidate is allotted a seat in the First Admission List and if the offer of admission is accepted, the lower preferences of the candidate will be automatically cancelled. However, the candidate will remain on the waiting list for all the higher preferences
- Qualified candidates, who are not allotted any seat in First/Second Admission List, will remain on the waiting list in the next round of admission(s). If a qualified candidate fails to accept an admission offer, he/she will not be considered further in the admission process
- Admissions will be made in order of merit and depend on the number of seats available at the Admitting Institute(s)
- For any query regarding the eligibility criteria, candidate must contact the Admitting Institute only. The IIT JAM organizing institute will not answer any query in this regard
Check IIT JAM Participating Colleges